Is this the series that will save anime?

Is this the series that will save anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6fTnsdBI
animenewsnetwork.com/review/neo-yokio/.121543
nytimes.com/2017/09/21/arts/television/netflix-neo-yokio-review-jaden-smith.html?mcubz=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what is this

youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6fTnsdBI

When did netflix start cashing in on youtube animation?

For who is this made for?

R63 Anthy is so stupid looking. In a so bad its good way

oh shit it's out

but where's the nyaa link?

A shitty indie rock frontman and Will Smith's kid

>anime

wrong board nigger

DON'T YOU FUCKING DELETE THIS THREAD YOU FUCKING JANIS, I AM NOT DISCUSSING THIS MASTERPIECE WITH THE FAGGOTS ON Sup Forums

Nah, is just a random comedy, a male Kill la kill but Jaden is a really shitty voice actor. Can’t believe they tricked Jude Law and Susan Sarandon.

For us progressives

black people who have only watched naruto

>made by studio DEEN
>not anime
Fuck off nigger

>but Jaden is a really shitty voice actor.

I feel like an actual actor spouting those Jadenisms would only detract from the experience

Is Tiny Toons anime because some studios worked on it? Batman?

It's one of those series that's only amusing in screencaps, actually watching it is like a fever dream.

>not made creatively by any Japanese people
Not anime. Fuck off. These threads should be deleted on the spot.

cry more on your way back to Sup Forums

>he made his own grave he visits and lies in whenever he is depressed
What even

>source: my ass

>my ironic nigger cartoon should be allowed because I said so
Fuck off

Go look it up, you fucking ape. Holy shit. Even if some were to work on it, so much of its staff and all of its voice cast are English or English speaking that calling it anime is asinine. It's not even made for a Japanese audience but for an American one.

Has Shirou met his match?

Dude doesn't even fight any fucking demons after episode 3.

Yes, I mean this show is an obvious comedy but Jaden ruins it, he doesn’t brings any soul to the character, it feels a fandub, so people don’t know why they should laugh: because the show is a comedy? Because it seems to be taken serious but it fails?

Only the demons of fashion.

It's made by shit tier studio.
so no fucking way it can save anime.

Anime will never be taken seriously. Why do people keep digging its grave more? Same with video games.

Sup Forums doesn't want it either.

Honestly? Looks kinda pathetic.

Gourry Gabriev you have really let yourself go man!

Well, he is a walking joke of a rich kid. Remember the talk with the oldman and Babylon 5, and then quoting Karl Langerfeld or whatever is write. Not even mention Prime Minister of Chanel.

But this animation is a comedy, sadly it fails even in that sense.

I am only halfway through episode 1, took a break to laugh at it.

>i-it's not anime because I say so!

i recognized that Ranma 1/2 reference

How does one "go hikikomori" in a public place?

>its anime because i say so!

Literally not anime

Are that the old world trade centers under water around 0:12!

This looks like something you'd see on newgrounds.

Reminder to report and sage.

>all this Sup Forums vs. Sup Forums shitflinging
Can't we just all agree that it stinks?

>made for an English audience
>Not even released in Japan
>""anime""

The Boondocks isn't anime. TLA isn't anime. Trash like Korra and RWBY aren't anime. Neither is this.

>made by japanese
>not anime

>gundam butler isn't pink
bad design choice famalam tbqhwu #fuckboi

This wasn't done by nips

>made by Jaden Smith and Extra Coffee Machine Last Name
>anime
Shit is outsourced to Japan for animation all of the time. It doesn't make it anime.

That's some Kappa Mikey-tier characters and animation.

literally rich spoiled nigger money made this.
Is this the worst case of nepotism we have? In that everything Jaden has done is shit yet his daddy keeps pushing us on us? Even that fagot Max Landis I have more respect for.

why do you hate fun user?

The demon Chanel suit story in the first ep is a rip off of Tokyo Babylon manga, scan attached

Easy terms: anime is animation made by nips for nips, it follows certain traits and tropes, and even when koreans are hired, the final product is aimed to nips by nips.
Jaden is an american enamoured of certain style of animation who is fairly representative of Japan. So Neo Yokio is an animation made by a non nip aimed to non-nips using certain traits and tropes from japanese animation. So is not an anime.

animenewsnetwork.com/review/neo-yokio/.121543

>Productions like Neo Yokio are why I greet the news of every “big-time east-west Hollywood anime collaboration!” with a certain amount of trepidation. Just think of the Marvel anime—most of it's third-rate, because the talent just isn't there for it. It's much the same for Neo Yokio. We're told that this is somehow a collaboration with Studio DEEN, who provided storyboards for the series. I wouldn't have believed that Neo Yokio even had storyboards, because none of the shots make sense and there's no sense of time passing, but there are storyboard revisionists named in the credits, so I guess there must have been storyboards. Character designer Hirofumi Morimoto has a few bona fide credits under his belt, but most of the rest of the animation staff are capable but workmanlike shemps from Moi Animation. One of Morimoto's fellow designers from the Japan side uses the alias “Okadochigai,” which is a slangy, fun way of saying that you're really frustrated. I'll bet you were, buddy! One of the production execs on board is Production I.G's own Mitsuhisa Ishikawa. He can go ahead and put Neo Yokio right there on the shelf next to Jin-Roh.

>it's a light drama about spaghetti, nothing more and nothing less
-series creator

This show is revolutionary

This is 100% anime

>she's possessed? that sucks

That’s cultural appropriation!

>>made for an English audience

so is FLCL2. Is that not an anime?

Because fun leads to ruin.

Look at Sup Forums.

>1 hour ago
>thread is still up
I guess that's it then, this is officially anime.

But he paid for this? Is not like he robbed or scammed people. If an user had the money to make his own anime it would be as stupid as this, Jaden happens to be an user with money, that’s all.

>anime can't be aimed to non-nips
not true

>weebs arguing back and forth whether their anime is anime

lol

I honestly believe this is done in Adobe Flash.

The only thing in this series that actually tried to make the setting resemble Japan was randomly stringing Japanese words about.

nytimes.com/2017/09/21/arts/television/netflix-neo-yokio-review-jaden-smith.html?mcubz=0
>Originally made with commercial breaks for FXX’s Animation Domination block
It truly is the second coming of Kappa Mikey

I enjoyed this

I dont know what category to put it in as it felt like a detective one with a rich high class theme