Ika musume

Why nobody talks about ika musume anymore, it was very popular here a few years ago.

It was a very heart warming show. would not forget.

Did she conquer humanity?

Yeah but people say more than 5 years is long time ago.

I'd say it gets plenty of love for a 6-7 year old show.

I haven't seen a thread in months

Anyone else reading the author's new mango?

Why nobody talks about nichijou anymore, it was very popular here a few years ago.

Lurk more.

What's that called?

Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu

Ika is love.

I guess most Sup Forumsnons have completely forgotten this show since it finished to air.
as a matter of fact, I was one of them who have forgotten it too until I find this thread just a moment ago.

The anime was a solid 9/10
The manga was a solid 5/10

Ika-chan is my waifu.

Nagisa best girl.

>having a squid as a waifu
Do you ever dream of eating her?

Waiting for the inevitable Splatoon 2 update. I want my squid girl gear dammit!

No, squids don't taste good.

How do we fix Sanae?

What do her squid farts smell like?

Seawater and kelp.

My waifu is not for eating.

I ate takoyaki today

kindly delete:

I'm reading it, doesn't seem anything special so far.

never again user, sorry

The anime adapted the manga panel for panel. I should know I fucking typeset it.

So who was the mysterious girl at the end of every season?

Sanae

Sanae is secretly an octopus girl?

octopus (tako) =/= squid (ika)

Was it good though? I can't stand the fishy smell.

I still haven't watched that series now so it is still 0 years for me.

I think Sup Forums heard you so it showed her banner.

S3 WHEN???

Both anime and manga ended.
It is time to move on to the new manga.

oh really? that sucks

>2017
>not using smooth fonts

Is there anything that feels worse than liking a dead franchise?

Cx

Liking a franchise descending to hell.

I'm not into eye-candy so I'm still using a toaster pc powered by windows nt.

There really ought to be an English sub where every instance of the word Squid is replaced with the word Fuck.

J is that you

Gargantia is the sequel to this show. The squid people did eventually conquer humanity (sort of).

Take the squid ink in instead.
She has plenty of it to give.

Because season 2 ruined everything.
They should have spent much more time before season 2.

She conquered my heart.

She along with Kinomoto Sakura and Chaika are mai daughterus.

I still can't believe the manga is over.

Yummy.

i like the spiritual sequel

Who is best girl and why is it sensei?

Season 2 and the rest of the manga were just more of the same, without even trying with new characters or development.

This is why I dropped season 2
I didn't really like s1 but I was interested in the characters' design.

where can I find more of the english translation

S O FUKKING L

Ika is cute!

Thought it was cute when it wanted to be. But some of the one-note characters and mean-spirited nature of some of the jokes kept it from being Yostuba tier for me.

Tickle-focused episode earns bonus points though.

The anime adapted the funny chapters, was well animated, had great voice acting, great directing, and had a really cute original ending with some character development. The manga was funny, but got kind of stale after hundreds of chapters, the art wasn't even that special, the character development felt like it was completely reversed by the end, and the end itself was just bad. The anime was basically just the good parts of the manga animated really well with a good ending, and the manga is drawn-out and not as well executed.

>why is another generic moeblob trash series not talked about much after the memes were used up?
I don't know user

I mean, it didn't need "plot", but season 1 and the beginning of the manga introduced new characters with random gimmicks fairly often, then after a while it just stops.

>I fucking typeset it
Were you part of Hidoi? Can you tell me why the translation for the first volume is worded so poorly?

Many of the more memorable parts were mostly anime-original or expanded from the source material.
I really enjoy the manga, but this is a clear case of the anime version being superior.

Need more doujins on Cindy and Policewoman

>its another waifubait SOL
>more shitty japanese """"humor""""
>more shitty japanese puns that make no sense in english
>more shitty nonsense dialog
>still no actual plot
For what purpose

I'd shinryaku this musume.

I agree that the anime was a more compact and better experience, however there's some really good manga-only chapters.

watashiwa mamoru Ikachan da!!!

I'm enjoying it, it's not as good as Ika-chan though.

Simple, Ika musume was a masterpiece and there is nothing much else to say about it.
Sup Forums would rather make copypaste threads like "just finished Neon Genesis, what the fuck did I watch?" and the usual "Let's settle it once and for all, are traps gay?".

So when is the dub for the newer seasons coming anyway? I don't mind the subs but I'd prefer to not have to pause every time I miss some dialog.

Pic semi related to the subject matter.

Because the second season was shit.

I am

kinda want a crossover between it and Tejina-sempai

Good question.
Did the manga develop her?
I figured she probably had something to do with the endgame of the series.

This image makes me have sexual thoughts that I don't understand, she's just a squid, why am I turned on?

Ika wearing jeans is a sin.

>Best girl
>Not Cindy

But it has great comedy potential.

There is a dub that exists and it's really good but I do think its a fandub or something, I dont really know

I thought she would become one of the main characters later on, or like you said, that she would come at the ending with some sort of plotwist.

Result? She appears a few times more, but nothing is revealed about her, she's just a "mysterious octopus girl" and that's it. Kinda bummed since it was one of the reasons that kept me reading.

>Sanae will never kidnap you and store you in her love dungeon forever and ever.

Anbe Masahiro tweets about minecraft a lot.

Ika was my favorite in the anime but I learned to appreciate Sanae more in the manga, and learned that Sanae really is the best, even if I liked the anime more. She's so fucking based.

What does she do in the manga that's different?

The artstyle did change a lot over time.

She's my self-insert.