Dragon Ball Abriged Hiatus

so how's it feel knowing we'll only be getting a single release a year, if ever again, because they're doing there own dub now?

anyone else hope the anime fails hard?

My money is on Cell being the end. They clearly prefer doing LPs, and continuing it would hurt their chances of getting professional work which is their endgame.

I'm fine with it ending with Cell.

I'd like to see them do Great Saiyaman, but I can live without Buu.

I stopped watching DBA when they made Yamcha a punching bag. Butt Monkeys usually had or have done something to deserve their titles but TFS Yamcha is just a sad man. These guys just seem like assholes.

Also, their fanbase is horrendous. I know I can't let a fanbase decide what I watch and I'm not. I'm just stating facts.

>slow faggots get even slower with their meme shit
WOW
O
W

>I stopped watching DBA when they made Yamcha a punching bag. Butt Monkeys usually had or have done something to deserve their titles but TFS Yamcha is just a sad man. These guys just seem like assholes.

I mean, is the source material treating him any better?

Not really. But it has more redeeming qualities.

considering how they've somehow infested japan and are influencing super with their forced bad dadku and shitcha memes, no.

the fuck is this anime that they're supposed to dubbing anyways? Are they just saying fuck you to everyone who gave them money for DBZ abridged?

Going by there other content like the lets plays I have very little hope for anything else that they make.

Fanfiction videos are not Sup Forums, fuck off.

I can't wait until someone makes a vague comment on something then has the literal furfag go off on another hour long ill informed political rant again. Only this time it's in a blooper reel!

Nice trips. I missed what you're referring to. Are there screencaps?

what is this mean?

They've already mentioned doing Buu arc. DBZA is what put them on the map, I don't know where you are getting it hurting their professional career

Super is treating him like shit because the writing team is full of people who fell for the buttmonkey yamcha meme. Back in DB and DBZ even if he was weak he still made an honest effort to help out and contribute any way he could

Except that no one has given them anything for DBZA.
Yeah, they have a Patreon, and yes, some people definitely threw their money at it to show appreciation for DBZA, but that money was in no way necessary. They'd also get shut down pretty quick if they tried doing that.

>>>/9gag/

I thought they got wiped by Toei since they keep selling merchandises from their copyright.

BOW TO TOEI WAITU PIGGU

APOLOGIZE

>because they're doing there own dub now
Of what? DB? DBZ? DBS?

Good chance that abridged is stealth cancelled. They just want to say it's on hiatus to not piss off fans.

Now that they are an official dubbing Studio, they have to be careful with what they do. If they continue doing abridged then it would be a huge deterrent to them getting professional work again. Hell, that's Blacklist territory.

I understand ending it because of becoming legit dubbers, but for fuck's sake now I'm more pissed about all those fucking movies and specials taking up their time, they could have finished Cell saga and ended the series on a good note by this point.

>continuing it would hurt their chances of getting professional work

I'm skeptical about that. Takahata gets professional work. The Bleach guys are professional voice actors, at least I know Logan is, and Cassandra is also a dialect coach. YamatoSFX from SAO is an actor and voice actor.

Well, guess what is in production.

It's a different matter with Toei. Apparently the last C&D they got was pretty harsh. (Funi also got a demand to never associate with them again or Toei wont let them renew the DB franchise license in a few years)

Keep in mind Toei thinks that abridged has seriously damaged the brand.

>Funi also got a demand to never associate with them again or Toei wont let them renew the DB franchise license in a few years
Wow. That's harsh.

I'm amazed at just how much these guys just outclass TFS in nearly every aspect. There's no contest.

>Keep in mind Toei thinks that abridged has seriously damaged the brand.

Pff, I might feel for them if they put the slightest effort in Super.

Sauce?

I'd take them seriously on that remark if they weren't dropping every ball on Super.

I want to see the letter they got.

how can anyone watch this disgusting trash?

like this

Better question is why are there people thinking it "revived" dragon ball in the west.

>Doing their own dub
What does that mean?

They got licensed as a studio and hired to dub a Madhouse anime.
They've gone legit.

Not everybody is an uptight Sup Forumsermin, user.

Because Funi gave it their blessing since they saw it as free advertising.

>Dragon Ball Abridged

Just because certain elements of the "culture" you identify with enjoy this dreck doesn't mean you have to make a thread about it. Fuck off.

>boo-hoo, people talk about things I don't like!

We're never going to get Buu, are we?

I wanted to see Kai Abridged Buu. There's so much going on in that arc it would have been amazing at that pace.

Because they basically supercut the series into a comedy, removing all the pointless bullshit and the severe tonal issues that were really holding the original back while keeping the more dramatic moments intact because they understand what made them so good

Hello Lanfear

Hells
Based on the Hells Angels manga

Yeah? What're you gonna do about it?

Abridged was fine and good when it was small and they were a bunch of nobodies, but of they're trying to break into the professional side of things then it will just make them look bad.

Fucking Kaiser. Go to his twitter to see if there's any update to DBZ and its always him going on hour long rants against anyone who disagrees with him.
He lost his shit when Trump got elected.

>Are they just saying fuck you to everyone who gave them money for DBZ abridged?
In their defense they explicitely mentioned that no matter how much patreon money they get DBZA's production process won't be affected in anyway whatsoever and that it won't make the episodes come out faster.
All their patreon dosh would go into other shit they want to to do, so everyone that gave money to them got exactly what they were told.

Better not interfere with hellsing. I need my annual crimson fucker dose.

I don't know, I feel like just dropping a project they're already most of the way through would look pretty bad too, especially with how popular it is.

Speaking of, are we ever even going to get another Kai Abridged episode?

If they ever get around to finishing Cell we will probably get a Cell one, but at this rate no.

Yeah like all those Doc and Marty shorts made the Rick and Morty guy look bad?

I almost said they should do one of the android saga leading up to cell, but then I realized just how little actually happened during that. Felt so fucking long though.

I really don't mind

Why is the DB fanbase even worse than the narutards?