Dragon Ball Super

There are various "official" break-downs of what separates out different "parts" of the overall story, and even more when you turn it over to fans. Some people break DBZ down into, for example, just the Saiyan / Freeza / Cell / Majin Buu "sections". Others, like FUNimation, break them down with more granularity.

This is done for a variety of reasons. When it's done by companies, it's usually for marketing purposes.

Then you get to the actual phrasing. By its very definition, a "saga" is a long, drawn-out account or story. With that in mind, I'd call something like Dragon Ball in its entirety a "saga" -- it's the saga of Goku, or the saga of Dragon Ball. Some folks -- myself included -- would take issue with calling something the "Ginyu Saga", when you're talking about just a handful of chapters or episodes. It's just this tiny little portion of an overall larger story, and it's not truly independent in and of itself.

In Japanese, the word generally used is 編 hen, which is something like "chapter" or, if you will, "arc". For example, Dragon Ball Kai had a distinction made in its home release in Japan after episode 52 as the "Jinzoningen & Cell Hen" -- the "Artificial Humans & Cell Arc".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XCjBQtvR4c&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Hercule" was completely made up by Funimation. His real name is Mark; his stage name is Mr. Satan. It's literally Mr. Satan in Japanese (ミスター・サタン/Misutā Satan). He doesn't have a family name; the vast majority of DB characters don't.

Reminder

Toriyama really likes DBFZ

Dragon Ball is divided into arcs which are then divided into sagas.
i.e. The Freiza Arc is made up of the Namek, Ginyu, and Freiza sagas.

>Dragon Ball is divided into arcs which are then divided into sagas.
Wrong

Frieza is a very weird character. Not bad, just weird. He's a horrible monster and he does absolutely nothing to change that perception, but he's also something of a comfortable character.
The characters of Dragon Ball have become something of a family. Even if they aren't all together all the time, they act like a family. In fact, we see that this is actually working out for Universe 7 quite well, as even the more distant members of the group-like the androids and Vegeta-have something of an emotional investment in keeping their teammates alive.
Frieza doesn't have this emotional attachment at all to anyone, but he's a familiar presence to not only the characters, but to us. This is a villain many of us have grown up with, someone who was probably the first main villain for many of us.

I don't know why, but I really like how Toriyama did these mid-dying panels. They're goofy and look stupid, yet make clear that this is it for that character.

>he is actually talking about xenoverse 2

Nah, he'd be outclassed instantly. They really didn't have time to train him.

>tfw no what if scenario where main timeline Cell survives and is reprogrammed by Brief and becomes good guy

Who do you think frost is pointing at?

But do I care?

Remember to respect the kekmaster

Me hopefully

wakey wakey gohanfags

I frankly think that is a shame that Muten had to fight in what is basically a pajama instead of his Jackie Chun outfit, that was rad as fuck and would have been some quality fanservice.

Staff for today's episode.
Script: Yoshifumi Fukushima
Storyboard: Kiyosato Yamamoto
Director: Hideki Hiroshima
Animation Supervisor: Yoshitaka Yashima

Gohan will be eliminated today after eliminating Frost.

New order of eliminations confirmed

this crap again? really?

He's gonna do something awesome

>Dejen Jiren a mi

Surprised they even put tien on the page

I accidentaly made pic related while making my cancerous thumbnail
youtube.com/watch?v=7XCjBQtvR4c&feature=youtu.be

The show also does not have seasons. they have arcs but hey have never taken seasonal breaks

Job?

Vegeta's pretty good. He actively works to be around and take care of his kid in a way. He's still a saiyan and doesn't have a very human method of dealing with things; but he's attentive, where goku basically just runs off at random to train or fight things.

>that bug is stronger than a GoD

Indeed

Beerus is about to kick Quitela’s ass next month.

Whats up with japan and their obsession with insects? They are gross and scary they are not cute at all!!!!!

Universe 4 is in for the long haul, son.

>yfw Damon turns out to be U4 Cell

looks like mineta

GoD stronger than Beerus is from Universe 4 =/= the mortal stronger than this GoD is from the same universe

>when burgers try to replicate spic fan art

We need U3 Cell first. They say it's the intellectual verse and they don't seem to have something comparable to the Androids. Maji Kayo was cool but still. I hope Katpestra and Paparoni won't disappoint.

Reminder that the manga is doing a better job in representing Toriyama ideas

DBSuper Director's Cut when?

I guess U4fags are better than CU6Ks, but still. U4 is garbage. Ganos got knocked out by Roshi.

>We need U3 Cell first
but user The Preecho got defeated by tien

so beerus can dodge really well similar to how whis can. he is not necessarily stronger or able to beat them all.
Is this correct?

Yep, Cicadas can evolve.

4:16 | Goku: Do you think our Universe 7 is sure to easily win?
4:18 | Whis: Who knows? I don't know that much about the other universes. However, there is a universe where lives a mortal that even a God of Destruction can't defeat. That God of Destruction happens to be stronger than Beerus-sama.
4:39 | Beerus: Don't go saying that. I only lost once at an arm wrestling match!

>evolve.
Hit is U6 cell confirmed

just like kid buu

KKX20SSJB

looks the same
lame toei

It always looked the same in Z

Mods.

Fuck off Zenofag

Why is Quitela naked here

>However, there is a universe where lives a mortal that even a God of Destruction can't defeat. That God of Destruction happens to be stronger than Beerus-sama.
>However, in U11 lives a mortal that even Quitela can't defeat. Quitela happens to be stronger than Beerus-sama.

So?

WE are many

What

I am pretty sure Jiren is at GoD level, just without being granted the Hakai power.

Jiren for some reasons doesn't want to be a GoD.

Now a freaking weakling like Toppo is going to be the next GoD of universe 11.

Why all the deleted post

>"Suupaa Saiyajin Goddo Suupaa Saiyajin Nijuubai Kaioken Son Gokuu"

Because he's stronger than Beerus.

I like the theory that Jiren used to be a GoD in one of the erased universes before he took refuge in U11, and all his GoD powers were stripped away.

Today is the day both F's are going to get BTFO by the Survivor.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken x20 Super Spirit Bomb...

How fucked up is Goku gonna be after this?

Stop posting this picture it's making fall for Quitela

God I really hope Goku is next. Not that I don't love him, he's been our hero since the 90s, it would just be a really cool twist. Having him lose to Jiren and not get eliminated even after using the form is just kinda dumb. Let Hit or Vegeta finish him off. Thank god the spoilers make this look possible

>hitfags

>stronger than a GoD at hide and seek

I love Gohan!

>Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken x20 Super Spirit Bomb
ok i know this is kind of a meme but a what point is it too much with these names ?
imagin if Blue didn't exist
>SSGGSSX20KK Goku

Goku actually has got only a few decent wins, the other fights were won only due to the help of others.

In Z I can only remember him being superior to Frieza once he unlocked SS. He toyed with him.

Quitela is best GoD!

Revere him, praise him, adore him!

Post your order of eliminations:
>Goku to Jiren (110)
>Vegeta to Cabba? (113, after eliminating Jiren in 112, he fights the u6 Saiyans but is exhausted from Jiren)
>Piccolo to Daemon (114-115)
>17 to Brianne (116)
>18 finished off by someone after taking out Brianne (116)
>Frieza and Gohan make it to the end, but Gohan gets Deathbeamed by him so Frieza gets his own

Goku>Vegeta>Piccolo>17>18>Gohan>Frieza

no user it's supaa saiyajin goddo supaa saiyajin kaioken nijuubai genkidama

>Post your order of eliminations:
>Freeza (to Gohan)
>18
>Piccolo (protecting Gohan)
>17
>Vegeta
>Goku (to Jiren)
>Gohan (Survivor)

Kill yourself hitcuck

I wish they put him in a turtle school gi

You are forgetting U 6 doctors

>retarded gohanpedo is this delusional
Pottery.

How is SS2 Black stronger than SSB Vegeta?

Everyone in this thread is fucking delusional. Specially hitcucks and vegetaniggers.

N-Nani...

Weak bait

Read the manga nigger

Zenkai

BUWHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How much fucked in the butt will you be when he is finally going to show his skillz and eliminate all your favorite fighters and destroy your childhood memories with one darn powerful flashy punch?

Answer me

kaioken ki reaching the spirit bomb
android 13 plot all over again

Why the fuck is everyone assuming that Goku will lose against Jiren? Is there some spoiler that say it?

Do you think the return of the genki is in the outline? I guess it makes sense for Tori to include it since Goku is supposed to break his limits, so using his strongest form (SSBKK in the anime, CSSB in the manga) and his best ofensive technique at same time and fail would be ok, yet Goku forcing a Kaioken until go x20, fail and then use a genkidama which also fails and Goku's last card is a new asspull form seems to be a Namek arc rehash from Toei

Because the title of the episode after the special is called Hit VS Jiren.

Have you looked at Jiren? He looks pretty badass

>EP 11 title : Hit vs Jiren

>>Why the fuck is everyone assuming that Goku will lose?

hmmm

Black never was SS2, go back with a better bait next time

delusional goku haters

still speculation and not confirmation

Legit question.

How can U7 be the second-weakest when it's already clearly established that they beat U6?
>Toei in charge of continuity

>no Cell vore
KIERO