Name books that you should have read before you die and why

Name books that you should have read before you die and why,
for example because they gave you a new perspective on the world etc or something

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Harry Potter

mei' kampferl is a pretty good one

the art of war

Go the fuck to sleep

wow that one seems redpilled

i have seen some of the movies and i didn't liked it very much, does this count?

The New Testament

no I was just waiting for a specific reply, guess everyone here is a newfag.

I mean ideally reading should be a hobby you enjoy doing. If you don't like reading you won't get much out of any book.
Men should read a lot of books because knowledge is power.
Currently on pic related and just finished a book on the civil war before that. I obviously didn't gain any real wisdom what I did learn was a bit of history and as we all know history repeats itself.

Utopia

i know what you wanted but i think its simply not funny, original or something, its like everyone knows what should have come

this, took me a year to read it cover to cover but it was worth it

>Raven of Zürich
>Mein Kampf
>Protocols of the Elders of Zion
>War and Peace
>Crime and Punishment
>Zweites Buch
>Das Kapital

>To read about your own culture is a revolutionary act
On that basis read Goethe. In terms of gaining a new perspective on the world I'd go with Spengler or Nietzsche.

>Name books that you should have read before you die and why,

Bible - the foundation of western civilization
Illiad/Odyssey - foundation of greco/roman civilization
Organon - Aristototle's works on l;ogfic; the foundation of western philosophy
Confessions - Catholic classic
City of God - Catholic classic
Summa Theologica - Catholic classic, as the title suggests, a summation of the theology of the Catholic church
Das Kapitol - just get it over with, know thine enemy
Wealth of Nations - basis of capitalism
Federalist Papers - foundation of America

There are other papers and monographs from the history of science and math that it would be great to read and understand, such as from Godel, Turing, Shannon, Galileo, Cantor, etc. It would just be cool to read those and understand what they said, because they changed how we see and understand the world.

bump

Right a bump is not enough it seems. Time to post about shit I've never read. Do what I have not. Read pic related.

One of many.

>Fire in the minds of men
>Hope and tragedy
Both because of their uniquely powerful explanatory perspective on history since 1700.
>Platons and Aristoteles work (all of them).
Because it's essential to understand both schools european thought is largley based on.
>Sein und Zeit
Valuable insight in how to understand your place in the history.
>Hyperion
Hölderlins magnum opus and likley the most beautiful work of all times and all languages, if writting style is concernt.
>The Flame of Life
Gabriele D'Annunzio ultimate defintion of the poet as archetype of beauty manifesting it's will in the world.
I'm pretty sure i'm forgetting very important works and also leaving some out like Carl Schimdt, Leo Strauss, etc.

Read IMPERIUM

but only the first 3 or 4 before that big one

nice id
>ZOG

Disney's wonderful world of knowledge encyclopedia set.

Forgot I had this.

Musashi

all of these books are complete shit

>Thucydides is shit
A fucking medpack

Explain?

Get lost Podesta, go fire your guns on your mountain range

I need a good book on the French Revolution. Is the Oxford history any good?

It's about why you should live only within your memes so that you don't get indebted to the evil lenders

Alex Jones told you!

1776 WILL COMMENCE AGAIN.

May 1st

See
>Fire in the minds of men
I suggest this one.

It's a decent book, but how does it relate to user's question?

One of the funniest books I have ever read
Political commentary

Read it to improve my vocabulary, never laughed so hard in my life.
Sharpe is eloquent yet crass as fuck

>>War and Peace
>>Crime and Punishment

Russian garbage literature

Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy - Lothrop Stoddard

after you read this you will understand the sick mind of the people who post on this site. He basically advocates for whites to dominate teh non whites or the Non whites will take over. it used to be the bible for white supremacy capitalism

fuck capitalism

>This opinion exists

It was published in 1776 by Adam Weishaupt.

Weis (White/Know)
Haupt - Highest Rank.

I was making a little joke about the aliens who run the country.

T-hehe

>Bible - the foundation of western civilization
Oh Lord, I have seen dummies before but like this one never.

Amen. Either you get the fucking historical records without adulteration or you get garbage.

Go ahead and laugh I don't give a shit.

But at least give constructive criticism instead of judging it only by it's cover.

The Prince by Machiavelli

What’s the best book to learn more about Black Sun and esotericism?

Guns, Germs and Steel changed my life

Best thing is contemplate the number 216 and don't drill a screwdriver through your head when you figure out the names of God.

Unintended Consequences

Remain calm when it hits you.

Legend of Drizzt.
It's not where you came from. It's where you're heading.

Book of the Dead

What are the names of God?

Shit bait Fagland

the Brothers Karamazov and Ana Karenina are pretty good though. Very philosophical.

Thinking about reading Aleksandr Karelin's biography

all this collections
harry potter
lord of rings
twilight
etc.
now, unironically, this. Dont read (((secondhanded))) sources

Drop whatever you're doing pick this one up.

Kevin, sometimes Steve.

Bill and Ted

The Lightning and the Sun

What about Lolita?

Time enough for love.
Stranger in a strange land.

1984, animal farm, fahrenheit 451, the gulag archipelago, road to wigan pier...
Etc etc... there's hundreds of classics fiction and non-fiction every single citizen should have read and understood

>Stranger

You were 12, weren't you?

Don't fall for the "start with the greeks" meme

A history of Western philosophy by Russell

The Piglrim's Progress by John Bunyan

What is the utility in reading? Does a person with an IQ of 120 who is well read have an advantage over a person with an IQ of 150 who is poorly read? I feel like truth is much simpler than many would have you believe. I'm a tested verbal genius and I enjoy Star Wars more than literature.

>a person with an IQ of 120 who is well read have an advantage over a person with an IQ of 150 who is poorly read?
I can't imagine someone with an IQ of 150 who doesn't read.

I suppose I mean being well read relative to your intelligence. My grandfather has an IQ of 156 but he couldn't tell you why hot water is better for cleaning than cold water.

Everything by Carl Jung. And Moby Dick.

That's an american book, user
Literature is about style and intellectual stimulus, not so much about insight in the human condition. Read Borges, Ulysses, At Swim-Two-Birds, Pale Fire to get a taste of the real stuff

Anyway here's my pick, just lovely lovely stories (except for the second one, I don't quite like that one)

The truth of Human Nature contained in one book.
The extensive elaboration of the Levels of Complementary Explanatory Models, which we use to orient ourselves in Life.

Subtle ... /bro/

Everybody Poops

anyone recommending books is a marxist.

You'll never look at ads the same way again. The effect is like glasses in They Live, but worse.

This is not a book for normies.

I've had a copy of that for years. It's really arduous to read without appropriate historical context.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04
Sounds like link related in book form.

It doesn't account for the existence of Jews and malevolent psychopathologies.

The Bible
The republic by Plato is good if you're into philosophy
Pilgrims progress

It's a bit like that, but it delves much deeper into the content and style of the ads, and the actual psychology behind them.

We don't have any of Aristotle's actual books we just have his notes on lectures
GTFO of here anyone with philosophy background hates reading the gibberish we have

I will look into this then. Should watch century of the self though. Its heart breaking in part 2 "engineering consent" and part 3 "police man in everyones head".

>Should watch century of the self though. Its heart breaking in part 2 "engineering consent" and part 3 "police man in everyones head".
I agree, it's a great documentary.

Have you read everything by Carl Jung? I doubt it.

Jordan...

Have you read Dabrowski?

Shut up.

Trump is a Carl Jung Fan

You should read some Trump and expand your repertoire on the state of being in the world.

>What is the utility in reading?
The first thing that comes to mind is that certain concepts and ideas require time to digest. For an example, someone mentioned The Art of War ITT.

It's so condensed that it's practically impossible to make entertainment out of it. Even if you listen to an audio book of it, the words just pass you by. In order to get it, you need to stop and stare at it. You need to think about it. It is not unlike formulas in math and physics.

The anti-federalist papers are far more instructive with respect to our current problems.

>I'm a tested verbal genius and I enjoy Star Wars more than literature.

You're autistic user.

>Does a person with an IQ of 120 who is well read have an advantage over a person with an IQ of 150 who is poorly read?

Without a hint of doubt, yes. Going around acting like your high IQ is some magic power that takes the place of personality or socialization makes you look like an aloof weirdo. 120 is plenty high enough to have an advantage over normie brainlets, and being well-read is enough of an advantage over out of touch spergs to be likable and successful.