Why do Europeans hat the thought of English as an official EU language?

Using English as the EU's official common language, would make things in Europe a lot easier. You could fill out forms in English everywhere, street signs would be in English, internet content would be in English.

Doesn't mean there couldn't be secondary local languages which are in use by people.

Although English should end up the language at universities and in schools.

fick dich du dreckstürkenschwein. fick deine drecks EU und häng dich auf, türkenuntermensch.

Reported. This is an English Speaking board.

You aren't even in the EU, why do you even care? You can keep talking in your local grammatically incorrect Bauernsprache as much as you like.

With Brexit the main languages in the EU legal system are going to be German and French

>Irish
>not a mother tongue in Ireland

xD

agree

Malta and Ireland both use English. The rest of the member states will stay with English while France and Germany argue between themselves. Not like everything was in one, two, or three languages before anyways. Was always native, german and/or french, as well as english.

Slovenia xD

fuck off with your barbaric language, EU was founded upon the diversity of European nations, we don't want to become like Anglos' (((melting pot))) of (((consumerism))).
> t. Italian studying in Canada

what's the first language of Luxembourg?

England doesn't have French as a second language everyone knows that. We have slowed down English as our second language to use when the listener can't understand normal English.

Luxembourgish. If they any good they should be fluent in Luxembourgish, French, German, and English. Since the capital is more french most Portuguese and workers learn French since German is spoken in the NE and less so in the populated areas. German follows french pretty closely though.

A shitposting Leaf... now I have seen it all!

The second language in Japan is English also

The spirit of Shiller is dead. Good job anglos.

>oy vey, why don't you adopt our language currency and politics?? It would make things easier in Europe. But we're not a federation haha.. Why would you think that?

chinese and korean are the second languages

>In Varietate Concordia
>hey let's all have the same currency
>hey let's all have the same economic policies
>hey let's all have the same language
People like you are the reason why the EU is a big failure

>But we're not a federation haha
Since when? What is the EU if not a Federation?

>The spirit of Shiller is dead. Good job anglos.

Think about it for a second. Why does it make sense for a mechanical engineer to study in Croatian or Romanian or Latvian or German? He will have to retrain himself to then work in an English language environment. Not to mention that there is literally no way for a non-local to study at the university, meaning the university will always remain provincial and cannot end up being a top notch university.

No, other languages are one of third language in university.
I chose French, so I don't know Chinese and Korean.

Why would Japanese learn foreign languages at all? Just don't let anyone into your country!!!

>étudier une langue morte
Choix de patricien

>to then work in an English language environment
>nd cannot end up being a top notch university
Befor WW2 the language of science was german, few centuries. What happen? Why do you cannot create top universities in Frankfurt or Berlin? Anglos made good in destroying main concurrent in west Europe. When your country will infront of deadface, ask east germans and russians from eastern Prussia for help.

EU is an american project, made by US army.
OFC we speak english.

please neck yourself you absolute fucking cuckold.

Zlovenia colonized!

Our universities are essentially just mediocre mass graduation shitholes. We are shitting out engineers for the German economy, we are even telling them they shouldn't even try to go out into the world to make their fortune, we tell them to apply for jobs already 2-3 years before they graduate and then work part-time or as interns in those companies.

We just do not want to have top notch universities like the University of Birmingham or the University of Oklahoma.

underrated beans on toast

>We just do not want to have top notch universities
So what happened? Everything was in Germany. So you can do it. Why don't you do it? Where is top german since, technology etc? Why do you must learn english, not anglos must learn german?

dont try to reason with cucks like him

Understood, comrade. Are they a lot of you?

>So what happened? Everything was in Germany. So you can do it. Why don't you do it?
Do you remember that little thing called ww2? You won, we lost. We never recovered from you winning against us. Now our universities are local drone manufacturers.

this is an English board you dumb cuck.

In some fields, German still is the language of reference. Like in orientalistics and ancient languages. In my own field, everything has to be published in English to reach a big audience. It's just that in post-WW2 America and England (that still had an empire back then) took over the world.

About universities: Before every election, every political party promises to spend more on educatoin, because that is soooo important today. After the elections, they have to cut the budget. Usually health and education go first. We've had broken furniture and leaking roofs at my university for years.Research still gets done, but you can only go so far if you can't afford reasonable equipment and don't have funds to hire student helpers or finance postgrads who work on doctoral thesises.

holy shit kek, you sure showed him.

>teeen
Top fucking kek

Futhermore i consider that the EU must be destroyed.

>You won, we lost.
So why does east germany keep the Shillers spirit? you dont?

the world will speak english within three or four generations. the internet and all that follows will ensure this.

Why do you care if you are not in?

As an Anglo, kindly go fuck yourself.

Europe's languages are a product of their people's history, they're swimming in it. Just because the Burgers didn't want to learn to speak to their new subjects doesn't mean I want my nation getting the side glances for it (Even at our worst, we never forced Europe to speak English).
If you want a common language for Europeans, learn Latin or Greek.

>Europe's languages are a product of their people's history, they're swimming in it.

Translation: Europe is poor and weak because they are backwards orientated. They are rather poor and irrelevant than having a bit of English in their lives.

Got it!

>So why does east germany keep the Shillers spirit?
It doesn't. I have lived in the East, they are even more cucked than the West. They are just poorer.

i'm glad that my mother tongue is english and you're a fucking cuck

>learn Latin or Greek.
Nah - Old Church Slavonic

>Europe is poor and weak because they are backwards oriented

Good heavens, is that the time already?

I wouldn't be against that either, as a regional language of sorts. But KrautCuck was talking about a Eu-wide Universal language. And Greek is the language that the western canon was founded in, including books like the bible. It's what the Romans translated their works into and the Byzantines wrote in for centuries.
If we have to have a universal language for the whole of Europe, Greek would be my pick.