Sword Art Online

What content would you add or cut from SAO to make it good?

I've always wondered if adding an early episode outside of the game would've been interesting. Maybe halfway through the arc as a break.
Something like showing the chaos of the first 24 hours, switching between the perspectives of Sugu, Kikuoka Seijirou with the police, and maybe a bit of the woman who's hiding and taking care of Akihiko Kayaba's body.
The investigators could be searching for Kayaba, and maybe experiment/try and fail to remove someone's Nerve Gear in a safe way.
And we could see Sugu learn about the event and help get Kirito's body to the hospital.
The hospital would be hectic with so many players arriving, getting put in rows.
Sugu might see an angry parent say 'fuck it' and rips off the nerve gear of their kid, making the heart monitor flat-line.
Show the fear in Sugu's eyes as she comes to terms with what's happening.
Just something to make the situation seem more real and scary.

inb4 just cut all of it

Just replace it with the abridged version.

More Sugu x Kirito doing cute things

Make it about Klein, Kitty Toe can stay around and keep doing everything he does as normal but the focus is on Klein and Furin Kanzan

Yui's character and arc should be removed entirely. Also the fairy arc.

Get the progressive manga. Smug faces and tities

>Kirito is now an even edgier edgy autist because of all of the time he's spent playing video games
>he doesn't have any super powers or special abilities, but he's incredibly genre savvy
>The darker theme of the show is maintained,
>Onahole loli or whatever the fuck she was was turns out to be a malicious entity which tricks players into being complacent
>Kirito doesn't have a harem and mostly ignores women. Asuna is the only girl with any substantial screentime. Black Blacksmith is Kirito's best friend
>After a long time spent in the game Kirito begins to wonder if the "real world" ever existed to begin with
>Has a crisis when he realizes he forgot the name of his sister for a moment
>Show ends right before he goes back into the real world, leaving it up to interpretation if it was ever real or if he was just a computer program

fpbp

Remove Kirito and the autistic antagonists.

add nothing and cut everything
and still would be better than twilight

Does Progressive really help the plot? Didnt it retcon a bunch of shit?

Get rid of the whole thing. Burn it

Switch to the video game continuity and keep Sachi alive.

Make a reboot adopt progressive and easily became the master piece of its genre.

Progressive is what SAO should have been from the start, the actual story of SAO without the stupid time skip shit and not completely focused on Kirito being a Gary Stu.
The manga is especially good because you get Himura Kiseki as the artist which adds a whole lot more smug and personality to the characters on top of Tawawa art.

>Himura Kiseki
Picked the fuck up.

douchebagchocolat's opinion is the correct opinion: cut everything after episode 14, just end the anime there.

One more user sees the light. I just hope eventually at least half of the "SAO sucks" crowd will come around too.

>tumblr
>Sachi
How about you kill yourself and join her?

>douchebagchocolat's
Literally who

make it a more cute sol

As someone who hated SAO with a passion; Progressive's actually decent. Not good but still better than what it was before.

sounds interesting

everything from the asspulled shit end of the first arc to the very end
the franchise turned to shit from that point

Why do you hate SAO with a passion?

Exactly what progressive is doing, more of each floor, more of what the side characters and general population are doing during the nearly 3 years they lived in SAO and had started to establish lives, actually build up the relationship between Asuna and Kirito, show us why they care about each other enough to get married and then continue it outside the game. The only thing I would add would be show what's happening in the outside world at least in the beginning, things like how is Asuna's mother reacting and what's going on with Kayaba's nurse.

Also make Asuna even smugger

It's a floor by floor rebuild that's actually good. It's biggest problem is that it's release schedule is slow as fuck and if they end up doing every floor like Reki wants I don't see it ever being finished.

actual release date for s3 never

>add

Not exactly adding anything new, but retaining the murder mystery part's original ending. Come on, it wouldn't have taken that long.

I just wished they hadn't time skipped so much and then moved on to Alfheim online. It lost most of its appeal when it became Kirito just playing a game rather than the life and death situation that was Aincrad that had the opportunity for actually emotional moments like Sachi

It's been a while since I watched it, I'd probably be a lot more harsh on it now, but I'd mainly just cut the second arc out of the story completely. Cut the second arc, then have Kirito and Asuna's hospital beds bump into each other when they are being moved in the so they can meet.

Whoever wrote that second arc is a fucking weirdo.
>lets have some guy hold this girl's conscious hostage in a computer server, and he'll marry her comatose body

>life and death situation
It would have been much better if there had been more time spent on building up kirito and asuna's relationship rather than just having them suddenly married and then adopting a kid, after all it was technically still a life and death situation, asuna was still trapped and sugou was just going to marry her for the money then rape and probably kill her off. Same with GGO, at the beginning it's presented to you as a life and death situation but there's just a lack of real build up for the stakes because they rushed to get to the action so much.

>Spend the entire first arc building up the relation ship between the two leads, end up getting married and adopting a kid
>Second arc has MC's cousin or whatever wanting to stuffed with his canolli and it is fucking creepy
>MC isn't in the game 24/7 again trying to rescue his virtual wife urgently so she doesn't get raped, instead just goes out places normally and shit with no sense of urgency

>fucking creepy
I want normalfags to leave

>kirito is no longer an edgelord OP faggot
>joins a guild and works his way up by working hard and playing the political game intelligently
>kill off asuna to remind people that this is a death game
>more focus on the trauma of thousands of people being trapped in a virtual hell while their bodies are on life support
>people dying in game after succumbing to diseases in the real world, instilling a sense of urgency
>change the themes of the show to be about humanity and how people behave when they feel trapped, and have other themes of people putting aside their selfishness when they feel as if they can be a part of something
>none of this "lol i was the bad guy all along" faggot shit

basically the best way to fix SAO is to make it into a completely different show

Was kirito ever really an edgelord? He was OP but aside from the whole loner not joining a guild thing which was somewhat justified due to ptsd of saki dying he seemed to be a sociable well liked person.

I just watched the movie why the fuck don't they just take the augus off so their brain doesn't get fried?

Are there any decent rips of it out yet? I was kind of waiting for the BDs to come out

>Whoever wrote that second arc is a fucking weirdo.

The guy that wrote the second arc is the same guy that wrote all the other arcs. The problem isn't him, it's that Japan hasn't quite discredited the whole "girl being pressured/forced into marrying the villain" cliche yet. That's actually one of the less ridiculous implementations I've seen.

Pull a brotherhood and animate progressive

Make all the other episodes like the first few. It turned into a harem anime it could have been so cool...

>animate progressive
Nowhere near enough material and probably won't be forever at the rate it's moving pretty sure they're just now at the 7th or 8th floor

>7th or 8th
Try 5th floor.

>Try 5th floor.
Aren't raws past 5th now?

make 2 more seasons filling time gaps

ezmoney

>one chance at life
>no horny big tiddied imouto gf
Things that make you cry at night, every night.

>ezmoney
From the fact they're waiting so long to do S3 they apparently hate money

Don't cut anything. Every bit is a masterpiece. In fact you should add more of it instead.

- Animate the Gloppening.
- Remove the rest.

Sounds shadow the hedgehog tier edgy?

First part should have been twice as long. The time skips ruined it. Should have shown MC no longer hiding his power level because it was getting people killed. Introduce villain before he's a powerful guild master as a friendly source of wisdom and support during earlier boss fights

Fuck man, I need to knock this up.

SAO still sucks but Progressive is great. Kirito and Asuna actually have a personality and are fun to watch in this reboot