Read F:SN
Watch zero
You can watch the other adaptations, the first HF is coming out soon
Read F/HA

fuck off

This. Nasu is shit.

Watch KnK.
Fate Zero if you're still interested.
Read FS/N if you can deal with shit that didn't age well.
Enjoy the Nasuverse as most Touhou fans enjoy the the Touhouverse: .

Read F/SN
Read F/HA
Watch Zero
Watch carnival phantasm (if you want)

And then stop

Start by playing some fate grand order imo.

You'll get to know some of the characters in a nonspoilery way.

watch kamen rider gaim, it has similar holy-thing bullshit, but done right
and enjoy other tsutomuverse

>Watch Zero
Why not reading the LN?

Watch zero
Watch Primsa Illya if you like white haired lolis and magical girls
Stop

Read Fate/Stay Night
Read Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Read Fate/Zero
Stop and decide if you've liked that enough to continue further just for continuation's sake, as the rest is not as good
Play Fate/Extra
Play Fate/Extra CCC (if you can read japanese)
Read Fate/Apocrypha
Read Fate/Strange Fake
Play Fate/Extella
Stop again and ponder deeply how strong your appreciation for the series has run thus far
Play Fate/Grand Order

I've read the LN then watched the anime.

You won't lose any important if you watch the anime.

Wait, don't we have a chart for this kind of question?

>You won't lose any important if you watch the anime
>Lancelot's endless soliloquy/flashback
>an explanation for the Maiya kiss scenes
>an explanation pertaining to what an Origin is
>an explanation as to why Gilgamesh has such power
>an explanation of the reasons why Kiritsugu & Kirei do things in their fight
>an explanation of what is wrong with the Holy Grail
>Gilgamesh's chat with the Angry Jew
>an explanation as to why Kirei and Gilgamesh survive
>what it was that Waver saw in Ryuunosuke's hideout
>what the countdown is for
>what happens with Kiritsugu's son

You know half of those by reading the VN, but I agree that you should at least read the novel after watching Zero.

its necesary to see the 2006 anime or i just skip to unlimited blade?

Read. The. VN.

Fate anime is kinda shitty, you'll only enjoy it to the fullest if you have read the VN

Read Tsukihime, Plus Disc and KT
Watch Kara no Kyoukai
Read FSN
Read FHA
Watch/Read Zero
Do whatever.

Too bad that nobody actually has any proper, explained download of Tsukihime anymore (post-se nyaa), so that it's not possible for those of us who want to read it to do so. Same goes for Mahoyo, but even worse.

If anybody knows how to install the available downloads, they sure haven't told anyone. And, yes, I've downloaded all of the 'correct' files. There simply aren't any accurate instructions as to how to make them function properly, in either case.

So - if you want us to read Tsukihime, make it possible.

Just execute some shit until it works, this is windows there are not a lot of options.

Tsukihime is an ONscripter VN and requires no installation. Extract that part1 rar and it should run fine?

Grand order spoils UBW

f/0
rest is trash, don't even bother

Have you tried the mega folder yet?

Don't listen to the retards saying read/watch Zero but stop afterwards, the spinoffs are the best part of Nasuverse shit. Zero is one of those, it was written by Urobutcher instead of Nasu, and it's actually one of the lower quality entries.

After F/SN you should read hollow ataraxia. It has the same relationship to F/SN that KT had to Tsukihime, it's a sort of sequel full of hypotheticals in a dream.

Definitely read F/SN first, but from there buckle in because you've got about 2 years of content to read/watch.

so kara no kyoukai?

This but skip to step 4

You mean the one which does not actually contain Mahouyo; instead, containing what appears to be a sardonic IOU?

I have not tried the mega's Tsukihime yet. I will do so now.

Yes, also if you are looking for Mahoyo try girlcelly's torrent not the dummy cut.

>try girlcelly's torrent
No seeders appear to exist for any of those files. Also, their linked URL does not work on its own. It tries to append some sort of "announce" thing to the end, which makes the magnet link unusable. Removing it makes it clear that I am at the right address, as there are peers, but there are no seeders.

Run the mirrormoon patcher with a mounted tsukihime image

If those don't work try this one.
nyaa.si/view/315840

I don't know how to do that. Hence,
>There simply aren't any accurate instructions as to how to make them function properly.

Don't start it at all, user.

So! Mounting images. I recommend DAEMON Tools Lite because I'm a super fucking casual.
Basically you run it, and it makes a fake "disc drive" that images can be loaded onto, which will trick your computer into thinking there's a disc in a drive when no disc or drive exists.

What am I supposed to do with those files? I can possess them, certainly, without being able to work them into a functioning, English-language game. That's the case with the first batch of files that I downloaded, after all.

Try asking Sup Forums.

With Tsukihime you mount the disc and run the English patch installer. Optionally you can download the Ever After OST online and stick them in the CD folder of where you installed it for better music.
With Mahoyo you mount the disc and run the installer on the disc then you follow the installation instructions for the English patch.

>Casual
1. Watch Fate/Zero
2. Read the Fate/stay night visual novel
3. Watch Unlimited Blade Works (2014)
4. Wait for the Heaven's Feel movies

>Hardcore
1. Read the Fate/stay night visual novel
2. Watch Fate/Zero
3. Watch Unlimited Blade Works (2014)
4. Wait for the Heaven's Feel movies

>Pleb
1. Watch Fate/Zero
2. Skip the VN and just watch UBW (2014)
3. Wait for Heaven's Feel

>OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
1. Watch DEEN's Fate/stay night and UBW

>Autism
1. Read the entire Fate/stay night visual novel including all the bad ends.
2. Read the Fate/Zero lite novel.
3. Read Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
4a. Don't watch any of the anime adaptations and instead incessantly shitpost and complain about how shit the adaptations are compared to the original versions.
OR
4b. Watch all of the anime adaptations including all the spinoffs and complain about how shit the adaptations are compared to the original versions.
5. Read Tsukihime and wine and bitch and autistically screech over how much you hate Fate and how Tsukihime is superior.
6. Complain about how much you hate Fate/Grand Order and how it "ruined Type Moon and its fanbase."

>Patrician
Watch Carnival Phantasm and realize that it's objectively the best Nasuverse work.

sigh posting again(needs to be updated)

this is accurate.

See pic.
I have no program which is currently capable of doing what it claims is being done. I preemptively disabled them specifically for this.

>all those spoonfeeding

disgusting

In the case of Fate, yes. On the rest, no.

I thought request is okay when it comes to a specific franchise?

>Too bad that nobody actually has any proper, explained download of Tsukihime anymore
It's on the backup of fuwanovel
just run the exe and it works

Don't.

So can we agree that Extra has best atmosphere?

Astounded by the fact that it appears to actually be real. Confused as to how exactly it is over 100 MB smaller than the other downloads.

Realta nua with H patched in

>being so inept that you can't fathom people helping others get into a franchise

>needing help with getting into a franchise

I read the vn and then watched zero. At the time I really liked it, but now I can't help but think I could and probably should have read something better with the time I spent in the VN. I tried to re-read it a couple months back with the realta nua patch and I couldn't stand it. Zero still held up on rewatches, though. The UBW anime was garbo

>casually reccomending an over a million word VN

You guys are honestly just plain stupid

Again: in the case of Fate, it's needless. In the case of something literally inaccessible like Mahoyo or KT or Tsukihime, anyone may need help.

How is Tsukihime more inaccessible than fate, it's exactly the same thing.
Mahoyo is just not translated, aside from that the same again and for KT you just google a chart.
I can not think of a single situation where one would need help to get into something, because there was always somebody that was first that could not have had help, and if that person could do it, anybody can.

You're not trolling very hard. I mean, from this point out you could be but, as of now, you're not.

Let me just clarify this: if you cannot stomach that VN, you're not going to stomach anything of else of Nasu's, because that is how Nasu writes.

It was easy back when there was only one (1) main series and possibly a parody. Now we have fucking re-releases, a straight up redo of a movie that doesn't exist, spin-offs, a prequel that most likely kick-started the 2010's Fate train, a sequel that most people never heard of, and tons of fucking games. Not only that, but everyone is implying that all of Nasu's shit takes place in the same universe, which is absurd because Nasu's rules are wildly inconsistent across different works.

The anime adaptations are pretty good though (except the UBW movie). Even DEEN/Stay Night isn't a bad watch. It's possible that one can enjoy the adaptations and not enjoy the VN.

The thing with F/SN is that, while it's not worth reading in its entirety for most purposes except specifically wanting to read F/SN, the couple of pearls it has don't really show in the anime, while its flaws are accentuated. Granted, that's mostly due to how much the VN relied on Shirou's long-ass monologues, repeating flashbacks a million times over and plot points which don't get developed until the next route, but if you want a "proper" introduction to the franchise you either bite the bullet or get mocked in Sup Forums for not reading it

You just need to look at the timeline, read the VN that was released as the first entry and after that you can distinguish re-releases and shit like that very easily. This is true for any series or franchise.

>a straight up redo of a movie that doesn't exist
what

Do people who read the VN blind with no prior knowledge of anything Fate related still exist?

I've had it weird.
0. Know spoilers about Fate route and FSN in general.
0.5. Watch Prillya and Prillya 2wei.
1. Watch ufo's UBW.
2. Read only HF route.
2.5. Watch Prillya 3rei.
4. Watch FZ.
5. Read FSN from start to finish.
6. Currently reading FHA, FSF and watching FA.

DEEN made a ridiculously short movie adaptation of UBW some time ago. Almost nobody ever talks about it now since ufotable's UBW exists.

Alright. There's one remaining problem. This concerns the up-to-date-ness of the Mahoyo installation instructions.

After mounting, installing, and unmounting the Mahoyo ISO found at 's link, the instructions tell the user to:
>Copy "patch.xp3" and "patch.xp3.sig" into Documents\TYPE-MOON\魔法使いの夜\patches
No such folder exists. Neither before nor after installation of the files was such a folder created. What is the missing link, or links? Does anyone know anymore?

I will write a proper guide on how to install Mahoyo if I can successfully install it here and now. But, in order to do so, I still need help.

Since people are having problems with getting Tsuki to work or something I uploaded the version that I got from Sup Forums
mega.nz/#!BV0BFCaQ!fuPFHlXI7tgytfP4VIMCZTp7d2oMQc0ccZ72yt3Appk
It got Tsuki, Plus Disc and KT

You can't mount the image in w10 for some reason, I've tried with multiple programs, just get one of the preinstalled ones.
Here you go:
mega.nz/#F!h51nzC6S!5T9zfPETV764eJNx5YHu5A

Just extract and play.

I'm not using Windows 10. I'm using Windows 7.
Do you know how that might affect my installation attempts with Mahoyo? I have a functional version of the base game of Tsukihime now, so that is beginning to take prevalence.

>No such folder exists. Neither before nor after installation of the files was such a folder created. What is the missing link, or links? Does anyone know anymore?
Create it yourself maybe

It is told in legend that it is created by the installation process. Equally, it is told in the installation process that it is created by the installation process.

Where are you searching it? Documents?
Try using the search function, maybe it's somewhere else

>I'm not using Windows 10. I'm using Windows 7.
That's weird, I only remember having that error you showed after I switched to W10, anyway, just get the preinstalled version, the one I linked should work fine.

>Do you know how that might affect my installation attempts with Mahoyo?
No idea, never tried to install that one as it's not fully translated as far as I know.

> I have a functional version of the base game of Tsukihime now
When you run that, make sure that you see a prologue before the main menu if you don't, it means that it's not a fresh install, I seem to recall the Fuwanovel downloads of Tsuki and FSN had that problem.

Search the archives.

Tsukihime, Tsukihime PLUS-DISC, Kagetsu Tohya, Genshi Doumei and Fool's Errand
mega.nz/#F!h51nzC6S!5T9zfPETV764eJNx5YHu5A
mediafire.com/folder/ze6vafvk6lizb/moon
mofumoe.org/content/tsukihime-plus-disc
mofumoe.org/content/kagetsu-tooya

The _moon.txt file in the mega folder has links to bunch of other stuff as well.

>make sure that you see a prologue before the main menu
Yup, got that. Worked perfectly.

>Where are you searching it? Documents?
Yes. Moreover - there is no such folder as Documents. There is "My Documents", but not "Documents".
>Try using the search function, maybe it's somewhere else
I would not know what to search for. The installer, in Japanese, only says that it is going to install some of the game's files in that location. It does not specify what those files would be.
The only other location in which it installs files is Program Files/TYPE-MOON/魔法使いの夜. Though, within that folder, there is not a subfolder called "Patches" as is predicted by the installation instructions.txt.

>I would not know what to search for
You can search for folders too, so try the name the instruction tells you

> Program Files/TYPE-MOON/魔法使いの夜
also it may be that one, you can try create it yourself anyway and move does patch files in there, see if it works

I did. I searched 魔法. Nothing beyond the files which I initially downloaded and the files which exist in Program Files/ came up.

YUME NE MI NE TA

Did so. Followed all instructions as if the Program Files location was the Documents location. Got the game in Japanese.

it's almost like something called ''Google'' exist somewhere on the internet

But no, that must be only a legend

I have now copy-pasted all of the language patch files into every possible location within all of the folders and directories related to the installation. The game continues to function in Japanese.

Where did you get the game and instructions?

Which Tsukihime is best neko?

watch ulimited blade works.

that's all, really.

Instructions and patches from here.
mega.nz/#F!loBEBJDB!LMlgzDXX_ZnnRtnKFbXhQQ

The game itself from here:
nyaa.si/view/315840

As you can see, the instructions are out-of-date and *wrong*.

So you did this?
Put them in the savedata>patches folder?
The pic from before said only "patches" folder, did you miss a step?

forgot pic

The novel is pretty chill and has good atmosphere. You can get through it in a week if you aren't an illiterate ape.

Wow, Sieg must be a dicklet if she's only using one hand.

Nah, the anime feels pretty hollow since half of the shit is literally happening inside Shirou's head and you're missing all of that.

Ah, I was mistaken; that's not where I got the instructions from. God only knows where I got the instructions from, now, but these are the instructions. I have already posted them in the thread, you know.

Have you tried those then?

Play Fate/Extra or just wait for the anime? Also I've read the VN and watched Zero, and still it feels like I don't know 99% of the current fate characters, is F/GO becoming a must play too?