So why was Shinji choking Asuka at the final seen of EoE?

So why was Shinji choking Asuka at the final seen of EoE?

*scene
Please no bully

To feel something.

There are two possibilities
>He was attempting to verify if he was still in instrumentality and if this was ""real"".
or
>Man I'm going to choke that bitch SO HARD

BDSM

Anno's sick fetish.

I like this interpretation.

So my desire to see shinji spank Asuka in the scene where she throws a hissy fit is justified?

Because she deserves it.

It's nothing to feel guilty about. She just shouldn't have been so hot.

Hot headed or just "hot" or both?

Both.

Because Asuka is a bitch and Shinji doesn't like her very much.

Because Shinji was a supreme gentleman.

Pay, then I'll sleep by your side
Things are easy when you're big in Japan

learn critical thinking instead of asking others

Why would you watch this garbage? That's the true question.

I personally believe Shinji just wanted to finish what he started.
He fucked up big time and he probably doesnt want to face the world now that Asuka understands how he is and all the shit he did he probably cant face it.
Asuka and Shinji are really similar yet they take a long time to realize this and only by the end when Asuka acknowledges their "shittyness"can they learn how to help each other move onwards, even if they are both disgusted by themselves.

How I see it is that while Shinji regrets coming back and wants to put an end to having to deal with himself through Asuka, Asuka accepts their flaws and tries to tell Shinji that he will be alright, even if they are "disgusting" beings, but hey, they are only humans.

Because it's the highest selling single season of an anime? Because it's excellent and is the reason why late night anime exists? Because it's an incredibly interesting take on humanity's tendency to not communicate with other humans? Because it has a fantastic soundtrack? Because it had some of the best cinematography in the medium? Because Shinji Ikari is the most realistic main character ever conceived in all of Sup Forums?

Pick one.

Have you heard of the so called Ikari test?
It is a special test developed in the field of social science.

The basic gestalt of the Ikari test is this:
The tester takes a female person into a dark room with no windows and seats her in front of a screen. At that moment in time, the tester's assistant plays neon genesis evangelion on the screen.
The test subject is forced to watch all 26 episodes in a locked room, with no access to food, water, toilet facilities, air circulation or an additional source of light.
After the series, EoE plays automatically.
After the end of the movie, the person is held in the room for an additional 24 hours. Komm susser tod is played on repeat during that entire time, at uncomfortably high volume.
Concluding the experiment, the tester comes into the room, dressed in a white shirt and black slacks, and simulates the act of strangulation on the subject. Simultaneous to this, he asks the subject, will you marry me.
If the person starts squirming and offers resistance, the test is considered a failure.
If the person lays motionless, lowers her gaze to meet the tester, and quietly whispers, "I feel sick.", the test is considered a success.

Even though it uses ethically dubious methods, the test is widely used by the scientific community to determine compatibility with a potential partner.

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure NGE gave me a choking fetish. Was this just all part of Anno's masterplan?

Probably.
And don't get me started. Having a "talk" with the younger Anno would be my number one use for a time machine.

>Because it's excellent and is the reason why late night anime exists?
Alright nergin, relax.

>At the time, following the immense success of Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン Shin Seiki Evangerion), the number of produced anime rapidly increased. Many of those titles came to late night slots

Spurred the production of =/= Literally invented it

My read on it was that Rei appeared there because Shinji does have a way back in if he ever as much as asks for it. He prefers a world with people and he's prepared to spend the rest of his life waiting for them on that beach, and if they don't then he accepts that as his punishment. But not as Asuka's punishment. She didn't do it, she doesn't deserve to endure with no end in sight and only himself for company.

Fair enough.

I don't think so.

Why would Rei tell Shinji that his instrumentality is just a fake then? She wouldn't be telling Shinji to get out of there if she wanted him to stay there.

>asuka doesn't deserve
yeah she does, she's a cunt.

>DUDE, let's make him strangle Asuka in the end
>But why ?
>Because it's edgy and random he he. Don't worry, the autistic mouthbreathers will be talking about that scene for ages, they'll make countless stories about how deep and intelligent it is, just like with Shinji's masturbation scene.

>Drinking coffee stunts your growth
Is that why I'm a manlet? Do I have to give up coffee in order to get out of sub 6' hell?

Eva discussion needs to be banned from this board. Not because it's bad or something, but because this board is just too retarded to discuss it seriously nowadays. It's full of ironic weebs.

the absolute state of intelectually inferior Sup Forumsnons who slurp the average anime of the season like a good boy. Go back to your dbz super / shitty fotm anime / shitposting threads.
Im not this dude btw My take on the whole Rei thing, is that Rei left for good, her giant face being torned apart indicates that no matter what humans will never again be able to escape their own reality and be embraced by a goddess who allows them to have their own world of escapism.
I think Rei is an eternal watcher, she doesnt really "belong" in a certain time or space, she lived physically as a kid who went to school and piloted an EVA but at the same time she is spiritually Humankind's mother and a guardian angel.
I think Rei was just watching Shinji at the end, her purpose or the meaning is really up to your interpretation.

That's stupid. We have daily NGE threads and we will probably have daily NGE threads for all of eternity. They're a mainstay of Sup Forums at this point.

Over analyzing every random scene to the point at which almost every person has his own interpretation of it doesn't make the anime deep and doesn't make you an intellectual if you do it, it only shows how autistic you truly are.
The story in NGE is a clusterfuck of banal ideas presented in a bad way which makes it appear mysterious and gives it the impression of depth.
The only things it has going for it are the edgy tones and depressed characters that aren't even close to being realistic, sometimes being depressed just for the sake of being depressed, because the author was feeling the same way when he made it. Fucking pseudo-intellectuals, I swear.

And both are wrong

But we know what the show is about. It's about humanity's failure to communicate with each other. The entire show is built around that.

Man, you fags really are dumb.
You do know that people with autism have an hard time understanding how others feel right?
just how young/ deep in the spectrum are you?

What I've always thought is he was pissed off that only she survived, because he did everything for Rei and she turned out to be an inhuman abomination. He chooses to leave instrumentality, and finds himself all but alone. No Rei, no Misato, not even Gendo, just this loud bitch who has hounded him over the past couple months.

I'm not saying they hate each other, they probably know everything about each other because of Instrumentality and have found peace, Shinji just hates the fact that she's the only one on the beach.

He was still on trance from the whole instrumentality fuckery, so he couldn't difference one reality from the other, so he thought that the Asuka that appeared next to him was the Asuka that lived in his head, an Asuka that hated Shinji like the rest of the world, but that was only in Shinji's head, so he started strangling her to make "her" "go away" but then Asuka waked up and did something that the Asuka inside Shinji's head would never do, caress Shinji and show him love, this is where both of them finally awake.

Well at least those just analyze the show and not you.

Imagine if total strangers could guess what you're thinking, just on the basis that they've watched the show, paid a minimum of attention to your body language, and decided to put two and three together.

Evangelion and Oreimo should get their own board.

Does anyone here think he actually killed her? I don't, it would be OOC

>sometimes being depressed just for the sake of being depressed
If you know like basic psychology then they give you all the tools you need to understand the characters' actions in the show. Asuka's backstory is shoved down your throat, she's shown to have a mommy complex and to have been neglected as a child. Shinji was also neglected, but his daddy complex plays out over the course of the show. Same shit, manifested in different ways.
Ritsuko is a whore for Gendo but slowly comes to terms with the fact that he's just been using her to bring his wife back, so she goes ballistic and kills all the clones of his wife (the tank full of Reis) and then him. Etc

When I was 14 I thought that he did. Later, I realized he could never hurt her.

Shinji wouldn't kill her, ESPECIALLY after he had basically just mindmelded with her.

Why could only 14 year olds pilot the evas?

Exactly and how is this deep in any way you retarded fucks ? Is this supposed to be an unique and mentally stimulating idea for you ? Is this such a great concept that all of you autists had to act like you're some intellectuals after getting it ? Whoa dude, humans can't communicate properly and hurt each other, lmao.
Go read a philosophy book, you illiterate niggers. I've seen deeper ideas than this expressed in fucking LoGH and that shit is mostly about politics.

Their moms had to be dead. Also, only small people can fit inside of the entry plugs.

Seriously? This is one of the only things actually explained in the show.

Because the souls of the mother need to be in them because sync rates or whatever.

Because it's something a lot of humanity suffers from, and it's told in a clever way with interesting characters? Because it asks whether happiness or individuality is more important? Because it was told with great visuals?

I get they have to be able to sync with their dead moms but why do they have to be 14?

>Because it asks whether happiness or individuality is more important?
The fuck type of meth are you smoking today ? Since when are happiness and individuality mutually exclusive ?

I would assume it's because that way keeping them all in the same class wouldn't raise that much suspicion.

I think they also all have to be born after the 2nd Impact although that might be conjecture.

Did you watch the show? Instrumentality removed people's AT fields, which were the barriers between people. It removed their individuality but made them all truly understand each other, making them happy.

As for an answer pertaining to real life, when someone steps out of line a lot of people dislike them. Whether it's strange sexual desires, or something more minor, like their favorite color, it causes people to think of you differently.

Because he hated her, duh.

you are the fucking worst, Ive read some ''big books" for big biys like yourself but that doesnt mean I have to go around belittling other's peoples views and opinions.
NGE is a masterpiece, its told with great visuals, characters, clever and really well done cinematography, its wonderful and even if there are deeper things, the themes that nge deals with are real and meaningful to many people and it is indeed an interesting and unique show that we can relate to.

Can't explain it, but I get a distinct feeling that the sum of everything would turn out to be zero.
Everything alluring or interesting would get zeroed out by all the mediocrity.

ok this guy is baiting.

Just like mixing all colors results in the absence of color, collectivism is retarded and will never work as humans are individuals and not a hivemind.

>I think they also all have to be born after the 2nd Impact although that might be conjecture.
They say so, then NERV is also looking at the Children's genomes and has printouts laying around with censored sequences. It's conjecture that it's real and not just part of the Marduk pretense for rubes only partway into the pyramid.

I think it's because Shinji truly hated Asuka. Of course, he was nice to her, he thought of her in a sexual way, and he tried to be friends with her, but none of that means he actually likes her. Rather, what I saw from that was that Shinji desperately wanted Asuka to like him, to be kind to him, to reciprocate his kindness, but she never did, and deep down he hated her for that.

We see Asuka from an outside perspective, and because of that we get to see a more complete picture of Asuka then what Shinji sees. We know that she has a huge soft spot for him, and we know that even thought she's often mean to him, she just a big ol' tsundere deep down. Shinji does not know this. Shinji, who already finds it hard to understand people, only sees a girl who constantly bullies him even though he's nice to her. His view of Asuka is the Asuka that appears right before third impact. The one whom he begs to save him. He sees Asuka as a terrible person who belittles him and hurts him, which is true in it's own right.

On the other hand, Asuka is the opposite of Shinji. She likes him but she didn't show it. Instead, she bullied him constantly because that was all she knew how to do, and because she was afraid of liking him so much.

In the end, Shinji just shows his true self at the end of 'The end of Evangelion.' And then, Asuka shows her true self, by gently brushing his cheek.

On the contrary, as marketing and propaganda become more "scientific", it becomes easier to influence people.
We are all ideological subjects raised by anno.

Frustration.

I think that was actually an intended interpretation. The show is very esoteric.

10/10 if not copypasta

It ain't, try googling it.

Sound of Silence.
Most people assume the consequences of the use of their language.
Few see language as a mere intangible tool.

cannon

>making them happy
Actually it didn't, otherwise shinji and asuka wouldn't have returned to their old forms.

Instrumentality is more about taking apart the barriers and assumptions preventing clear communication and the structural formation of a macroscopic organism.
i.e. realising the purpose to be the eyes of the macroscopic organism and increasing the efficiency of communication.

>when someone steps out of line a lot of people dislike them
Also there's a problem of defining the line people are on.
See the song "sound of silence".

I think it summarised their existence in the real world after instrumentality.
Hate creates division, distinction between things and people and therefore - our universe.

Is Shinji the best kafkaesque anime character?

kind of

I thought it was a continuation of the kitchen scene, considering how angle is somewhat similar.
And "how disgusting" goes with "pathetic" and "no", which Asuka said before.

Why is she drawn like a child in some scenes and like an adult in others? Is it just different artists and animators?

Yup.

What happened to sudostef?

good question, his videos were perfect to btfo all the dumb anons.

Because Anno wanted to ripoff Devilman

Is it weird that this show gave me a choking fetish?

"Oh, what's this? Shinji, you dirty boy!"

I think Asuka has it too.
Considering how the only time she managed to show blatant affection towards Shinji was when he tried to crush her windpipe.

I'd want to choke the shit out of a bitch aswell after that shit

"I think I just pooped my pants"