A movie I've found myself coming back to over the years. The atmosphere in particular strikes me every time...

A movie I've found myself coming back to over the years. The atmosphere in particular strikes me every time. Do you have other examples of - if nothing else - beautiful and timeless aesthetics?

Some stills in no particular order

>chinese fingerpaintings
>beautiful and timeless aesthetics
top kek

Hats off to the finger painters then. Thanks for your contribution.

Yes we all know what GITS looks like

this has got to be bait

Still, it doesn't hurt to take a moment to appreciate it. Perhaps you could point me in the direction of something that looks equally good?

Not at all. Sup Forums doesn't seem to care for anime so I wanted to get some feedback here instead.

I'm sorry user, no one on Sup Forums will take you seriously because your post can be taken as a request thread and no one in neo-Sup Forums has seen GITS. Being a crossboarder doesn't help either.

nobody cares about your 20 years out of date taste in anime, chris stuckman

>neo-Sup Forums
You need to go back.

>request
I was reaching for some kind on discussion based purely on visual/audible aspects in anime, but I can see how you could interpret is as such.
So then what are the kids watching these days ? The glossy look that newer productions often tend to have can be off-putting to me. Maybe my taste is shit and out of date, but you can't deny that there's a certain charm to pre-2000 made anime that is lacking in more recent productions.

Plenty of movies look as good as GITS or even better, just search on MAL and pick anything you find interesting.

Digital came and ruined everything. I suggest you lurk until the next Pre-2000s anime thread gets around, you're bound to find something you like.

Thanks user, finally a helpful answer. This is from Vampire Hunter D I take it? The one from '85 or 2000?
I suppose I will, but I'm out traveling and would appreciate something to bring along on tonights flights.

2000, the older movie is cheap looking, wouldn't recommend if you want good art/animation

Thanks man, I'll give it a go. Incidentally, would you happen to know of any particular anime with great sound track/audio?

People always bring up the philosophical side of GITS, especially on this board where everything is "muh 2deep" but it really spoke to me on a spiritual level. It's a theme itself in the film and I totally found myself in Batou's boots, observing something otherworldly. It's crazy how well this side of the film came across and I'm sad Oshii seems to only direct really crappy live action movies nowadays.

Koe no Katachi

Use the catalog. There's already a thread for that. Also lurk more.

Have you seen Gosenzosama Banbanzai? I think it's my favourite Oshii, underappreciated.

>streaming
Fuck off

>tfw Shirow will never work on a proper GITS or Dominion tank Ploice again
The fat fuck only drawn oiled girl being fucked by horses or niggers