Evangelion 4.44 is finally released

>Evangelion 4.44 is finally released
>It is the final piece of the evangelion saga that will ever be released
How do you cope?

EoE should've been the final piece of the Evangelion saga. The faster this franchise dies and Anno is revealed as a hack the better.

I was 34 whenever Eva aired. You kids don't seem to realize that there was a world before Evangelion.

>I was 34 whenever Eva aired.
Wait, are you actually allowed to browse the internet at the elderly home?

>55

>Evangelion will actually, legitimately end in your lifetime

I always assumed that the Neon Genesis Evangelion and End of Evangelion were all of the Evangelion series.

I was fine with that.

Then I discovered the Rebuild series. It's a fun film series, so I dont really care if 4.44 is the end of the franchise. The other series still exists.

I was 7 when it came out, so all there was was Speed Racer.

Don't worry senpai. NGE and EoE is all that matters anyways.

Not a chance

Not much of one in anime. Just a bunch of westie pandering OVAs.

>NGE and EoE is all that matters anyways
OP here, Im with you dude, but Evangelion was the first anime I ever watched(disregarding Pokemon) and I watched it on fucking Winamp Shoutcast back in 2000, and I though it all ended with EoE.
But then they went ahead and did Rebuild, and reignited my youthful passion for the anime, and realizing it will all end with 4.00/4.44, just makes med sad.

I wait 45 minutes until the evil corporate businessmen decide they want to buy another tankerload of Filipino slave-boys and call for another reboot.

>Winamp Shoutcast
Holy fuck, those where the good old times.

>How do you cope?
Shitpost about waifu wars

I understand. But for many of those who've been keeping an eye on it, or people like me who jumped on it recently, had it fresh in their minds and then jumped into the rebuilds, the rebuilds left a sour taste in my mouth.

They are most tolerable to me in release order.
1.11 was fie. 2.22 was okay but had flaws, specifically Mari. And 3.33 was a trainwreck and resembles little of what it stemmed from.
I'm not even a long-time fan, and I want to see this show put down to save whatever dignity it might have left. My only saving grace would be that 4.44 fixes all the problems or at least gives us a fucking answer, rhyme, or reason as to why the rebuilds are the way they are.

If 4.44 - by the grace of God - manages to be good, then I will also be sad it's over. If it's not, I can only think of it as a mercy killing.

>4.44 is the last
Nope, Anno said that he wants Evangelion to be like Gundam and be a big part of Khara's output.

>Anno said that he wants Evangelion to be like Gundam
Yet he neglected it for how many years while working on some shitty Jap live action godzilla movie?

see What's happening to Evangelion at the hands of Anno is sickening. The guy is obviously rewriting the original just to push his waifus.

Despite nobody in the mainstream hearing of it once/not in western threatres, Nips loved it for some reason. Anno wants to be Japanese Stanley Kubrick.

>The guy is obviously rewriting the original just to push his waifus.
Yeah, but for once the lore behind this anime actually lends itself to being rewritten, again and again, with small changes. (The legend of Guf and all that)
I know, it's a bad excuse, but an excuse none the less.

>waifus
More like husbandos, he took a footnote character like Kaworu and gave him a huge role in 3.33. Anno hasn't gotten over his homo lust for Ikuhara.

Eva exists as fanservice instead of being about Freudian themes and metaphors.

>shitty Jap live action godzilla movie

That laser beam scene and bureacracy theme was great

Bottle feeding Godzilla final battle, not so much

shit show that should be left to rot in the past

It was in western theaters.

>Eva fags dont know about my RahXephon

>implying Mr. Anno's Wild Ride ever ends

When i watch 4.0 i will an hero

If I'm not wrong Anno master plan is to turn Evangelion into a series like Gundam, that you can simply make more of whenever you want to, so 4.0 will be made with that in mind to give a closure in which the story "continues", so we'll get much more material after it, for me it's what I want since maybe we'll finally get an ANIMA adaptation to anime, that's all I want.

We all know about that pathetic ripoff.

>anima
>ever being adapted
Not even Anno is insane enough to touch that rancid pile of dogshit.

>Yeah, but for once the lore behind this anime actually lends itself to being rewritten, again and again, with small changes.

lol no it doesen't
every one has been a complete disaster. Anno should hang for his crimes, I mean is there even a way to call him out on this crap?

>implying kaworu isn't a waifu
same shit, different sex, jeez

Since 4.44 is Anno's last EVA anything I can imagine Khara announcing a new series the very same week the movie is released

>Not even Anno is insane enough to touch that rancid pile of dogshit.

I rest my case.

>I mean is there even a way to call him out on this crap?
You can lead an Anno to all the complaints you want but you can't make him give a fuck.

Isn't ANIMA fujoshi: incarnate? The only thing of worth in it is Rei and Asuka have huge tits.

So that interviewer was a pussy. Anno flipflops all the fucking time concerning the ending.

Anno has both claimed that he wanted to apologize live on television for the ending, and that there is no problem with it.

This faggot needs a reality check.

>implying it won't be G gundam but instead of Gundams it's eva

The bureaucracy theme was literally Angel Attack from Eva, you shitbarge.

He means theme as in concept senpai. don't get your panties in a bunch.

>implying the ride will ever end
>implying they aren't going to make anime adaptations of every single spin off after this
>implying they aren't going to make a full movie about Gendo's razor adventures and the horse EVAs
This is just the beginning.

There are two illustrations of Kaoru in the whole thing and his first appearance is in the last chapter. It's Shinji as Ultraman Eva in a super robot with loli, giantess, and mind control.

>Kaoru
That's not how it's spelled, fucking idiot.

Kowaru's name is hard to spell

I will be celebrating

Kill myself

By shitting on it for the rest of my pathetic life

>the end of one of the most overrated anime of all time
>The pretentious obnoxious retarded fanbase will never have an installment of their precious Evangelion again

I'm honestly really happy

>implying we don't want it to end
>implying we want the bastardizing and the butchering to continue
>implying any actual fan wants anything more than NGE and EoE

checked

How long do you spending talking with people half your age or younger on an anonymous imageboard?

Rebuild itself was unnecessary. Most of it is shit. If things had been left alone after EoE I could deal with that just fine.

3.33 was interesting. There were parts that were really shit, but it did do some interesting things in terms of manipulating audience perspective and playing off of pre-concieved notions of Eva lore. I will look forward to 4.44, if only to see what Anno does with the setup laid out in 3.33 and to see if he might be able to pull something good out of it. With that said, I doubt it will be good enough to overturn the opinion that Rebuild was a pointless cash grab, and the original series is still far superior. No matter what they did with it, Eva was never a story that could have been adequately told in movie format.

B-but muh contrarianism!

They ruined Misato .
If Misato was actually not a completely different character, yet still held a sense of responsibility while still showing some form of remembrance to Shinji than the first half of the movie would be okay.

Lets also not forget at the end of 2.22 she even goaded shinji to go all out when he was about to initiate the third impact, and yet she blames him for all of this.

I guess everybody agree that rebuilds are pretty inferior to NGE and EoE.
The dark atmosphere, the character development, the philosophical monologues, these things are the soul of evangelion. However, in rebuild these aspects are almost unexistant.

...seriously? I thought ANIMA was all about Shinji fusing with Kaworu to turn into Adam.

Honestly, I'm fine with Misato as a character in 3.33; 15 years is a long time to change, and her coldness serves well in helping us understand Shinji's sense of shock and isolation.

But you touched on the biggest issue when you mentioned the end of 2.22, and that is the absence of any indication of consistent internal plot. There is no real reason why, even if Shinji was responsible for 3rd Impact proper, this would be seen as a worse outcome than letting Zereul reach terminal dogma and ending all human life for sure. Our why Gendo and Fuystki are all like "our plan is almost complete" at N3I but then 15 years later they're still running their keikaku doori shenaningans.

It basically seems like Anno is just making up random shit as he goes along and counting on the audience to chalk it up to "2DEEP4U." And that why, at the end of the day, even if there are some good things that are in Rebuild, on the whole it just feels impulsive, ill-advised and poorly thought out.

>>It is the final piece of the evangelion saga that will ever be released
HA!

>How do you cope?

Meh Eva has always been just a 7/10 for me I mostly watched it for the memes.

you again

I never got why some people want their favorite show to go on forever and end up as a rotting carcass of its former self.

Just look at what happened to Simpsons or Dragon Ball.

Like "nothing has changed" because this was the first year I found anime that I'm able to call my favorites because I don't care about japanese memes and when I saw evangelion for the first time I already had watched and read enough to dismiss it as anything but pretentious BS.

Continue to ignore it like I continue to ignore 3.33 for the shitshow that it is.

I already got a conclusive ending with EoE.

By arguing with anons on Sup Forums

>poor man's version

>The faster this franchise dies and Anno is revealed as a hack the better.

The faster this franchise dies and Anno can get to working on a full length anime series of Nausicaaa with all the financial backing and studio support that he has in the industry the better.

simple
eva ended with eoe
1.11 and 2.22 were pretty good fanfics

i consider eva and rx companion works, few will ever see it that way though

>Neon
>Genesis
>Evangelion
"Neon", you say, while grinning like Voltaire did. "Neon", it is its name. But then, thinking of "Neon", you think about the substantial lack of any references to element "neon". You think about how the aesthetics are thoroughly rooted in the 90s, an age not general known for usage of neon lights. You think about the closest thing approaching Neon, the farting contest between Eva-00 and Ramiel.

But then, the funniest is coming: "Genesis". Yes, now, you cannot contain your laughter. "Genesis", it is called despite the fact that this supposed "Genesis" is set in Tokyo-3, Japan, a land so religiously irrelevant that it has adopted Indian religious and stewed them with a mishmash of their local brand of shamanism. Japs, a country that was historically notorious for pushing Christians into secrecy, making use of the Christian religious term, "Genesis".

And now, here is the end of the fun: "Evangelion". Now you fell on the ground, laughing so hard that you cannot breathe. An "Evangelion" - "good news", about dysfunctional teenagers, messed-up conceptions of parenthood, all fighting for themselves, obsessed with German "culture", giving their organisations names that are literally "Soul" and "Nerve". An "Evangelion" dwelling death, decay and degeneracy, that will stand overshadowed by Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Serial Experiments Lain while other Great fictional works shall extoll human struggle and heat up the noble blood of Sup Forums.

same

ptthbbtt

You do realize that the show is called Shinseiki Evangelion, right? NGE is just its localized name.

>How do you cope?
wait another week till Anno announces his next Eva cash grab remake.

>implying is not going to continue being milked after it

3.0 was a mess.

Daily reminder than 4.44 will be full live action like the instrumentality scenes in EoE and you'll have to discuss it on Sup Forums

Where the fuck is the last movie anyway? Has Anno said ANYTHING about it? All I remember is him basically saying "yeah it exists" after Godzilla was done.

Heck, that Madoka sequel went fucking nowhere too.

The rebuild films are great but you gaijin fucks just don't get it.
There is a reason why the nips love it and you trash on it, it's because Anno is playing with your fragile wannabe smart minds that want symbolism and explanation for shit that is meaningless.
If you didn't think 3.33 was a masterpiece it means that you are too dumb to keep yourself alive.
Please consider ending thyselves dear anons

He's just now started working on it give or take a month, he said he was so exhausted from 3.0 but godzilla revived him and now is working on it.

Can you be any more of a weeb?

Just let it fucking die already for fuck's sake, this shit should have died back in the 90s

>shitty Jap live action godzilla movie?
>Shin
>shitty

Pleb as fuck.

1 is serviceable, Shinji being slapped is the highlight.
2 is solid.
3 is

The TV ending is the final piece my friend, EoE was just meant to be E25's action scene

質問「TVのエヴァの最終回については?萌えが嫌いということですがアスカは萌えでは?」
庵野さん「TVでやってるときは、まだ萌えがなかった。僕もセーラームーンは好きですよ。TVは、時間なかったのは確か。25話が時間なくて、その25話を劇場版で作り直したんです」
庵野さん「最終回の26話は元々あんな終わりなんです。16話の、使徒とシンジが対話するシーンで、鶴巻さんが日本語を禁じたんですよ。それでえー! ってなって、それから自分と自分との対話というテーマになって、他人とどう折り合いを付けるかという終わりになった」
庵野さん「あれ(26話)、4日で作りましたからね。先にアフレコして、それから絵コンテを描いてってやってました」

Student Questioner: What about the final episode of the TV series? You said you dislike moe, but isn't Asuka moe?

Anno: When I did the TV series, there was as yet no such thing as moe. I like Sailor Moon as well. For the TV series, we certainly ran out of time. We had no time for episode 25, so we remade it for the theatrical edition. The final episode, episode 26, was going to be that way originally. In the scene in episode 16 which depicts a conversation between Shinji and the angel, Tsurumaki-san forbade [the angel's use of] Japanese. So due to that, the theme became from then on conversations with oneself, and it ended with the question of how you can come to terms with other people. We did [the finale] in four days. We did the voice recording first, and then drew the storyboards.

He said he was working on it back when fucking Godzilla finished in 2016. We could at least get a trailer or a teaser or something to prove it exists.

On that note, it's probably going to be nothing like the "teaser" showed at the end of 3.33, kind of like how 2.22's teaser was a complete fake.

Everyone's so disappointed, does it honestly make a difference? Majority of people will be happy it's finally over

Suffering more over the disappointment of 3.0 and with just waiting for more disappointment.

And that once it finally comes out it'll just be a relief. Regardless of how bad it is.

>Giving a shit about 4.44 after the absolute bed shitting that was 3.33
For what purpose?

Evangelion thing is playing with expectatives. It starts grim, turns lighthearted and ends falling into existential depression and misery

You are being Anno'd

Does anyone remember the 3.0 threads?
Waiting for audio tracks, listening to Utada Hikaru on loop.

3.0 wasn't bad, but it was wasted potential.

>entire premise is to show how badly Shinji fucked up because he needs to suffer 24/7
>everyone hates him except the homo
>homo wastes a significant amount of screentime on piano duets to make Unit 13 be synced and shit
>don't even use said skills and just see Unit 13 fumbling around like an idiot
>Shinji learns NOTHING from his last wild ride
>Shinji completely ignores the homo who is right there telling him to not fucking do it
>Misato is an insufferable cunt
>Asuka is an insufferable cunt
>Mari is just being irrelevant as usual
>Gendo barely appears and is still a cunt

The last bunch is the worst part. They could have at least spent a bit of some showing Misato/Asuka/Mari interact after Shinji fucked off to NERV. That way the three of them could get some development, maybe some background on what the fuck they've been doing while Shinji was sleeping, and so on.

The best thing about 3.0 is the Seele revelations with Fuyutski and Yui.

It's just a real hard, "You cannot go back". Feels like Anno is taking shots at the audience again.

it was awful

Fuyutski's scene was probably one of the best parts of the movie. He clearly shows both Gendo and Shinji cannot go back to what they want, no matter how hard they try.

The problem though is that you clearly see Misato and her pirate crew at the beginning, yet you get zero explanations about why she defected, what she's been up to all this time, and so on. All they needed was a single scene of Misato talking about how everything's completely fucked, how she regrets telling Shinji to IMPACTO, and so on.

That's what 3.0 should have been in my opinion.
It's like they tried too much to abruptly recreate the mental state from episodes 16 to 24, but you can't do that in a movie.

Why retread that portion of the TV series when 2.0 showed such a different motive for Shinji and Rei?
1 and 2 pushed Shinji, but 3 has him right back in the TV series.

3.0 should have been about Shinji's anger, not about his repression.
It should have had him trying to reverse everything on his own accord, out of spite for Misato and Asuka rejecting him, out of spite for his father.
Build on that last scene in 2.0 and have Shinji realise that his anger and nativity can get him nowhere.
THEN you have a solid setup for 4.0 where Shinji's all depressed again.

Enjoy your vegetable Shinji. I'm going to laugh my ass off when 4.0 has him sitting there just being a veggie for most of it, only for Misato/Asuka to tell him to get in 01 to save the day AFTER they explicitly told him not to in 3.0.

>tumbling down
>tumbling down
>tumbling down

>implying who liked the series wants to continue this waifutrash
EoE came out 20 years ago, 20 years ago Evangelion had his ending.

>Don't have enough time to flesh out the old cast
>Introduce a fuckload of new characters
Anno's a fucking hack.

>Evangelion 4.44 is finally released
Will not happen on our lifetime.