I just finished Flip Flappers, one thing is bothering me

I just finished Flip Flappers, one thing is bothering me
At the end of episode 1 when Papika and Cocona seemingly gets capture, only tot be completely fine at the start of episode 2, this was never explained. I guess either Papika somehow saved themselves from them, as seen by her minor injuries, or Mimi somehow saved them? I know someone here said there are bits of hints as to what happened then, but am I correct thinking that either Papika or Mimi saved Cocona at that time?
Also the ending was that bad as I thought, from the comments most of you said here. It felt rushed and there are unanswered questions, but it wasn't awful final arc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oHrAnzMMxVc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>and there are unanswered questions
No, there are barely any questions left.
>At the end of episode 1
The only thing we don't anything of is what they did to Papika, if they did anything to her at all. Since they tracked her, there was no reason for that. The same with Cocona, they just brought her back to her home, since they needed her to find the shards.

>Cockona

I've tried to watch this twice, I can't get past episode 6 because it bored me to tears. Why did Sup Forums have a boner for this show?

Lots of stuff happens right at the end of episodes that isn't referenced in the next one. I started just seeing them as little thematic indicators of where the plot might go, ideas the writers were playing with, etc.

the real problem with this show is when is started thinking it's a plot

don't you think it's more likely that the writers changed their mind about her being kidnapped than her being kidnapped for no reason and it never being referenced again?

No.

>don't you think it's more likely that the writers changed their mind

Most things are left unsaid, but heavily implied.
Was Salt really the father?
How did Papika turn young again? It just happened.
The twins and that young blue haired loli. Speaking of the blue haired loli and their whole story
Is Cocona gay?

Also we don't know too much about Pure Ilusion. Then again I only watched it once.
I'm still confused with the whole connected to reality thing, like the artist senpai and how the events in Pure Illusion affected her current life.

>Was Salt really the father?
It's so heavily implied, below average intelligence can realize that.
>How did Papika turn young again?
This is one of the legitimate questions and the only answer is PI-shenanigans. One can specualte that Mimi turned her young to be a friend for Cocona. Coconas comment made it sound like Papikas aging was all over the place, so maybe Papika stopped aging because Cocona approached her. The better question is how Papika got out of this.
>Speaking of the blue haired loli and their whole story
Thomasson art.
>Also we don't know too much about Pure Ilusion
It's probably for the better. Any overly scientific explanation might just ruin it.

The colorful and unique artstyle and lovely animation.
That and Papika is cute and a really cool name.

What a terrible father. He should have at least looked out for her or something, knowing that she shouldn't have a "grandmother."

>What a terrible father
I think he admitted that.
>He should have at least looked out for her or something
Maybe that's easier said than done. His little Flip Flapper company had not the men/robot power of Asclepius.

Cocona and Papika are my girlfriends.

Go away Yayaka.

Flip flappers is very popular in Japan
Please believe me.

Does it have any merchandises?
I want a Cocona figure.

No.

I don't think Yayaka thinks of Papika in a positive light.

Just going to say that the OP and ED were OP/ED of the year.

truth
Asking for a translation

What is this from?

This magazine's interview article

Sex with Cocona's cocos.

Sex with Cocona's cockona.

Sex with Papika's papis.

I missed the concept where their bodies adapt to each respective worlds, like the episode 2 rabbit world. Every other world they were just "themselves" except for the art senpai's past I guess.

That's not okay.

>Every other world they were just "themselves"
You mean the body, right? Because they sure were influenced by the PIs in other episodes.

it's the same two or three fags going on and on

Yes, actually I meant the physical appearances. That was a neat concept that I wished they used more of.

Short haired Papika was pretty cute.

are you guys low iq?
the whole point of her being kidnapped and then mind erased was to show that the organisation has been in control of her whole life this entire time

fuck this is why the show is really 24 episodes long with the 2nd cour being the second viewing. It's not a meme.
Watch it again you low iq plebs.

It seems like Cocona and Papika met when Cocona was very young.
Why does she not remember her from then?
It does feel like some plot points were changed midway through production.

>mind erased
When was this implied? Are you saying it's something like memory loss?

>are you guys low iq?
>mind erased

>Why does she not remember her from then?
Because it was in a dream. You dream all the time, but only remember a little of it.

>alternate timeline where show is cancelled before last few episodes
>becomes cult classic, worshipped on Sup Forums

>>becomes cult classic
It already is, no shitposting about the ending will change that.

Why did you guys not like the ending?
Was it Mimi and her muh daughter shit?

Sup Forums doesn't like plot, no matter what. If Sup Forums would make every anime, every episode would be SoL cgdct where nothing happens.

That's not great either.
The most ideal would seemingly episodic shows while plot flows in the background

>cult classic
>when it's going to be forgotten by the end of this year

I don't think FLFL will be forgotten that easily.

>The most ideal would seemingly episodic shows while plot flows in the background
FliFla tried that, even as a really hard fan I would say it didn't succeed in that regard. People would probably complain less about Mimi crashing down with her plot if, for instance, the dream sequence on the boat would show a little more with every episodes, thus giving this mystery more presence. Maybe dropping the name Mimi earlier, but from the structure of the show it makes sense to make the name appear first in the middle.

They said something similar as the show ended.

Yeah, that was more foreshadowing than a "plot happening in the backdrop"

The transformation scenes were very sexy.

That creepy school episode was well made.

It was a let down, but the OP/ED were good at least.

It's more like nips are frequently bad writers.

That many different faces of Papika episode was just weird desu.

That reminds me, Papika randomly calling Cocona Mimi wasn't fully explained right? Was it some memory failure or something?

Likely. When Papika regained full access to the memories of a past self, she distinguished between them and recognized that Papika is a different person, not Papikana. But before that she suffered from an overlapp of conflicting memories. It probably didn't help that they looked so much alike.

Art sempai was so cute.

>youtu.be/oHrAnzMMxVc

>Papicunt

I like to imagine that the orchestra had a lot of fun performing this song.

Would Cocona be on top or bottom?

Papi is a power bottom.

stop

I still like that trackign device theory but it still makes sence without it.
It's a nice and subtle way to forshadow that the KKK are in control of Cocona and at this point it made sence for them to just steal the shard after Cocona and Papika found it since it only becomes clear later that they loose in direct combat against Yayaka and the twins.
It's a bit weird that they don't talk about it but there wasn't a lot they could say anyway, Cocona was probably stillconfused by the whole situation and Papika didn't care after she saw that nothing happened to Cocona.

No.

There was a good amount of plot to figure out during the early episodes that made later reveals almost too obvious, especially the bit about Papika gowing up in a testing facility.

I actualy think this kind of storytelling was one of the shows strong points, but the last episodes made them seem useless by just shoving the plot in your face without any subtlety.

Also Mimis name was known before the show even started, every synopsis talked about the "Shards of Mimi", even thoughit takes a while until they use it in the show.

And then we speculated that Nyu would be the final boss.

Maybe she actually is.
The Amorphus children are still the only characters undefeated in combat.