How is this not illegal

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STOCK_Act
cbsnews.com/news/icahn-sold-millions-in-steel-related-stock-days-before-trump-tariff/
sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/61986/000081376218000018/ntwsch13da04022218.htm
valuewalk.com/2018/02/icahnmanitowoc-company-inc-mtw/
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immigration-priority-south-african-farmers-facing-systematic-land-confiscations-and-murder
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LE BASED TRUMP ADVISOR MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN BY HELPING EVERYONE ELSE HAVE STEEL STOCKS BEFORE THEY GO TO THE MOON

SHADILAY MAGAPEDES

GLAD TO SEE THE SWAMP IS BEING DRAINED

Because you're a retard and ignorant of US political rules.
Most of them are able to do something that a cynic could call insider trading because they have information the general public doesn't.

Though you're probably too much of a fuckhead to even know what that means, much less that it's been happening for years under many administrations.

it is illegal
sounds like textbook insider trading
fault lies with the advisor for acting on the info
Trump can tell anyone anything he wants

>former advisor
any protection is gone as soon as you leave the job

>Insider trading in Trump admin
AHHHHH FUCKING DRUMPF IS CHEATING

>Insider trading before 9/11
Stfu conspiritards

Because Republicans do not hold their own accountable to laws/morals/standards ect.

>trump has been talking about CHYNA and steel for well over 2 years and how important it is for a nation to produce its own manufacturing products including metals
>wins
>adviser takes chance with US steel
although the timing is suscpicious but they'd have to prove that they were in contact for this to be considered insider trading

Isn't that still trading on inside information though? That's not what we want.

Good luck making a case like this, I'll tell you right now it'll go fucking nowhere because it'll set a precedent and there is way too much money at stake.

Insider trading laws don't apply to Congress, AT ALL, why should they apply to anyone else? Go seize Dianne Whorestein's assets and then we can talk legality

Insider trading is not explicitly illegal for members of Congress. At least if they have approved clearance of the knowledge they are getting in advance and are required to be knowledgable of unannounced policy/bill/change in advance. No idea how a former adviser did this unless he is currently working elsewhere in government.

Yes, this should be completely illegal, and no Congress won't do anything about it because fuck you.

when Trump does insider trading it's BASED
when Trump regime changes Syria it's BASED
when Trump kills Russian it's BASED
when Trump runs false flags it's BASED
when Trump implements gun control it's BASED
when Trump explodes the debt it's BASED
when Trump arms the Saudis it's BASED
when Trump serves the Jews it's BASED

Meme flag

The only thing that annoys me about this is the usual idiots going "errmygerd Drumph!".

No, shit for brains. It's the entire establishment that can do this and you jockeying for a team like a retard instead of the issue in general only shows how far along your demoralization is.

it is

going to depend on how long the advisor has been former and how long Trump has been planning this
if the info was obtained after the person left the white house staff there would be no protection

God I fucking hate Trumptards. The regards from Reddit voted in a neocon corrupt dumbass that spends his time tweeting instead of governing.

again this is a former advisor with no such protection

>It's ok because everyone is does it

>Insider trading laws don't apply to Congress, AT ALL, why should they apply to anyone else?
not true at all thank Obama for this

Who cares sage

>Insider trading is not explicitly illegal for members of Congress.

I hope it's demonstrated to be clearly legal or illegal and dealt with appropriately. Corruption benefit nobody, whether you like Trump or not.

It's not like he had any warnings... oh wait.

>i'm going to go after Washington on insider trading

So before you kill yourself, may I ask how you manage to shoot yourself multiple times?

I hate emotional, basic idiots who just started reading politics yesterday that thing passive aggressive sneers constitute well formed, reasonable points.

This is a symptom of your system, regardless of who is in power or who their friends are. You sticking it to whose in charge now only says to me your emotions will convince you it's ok if it was anybody else and on reflex.....you assume everybody else does this due to your total inability to think any differently.

But this is Trump we're talking about here. Everything he does is under the microscope of butthurt cynicism.

>dumping the stocks and not shorting it or buying puts to capitalize off of the drop

The Democrats do though.

it may cost more but it'll also raise the value of our currency if we have economic leverage on a global scale.

same here
too shady if true
needs to be investigated by SEC

And that means it's on the person in charge, who promised to drain the swamp, to change it you utter brainlet. It was wrong under Obama, it's still wrong now.

Again you show me you're a fucking idiot.
Look up the powers of the president.

How are we going to convince congress......the group shadily doing this shit.....to stop themselves from doing it. Hope Trump embarrassed them on Twitter?

Yea but he sold before the steel stocks went up, unless he was owning German companies like Thyssen Krupp which dropped hardcore. American steel companies however like US Steel are going way up right now.

In other words this dude sold stock before making a decision that would send his stock skyhigh, and people are complaining about? What the fuck is wrong with you?

This has been Trump's plan for years.

Insider is a kike.

You think the concern trolls and retards whining about getting a conviction for Muller's fishing expedition even know how this shit works?

They just have to repeat the lie enough.

Maybe he can start by keeping future policy changes to himself, or by putting a freeze on hiring former lobbyists to government positions. Hell, he could articulate a desire to Congress for a bill to strengthen penalties for insider training. You have to be even more of a brainlet than I though if you think the only way the President can affect policy is by creating policy.

Because no one is ever punished for this. He'll say "I was not informed of this announcement before my deal" and walk off scott free like everyone else

4d chess goys, 4d fucking chess

oh fuck, i just can't stop laughing

found the source
cbsnews.com/news/icahn-sold-millions-in-steel-related-stock-days-before-trump-tariff/

Carl Icahn sold off almost 1 million shares of Manitowoc Company
a Wisconsin company that relies heavily on steel to make its products

Yea but the stock went up after he sold. So....?

it wasn't a steel stock
it was a steel consumer

Didn't Carl Icahn refuse to work in the White House?

he sold manitowac, us based
sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/61986/000081376218000018/ntwsch13da04022218.htm

they're going down

>calls somebody a brainlet
>had to have how stocks and trading explained to him through the thread

Just be grateful you're anonymous and take the l

Which stocks ? This is very ambigious. Canadian, European steel makers sold off. American steel stocks rallied. This means nothing, incredible how retarded everyone is as the implications on American steel industry could be marginally positive in the long run (and negative for canada)

ahhh ok. But what position does Carl hold in the White House? Can you answer that please?

I made the same error in assumption, see

Days before the announcement, BUT after the news reported it. Nonstory.

Sorry missed your post - pretty much said the same thing myself

yea he said the financial divestment that would be required was to much

so he has no protection even theoretical

The political class exempted themselves consider trading laws a long time ago. Anyone in Congress with 2 brain cells uses their knowledge to play the stock market.

no position, just a long time friend or "confidant" as some call him.

ha

Take another look at my ID brainlet.

no position
just somebody who talks to the president a lot

>Martha Stewart should rot in jail for looking out for all her money and shiet.
People like you are the most special kind of petty.

Also he sold the stock after the news people said the announcement was coming, before the announcement, yes, but he’s not a retard it came out in the news, then he sold it, then the announcement was made formally.

I did, you can return to browsing facebook and idly staring out the window waiting for your cheque to clear.

she didn't rot but she served time
get ready for carl to do a similar wrist slapping stint

>"I went to a tough school in Queens, you know, and they used to beat up the little Jewish boys. He was like one of the little Jewish boys crying”
-Carl Icahn, private citizen who did his job and sold stocks before they went down.

Are you mentally handicapped? What is with the non sequiturs?

They control both sides.
When anons are ready to listen, they will.
But I don't think it will happen before the Crisis.

>tons of government officials and thier acquaintances short stock in American airlines right before 9/11

are you actually arguing that it's OK to violate the law as long as they align with you politically?

Really? Are they going full retard here?

Can you tell me what law was violated? What position does Carl hold in the White House?

I'm not sure you can make what he did illegal. People are always going to be looking for an edge.

Were you holding stock that fell because of the tariff decision? What's the problem here?

Almost all stock transactions by C-levels are planned months in advance. Chances are he was selling his stock regardless. It's possible that he just knew that tariffs were coming, without Trump even telling him, because it's how Trump rolls.

Well how many days before? Because a week before the announcement, news articles were running on this, and hell it was known since the campaign that Trump wanted this. If it were a total secret then he did this, then yes, it would be a crime, but its not insider trading if its not insider information, everybody knew.

I sold my gun stocks in October 2016 because I knew Trump would get elected. I also bought stock in defense companies right before the election.My contrarian view made me some money.

OH MY GOD AM I BREAKING THE LAW

if he had a position he might have protection due to his job requiring access to confidential policy info
but he doesn't have a position

>insider trading
the illegal practice of trading on the stock exchange to one's own advantage through having access to confidential information.

Only brainlets & the chosen people are allowed to trade stock goy!

any info you used to make those decisions was publicly available

>confidential
It was being reported on with certainty. So it wasnt confidential.

He was selling shares in significant size, since the start of the year. These sales were always publicly disclosed.

The stock has been collapsing all year the recent dip post tariff is not even that large on the chart.

Finally, this company is more comparable to a John Deere, it is not even a steel manufacturer (which actually benefits from the Trump tariff)

>that fucking nose

its an investment manager who buys and sells stocks.

there will be "former trump advisors" who bought steel stocks in the past few days.

there will be there will be "former trump advisors" who bought asian equities in the past few days - and they went down after Trumps announcement yesterday.

there will be countless people who dumped steel stocks and were Clinton advisors also.

And finally, if you haven't figured out that Trump is attempting to bring back manufacturing to the USA by this point, and is prepared to use tariffs and aggressive neogtiations - just fucking kill yourself.

from the source article
>started selling the stock on Feb. 12, according to the filing dated Feb. 22. Icahn began selling before Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross released a report Feb. 16 that called for a 24 percent tariff.

Just arrest him for the crime.
Not a big deal, not Trumps fault other people commit crimes, you can't expect him to keep the stuff secret from his own staff.

Trump has been saying he was going to do something about steel since the campaign.
No doubt the adviser would have been part of those conversations at one point. And he saw the signs leading up to it.

Wait, I have no idea what you are arguing anymore.

You say he had no position and thus no insider access.
>but he doesn't have a position

and then you say that the law which he violated was the Insider Trading laws?
>trading on the stock exchange to one's own advantage through having access to confidential information.

Which is it?

And Carl's information wasn't? Oh I have another question for you. What do you call it when an investment firm pays a global satellite company to take satellite images of the parking lot of every single Cracker Barrel store and then runs that information through an algorithm to determine the amount of customers Cracker Barrerl has before buying the company outright?

Can you tell me what that is you naive child.

The problem is that most liberals don't have real jobs and rely on gibs, so they've never even owned stock before and don't know how any of this works.

carls info was not public yet
I would call that autistic
no wonder you thought of it

*former

He started selling feb 16 I read.

Pic related.

Non-story.

this means the democrats never did anything

See
ThinkProgress cherry picked a date but it was already publicly known this was coming down the pipe. Sorry.

Actually he filed on Feb 14th dumbass.

this thread is accomplishing nothing so I'm gonna plug the white south African refugee petition
>petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immigration-priority-south-african-farmers-facing-systematic-land-confiscations-and-murder

>carls info
What inforomation, specifically, did Carl have access to that was confidential?

A lot of people were expecting steel tariffs, especially after the Washers. We expect more tariffs. Trump had been talking about Steel tariffs for a long time now. All during the campaign trail in fact.

I don't think you have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

What steel stocks? US Manufacturers would have only increased after the news.

the report wasn't out till the 16th

>worrying about legality and morality
This is why right wingers never win. You're the ONLY faggots trying to play by the rules.

it could be plausible that he was just lucky guessing but it should still be investigated otherwise we'll never know

>former
>ˈfôrmər/Submit
adjective
having previously filled a particular role or been a particular thing.

also, insider usually refers to inside the company, (and a few other positions), not just an "insider" like someone who's well-connected.

Insider trading should be legal