Flip flappers

Please rate this animation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q6v51jfkmC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I had to be objective I would say 8.5/10, but personally it's a 10/10. Love this show.

It's a still picture, user.
You can tell by the .jpg at the end of the filename.

I liked this much more than I expected I would. Also the insert mecha song was 10/10

>Cockona

This animation is very popular in Japan
Please believe me.

Pretty much the exact same for me, fpbp i guess

3/5

9/10

If it didn't try so hard to have a dramatic and convoluted plot in the last third, it would have been a 8.5-9/10. Lovable characters, beautiful settings and animation, great sense of friendship (though occasionally just a touch too yuri), a few truly amazing episodes. If it had just stayed a series of individual fun exciting adventures with a simple climactic ending, I'd have no complaints.

As is, however, more like a 7/10.

7/10
Kind of trailed off at the end but it was still good. Shame it flopped, would have liked to see more of their adventures.

First half 10/10
Second half 6,5/10

Episode 3 and 8 were the best tho.

It started off so well and unique, but it just had to degenerate into typical yurishit and mommy issues.

Also COCONACOCONACOCONACOCONACOCONACOCONACOCONACOCONACOCONACOCONACOCONACOCONA

Paprika is the best veggie

It flip flopped

Loved the mad max episode

When is BD release in the US?

6/10

The episodic adventures revitalized my love of anime and got me back into watching seasonal anime. The whacky animation when they literally went down the hole and back again, the nausicca references, the mad max episode, my personal favorite the one where they enter Art-senpai's memories and feel her feels. It was so good. The design of papika's surf gear in the first few episodes, the different levels of discovering their power, EVERYTHING was perfect.

Then the ending happened and soured me to that anime permanently. Horribly misused characters, drop in animation quality, uninteresting story about crazy mom, didn't actually commit to the yuri. So dissapointing.

If I want an episodic dose of cute girls doing cute things, after what episode should I stop watching?

After 13.

Episode 1.

thanks pham, I will take note of this

Loved it!
Would flip-flapping/10

No, Ange. Your lies are shit and you should feel like shit.

This is a bit sexually suggestive, those girls don't even have breasts yet!

Like a 2/10

Yayaka/10

I love love love YYK!

It looked nice but anime is more than purddy visuals. I dropped it at episode 6 because its nonsense of a plot was beyond boring.

She had the best character arc of the show.

objectivity is a dumb meme, it's 10/10

If you were being objective it would be a 7 at best.

8 or 9 is where shit starts to go south.

Yayaka won in my heart. No writer change can change that.

They probably won't grow breasts since they're Japanese so it's cool.

AOTY 2016/10

Animation was an A+ for me. I wasn't a huge fan of this show when I tried to understand it, but I was a huge fan of the show when I just enjoyed watching it. I can't find anything bad to say about that artistic performance from start to finish beyond my own dumbness. Even the soundtrack was great and enhanced the action wonderfully.

Desert fighting and giant robot fighting were probably my two equal favorite parts, but there was so much good action. A lot of those shots on the hover board I remember being really cool too.

>Animation was an A+

Did you even watch past episode 6

She is a very cute kitty.

There's like no QUALITY to be found, and a ton of sakuga with slower parts with just regular animation in between. What would you deduct points from 100 for?

The later episodes still look better than 90% of what aired that season.

I could swear, calling Flip Flappers a 10/10 if it wasn't for the ending that ruined everything becomes a meme, used by people that haven't even seen the show.

7/10. Good music, good animation, likable characters. Pacing was rather rushed, though, and many characters (like Papika) were quite underdeveloped.

I'd rate it 883

>puffy vulva

i need more

The story turned into shit pretty quickly

youtube.com/watch?v=q6v51jfkmC0
Best part of the show

Did you?

8.66/10, AOTY 2016
Despite last third of the show being a lot weaker than the rest it was still impressive and unique.

>didn't actually commit to the yuri
When will this meme end?

I liked the last arc even though it did have some pacing and execution issues. But the ideas there were all solid and Mimi is a pretty fully realized character (anyone who says otherwise probably does understand the purpose of her in the story, to mirror Cocona's own development, also the amount of visual storytelling with her is quite amazing).

Super objectively I would still honestly say 8 or 9/10, personally 10/10 because it hits all my sweet spots, and I still think everyone should watch it because it has the best visual storytelling I've seen in an anime since forever.

You don't really get anime nowadays that even bother to tell a complete story that doesn't involve massive amounts of long, drawn-out infodumping-through-dialogue, and in a visual medium I find that's one of the worst cancers. Let alone an anime original that truly sets a solid tone throughout and establishes a sense of place with each episode really solidly.

doesn't* understand, that is

Yayaka best girl.

>But the ideas there were all solid and Mimi is a pretty fully realized character
I'm glad to hear that once in a while.

>it has been almost 2 years since flipflappers

>2016 was eight years ago

>Cocona first lost her virginity on screen 10 years ago

Is that what happened here?

No, it was here.