EU4 Thread

Restoring Al-Andalus is much harder than restoring Byzantium, but fun as hell.

Post your countries.

I don't play EU4 very much, but I remember my favorite game in CK2.
>Start as horde nation. Choose religion as Zikri for some reason.
>About a hundred+ years later form Tartar empire known as Alp. Only one province Zikri.
>My king's brother at the time had a claim on the Abbasid Caliphate and decides to push for it.
>Succeed somehow.
>A few years later Zikri is now the main branch of Islam. The two Zikri Alp nations now having an unbreakable alliance.
>Together we destroy Catholicism till it's nothing, but a bunch of heresies.

There was also my Islamic Ireland playthrough that was somehow successful.

I like to play as Steppe Nomad tags such as Great Horde and Manchu. Of course, I'm not too good at playing the game, but it's so fun melting enemy armies with 100% cavalry.

DEUS VULT REEEEEE

My IQ is too low for this game

Lmao same here I’ll just stick to civ

Baltic Crusader into P-Russia. Then P-Russia into Germany.
Also did a Switzerlake run once. That was pretty cool.

This game makes me feel like such a brainlet, but when I gave it a try last I felt really proud about conquering a bunch of beyliks as the Ottomans. I know, I should hang myself for feeling proud of something so easy. But that doesn't change the fact that it made me feel accomplished.

I honestly haven't played EU4 in what, two years? I would play it, but I don't feel like spending a lot of money on DLC to catch up.

Try France. They're pretty OP. I have like a 1000 hours and I just stopped playing after Mandate of Heaven cuz I got bored.
Also did a remove kebab run as Serbia. I'm pretty proud of that one too. I had to join the HRE to do it tho.

Ck2 with plus is best paradox
Stellaris 2.0 is surprisingly playable
Not politics.

This.
EU4 is sterile and lacks immersion. Its about minmaxing and blobbing, its basically a board game to me. CK2 is way more immersive, you get attached to your characters, and spending hours arragning feudal domains and planning out how you will gain claims its all just amazing stuff. Stellaris is fine too its a bit of a mix but fucking around with populations and stuff is neat

Why would you ever play the Muslim countries you christ-hating heathen

I like Stellaris, it's fun.

I haven't played CK2 in a while either. Maybe I should buy the new DLCs and get some mods for it? I've been thinking about making a Nestorian Empire.

>tfw can't bring myself to play as a muslim
I've played as everything else but I can't, I feel filthy
The closest I got is when I tried the restoration of zoroastrian persia
It's the easiest, what the hell.

>Having a text field say "Muslim" in a video game means you hate God
OK

Roleplaying as somebody killing Christians is not fun. You cannot take joy out of it

I would enjoy killing Christians as did my ancestors.

Ave Zeus

Fuck nu stellaris

Shut up cuck

eu4 is for brainlets, pic related is the supurior strategy game

Dude you can play as a Christian nation and kill other Christians too. If you don't, you actually wont succeed in this game. Learn to think abstractly and stop getting triggered by pixels on a screen

looks like you're wasting your time, OP. While your women are getting raped.

someone give me a rundown wtf game is this and why should i care

Man if only CK2 had King Arthur, it would be fun retaking all of Britain and rebuild Camelot.

Too lazy to learn how to play that.

Guess they did not play Victoria 2.

I have 1300 hours in EU4, and 800 hours in HOI4. Ask me anything

Stellaris, human empire simulator where you exterminate xenos, it's fun.

concentrated autism

>Not forming the Qing Empire as the historically accurate dynasty of Aisin Gioro
Those events about leaders dying before their son reach the age in a horde are a bitch
>tfw can't bring myself to play as a muslim
I know that feel
>Playing atm with extended timeline
>comfy world conquest over 2000 years, no rush

Is it possible to conquer the world as Israel in HOI4?

>800 hours in HOI4
How do you play such a shit game for 800 hours? HOI4 was one of the most rushed games Paradox has ever released. It takes no skill whatsoever because the AI is shit at defending.

What about playing as a Jew and creating Medieval Israel?

How do you play as canada in HIO4?You can ither choose to industrialise or increase manpower. WHich one would you choose?

Israel is not in the base game, but most mods add it. It's possible to conquer the world as any country if you cheese the AI. Use an Expert AI mod, and it becomes impossible or practically impossible unless you want to play until 1965

If you create Israel, yes. I'm sure there's a mod for it. But the game is so damn easy, and whenever you play any Asian country you just do the same damn strategy. Just conquer all the non-aligned independent powers and you can control everything from Arabia to Tibet in a couple years. Then it's world conquest from there.

Can't do that either
I can play manicheans and zunists without problems, though.

its not even remotely as hard to get into as brainlets make it out to be and its significantly more fun then any other GS game

That's the spirit, leaf.

You just need to put the effort to learn. Watching let's plays also helps for that. Once you've got the basics you should be good.

It doesn't matter. Literally just invade USA

When did Sup Forums become Sup Forums

why in gods name would anyone play stellaris when theres an infinitely cooler space game out there

Depends if you favor human wave tactics and counterassaults or if you favor heavy tank support.
Remember : if your enemy kill one of your division, you win, since that means they have less bullets to shoot the ten new divisions that popped out.

i enjoy challenges , i usually play whit natives tough

Only if you get the mod that separates phenotypes.

Industrialise, you can increase manpower by becoming fascist or communist.

It is actually in the game, you can release it as the British Empire.

Obviously it is better putting a fascist party to it.

>I can play manicheans and zunists
Understandable, actually, eh.

Disgusting UI, it's just a mess of bland windows.

>not PU'ing France as England, becoming Holy Roman Emperor, diplo-annexing France, tag switching until you can make them all vassals.

I still haven't got the "Sun God" achievement.
It's just so goddamn hard.

i use a lot of mods, flavor of the week mods. Also active in the community and online play. I listen to a lot of ww2 music, or ww2 documentations when I play so a lot of times its more like autopilot meditation.

B-but muh visuals! Muh Imperivm!

Dast rite white boi.

doesn't really matter when its mechanically superior to and more fun than every strategy game ever made

That makes sense. I got tired of it after the USSR wouldn't even defend Moscow on hard mode

Eventually got tired of wasting time with video games and decided to satisfy my hunger for accomplishment with real world achievements.

yeah i remembered right after I posted that
ever seen this

i loved 4X in space but couldnt play stellaris, love crussader kings2 and eu4, also im so stupid for hearts of iron

>Grand
>Strategy
Sure guy

Gonna be real hard to enjoy the game if the visuals are immediately repulsive.

Looks like a bunch of confusing windows with an overload of information. I have no idea what I'm looking at and with those visuals i'm not sure i'm interested in learning.

>muh graphics
you have to be 18 to post here

No way! That's a mod!

>Mount and Blade
>literally every battle charge with the horse and kill the entire army alone

I'm probably older than you son. Even Dwarf Fortress has nicer graphics than that.

ok

After the_dotard flooded this shithole

Did he feel in charge?

So wait, this means that we wuz franks n' shiet?

wtf is this in need of a rundown

sure thing kiddo, i guess its a good thing graphics are the least important aspect of a videogame then

Historically accurate as the entire game. Remember the time when Hitler conquered the world?

>ITT: Retarded soyboys
read a book, hit the gym, and throw away the hot pockets
t. PhD in early modern studies

>REEEEEEEE I hate people having fun!

The Final Solution to the Anglo Question

whoever made this mod must have browsed Sup Forums a bit, in the very least.

>read a book
Nigger please, I listen to the most enlightened audiobooks and philosophy while I game
>hit the gym
>dont eat hot pockets
oh

The immersion of aurora is inexplicable fun, but i find EUIV and Vic2 fun too .

Can't wait for the update.

Rise of nations
Total war: shogun 2

These are the patricians choice.

>Rise of nations
A classic.

Truly.
Dutch player here.

i started with eu4 but its just way too repetitive and boring, the amount of detail in aurora means even the smallest things can be fun and interesting

for example sending out your first survey ship crewed by characters you've customized and hand picked and having it run out of supplies and the engine explode, leaving the crew to drift through space for a year while the boys back home design and produce a rescue ship to get the crewback home alive

even something small and potentially annoying turns into a little memorable adventure, whereas eu is just a fabricate claim and stackwipe simulator

>not removing kebab in Medieval 2/Stainless Steel mod

HOI is harder,and I prefer it

there is a mod for that :P

>actually paying for eu4 dlc
Just pirate it.

The last time I played a GSG I attempted to create a Manichaean kingdom of Russia to import into EUIV.

After I achieved that kingdom and released everything that wasn't explicitly part of the title's de jure holdings I just got bored. I guess I need continual goals for this game that don't just involve blobbing everywhere.

can´t play any of their games anymore, only HOI4 because of the mods, those cucks trew it down the gutter

>not playing as the OP ottomans
You're missing out bud.
Also muslim leaders have the best insults in the game when you click on them.
I think I'm maybe confusing CK2 with EU4.

you´re not confusing, you´re mixing the both

>restoring Byzantium
>not transferring a fully restored Roman Empire from CK2 and correcting history to the way it was supposed to be

What did they do to CK2 and EU4?

im not sure how anyone could play vanilla eu4. I will only play MEIOU. Vanilla EU4 is horrible.

True EuIV is repetitive I've +1800 and rarely play anymore, only with total overhauls like Meiou&Taxes.

Excited to Aurora 2.0 ? I've heard he gonna work on the UI to make it more player friendly, I hope it's attract more player base.

CK2 has been nothing but better IMO and for EU4 he is probably pissed about the famous females DLC

>as the entire game
what the fuck game is it faggot

Also the Stellaris devs removing the all white mod