youtube.com/watch?v=-_GX-zenBkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uXUQritu8Ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>people thought Brotherhood was gonna suck compared to FMA at first
>people thought HxH 2011 sucked compared to the original at first
>people now think the new LoGH adaptation will suck

Seems to be a pattern here

Looks generic.
I don't even care for muh retro but still prefer left one.

Right is better.

Gotta grab dem fujobucks

Both Brotherhood and HxH had designs closer to the original art than this which doesn't even resemble the originals

Budget and two fucking decades of artstyle trends shifting

Space jam Kuro no basket?

that's the best of the new designs and i don't mind it

That the originals are better?

Maybe take off those nostalgia goggles for once.

>no more fluffy hair
If I had to point out one thing in particular I hate about the general shifts in art designs, it'd be this.

There's a vague resemblance.

The "originals" are just text descriptions in novels.

30 years and things change over time. I won't enter the merit if said change is good or not, but it does happen, in the end all we can do is adapt or move on.

>no fluffy hair as said
>fucking orange bullets
>3d ships

also yang's voice actor should be for kircheis

left side has awful shading, a pencil neck, and hair that looks like a wig. right side fixes all of those problems while remaining faithful to the original.

logh is facile garbage anyway. basic philosophy and politics stretched to fill way too many episodes.

Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. I can say the old LoGH is a pretty awful adaptation. But at least it's made with love.

Be careful people.

Get with the times, grandpa.

MUH BAEL

reading nonfiction on politics and philosophy would be more entertaining and less time-consuming than watching logh.

berserk

I know he's baiting but LoGH really isn't as deep as people pretend it is. It IS basic philosophy and politics. The only reason it's worshipped is because it's so rare for an anime to have any kind of substance.

>people thought Brotherhood was gonna suck compared to FMA at first
Brotherhood failed to adapt the best parts of the series properly and lacked the atmosphere of the original adaptation
>people thought HxH 2011 sucked compared to the original at first
The only thing 011 has over the original adaptation is the fact that it's able to adapt later material

Maybe you´re right, but LoGH still have a special place in my heart for showing me what kind of stories anime could tell that didn´t involve moeshit. If anime had more anime like this, LoGH could be considered mediocre, instead look at the shit we get every single season.

Does anyone know how nips reacted to this? What do they think?

>anime had more anime

Fuck me, im stupid.

Poorly, but only bd sales will really tell.

Brotherhood was shit compared to 2003
Don't know about HxH

>Brotherhood was shit compared to 2003

i hate you retards who venerate basic shit like logh to maintain a pretense of sophistication when the show fails in both aesthetics and narrative. the shows that excel as anime are usually "moeshit", but you're too busy trying to seem smart and cool to appreciate good art.

gain some actual knowledge about politics, philosophy, and art, then realize a show isn't more profound because it tries to explore politics, and a show isn't less profound because it portrays "moeshit". the way you think about anime is shallow.

They actually made him appear even more prettier than the original OVAs.

lazy artstyle aside, I think if you'd fix the eyes and chin a bit to look more sharp and less droopy it'd actually be accurate. I'm not good enough at photoshop for that though

At least he has a nose.

Here's a couple of comments with the most upvotes:
>よく知らないけどバスケ上手そう
>たぶん艦隊戦で指揮官たちがゾーンとか必殺技使う
Our counterparts are generally disappointed. Don't know what jap reddit thinks.

Doesn't look that bad to me, they're both clearly meant to be fuccbois

So basically they are memeing about galactic basketball too.
But I hope I.G. will take valid criticism into account and make characters less sameface.

Production is too far gone now and FREEfaces were probably an executive board decision.

Berserk

This is the right look for Yang, smooth features to show his more kind nature, and larger downturned eyes implying sadness

I don't like any of the change to the trio, but that would be true whatever the case.

Saying that I'm fine with Reinhard, Yang looks way too young, and red head just looks fucking horrible.

It's nothing to do with nostalgia goggles, it's a clear trend.

We can't have soft curly hair anymore, that's bullshit.

The right looks 100% better. Left looks like a doodle done by a child on a napkin.

You choose a bad example, Reinhard is fine. I feel like Yang's design is much worse, I think his original design showed more character.

Left: What fujoshi wanted then
Right: What fujoshi want now

Both:

Nu-fujos have shit taste

people thought sailor moon would suck compared to the original

Wasn't the new one approved by the writer?

yellow-washing

Do people expect the remake to look exactly like the first one?

It's not happening, Get over it already.

He had a makeover.

take a second look before posting

>Left
Carefully drawn hair, looks like it could belong to an actual human
>Right
Curved spikes which look like shit; literally no one has hair like that
1/10 made me reply

Better than moe shit any day.

Literally the only flaw of both the original FMA and Hxh is that they ran out of material. The parts that both of them cover are way better than the remakes.

left is a cuck, right is a alpha aryan male

>they changed the MAL pictures to the new designs, so now your favorite characters list is tainted forever

modern anime fujobait logh kuroko edition

We expect it to look g o o d

They fucked up Yang, too.
Now he looks like some Jap high school kid.

I'm still triggered about that. Amano isn't as great as his fans pretend, but Arakawa's character designs are pure shit.

Was the original OVA any good? It looked very nice but the storytelling was just piss awful. I couldn't finish it.

I'm maddest about Kircheis.
He's supposed to have fluffy hair the color of crushed rubies that Reinhard loved to twirl around his supple fingers.
Actual book descriptions

>Explain this.
Okay.

>New LoGH Production Staff:
Series Director: Shunsuke Tada (storyboarder and episode director on Kuroko's Basketball)
Head Scriptwriter: Noboru Takagi (scriptwriter on Kuroko's Basketball)
Character Designer: Yoko Kikuchi (character designer and chief animation director on Kuroko's Basketball)
Character Designer: Iwao Teraoka (storyboarder on Kuroko's Basketball)
Character Designer: Katsura Tsushima (episode animation director on Kuroko's Basketball)
Chief Animation Director: Takayuki Goto (chief animation director on Kuroko's Basketball)

It's literally Space Jam.

Stop spamming this, please.

He'd taller than Reinhard so he has to be the seme.

It's a Kurocock in space AU.

They want the basugay audience.

I thought it was good at the time, animation might be a choppy by today standards. But the overall art and character design was miles better. Writting was better, even the dub was pretty good. You will be hard pressed to find a good copy though. The number one problem was that it was never finished by the original team. Music was much better.
youtube.com/watch?v=uXUQritu8Ig

NuReinhard looks like the Char clone from IBO.
And his eyes are wrong. The left doesn't due it justice, but one of the constantly reiterated points of the book was how steely, icy, cold and pale blue Reinhard's eyes were.

So this is the reason why the new projectiles are orange basketballs

>even the dub was pretty good
Eh, while the UK studio was doing it, the dub was great. Then they lost the rights for the final two episodes and the American studio that took over was fucking awful.

If only Kircheis were here. This never would've happened.

Look alright, all things considered. At the rate shows are going now we should just be glad it's not a 15 minute bi weekly chibi remake.

FUCK.
This is going to be garbage

come on and slam and welcome to japan

(((Oberstein))) right?

>dogs eat dog food
is now
>white men can't jump

At least the threads are going to be hilarious in a bad way.

New LoGH looks better.

Which dumb ass otome artist did they hire for these designs?

It's possible to modernize rein without turning him into a generic shojo manga lead.

Read the thread.

I'm not particularly angry about this.
It's a design they decided to run with. Yang's voice sounds a but nosey and I think it might get grating long-term, and I'm a bit tad they dropped the realistic look of the characters, but they can still turn out a decent story if they follow the books and don't do anything extremely retarded.
If I think about it, the orange projectiles can be cool, since they look loke cannon balls and give that nice "volley of muskets" feel,

I'm an idiot. Sorry I made you reply.

>cherry picking from one episode
>old Gon's face still looks worse
Also, besides a few things being rushed in the beginning of Brotherhood because it was already covered, it was still a better adaptation. Inb4 better colors, directing, animation and a more faithful art style don't count.

Feel no shame, my friend. You gave me an opportunity to post that image, which can now be easily shared all over the 4chins.

Even if you don't like the story of KnB, the production of the series itself was good.
I can't wait. It's going to be fun all around.

>literally Kuroko no Iserlorhn
It's not as bad as the staff for Berserk 2016, but it's getting there.

The production was, but goddamn the art and character design was annoying.

>ober the oberstein
>we may be able to turn the 51 crushing defeats [..] into the foundations of victory

>cherrypicking

He looks too serious in this picture. I hope he's at least still a drunk that fights out of foppery and whim. Even if they fucked up the design, they won't fuck that up, right?

The bones are the same, the skin is different.

I think the first season had the least favorable character design. It improved later on and more closely matched the style of the manga that had more masculine faces.

I expected this reaction. I doesn't bother me as much because I see the older version as a classic handsome face of that period and 2017 as a modern handsome model.

classic LOGH: shoujo designs popular for the era
modern LOGH: shoujo designs popular for the era

most of the japanese LOGH fanbase is women anyway