For being such a great director who make great storyboards like nobody else, he did not many shows

For being such a great director who make great storyboards like nobody else, he did not many shows.

You can afford to be lazy once you already own an apartment.

Anno has been depressed most of his life and the anime industry severely punish creativity and individuality

Maybe he should have killed himself instead of corrupting the industry with his brand of commercialized nihilism.

And breathplay. Don't forget that.

NGE gave a push to anime on the mids 90, when the stagnation was starting, and arguably stretched the golden age until the late 90s, early 2000s. What really killed the industry was the economical stagnation, anime studios were too afraid of bankruptcy and they need easy cash. Soon they realize the overweight, smelly side the of the fandom was the most reliable and the easiest to pander so that group got too much power and the industry became canibalistic.

I still remember the time when everyone loved or at least liked anime. Generations growing up in the 90s-00s had it great.

>Maybe he should have killed himself
He tried.

Hey its not my fault modern anime is pure trash

He is a hack

Didn't Anno work on Megazone?

Though it is, indeed, Anno's fault.

He only needed to do one to revolutionize the anime industry

Yes.

Yeah, his art direction on RSF:WoH was revolutionary.

What a nigger, he was probably the key animator for both of those scenes. You should delete that image so you don't accidentally post it again and make everyone think you're retarded.

He should've stayed a key animator. Giving Anno creative control was a mistake.

Nah, you just have shit taste. Also, people who lurk threads just to shit on the topic with no substantive replies are the worst kind of scum, and usually very insecure about their opinions.

Could've just said I have shit taste and left it at that. What's with all the projection?

>projection
You sure are fitting in well, reddit-kun.

Is that why they insist on bringing back older shows like Naruto even after it ended and Dragonball? Because they're safe?

He was busy making the best Godzilla movie and the Rebuilds. Once he is done with the Rebuilds, he'll make another animated masterpiece.

>all this ass pain
Try not to choke on Anno's butt hair when you eat out his hairy asshole autism-kun

suuure

More like he'll retire, or pull an Oshii and give up on animation all together.

That Godzilla movie was amazing. It showed that Godzilla movies can still be done right, instead of the shit the US keep giving us and pasting the name "Godzilla" all over it to get people to buy their garbage.

How so?

NGE EP1 is still the best first episode in anime.

But part 3 was easily the worst you dumb newfag.

>be a talented animator
>direct a good anime to motivate shut-ins to grow up
>make a shitton of money on said shut-ins
>be rich, critically acclaimed and successful director
>marry a cute mangaka who likes your fictional gay boys
>get rid of your depression and direct a kaiju movie
>start screaming at said shut-ins for not getting rid of their depression and socializing
Anno is my favorite movie director for Love & Pop alone, but he's a huge hypocrite

t. pleb

It's true, though. The similarities you pointed out are superficial at best, for one. If you don't prefer Hirano's designs from part 1 over part 3 you're retarded, baiting for fun or have never watched Megazone 23 in its entirety. Don't you have school to be at? Fucking underaged.

I scream at lazy NEETs all the time.
>AM ONE
I can relate.

Hirano's designs are moeshit. Itano said so. Kitazume is a god
I am posting from school on my phone. Stay mad NEET cuck.

>I am posting from school on my phone
>cuck
Thanks for proving you're underaged and parrot infographics you've seen of Itano.

>I am posting from school on my phone. Stay mad NEET cuck.
So these are the "people" that like part 3.

I was born in 1997 and Itano called them moe in an interview

>Don't you have school to be at?
>I am posting from school on my phone

>Megazone 23
>moeshit
You don't know what that word means.
Also, you must be 18 to browse Sup Forums.

Fucking get out of here, underaged. Stop parroting that infographic and think for yourself for once you dumb piece of shit.

That's what Part 1 was. Then based Itano fired Hirano and restored manime by making the ultimate nu male filter Part 2.

>based
>manime
>nu male
Christ you really were born in '97.

How old are you?

you're an idiot.

>That Godzilla movie was amazing
It really was.

cinematography in my Japanese movies, what is that?

Bullshit. B-2s do not drop Mk82's. They launch cruise missiles from standoff range. Zilly wouldn't have even gotten to see them to shoot at them.

God damn that is beautiful. I really need to get around to watching this.

Name the ones your aware of.

Often the case in anime industry really.

We'll he was something of a veteran by the time Eva was made. He was most productive in the 80s when he was animating Macross, megazone 23 and Cream Lemon. Most guys slow down as they get older - especially if they become financially successful.