What did Sup Forums think of Wolf's Rain?

What did Sup Forums think of Wolf's Rain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w02w6R6PDHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Liked it when I was much younger; haven't touched it in years.

Underrated, it had a great atmosphere, absolutely god tier OST, nice animation, and gave a large cast thorough development and solid character arcs. I didn't like every bit of the plot, some aspects felt tonally out of place (the villains felt too villainous, if that makes any sense- cartoonish designs etc, and the magic got convoluted and silly at some points) but the main cast and settings were engaging and got me really emotional.

>the villains felt too villainous
This. What was Darcia's problem in the end?

Barely remember anything out of it other than that nice ED and sober atmosphere.

Bet if I were to rewatch it today it would be like seeing it for the first time.

Those last few episodes are depressing as fuck

I dropped it when they made 4 or 5 recap episodes in row. There are things that shouldn't be forgiven no matter what, and this is one of them.

somber you mean somber you invalid.

2000s AMV: the anime.
It starts slow but the second half is pretty great.

Just skip them like everyone else?

That makes zero sense. You literally don't need to watch them, they don't have any impact on the series or your experience unless you choose to sit through episodes you know you don't need to watch. Production issues happen, and those episodes saved the quality of the rest of the series.

;_;

100% fantastic atmosphere, great animation, great OST.

Story and characters were a bit muddled though, at least in comparison, but still a great show overall IMO.

> What was Darcia's problem in the end

He was literally being driven insane by poison/his curse?

STRAYA STRAYA

a 7/10 wasted potential show with fantastic production values. sasuga bones

> they killed my waifu for laifu
)-:

It's not like she was singled out m8

>2000s AMV: the anime
Holy shit this. It was basically every autistic edgy teen's wet dream at the time.
I need to go back and rewatch it.

I watched it on tv, not on some home player, I had no mean to know those are recap episodes when I started to watch them, so seeing same old shit day after day was frustrating.

I remember the "illusion"/"transformation" business not making logical sense and blowing my suspension of disbelief out of the water.
>Black dude is carrying a box of stuff and hurrying along an elevated catwalk or pipe.
>Young guy behind him slips and starts to fall.
>Immediately drops the box and turns to grab the kid.
>Suddenly black dude's arm is a wolf's mouth.
>Kid is so shocked he falls.

But how was he carrying the box in the first place?

Why don't we get original shows like this anymore?

I thought he grabbed him with his mouth because that was stronger than his arms?

Like what?

Shows like this got made more often in the early 00s because "we want the Eva/Bebop audience"

The modern equivalent is the grimdark magical girl shows following meguca

>poison/his curse
And the loss of his waifu

I honestly thought she was gonna fall for Darcia back when I watched the show.

What was the point of killing absolutely everyone?

suffering

Really though, I guess they had to die to unlock paradise or some shit like that, who knows, the plot's pretty weak on that front.

best doge

Loved it. I wish I could see it for the first time again.

boring fujoshit you struggled not to sleep through on adult swim 10 years ago when you were waiting for FLCL or Big O

It also cemented Yoko Ono as one of the most overrated hacks in anime. Every rock/pop thing she does sounds like discount Sting

Still hate the way she died

>Yoko Ono

darcia wolf was legit terrifying

>overrated hacks
Not with masterpieces like this on the OST

youtube.com/watch?v=w02w6R6PDHk

I like it. Interesting story and characters.

I was very hyped after the first episode, I thought this would end up being one of the all time great anime. Then it got progressively weaker. I didn't even finish it, dropped it somewhere along the way.

>OST
>tfw the background songs I really liked are unreleased
Fuck me.

Which background tracks? Can you remember which episodes they played in?

I can't remember exactly anymore. Some Gabriela Robin stuff. A clean female cover of Heaven's Not Enough. Shit like that.

>RAKUEN
>RAKUEN
>RAKUEN
>RAKUEN
>RAKUEN
>RAKUEN

Loyal to his waifu.
Darcia did nothing wrong
except non banging the evil twin

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

I'm here standing on the edge

Pretty much

They got hit by an earthquake what were they supposed to do ? You can just ignore them.

the fact that the animators thought animating wolves was too difficult saved it from becoming furshit.