Oh no, not the schools!

Where the fuck were all these protests when I was in high school?

>an historic
Something tells me these teachers have been on strike in the past

what are they protesting, also isnt west virgina nigger country

no niggers

It depends on which style guide you use but that phrase is considered correct by many. You wouldn't say 'a hour', would you?

It's an anachronism, but still valid English, if a bit affected.

Teachers are always on strike about something. Had a similar week long one here in southern Ontario when I was in the 3rd grade. Can't remember what it was about though.

Historic starts with a consonant sound so it gets an "a". Hour starts with a vowel sound so it gets an "an". Pretty consistent.

An under reported aspect of this strike is that many of these students are poor white kids who rely on subsidized school lunches. The longer the teachers strike, the longer the kids starve.

Again, depends on which style guide you use and which part of the country you are from. Someone from the South of England will drop the h and pronounce it "istoric" whereas someone from the North will keep it intact, generally speaking. I doubt this news article, if it's even real, is American; as far as I know, no regional accent in the US drops the h from historic.

Why do they think closing down the schools would piss Trump supporters off?

>west virginia
didn't know they've got some schools up.
good for them

>strike because of low wages
>cost of living in WV is ridiculously affordable
>still getting those sweet, sweet gubment health benefits
>only have to work for 9 months a year
>raising the wages to the demanded levels would literally bankrupt the state

UNIONS R GOOD GUYS

I see your point, Brit. I would think the article is American since no one else in the world would care about WV teachers.

teachers are retards who will overfill a trashcan instead of pulling the liner out and putting in a new one

You'd be surprised. The BBC has been covering the Florida shooting quite closely. With, of course, its usual lack of nuance.

Yes, white niggers.

Am school janitor can confirm and don't forget about letting the kids keep on throwing trash on top of the bag because it fell in.

Just realized how much WV looks like a happy merchant.

I saw this same thread the other day, a lot of the problems were explained well by some people living there.

But the boards still coming off a shill flood so this one is all "lol fucking rednecks"

95% white.
They're protesting being the lowest paid teachers in the country.

DUDE THE STATE SHOULD MAKE HEALTHCARE FREE! PROBLEM SOLVED!

>Americans not going to school

Whats the big deal? Its not like they learn anything.

lol

>Whats the big deal? Its not like they learn anything.
This is part of the reason that nobody cares that they're protesting. Government employee unions should be illegal

Why are people having kids they cant feed? This America or Africa?

Our CIA insists upon it

I understand there are various accents that drop the H in Historic but they're an incredible minority in American English, so blindly following a rule not understood for the sake of an American news agency is pretentious and wrong.

they learn how to be mindless sheeps in schools, so they will be suddenly enlightened if the american education system falls apart

No need to go that deep. As a mouthpiece for the state the BBC has a vested interest in keeping the British populace terrified of guns.

This is one of the few protests I can get behind for that very reason.

You can teach over a years worth of public schooling in a hand full of months.

75% of it is daycare, busy work, waiting for the slow kids to catch up, and trying to keep the niggers under control.

School has too many niggers? Bump that 75% up to about 95%. Good luck getting through one single class without Tyrone starting a screaming match with the teacher.

>an historic
>not a historical

The strike is actually not about wages but specifically because of how healthcare costs are skyrocketing and they're striking on behalf of all the public employees because police and so on can't safely strike though. Everyone is mad about healthcare costs going up so fat everywhere basically.

Unions in government controlled industries are cancer because the bureaucracy doesn't need to worry about performance, affordability or productivity, since its someone else's money and they lose nothing if people choose private option.
Unions for private industry should be mandatory, because its the only way to get corporations to provide proper OHS and timely wage increases.

>Unions for private industry should be mandatory
This was the argument the mafia used in the US to profit from labor racketeering. Unions are for idiots who work for idiots. If you work hard you can demand a raise. If you're worth the extra money you'll get it

>If you work hard you can demand a raise. If you're worth the extra money you'll get it
Is that why American wages have stagnated across the board for 20 years?

Look at total compensation instead of wages and you'll see that it matches productivity very well. Demanding employers cover healthcare and pensions is why wages are stagnant

Turns out the people who do the raises don't give a fuck if you're talented or hard working becuase Paedro will do it for a buck fifteen an hour.

>constantly demand better wages
>education levels keep dropping
The state of teacher unions is actually making me rage, they do it in Australia too. Bunch of fucking cultural marxists.

This attitude is why ~50% of my work as a building contractor is to fix work that Mexicans have done. I charge extra if I find out they hired anyone unlicensed before. Business model works pretty good because Mexicans are shit at building despite the stereotypes

>Demanding employers cover healthcare
This is the #1 problem with America. It kneecaps a lot of businesses and wages.

It really does trigger me when people go
>muh stagnant wages
because they imply that wages=compensation. I just wish companies had a choice whether to offer it or not. My wife is a nurse so her job's insurance covers both of us. I could work for some big contracting firm but I'd make shit because they have to provide healthcare that I already have. At least it was the push I needed to go into business for myself

Highest paying job I've had so far was under the table shit.

Not paying taxes ain't no fucking joke, no wonder Pedro manages with a buck fifteen an hour.

Shut it down!

An hero yourself.

>pronouncing history as istory

>Someone from the South of England will drop the h and pronounce it "istoric"
Doesn't happen here.

>Work 50% more hours than a regular job
> Get extra vacation in comp
People are too thick to understand this

>Highest paying job I've had so far was under the table shit.
That works good in some places but I got into doing contracts for local hospitals because they have issues finding people with the actual licensing and will pay out the ass for quality workers for liability reasons

This.
White niggers are all over this fucking board.

What did these people ever do to you? If they were actual niggers you'd drop to your knees and pray for their daily gibs