Wat

Wat

kino

I can't believe Rosemary's Baby ripped off Anno.

Hollywood is creatively bankrupt
Why do you think they're making live action GitS, DN, SAO and other anime stuff?

anno is a fucking plaggiarist

EVA being remade while it's literally akira mixed with some harem isekai aspects. What are you talking about... bankruptcy?

But Eva is good, how can it be Akira?

the remakes are.

Darren Aronofsky has a directional style quite similar to Terrence Malick and Stanley Kubrick. The style of Kubrick was copied by Anno a bit. All these directors pay good attention to directional methods, when they try to compose a scene so it can speak by itself, even without dialogues or sound. So it's normal that Aronofsky and Anno would use similar poetic aesthetics. Which comes from Arthur C.
Clarke and Kubrick anyway.

I know the remakes are good
Which is why I don't understand the comparison

You compared them to LA shit

Just checking, everyone here is aware that Anno got his idea for that scene from something else, right?
Ok good.

I did no such thing
A child can doodle the Mona Lisa, it'll be clear what the inspiration is, but it'll be nowhere near that level

I wouldn't say Aronofsky is anywhere close to Kubrick or Malick. Stylistically at least. Mother is a lot closer to Polanski and Lynch

Everyone knows that Anno used a time machine retard

You're stupid

No, Anno invented seas and people standing and faces. and buildings.

I judged by The Fountain, which has a lot of symbolism. Is Mother good btw?

This, without Anno we'd be less than worms

It's a little too on the nose with its symbolism for me. Very pretty movie, but Jennifer Lawrence is still in it so it brings down the fact that Bardem and Ed Harris are in it, too.

post more animal fights

hahaha

Aronofsky had bought the rights to Perfect Blue in order to get Requiem for a Dream made. Black Swan is basically the same film. He's given speeches on Kon before. This poster being an EoE homage isn't guaranteed but it's possible given his previous work.

>live action SAO
What now?

It's all ogre now

He really is.