NuNihei

Is there any hope that he returns to his older, messier, darker Biomega/Abara style after Apple-Simz? I think it's the leap from his endearing almond-eyed, fish-lensed faces to the generic modern faces that jar me the most.

Other urls found in this thread:

wm.com/us
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/133320264
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why moeshit always killed everything

>Is there any hope that he returns to his older style?
Is there any hope that he will fail to make money off of his new shit?
The answers are the same.

Its not the character design that irks me - its the background shading. If you follow Knights of Sidonia from the beginning, it become really apparent that his legendary background art has been whitewashed. In the last volumes tge space even toned gray.

I doubt it. On one hand, his new style works well for what he's doing now. On the other hand, it's complete shit, but I doubt that he thinks that way.

I mean just fucking look. Same. Artist.

Moe is always the future. Made in Abyss is Blame! with cute lolis, for example.

fuck, this gif is great

nah he lost his mojo.

This.
He changed his artstyle.
He realized most love his new style plebs and the darker backgrounds are more a pain in the ass to draw, and you know Nihei can be a lazy bum, like using clouds or stuff to cover areas he doesn't want to draw.
So for him it's win-win to keep the new style, even if it's betraying older fans.

Art style aside, is Apozimz any good? The plot outline sounds like Blame.

Sidonia's ending paired with what we learned about his home life put me off of reading anything new he makes, and I'd like to imagine I'm not the only one who lost their faith in him.

yes

I know the author wasn't changed, the problem is he went full moeshit

name one moeshit show that has a plot
name one show that ripped off eva scene that has a plot
name one show that set in highschool with beta mc and a bunch of muh hot girls, haremshit, cliche, archetype, etc that has a plot
protip: you can't

>what we learned about his home life

que?

His daughter basically told him she hated Sidonia and that he should write something similar to Shingeki no Kyojin. Sidonia ended very hurriedly shortly after that.

Doubt it. Sidonia was arguably his best received work at large and I imagine art style had a lot to do with that when it comes to your average reader.

>quick reply still broken
Wonderful.

>Sidonia is basically SnK with space mechs
>she hates it

Nothing of the sort happened. In the August of 2013, she said that he should draw 'something interesting' which was similar to Shingeki no Kyojin. Sidonia no Kishi ended in the September of 2015.

>make manga for your daughter
>she has absolute shit taste
what a tragedy

>quick reply still broken
You mean how legacy captcha sometimes won't load, or something else?

Nihei is suffering from Dirty Old Man Syndrome. He's tired of his earlier, edgier and more daring works and just wants to live out his later years drawing cute girls who do cute things. We've seen this all before:

>Frank Miller
>Miura
>Alan Moore

Just let the man enjoy his old age.

He's like 45. You can say that crap about Toriyama or whoever, but not Nihei.

DOMS can strike at any time.

His character art is ok. leagues above to the stuff at the beginning of Blame, though I wish he'd go back to more detailed background art. It's so much simplified that it looks more like he's cutting corners than it being a distinctive art style.

So where can I even find this? All I've found is Amazon and pay sites and I'm not ready to commit to dropping money on this.

wm.com/us

Cool man thanks.

That's bullshit man.

Everyone knows he lost his edge because his daughter blew him the fuck out with what she said to him.

>Sidonia is basically SnK with space mechs
No user SnK is Sidonia on earth, the irony of this whole situation is off the charts.

Biomega is his best form, I think. Needs more bears.

he need to save money for his daughter college

>dude never watch princess tutu

His older "art" looks like shit.

this is probably due to his transition from pen/paper to photoshop and then touch screen

holy shit that gif's dope

>He changed his artstyle.
>He realized most love his new style plebs
>implying early Sidonia art was bad

that accully look better than the netflix 3dcg film
Polygon is a mistake

people ITT is screaming about moe shit and white washing

the real problem is Nihei want to sell some figure

he need money for his daughter

He will never return to his old style because it looked like shit and he knows it, many of his early stylistic choices were made because he was an ameteur. Late biomega, early sidonia was best, his current stuff is still better than 98% of the generic garbo we usually get.

>his current stuff is still better than 98% of the generic garbo we usually get.
Apozimz look like shit when compare to shit like goblin slayer

Goblin slayer looks the same as every other manga, it's generic on every level.

>it's generic on every level.
it the same for Apozimz

why don't you kill yourselves already

fucking contrarian donuts

Nihei draws stuff he wants to draw. Let the man enjoy himself.

If you're not into weird girls doing weird things then I don't know what to say.

>moe face = 100% generic
His sense of design, setting, environments, line art, scale, all unique. I can spot Nihei stuff from a mile off, I can even see his influence on younger western artists in the concept art industry because of how fresh his style is.

im so fucking bored of the hive mind manga style ill take amateur garbage as long as its different.

It's also semi-coherent unlike any of his previous works.

You're not really trolling anyone, you know.

I'm enjoying Aposimz a bit, it's def not blowing my mind like Blame! & Biomega did though.

Yes, compared to previous works like Blame and Biomega even earlier Sidonia art is bland and uninspired.

Yeah if you compare APOSIMZ to early Sidonia his new style has definitely gotten better

Did aposimz skip an issue last month? Still wondering what was up with that.

Maybe Nihei's sick. Maybe he's dead, and we just haven't heard yet.

Ahh, to dream.

I know nothing about this series, but honestly think that OP pic looks better.

>has a plot
Is this a new meme? I can't name any anime that doesn't have a plot.

May as well add Asano Inio to the list,
>went from Nijigahara to Oyasumi Punpun
>to the CGDC "genre" in the scifi slice of life Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction
Cute girls simply are marketable and sell nowadays.

>MC gets cucked at the end of Sidonia
I'll never forgive Nihei

APOSIMZ right now has more potential than Sidonia if you ask me.

Also the moe part isn't the problem. It's the fact that his line art has become less detailed and he stopped using black. I still love his designs.

I thought nobody ripped it is all. Chapter 7 is up on Comixology.

Nihei USED to draw what he like.

Now that his daughter fucked up him psychologically, he is trying to please her before he seppuku.

So how far is the scanlation of aposimz?
So far i have only seen the translated pilot and a lot of raw's here on Sup Forums

>Available on September 25 2017
Looks like #7 will be out tomorrow.

The manga doesn't follow up on the pilot though.

Currently 6 chapters. 7th tomorrow.

Not scanlation. It's done by some company.

>"Reality is tough, so read this manga about cute girls and feel better. I realized how important that is after watching K-On! (laugh) Girls having fun is cute, and cute is something that needs no explanation — that’s what’s so great about it. That’s all I need, I’ve decided." -Asano

Though, wouldn't you have believed me if I had attributed that to Miura?

posting rare nihei

Shouldn't that make shading less of a hassle? Since you don't have to mess around with cutting out screentones?

"Rare Nihei" would be like that collab doujin that he did once in like 2013 that was for sale on ebay for like $300. There was a single, paper copy being sold there, and I think it was already somewhat worn out. I'm still haunted by the thought, sometimes; wondering whatever the hell became of it. There was that one guy (I think in a scanlation thread?) who was super desperate to see to it that someone would purchase and scan it, and nobody ever did; as far as I know.

I'll have to find that thread in the archives; it was really bizarre.

I really dont care as much about his character designs as I do about his backgrounds and architecture, I'm afraid that his architectural style is deteriorating in detail.

Cibo was already moe as fuck you uncultured swine, kill yourself.

While looking for that thread, I found something of greater importance, which I had forgotten about: the thread with the guy who went to the Nihei Q&A in Italy a few years ago.

And I quote:
>When asked about the themes and art switch from Blame! to Sidonia, he mentioned instead his parents and his friends.
>Literally "when I finished Blame, my parents and friends told me they didn't understand anything. So I tried to make something simpler with Biomega. When I showed them they said they didn't understand anything again. So I made Sidonia, and when I showed them they said "yeah, it's a bit more clear, but I didn't really understand well"."

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/133320264

Except it does?

It does not. He's talking about Ningyou no Kuni; not the first chapter of the manga.

>being surrounded by idiots has ruined Nihei's work

It does seem to follow the one-shot though with some time-skip. It had Titania protecting the core from humans, the doll disease and the existence of artifacts. The manga just happens after Titania has been pushed back by a stronger organization than the one in the one-shot, though he might have retconned some details that I don't remember anymore.

Is there a reason why his line art and coloring is so unfinished in these? It looks like he's trying to merge messy and clean style at the same time, I don't dig it

He's a dime a dozen sci-fi artist, the only thing you can identify is his bland same faces.

>seems to follow the one-shot though with some time-skip ... The manga just happens after Titania has been pushed back by a stronger organization than the one in the one-shot
Yes, but that's not really "following the pilot". Ningyou no Kuni ends with Titania saving some guy. Aposimz begins with a new set of characters and a different protagonist.

If it can be said that it doesn't matter when it takes place, in relation to the one-shot, it can't be said to be following the one-shot. It's simply "sharing a setting".

When the hell did Killy become a construction worker?

Minimum trolling

Replace K-On!! With idolM@ster and sure as hell sound like it is coming from Miura's mouth.

I saw it as a prologue to introduce the setting and one of the main characters (though not the main combat mechanics yet). Even in the first chapter it seemed that the black haired guy who protected her would be the main character, so Nihei did play with that twice before getting to the actual one.

I actually really really like his new artstyle.

t. pleb

I gotta know your reasons please.

He failed on the first step, asking for people to understand you is a mistake, it's like having expectations, the only thing that can come from it is misery.

>His normie friends and family ruined him

not him and i'm not going to defend every single drawing but his art feels pretty clean even when the enviros get real complex (this is incredibly rare), both his design and line art feel really confident. Nice management of detail in his panels/ design and, the flat shading has a cool graphic quality to it.

The lack of ink has its own unique charm the same way his ink vomit had its own feel.

>The lack of ink has its own unique charm the same way his ink vomit had its own feel.
I agree. The latter is obviously better, but I don't think the almost sparse/nonexistent use of black/ink actually works really well in almost the opposite way the latter did.

It works for the frozen metal look he's going for in Aposimz I guess

Why weren't there any chapters in the last view months? Is Nihei on vacation?

It worked well in Sidonia too, which never seemed to want to feel as crazy and cluttered and intense as the enviros/creatures/characters in his previous works.

come to hawaii

>Nihei is ruined by normalfag friends and family

>bitching about normalfags
>while posting SnK, his most normalfag manga

user, you ARE the normalfags

It's not like there's any other Nihei page on which a character commits suicide.

>posting an artist's work in his thread is wrong

All nihei worst sound like blame, he only change the background (or not if he need to put the toma heavy industry in the background)

>Late biomega, early sidonia was best

Wrong as shit. Early Sidonia was literally just a rewrite of Blame! Academy to appeal to harem fans.

Late Biomega was also a mess. Early Biomega (pre-spaceworm) was classic Nihei with the maximum amount of polish.

Why fail to acknowledge Abara? I find that early Abara is the work in which Nihei's art style is the most typified, and is also close to its best. Just look at this.

fuck off kill yourself deepshit normalfag