Legend of Galactic Heroes Spring 2018

Series 1 will air in Spring 2018 for 12 episodes, and then in 2019 there will be a 3 part theatrical movie release for the 2nd series, which will also amount to another 12 episodes (4 episodes worth of content per screening).

youtube.com/watch?v=lXEm5aaWHgI

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-20/new-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-anime-reveals-cast-staff-promo-video-dates-titles/.121619
streamable.com/2f4zd
gineiden-anime.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=-MTWgLp6ERY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>CG is acceptable and better than Gundam Origin or Yamato 2199
>character designs are OK
Looks a lot better than I was expecting it to in all honesty.

It's still gonna feel weird to watch though, especially with different voices. Not sure how they plan capture the scale of the original with that few episodes though, at most they can cover one of the arcs.

Also this really just emphasizes how annoying the new way anime shows are aired is, first you get half of it and then instead of at least just skipping one season and then airing second part after that they now wait a whole year and do it with movies instead, meaning most of us who don't live in Japan likely won't see the end of it until sometime in 2020.

holy fukkkkk

>Gundam Origin or Yamato 2199
It's weird, but the weightlessness of ships and mecha in Origin really pissed me off, especially when compared to Unicorn.

But in 2199, the weighlessness worked. The battle scenes came together really well and the music was great.

>character designs are OK
Is there something wrong with your eyes? Kircheis was butchered beyond recognition.

I'm more annoyed that Reinhard isn't all that bishie.

Have you seen the manga designs? That's what I was expecting, or god forbid something like what happened to Captain Tylor.

Yes they're not as good, but they are OK.

Anyway, it's not like we'll need to see much of Kircheis to care what he looks like.

The new voices will take getting used to, but they sounded pretty fitting there. Yang's voice will forever be the original, it'll be impossible for anyone to surpass that.

some of those ships look pretty terrible.
:(

That just sounds like it will be so truncated

I really, really want this to be semi-mainstream and kinda shitty. LotGH fags getting btfo would be so sweet.

Pretty sad that what you really enjoy is to watch others be unhappy dont you think?

Regardlesss don't think you will get what you want as I doubt anyone is expecting much from it. It will be a pleasant suprise if it turns out to good but It's not like anyone is expecting it to be, not to mention there really wasn't a need for a remake.

>CG is acceptable and better than Gundam Origin or Yamato 2199
Yamato's stylized CGI looks much better than this. Also, these ships exploding without moving an inch are fake as fuck.

Character design is plain and generic. CGI ships look acceptable bu the designs lack the practicality of the original. Also, the imperial fleet seems to have forgotten how to do 3D formations.

Yang's voice was just perfect for the character.

I like the voices, this could be decent.

Formations were also retarded in the old series.

Fine at Origin but 2199 smokes this. 2199 used hand drawing in conjunction with the CGI.

What exactly is this thing supposed to be?

The old empire ship designs are much better.

Ships look like dubstep speakers with too much going on, otherwise everything looks okay. Also STOP WITH THE MOVIES NIPPON SAGJKHRPOAIHFS

The combat is napoleonic warfare.

It makes complete sense.

But its obviously not realistic.

Retractable bridge. I vehemently disagree with this kind of retractable bridge on FPA ships. The whole point of FPA box ship design is its efficient to produce on a massive scale. Retractable transformable crap like this doesn't belong in a mass production model.

Flaccid mechanical penis

At least it's only going to be 24 episodes. Are they going to kill Kircheis in the first episode?

>Speakers
Yes, that's exactly what they remind me of. And it's so weird.

I somehow doubt that, the original adaptation used view-screens and I think this version will do the same.

My best guess is that the retractable thing is a communications array of some sort.

It's just really weird. Why have a retractable bridge in the first place?

all male characters
looks gay

The fuck is this? Kuroko no Basket characters wearing military uniforms?

Why do their faces and hair styles look so terribly generic?

Modern anime is terrible.

Pretty much my only major complaint so far is this. Weird ship design I can live with but these designs feel flat. I mean, in the original series Yang didn't look Asian but he didn't look like Reinhardo-sama with a dark wig.

They should've gotten whoever did the character designs for 3Gatsu no Lion or Fune wo Amu to do this. Something like that would've been great.

The ship designs will grow on you. In side profile they're identical to the original OVAs. It's only from the front that they look odd.

Hopefully all of the characters die in the first few episodes, and are replaced by a quirky cast of Imperial high schoolers who want to win their regional basketball tourney, in space.

Just look at the staffs, it's almost everyone who worked in Kurobasu.
I wonder whose big idea was this to let this team handle the production?
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-20/new-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-anime-reveals-cast-staff-promo-video-dates-titles/.121619

The accountant who processed homoball's profits.

Jesus, I fucking knew it. Goddamn nips. At the very least, I hope the new anime can cover some parts of the novel that were skipped or were neglected so there'll be some value in watching it.

Production IG has lost everything that ever made them a respectable studio.

>shit were're in the red lieutenant Yang!
>Yang: I got this shit senpai
>activate tactical ZONE!
just fuck my shit up

Well looks like fucking trash.

Fuck modern anime.

It's just good business.

>Katsura TSUSHIMA
>Iwao TERAOKA
so these are the monster that killed logh.

Pretty much this. I guess I was just expecting it to be totally terrible, but it seems like it could be solid. The character designs certainly an't as good as the original, but I can live with it.

...really. Have you net seen Gundam? Or seen the 3rd Bridge in Yamato.

>have bridge up to increased parallax for better passive EM range finding
>retract bridge for smaller silhouette once the shooting starts
on a related note
FUCKING NO BLUE BEAMS FUCK

Why'd you change it, user?

How has 2ch been handling this?

gas the fujos

they hate it, twitter nips hates the design the most, but nonchalant about the rest.

ITS GOLDEN WINGS ALL OVER AGAIN
FUCKING FUJOSHITS

Why not just have giant ESM mast, you know; like the giant masts all the FPA ships had.

Also the idea that a captain would be on the bridge at all during combat is pretty dumb due to said vulnerability. It's made pretty clear that all of the bridges in the original series were well inside the ships and used giant TV screens to replicate the bridge windows.

They look similiar in this one

Should I watch the original before watching this?

>Reinhard sounds different
>Yang has been shifted up an octave
>Kircheis looks like a travesty but sounds perfect
Why?

How do you compress a 110 episode series into 24 episodes?

In case you're serious, definitely watch the original, whether this will be worth afterwards or not remains to be seen.

It is not

You don't.

Poorly

You dont. You just try buy cutting content. Not much to cut in the series so I have low expectations for this.

It's not a direct adaptation from the oavs, but from the novels.

It'll end right when Kircheis dies.

That's not what they're doing.

Was a serious question, glad I got a serious answer. Not a short series, but from what I have read it seems to be worth it.

Here's subs if anyone wants them streamable.com/2f4zd

They're only adapting part of what the OVA covered. I assume the idea is that if it does well, they'll make more of it.

It may do well with the fujoshits but everyone else will ridicule it.

Looks better than ever before. We had the Classic Masterpiece, now lets hope for a Modern One. Frankly I'm hyped just because of the graphics. That scene where the ship is over that small village and moving was impressive. Where the first one was an in depth story with amazing characters. This one will be intense action with wonderful art. Hopefully they don't skimp on a good story, but it could happen.

It's a great show. It's not like the remake CAN'T be good, but it has only given us bad signs so far.

Even if it turns out ok though it will be short and cover little of the story, so the original remains very relevant.

>graphics
Almost got me. 4/10 for getting a reply.

This is what people said about Tytania and look how that turned out. You get half a scene of good graphics and then the corner cutting and terrible CGI kicks in.

Link to threads? The ones I found they were mostly just talking about how they couldn't get used to the new VAs.

>no cute girls
>doing any well with the male audience
This isn't the west.

Holy shit they butchered characters beyond recognition.
I couldn't tell who was who.
In the books it is stated that Reinhardt has the face of a roman god.
His attractiveness was supposed to stand out, now everyone looks like a pretty boy with the same facial structure.
I would never recognize Yang if I didn't knew what the video was.
Also spaceships look "futuristic" and more generic.

Holy kek.

>not yellow text with a black stroke
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>This one will be intense action with wonderful art
>wonderful art
>wonderful
>art
Are you blind?

Mori, is that you?

This will be the worst part of the new adaptation.
I'd rather it be all J-pop and animated on paint.

gineiden-anime.com/

Don't forget to add the website link!

youtube.com/watch?v=-MTWgLp6ERY

tried to improve it at least a little bit

For the people here using mpv, here's an option to force the new LoGH's subs to look like the only acceptable way:
sub-ass-force-style=Fontname=Arial,Fontsize=29,PrimaryColour=&H0000FFFF,OutlineColour=&H00000008

The best part is not having to hear the new voices

Joking aside though, I really dislike the generic "epic battle" music in the trailer, I hope they're not giving up the classical songs

I actually think the music was the best part of the PV. It felt bombastic and there were even strings involved. If the new adaptation also use classical music then it will simply be a copy and be completly worthless, it's better to create new music that fit the space oprea feel.

This actually improves it a lot for me.

If only those bland designs weren't so bland, then it would be really good.

I felt excitement until I saw Kircheis.

>I hope they're not giving up the classical songs
Better prepare yourself user, there's very little chance they're going to keep classical music for the soundtrack.

I agree with this. This is a MODERN take on a Classical Masterpiece. Hopefully the newfags will finally develop taste off of this. Otherwise we burn the studio to the ground.

>tried to improve it at least a little bit
Understatement.

new Yang looks super bland

You can't judge what you don't know, if they put enough effort into this, it will turn out great. Sure this season was total garbage, but this is Spring in 2018. Things should be better by then. Not to mention how long they have been working on this series. I mean, wasn't this announced as far back as 2011 or 2012? Or at least teased? Surely with as much time as it takes to develop a game, this will be at the very LEAST a quality show.

It's okay to be skeptical, you guys are a bunch of hopeless cucks though. It's pathetic.

There are plenty of things that have had billions of years in development and still turned out to be shit. You could just as easily argue that all this time is a sign of production troubles, and not a sign of dedication. Your speculation is as blind as ours, so get off that high horse.

In all fairness, you can't expect an anime soundtrack to be able to compete with one of the greatest classical symphonies of all time.

I'm not on a high horse, I just refuse to wade through sewers to find a light you can reach in the streets.

The Brunhilde, really all the Imperial ships we see, are lumpy and odd.

Not great.

>ships get hit without moving
>old series had ships taking hits like real objects that experienced transfer of momentum

Eeeeehhhhhhhh