Wait, people like Gintama's serious arcs?

Wait, people like Gintama's serious arcs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=51vgQTtl0YY
youtube.com/watch?v=ssEwGB_qs7o
bato.to/reader#fae9eb307fda88dc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes we do

Yes, sorry to burst your bubble.

Popularity arc was the only good shit.

Aren't they just filler while the author tries to think of new jokes?

Wait, people like Gintama?

Fuck off, they're generally great.
But I assume that comedy arcs are better though

youtube.com/watch?v=51vgQTtl0YY
youtube.com/watch?v=ssEwGB_qs7o
I AM SHOCK

because when the series gets serious its quite good

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought the serious arcs were trash

Most of the them are pretty bad, but the last episode of the courtesan of a Nation arc legitimately was one of the only anime moments to make me cry

I think a few were good, but there's only so many times you can see the same basic plot where Gintoki gets the shit beaten out of him and then he beats the person who beat the shit out of him despite already being injured. The more recent ones are a bit hamfisted even if they haven't been doing the above.

I've been curious about Gintama

What is the ratio of comedy to serious? I like a good mix of both in my shonen, like Ippo. Has fights, then in between fights where it's funny gag stuff in their gym

70% comedy / 30% serious episodes that still have comedy bits in them.

Dick jokes: the anime

They are genuinely worse written than Naruto, Bleach, etc but somehow being surrounded by comedy makes people completely forget what a good battle shounen is like.

God, I remember the last one I bothered to watch, that fight between Gintoki and Takasugi was utter garbage. It was just them constantly falling and getting back up through muh willpower over and over and over. Never mind interesting choreography, strategy, meaningful dialogue, or saving the muh willpower moments for when they actually have emotional impact.

It's not nearly as funny as Ippo to be honest.

There's no gym. The serious stuff tends to be sequestered from the comedy episodes but still have jokes in them.

it got worst when they change director

the new season was garbage for sure

I watch Gintama for the serious arcs, they're great.

The comedy portions are nice comedy too.

Yes, they are pretty good

I think Gintama is just popular because of Tomokazu Sugita. Without him, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it is now.

Seriously it's just the same shonen shit repeating for 600 episodes. At least Detective Conan has something going on like daily murder investigation.

It's funny. That's really all there was to it. Gintama was always fairly well-liked even before the anime started airing. And if you wanna talk repetitive story arcs, then One Piece and the like aren't much better. It's typical shonen.

What? It wasn't until relatively now than less than 10% of Gintama was shonen shit.
It was just episodic comedy.

Stop posting about shit you've never watched. You haven't seen either of those.

This is why I don't like Shonen that much either. Only shonen I liked was Yu Yu hakusho and FMA.

I don't believe that. If it was just episodic comedy, consecutive seasons of Gintama wouldn't have occupied the top10 list of MAL. Plus I heard there are series of arc like One Piece and Naruto.

I guess I just don't like the drawing style of Shonen either.

Quit assuming I never watched it. I think 40 episodes are enough to judge the quality of the anime. Goddamn, even Cross Game had a lot more laugh out of me.

>If it was just episodic comedy, consecutive seasons of Gintama wouldn't have occupied the top10 list of MAL.
How is that relevant to anything? Gintama MAL fans always rate highly its seasons so they get to the top, it doesn't mean shit.
Doesn't change the fact that if you pick a random Gintama episode, odds are you're going to get an episodic, comedic one.

So you never watched either, got it.

Goddamn you get salty over a negative opinion of series of some stranger, got it.

Does everyone knows from what arc this is from?
This from the Gintama twitter account, btw

Ramen Zura

Ikr, I wonder who enjoy this piece of garbage :/

I always knew that Sup Forums was board filled with plebs.

No, I'm salty that you're misrepresenting a good show to fans of another good show. Quit being such a piece of shit and go back to one cour Sup Forums bait seasonal threads where you belong.

Gintama is 90% comedy 10% serious arcs. And most of those serious arcs are bad. But people like those arcs, they like them so much that they're willing to rate gintama so high on fucking MAL, the site that you shouldn't even care about.
And what the hell do you mean by drawing style? You think the same artist is working on all those series? Are you extremely ignorant or just new to anime?

And you get salty for being called out on your bullshit, got it.

>same shounen shit
Yeah, this clearly demonstrates your knowledge of the source material. I'm sure that lonely bed you sleep in every night isn't your fault at all because everyone loves a contraian liar wit a shitty personality.

Its everyone else who's to blame, right?

I wish Gintama did MORE serious arcs, I really love seeing Gintoki shit on people. There should be a samurai series similar to Gintama's serious arcs.

>Oi Zura

>JUSTAWAY

Never followed the anime so I can't speak to any arcs there (I assume all the filler is comedy and not serious) but while the comedy was why Gintama was my all-time favorite manga for a while, the serious arcs are what made the manga so endearing...otherwise it could have just been a new manga with a different cast every chapter

For the record, except for this last few years after Chapter 500 where Gorilla is doing his best to tie up every loose end and do things justice at the cost of a lot of the original comedy, before then, serious arcs and comedy arcs were always the same thing since arcs were filled with comedy even when they were extremely serious like the fighting of the two wizard clans being filled with stuff like ripping out Gin's testicles to use as weapons, Shinpachi falling in love with Pandemonium-san and a whole conspiracy to sabotage the weather girl

But yes, generally the all-time best arcs are the more serious ones, but what made Gintama so great was even the longest arcs were like five chapters so you could always get something fresh

Guardian Spirits arc to be confirmed also

Looking forward to be next week

SHINPACHI

Zura janai, Katsura da!

And Gura for finishing

Aside from the recent ones? Yeah. They're fast paced and the battles are very raw due to the lack of special techniques and such. It also makes the few special techniques introduced stand out more due to that.

The recent long serious arcs are pretty mediocre though, both from problems with the source (way too many "important" battles close to each other and which flow fairly similarly) and with the new director for the anime - less blood and actual impact, more generic "energy waves" from the strikes, something the previous team only used in very rare moments to make them stand out, like the move that took out Housen. The impact waves form the manga were previously portrayed in the anime generally as blasts of wind coming from the impacts, rather than the characters projecting what's basically ki blasts from their strikes.

>Guardian Spirits arc tvc

Fucking yes

New chapter is out, btw...
bato.to/reader#fae9eb307fda88dc