Dies Irae anime will be 18 episodes

According to Masada, that's enough. But I won't believe anything until it airs and I can judge it myself
Source:
anime-recorder.com/ArticleDetail.aspx?seq_no=14697&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/911206886527180800

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qj-ybSpMY
youtube.com/watch?v=3PgRBhD_ntQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1cQRd8Xmo
youtube.com/watch?v=QVZI5ECzmYw
youtube.com/watch?v=NlQzFuRFpmk
youtube.com/watch?v=AFXgnWux-eQ
my.mixtape.moe/dqlyam.mp4
twitter.com/randomgirl434/status/911211374633783296/video/1
exhentai.org/g/199212/70c28be22a/?p=11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is a really fucking weird number of episodes. I'd say it's gonna be rushed, but the fact that Masada went for such a specific and unconventional number gives me hope that he's got some way of precisely doing it in that timespan.

youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qj-ybSpMY
youtube.com/watch?v=3PgRBhD_ntQ
Can't wait for the anime's OST.

It might be doable if you consider that the fights should be a lot shorter than in the vn.
Pacing will probably be really tight though.

Battle take way too much time yeah but they still need to add some backstory to the characters

Anything below 22-24 episode for this is trash

>the fights should be a lot shorter than in the vn
This is said about every adaptation ever and is usually wrong
Honestly I can't see how they're gonna adapt anything in 18 episodes, it'd be rushed with 24 but with only 18 it's gonna be really terrible. Think Occultic Nine

Occultic;Nine was great, you stupid pleb.

No it wasn't
The entire anime was characters talking non stop for 20 minutes straight, it was a fucking joke

The fucking joke here is your disgusting retardation. Kill yourself

>This is said about every adaptation ever and is usually wrong

Except Masada's writing is wordy as fuck and sometimes has excessively long narration so I think it makes a difference in this case .
Regardless I'm expecting some cuts and probably rush the intro in order for it to get going faster.

It's doubtful that Masada went for 18 episodes. In all likelihood, the 18 episodes was a compromise with the powers that be.

Give me a quick rundown, I saw some horribly OP characters in one of those make your own servant threads, but from the looks of it it seems like just the right kind of chuuni for me.

It's more chuuni than Hellsing.

That is all I needed to know, I am definitely watching this.

Read the VN

TFW Yonao has only gotten better

youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1cQRd8Xmo
youtube.com/watch?v=QVZI5ECzmYw
youtube.com/watch?v=NlQzFuRFpmk
youtube.com/watch?v=AFXgnWux-eQ

I sure hope they're responsible with this show, those shoulder patches do look fairly problematic.

?

Better than just the usual 13 episodes to wrap all

my.mixtape.moe/dqlyam.mp4

OP preview and new character designs

Best boy

twitter.com/randomgirl434/status/911211374633783296/video/1

ED preview

Isn't this kinda bad mainly because they are actually buying the Cour itself and not how many episodes they are airing?

I mean if they are going for only 18 episodes, the studio still has to buy the full 2 cour run (22-26 episodes) from the TV station or something. Is that how it works?

People don't care when anime brings up Nazis, they just chalk it up to oh Japan you so crazy

>that ED
I can feel myself turning gay already.

So they've finally started with the 1.5 cour, huh? About time Japan. Many series need this format.

Why the hype for this? Is the VN good?

Pretty good

It's low tier chunni garbage. The only reason anyone bothered to play the VN was for the girls.

Loved it. It's great
Nice bullshit. I read it for the characters, insane levels of chuuni, godly seiyuu performances, awesome fights and OST. Besides stuff like showers, sleeping and eating, when I started it, I couldn't do anything else other than read more until the end. I loved every second

I'm actually surprised this isn't always the case if needed. I really thought that they always have to a full cour because they are wasting the cour that they bought from the stations or something.

literally anyone who has read the VN will tell you that their fav characters were all men. None of the women except maybe Eleonore are even worth it.
Reinhardt, Mercurius, Ren, Bey and Shirou literally carry the entire VN.

You could try a little harder to convince people that you haven't read the vn.
You forgot Rusalka

She only gets better like in the last third tho.

Not that she is bad but Rusalka is overrated by those that only care about girls because she is a slut. Even then, Anna is better

Man imagine making bait this obvious. Next time say that it's a BL VN for fujoshits. That would be a bit more subtle than the bait you just made.

The fuck? This can't be Mercurius. Is this Isaac?

It's Kei

Wow...

I think it's supposed to be Kei

It's Kei you idiot.

>Kei
You mean Hotaru

Where can I get the VN? And I mean the not censored one?

Soon™

>When you're dumber than Kei

So are people here playing the one released on Steam?

I liked Beatrice and thought that she's pretty nice.

Yes. The sex scenes are Fate-tier in quality and pointlessness. So, the lack of them isn't going to stop me from reading the VN so I can watch the anime and realize where the adaptation is fucking up

She barely gets any screentime tho. Also wasn't her side story only available in Amantes Amentes anyway? Like, her appearance at the end of one route isn't enough.

Link me to the HCG so I can see.

Most people already read it and many will read it again once the +18 version it's released.

Decent.
Has some really damn good moments and some really goddamn bad moments.

I prefer works where a high density of information is condensed beyond belief to be honest, when someone says something like "We'll adapt 10 volumes in 13 episodes!" that's when I really get interested. But then again, one of the main points of Dies Irae is how drawn out and exquisitely detailed to the point of ridiculousness how everything is, so this might be a bad move. I'll reserve judgement for when it starts airing.

Occultic;Nine was really good in my opinion.

exhentai.org/g/199212/70c28be22a/?p=11

Nice designs, really like the fact that they have clearly defined noses.

I don't understand what all the fuss is with Bey. "I never get what I want"schtick aside, he's basically just another battlecrazy faggot.

The current English release is actually less censored than the Japanese equivalent release, and has more story content than the last Japanese R18 release. You might as well just get this one.

Kei looks like a retard here.

Fitting

It's the voice

It's becoming a lost art

Bey has E rank luck

That's what happens when you adapt G's designs

Hmmm. Looks ok I want to wait for it but by how you guys seem to say the sex scenes are so irrelevant like Fate, I kinda now want to read it now instead.

Also seems like you guys are actually praising the VN so it kinda makes me want to read it instead of watching it really.

That and the way he goes about things, he is unashamedly racist, to the point and has a way with words. Also, battlecrazy characters are pretty popular, at least in the west

Think about it this way: making a bad adaptation your first experience will ruin the VN a bit for you, while reading it again later with h-scenes does no harm

Bey is savage at fuck. It was at this moment that I fell in love with him.

It's much worse than Fate, but I'd still read it.
You can wait one week since they said that the 18+ patch in on scedule to release in september.

Stop bullying Kei

It's a good VN if you like chunni.

The only character I love as much as him is Trifa. But it's really hard to call someone better than other, except for Kasumi they are all great

Kei is for bullying

Fatefag here
Dies Irae>>>Fate/Stay Night

>It's much worse than Fate
nah. Dies is the superior VN. It has Fate beat in almost all departments

DIfag here
FSN>>>DI

I think he's talking about the H-scenes

I do enjoy Fate's brand of chuuni more than what DI had.

Learn how to crop, Kei.

It still hurts to see DI being discussed by subhuman EOPs.

Trifa didn't teach her how

Wonder how Crunchyroll's translators will handle some of the really chuuni ancient Japanese shit.

It will get so much worse when the anime airs and normalfags will know about it.
I'm scared.

I want to fuck Marie

It feels good to see salty JOPs.
Dude. We have a simuldub (Funishit releases the episodes dubbed a few weeks after they air in Japan) coming. While all dubs are shit, the dubbed DI chants are going to be the biggest shit ever seen on a dub.

All things considered I actually enjoyed Kei's route more than Marie's.

Don't even remind me. At least KKK and Senshinkan are safe.

I'm looking foward to it to laugh at how triggered they'll get (YS triggered the shit out of them and that was isekai WW1)

Why do they have to fuck up Ren's design so bad

But it's about a guy killing Nazis.

Schwarzesmarken triggered them too and that was alternate ayylmao Cold War.

Oh no it just dawned on me it's getting a dub.
God fucking damnit

It must suck to be you knowing that if the anime sells Ikabey and KKK are on the table for translation

What is with that fucking blue and orange jacket? It looks like something he picked up at a circus.

Not the prologue. And the fact the nazis get backstories and aren't treated like mustache-twirling jokes and even get a happy reincarnation ending will be enough to trigger them

If that happens, by that time I'll be living in Japan mentally distant from you subhumans. But DI's translation I had to witness while still in the West.