Re: Creators

>horrible pacing
>failure to progress the majority of it's characters across 24 episodes whatsoever
>characters that did receive backstory did so very thinly and not nearly enough for a show trying to be so heavily hinged on it's cast
>lack of action throughout, everything was in a horrible static sludge until things lurched forward because the plot needed it to on the spot – Elimination Chamber episodes are a perfect example for this: almost absolutely nothing happened aside from some trivial dialogie, then they jumped right into the endgame
>lack of empathy for main characters as the ones on the villainous side stole most of the worthwhile development
>constant infodumping because the writers are too lazy to come up with an intelligent, interesting way to deliver information, would have been acceptable were the dialogue engaging
>dialogue was not engaging, spoonfeeding-tier
>glorious soundtrack horribly misused
>squandered the action-packed climactic episodes with, yet again, too much senseless dialogue when they should've been ramming the budget into some enrapturing fight scenes and putting that great animation to use
>too use animating Magane's mouth moving
>fell into the pitfall of "make a villain too strong, must rely on cheesy, unsatisfying means to defeat him/her"
>actually found a satisfying means to defeat Altair
>made it fail
>went with the worst ending possible

Unironically I think this has to be, from a purely objective standpoint, one of the worst written shows of all time.
They did absolutely nothing right.
Thoughts on this garbage, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/this-week-in-anime/2017-09-19/.121526
akiba-souken.com/article/31417/?page=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just wish Altair's design was used for a better show.

Altair was one of it's only compelling facets due to her excellent VA work and design.
Her, Alice, Mamika and maybe Magane didn't deserve this show.

It's all opinions, mate. The ending was very good.

My wife, Altair.

It was ok, Magane made it better

Who cares Altair is cute and she got her girl back

What seems to be even weirder is that ANN seems to love this show a lot. They even wrote an article praising it just the other day. Anyone have any idea why they like it so much?

it's on par with A;Z in terms of wasted potential

Magane for president

It's a good show.

I want to fuck Rui in the ass

>24 episodes

If you want to know why they like it, read their shit

Magane was unironically the most entertaining character in every episode she appeared in, and she deserves a spin off about her in-universe series.

Magane can suck my dick. Alice needs a spin-off first.

>why is news outlet shilling for thing that is hyped

mb, meant 22. 21 if you count the filler episode that did more for the characters than any of the actual episodes.

Absolutely patrician

She was shit and could have been left out of the show without it impacting anything at all.

That's plain wrong. She spurred a lot of Soda's growth and gave him the shark powers necessary to perform the miracle that won the series.

>why is news outlet shilling for thing that is hyped
Precisely. Why are they hyping and shilling it so much when pretty much everyone else hates it?

>filler episode that did more for the characters than any of the actual episodes.
We all know that aint true boy. The fault lies with the fact that there's 7 hours of content for 12+9 characters. They all grew and changed adequately but none had the MC boost

You just don't get it, user. This show is a modern classic.

1 point above A;Z.

>Magane can suck my dick.

Um, you sure? I mean, its your dick, but that would be like sticking it into a blender.

What would have been the driving force behind Souta divulging his connection with Altair then?

People like it

That's the reason. It's hyped, so they shill it. Anime/Vidya reviews aren't about putting forth formed opinions. They're about shilling what is popular.
Why do you think the one guy to give BoTW below a 9 got a bandwagon of death threats?

It is, though. That singular episode shaded their histories in ways that the show never even bothered to.
They all got SOME meager development as the show went on, particularly towards the end, but even that was scraps, and mostly pointless, anyway, as they were far beyond the point at which those fundamentals should have already been established.
As just one episode, the filler got more done than any other one episode, and arguably more than all the ones before it, as far as characterization goes.

Soda could have done the finale himself. It would have given him more personal growth rather than cheating to reach the same level he wishes he could be on with Setsuna.

t. pseudo-intellectual who expected shonenshit from a deconstruction of the anime industry

Souta not being a complete bitch and doing that after he got Mamika killed.

That kind of undermines the point that she was some prodigal artist he couldn't touch and needed everyone's help to get there, though.

I definitely did not expect shonenshit. And the only thing Creators deconstructed was my attention span.

>pseudo-intellectual
Are there any real intellectuals on Sup Forums and how can we tell the difference?

Except Souta literally wasn't capable of that.

dem infinity quads

There are none. Intellectuals would not waste their time on Sup Forums. You are in the company of fools.

>Anime/Vidya reviews aren't about putting forth formed opinions. They're about shilling what is popular.
Doesn't seem to always be the case. Space Dandy was hyped, praised, and shilled by ANN, but everyone knows it flopped hard both in Japan and the West. Anime reviewers also seem to like praising shows like Aku no Hana and Shin Sekai Yori even though both shows flopped hard and are rather unpopular outside of hipsters and deepfags.

>using terveisin wrong
I smell plebbit

animenewsnetwork.com/this-week-in-anime/2017-09-19/.121526

All those shows were fairly big in the West.
Re: Creators, by all rights, SHOULD have performed excellently. It had all the big names and interesting premises behind it. They just threw their lot in and hoped it would be the next KLK or Gurren Lagaan type of hype.

Recap just spelled out what their backstory was if you couldn't catch what their deal was. Alice for example is subject to change and growth in every single scene it gets annoying since you can see they are going 110% plot and character development with her screentime. Same goes with Blitz and Rui.

There's no cooldown in the show since if it's not character development then it's worldbuilding and keeping the audience up to speed with what's happening. They even used the onsen episode to continuously talk about the upcoming battle when they could've just spent some time just having mindless fun and displaying their quirks as characters.

>Greetings, pseudo-intellectual who expected shonenshit from a deconstruction of the anime industry
Tell me more about how I'm wrong.

>everyone else hates it?
>Sup Forums
>everyone

If you can't see the merit, then I feel sorry for you of how you consume anime

bp

by using it unironically

>Half of it is a battle royale between a dozen different anime archetypes, and the other half is a series of extremely meta conversations about the nature of art and creation.

I don't know who this Steve cunt is but if I wish I was watching the same show as this dipshit.
Half a battle royale sounds kinda fun. Shame we got nothing of the sort.

>Recap just spelled out what their backstory was if you couldn't catch what their deal was

I know, that's what I said. It hadn't been spelled out at that point. Hence, it did more.

>There's no cooldown in the show since if it's not character development then it's worldbuilding and keeping the audience up to speed with what's happening.

This is a huge issue. Often this information is completely needless and repeated. The show had incredibly minimal character development, and so predicated itself far too heavily on attempting to pretend meaningful things were driving the plot forward.
It used it's time very poorly, basically.

>incredibly minimal character development
Wow, it's almost like those characters weren't meant to be the main focus!

It's almost as if the characters who were the main focus were incredibly vapid and paper-thin, too.
It's almost as if the show was tremendously inefficient across 22 full episodes despite attempting to swing itself largely on a cast of characters it didn't bother to compel you to care about.
Really makes you think, Aoki.

>horrible pacing
Better than most anime

>failure to progress the majority of it's characters across 24 episodes whatsoever
Better than most anime. Of course a speedwatcher wouldn't realize this.

>characters that did receive backstory did so very thinly and not nearly enough for a show trying to be so heavily hinged on it's cast
Only an idiot would think that a character's degree of development depends on the time spent on him.

>lack of action throughout,
LMAO, the last 4 episodes where nearly constant fighting!

>the ones on the villainous side stole most of the worthwhile development
Congratulation for proving you never watched the show.

>constant infodumping because the writers are too lazy to come up with an intelligent, interesting way to deliver information,
>dialogue was not engaging, spoonfeeding-tier
Just because you have the attention span of a 10-year old doesn't mean infodumping is inherently bad.

>glorious soundtrack horribly misused
Far from it

>fell into the pitfall of "make a villain too strong, must rely on cheesy, unsatisfying means to defeat him/her"
You mean "perfectly logic and coherent means"?

>actually found a satisfying means to defeat Altair
>made it fail
Yeah how dare they try to subvert the viewer expectations!

>went with the worst ending possible
You mean the best possible ending.

>from a purely objective standpoint,
LMAO Not a single thing you say is objective in the slightest. It's all 100% your own personal *SHIT* taste.

>Thoughts on this garbage, Sup Forums?
One of the most original, unpredictable and memorable anime of these years, with one of the most likable cast and clever use of metafiction ever.
Deal with it.

>things that don't entertain me are worthless!
>I have ADHD! Moar fighting now please!
Perhaps you just weren't the target audience.

>The show had incredibly minimal character development
Someone like Alice had like 4 phases for a dozen scenes she was in. Blitz from indifference to daughterly love to protector of the universe mode over 5 scenes. Same goes with Magane. She was introduced as a murderer, a liar and a manipulator, and in the last few scenes she didn't even lie once when talking to Souta, other than the part where she got her magic to work. Rui first gave up on everything, then came along for the ride, and understood what being in his situation was. The creators were more static, but they mostly played the straight man to the creations.

>no ur wrong

Not an argument.

The absolute definition of not an argument.

>Alice
The best developed character.
>Blitz
He was okay.
>Magane
Didn't change whatsoever. She was a wildly unpredictable cog and remained the same from start to finish: acting on her own motives and fun.
>Rui
No development, acted the same start-to-finish.

The well-developed characters were Alice, Blitz and Mamika. Sota was horrible dragging.
Everyone else was handled horrendously.

You seemed to neglect Selesia, Meteora, and Souta which got more screen time and meaningless development, especially Selesia.

>Just because you have the attention span of a 10-year old doesn't mean infodumping is inherently bad.

Not OP, but of all the dumb, wrong shit you said, this stands out.
Infodumping is ALWAYS bad. It's the most unintelligent, banal way to deliver information to a viewer. Coupled with the fact that Creators dialogue was flat out BAD?
Clean that shit taste out of your mouth.

>Yeah how dare they try to subvert the viewer expectations!

Didn't subvert shit, was obvious.

>No development, acted the same start-to-finish.
He didn't have the screentime to display different phases as a secondary character. Look at his demeanor in the briefings. He gives absolutely no fucks about any of the conflict in the beginning, then he talks to Souta, and then he displays his conclusion in the fight against Charon when he grabs his sword and makes his speech about heroism.

>Souta
I think you need to rewatch the show if you think this guy wasn't the main character. If you should be complaining about any character not getting enough development it would be anyone not directly related to this character.

He was the reason behind all the events of the show and was the one to successfully end it after all the other characters failed. Why do you think that is? He had to come to terms with his friend's death and Altair was a personification of his feelings.

>Infodumping is ALWAYS bad. It's the most unintelligent, banal way to deliver information to a viewer.
So, by your logic, LoGH is complete shit, since is by far the anime with the greatest amount of infodumping.

>pseudo-intellectual
>deconstruction

t. brainlet

You said it yourself. We weren't given an apt look into his character so his development simply wasn't sufficient.
Minor changes in demeanor and a heroic speech at the end is barely anything at all. He had one conversation with Sota in which he highlighted a conclusion we didn't SEE him reach.
That's not development.

No, that's a strawman.
It was a sin in LoGH, but LoGH drew it back by excelling in plenty of other areas.
Re: Creators didn't excel.

Still, Selesia is not directly connected to the Souta and still did not get proper development even when the staffs are pushing her in promotions.
And poor Selesia, even in NAKED tankoubon the retard Hiroe admitted he did not know how to make her stand out as heroine, with the order of characters was Altair, Selesia, Meteora, and Souta.

>No, that's a strawman.
Not even him, but that wasn't a strawman. You literally said "it's ALWAYS bad". Not his fault he can't read your mind and that you had qualifiers you didn't write. What you're doing is moving the goalpost.

>>>/mal/
or whatever hole you crawled out from.

She got an ample amount of development during the first cour, and had the biggest payoff other than Altair to the changes she had.
>That's not development.
That is the definition of development. It's more than any other secondary character like him in the medium could have. His time was only spent with him evolving and almost nothing else.

>Better than most anime
No. The show was stuck for the majority of it's time and, as I said, jerked forward as it needed to at it's own convenience. It felt inorganic and contrived. Barely anything happened for 12 episodes, then they SAID something would happen, then we waited 5 more for stuff to start happening.
Saying "no it's not bad" isn't an argument.

>Better than most anime. Of course a speedwatcher wouldn't realize this.
Again, this isn't an actual retort. The development, especially for the main cast, was pathetic, handled poorly, suffered from the pacing, and minimalistic.

>Only an idiot would think that a character's degree of development depends on the time spent on him.
I didn't mention screen-time whatsoever. I actually meant the inefficieny of how they USED that time.

>LMAO, the last 4 episodes where nearly constant fighting!
You didn't even watch it, did you?
17 was fighting, 18 was Magane and Sota talking, 19 was half-and-half talking and fighting, 21 was raw talking and NOTHING else.
I may be off by an episode on these, can't remember the exact chronology. But yes, HUGE lack of action.

>Congratulation for proving you never watched the show.
Mamika, Blitz, Alice, Altair.
And Altair's development was handled poorly. It was still there, though.
Soda was basically the only half-well developed character for the good guys.

>Just because you have the attention span of a 10-year old doesn't mean infodumping is inherently bad.
Just re-link you to this guy >Far from it
It's OST was incredible and only cared to kick in near the end.

>You mean "perfectly logic and coherent means"?
I mean dull and predictable.

>Yeah how dare they try to subvert the viewer expectations!
Subvert doesn't mean the banal, obvious path.

>You mean the best possible ending.
Yawn.

>LMAO Not a single thing you say is objective in the slightest. It's all 100% your own personal *SHIT* taste.
I've actually given reasoning and arguments. You have not.

btfo

No, I said it was always bad.
Not that every show it's in is shit because it's bad.
That's not moving the goalpost or introducing new qualifiers. That's basic reading comprehension, dummy.

It would have been the definition of development had we seen him move from A to B.
We saw him arrive at B and say why he was at B after a few slight glimpses of A. No motion, just an arrival and explanation.
That's not development.

I'm sure the deplorables in that universe will love her for bringing much happenings.

lots of cool character designs trapped in a shitty series

>there are people on Sup Forums who actually liked re: creators

has shit taste gone too far

> biggest payoff other than Altair to the changes she had.
What? She never won a fight, lose terribly in the final battle, got herself killed with a terrible character called Charon, and Hiroe's waifu got to stay with Souta conveniently. Not even 2nd season of Vogel was a satisfying payoff

>She got an ample amount of development during the first cour

>ample

It was hardly ample for such a focused character. She remained the exact same can-do heroine until she gave her life to kill her bestie.
You may be confusing her with Matsubara. He grew genuinely closer in a tangible fashion. Selesia was simply there for it like a stiff piece of wood watching someone develop right next to her.
It was very small development and not "ample" for a show giving her such focus.

Well said.

>18 was Magane and Sota talking,
18 had one of the best battles.

If anything the yuri ending and Magane (before giving Soda bullshit powers for no reason and disappearing forever) made it a 2/10.

>"people"

Yeah, like I said, I may be off by one episode on these. I think 18 was the long Shark/Soda conversation, though. So that episode WAS dominated heavily by talking.
Either way he was wrong about the last four being "almost constant fighting".
Altair probably monologued for longer than people fought in those episodes.

>That's not development.
With the screentime he had you can either show how he grew or keep him static, not develop his worldview at all and display his personality instead. They chose the former.

You can tell who are the /u/ fags are.

If anything, the ending was ok except for the fact that Blitz acted out of character and no mention of Magane. Not even a still of her vacationing.

I'm more than fine with it. The pacing could be improved regardless, but I prefer this to a story in which Altair didn't get the ending she truly deserved.

You are also wrong so idk what's your point

I agree. They showed how he grow, they didn't show him grow.
They showed Alice, Blitz and Mamika grow, THAT was development.
And, you know, they could've always just given him more screentime.
Fuck knows there were vast swathes of it wasted that could've gone to cobbling together a half-decent cast.

not
an
r
g
u
m
e
n
t

Agreed. What a waste.

Let me spell it out for you then. Episode 18 was fighting and souta/magane talking. Not either exclusively

agreed. I'll keep arguing Blitz shouldn't have entered the portal and Shark was beloved enough to show at least a 5sec shot of her having fun abroad.

Hiroe was not man enough like Aoki that he blocked the people that don't like his garbage.
I'd be surprised if Aoki is not on Hiroe blocked list after the latest interview.

>I'll keep arguing Blitz shouldn't have entered the portal
I am fully in love with the show but I also think it would make a lot more sense for Blitz to stay where Erina would be safe. He didn't even mention Ryousuke while talking to Suruga, you'd think that would be one of the primary reasons

No, Soda and Shark definitely dominated the majority of that episode.
I'm not gonna go all 'tistic on you to check the chunks and seconds, how they were used specifically, but that was focused greatly on those two.
I mean, even so, that's not the point I was making initially, anyway. I was initially just refuting his point that the final four episodes were "nearly constant fighting". Which is untrue.
There were smatterings of fighting underneath larger smatterings of talking, with episode 21 being outright dominated by talking.
The only ones of those I think was sincerely dedicated to fighting were 17 and the one in which Sirius came into play.

I can't say "fully in love" myself. I do agree with a lot of the criticism but the merits of the show were sufficient to put it into good category, just could've been better easily.

>after the latest interview
What did he say?

>I'm not gonna go all 'tistic on you to check the chunks and seconds
Better go 'tistic since all you bring is your personal reflection. Episode 17-20 were spent mostly with fighting

Dumb komatsufag being overdramatic with jap shit as always

Hi, I'm from r/anime. Just want to say Re:Creators is one of the best series in anime history. Anyone who disagrees can swallow my dick whole.

And that's what's jarring. Throughout the show, we've seen Blitz hating his creator for making him a mentor role and got shafted when he killed his own daughter and it doesn't help his suffering is to fuel that story's mc. He hates the fact he isn't in control of his own fate.

Its clear Hiroe stopped caring at this point.

Well then, we must have watched a different show, I suppose. I feel there wasn't enough fighting in there to pay off 16 horribly dragging, yawning build that nearly killed my interest at many intervals.
Unless you count people talking about fighting as fighting, I don't see it.

We did it Reddit!

And you're just a dumb re:creatorsfag that think this garbage is good. Did you assume only Komatsufag can get mad at this trash? What good writing did Hiroe gave to Selesia?
Just because you're a dirty irrelevant customer to Japanese media it doesn't miss you can dismiss the complain the Japanese had with this trash.

>作り手がベストを尽くしても必ずしもお客さんに面白いと思ってもらえるとは限らない、だからといってお客さんに責任転嫁して ”俺の作品をあいつらわかってねぇ”とあたってはならない
akiba-souken.com/article/31417/?page=3

He basically said don't blame the audience by saying they don't understand this trash, which is what that fucker Hiroe did by blocking twitter accounts

It was so ungodly boring I dropped it after episode 3 or 4.

Same for me with Rakugo but I'm not calling it shit. Some stories take awhile longer to pay off.

They just wanted to make Blitz seem dutiful and dedicated to his story, knowing of his place in the world. Despite the fact that, up to that point, Blitz was dutiful and dedicated to his daughter above all else.
Didn't Suruga literally explain to him that she'd pull shit like that again to craft a compelling story? Yet he still returns to the world that robbed him of his daughter to play support to the actual main characters.
Sad!

Blitz probably figured out that Suruga just pretends to be bad and knows that playing the exact same thing again wouldn't be popular at all. He remember very fondly and was worried about the MC of his story before, his daughter isn't the only person he cares about even if her death made him give up everything temporarily.