ITT: things you are surprised manga/anime writers didn't try to copy yet

ITT: things you are surprised manga/anime writers didn't try to copy yet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DFSPWKvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's usually the other way around.

why the fuck would they copy watchmen of all things

why would the nips copy capeshit deconstruction when capeshit is a western thing?

Evangelion did it first.

cuz its kewl

>anime equivalent of watchmen

Go watch Getter Robo Armageddon.

Japan has their own deconstructions of different anime genre, they dont have a need to copy western deconstructions.

>watchmen 1986
>evangelion 1996
What did he mean by this?

>about western media and the cold war
Gee, I wonder why the nips weren't more interested.

When are we going to get an anime about Vampires during the Nanking Massacre?

frank miller is a hack

Deconstruction overload. It would be too much to handle for the feeble nippon minds

tags: isekai

It's gonna be another Shiki and the vampire loli is gonna survive at the end, no thank you.

>what is Concrete Revolutio

The closest thing is Concrete Revolutio. It mixes development of pop culture with real political events from the 60s and 70s, eventually leading to a completely fictional conflict building on that.

Although it's really more similar to Marvel's Squadron Supreme, since the character types are played straight (characters have actual super powers from various sources based on 60s/70s manga, anime and tokusatsu), just in a more gray setting that isn't tied to status quo, rather than the characters themselves being more gritty and realistic.

Alan Moore is a time traveler.

Danganronpa 1 was that, I guess, with some mix-in of Battle Royale, Ace Attorney, and Saw.

Wizards can't time travel you idiot.

He did nothing wrong.

isn't concrete revolutio supposed to be a watchmen copy?

I have only watched some clips with outstanding animation fo concrete revolution but i still don't give it a shot
Is it worth to watch?

not really, japs are always looking at western media for ideas

Its usually the other way around

Didn't you watch Code Geass?

Yes

If only nips were interested in coming-of-age.

Get the fuck out ya disgusting nerds

Isn't he a little old to come of age?

frank miller has made some of the greatest comic books of all-time western or japanese.

Not really

No it's not anime as we know it today would not exist without disney.

>namefag

The hell you talking about?

>what is every iconic western film made in the last 50 years

>Watchmen

Gatchmen youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DFSPWKvo

I mean factually, literally untrue given the influence early Western animation had on Japanese manga and anime.

But in terms of like, Image comics today, sure. Obviously they owe a huge debt to manga, and are not really able to replicate what they try to.

Boku no Capeshit
The Reflection

It's more of an exchange of ideas.

Comic Kino > Nip Manga meant for kids

I don't actually think MHA is as close to Western cape comics and particularly X-Men as people say. X-Men had strong SoL elements and a real focus on social issues in its most famous runs; MHA has some of that but the social problems are really mostly resolved.

I dunno. I've been through phases when I read more Western stuff and where I read more manga. Now I just try to treat them both as comics. Manga beats the shit out of even France in terms of genre diversity though, that's for sure.

the only influence boku no capeshit takes from actual capeshit is character design and perhaps society. otherwise its just a fucking bland, generic 'everybody has fucking superpowers' shounen

20th century boys is a copy of It,

How exactly?

japanese fresh prince of bel-air when?

It's called Neo Yokio. Has Will Smith's son, after all.

I wait for someone say a MANGA BETTER THAN WATCHMEN,I will wait.
Remember:story,art,characters.

Wait,but it´s shonen or seinen?
shonen=jojo part 4
seinen=berserk

>What is Hiatus x Hiatus?

Fuck off back to you disgusting capeshit faggots

>shonen=jojo part 4

Manga? None.

No.