Should I learn Italian or French?

Should I learn Italian or French?

literally why? Spanish would be way more useful

French. There are many countries in the middle east that speak it.

You should learn Arab if you go to France.

French.

Go travel to most any region of the world and find French speakers. Plus, once you know French, you'll be able to understand Italian at 50%, more or less.

Both are interesting languages to learn, especially if you care about literature. Which languages do you speak ?

If your mother tongue is English you already a lot of French words.

But if he's a burger he already knows a lot of italian - like ravioli and pizza.

o fug yea sorry :D

russian

Chinese

Both. Italy and France are still deep inside the safe zone. Alarmism and exaggeration are great for our cause but among us we can be more honest.

French is very easy to learn if you aren't a brainlet and it's spoken much more widely than Italian

Russian.

Italian. French makes me nervous, its like they have something on their mouth when talking...

L'italiano è la lingua de Dante. Io so benne che anche la Francia ha dei buoni poeti, ma Dante è diferente, è il piu grande autore di tutto il mondo dopo la morte di Virgilio. La Europa vive in Dante da un modo che non vive nel Flaubert o persino nel Proust.

Dunque, tu devi imparare l'Italiano.

(Ed anche perche la opera italiana è piu bella di quella francesa - Mozart, per esempio, scrisse bellissime opere italiane).

Depends, why do you want to learn a language?
>because le girls think it's cool (protip: they don't really)
French
>to travel and meet new people
Italian (which makes it very easy to learn Spanish)
>to read literature in its original language
both desu, but mainly Italian
>for fun
both

t. fluent in both (and others, but that's not really relevant to this thread)

Yes. Good reason. With Italian, Spanish becomes quite easy, and, after Spanish, Portuguese is a breeze. But French is the most isolated of romance languages. Once you learn it, you still have to struggle a lot to understand the others. It's the one less related to Latin.

Once an American said I was lying when I told him this because "its all romance anyway", but no: French really is more isolated.

I love this and I'm very Italian

>Italians aren’t whyte

Depends. For travelling, if you speak english and french, you can communicate in a large panel of countries, because of the colonial history. It also gives access to a lot of important litterature. Italian too but a bit less. Both are good choices.

If you are asking the question then you don't have a strong case for either. Try finding a real use before you waste your time doing grammar exercises and trying to pronounce words.

Even the simplest languages require years of immersion to get to fluency, so if you don't have a real reason (work, study, a serious relationship, or something else) then you are better off doing something else.

Neither
Learn Afrikaans and join Boer War III

Italian gives easy acces to Spanish, as well as better music (opera)/literature (France has more great writers, but the few greats of Italy are much superior - Dante, Boccaccio, Petrarch, Leopardi, Machiavelli etc., not to mention the vast number of works which are not great but nonetheless very interesting due to the knowledge they shed on the most fascinating historical period of the West since Rome, such as Vasari's Lives of the Painters, Marco Polo's travels and Galileo's well-written dialogues).

French is better for contemporary culture, though.

Nigs speak french so it shouldn't be difficult.