No atmosphere

>no atmosphere
>no magnetosphere
>frozen
>low g

Why do people hype this planetlet so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1nZn3gMHPxg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dome cities faggot

theres no niggers there. yet

Name a better spot to live in our solar system(other than Earth).

And it does have a tiny atmosphere. Not much, but enough to matter.

Luna
>Much closer.
>Needs to be developed before we colonize mars.
>Fuel Sources.
>Only 3 days away if something goes wrong.
>No weather.

It's close and full of iron, if we manage to get to sane interstellar travel (as in, be home within a decade so you don't completely miss your children growing up) all the ships will be built on Mars from filtering iron from Mars dirt.

Bioforming > terraforming

youtube.com/watch?v=1nZn3gMHPxg

Popular culture dating back from XVIII century.

NEXT THREAD ON THIS TOPIC WILL BE TOMORROW AT 10PM GMT

WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TONIGHT BUT I WAS BUSY

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Mars is for the cucklets and shitlibs. The true WHITE man knows that Titan is HIS place in the solar systems. The WHITE man will prosper in such a glorious planet, with oceans of fuel and fertile plains.
The mods will HIDE this from you, for every sane man knows TITAN is his homeland, where the white man came from

A remnant of mankind lies on the shores of Titan. Soon the WHITE man will greet the metal fellow, and under the protective rings, achieve celestial nirvana.

Venus might be fun. We might not even be able to survive for long periods under weak Martian gravity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus

>the chad lifemaker vs the virgin spaceball

This.
It's even a better option than towing asteroids to Earth to mine.
Mars is useless right now. You need a low g mining station in order to properly build transplanetary vessels. They would obviously never actually land on anything. You would use smaller shuttle pods for that which would be stored in the hangers of the main vessel.
You're fucking stupid, fyi

because its fucking dead and we have no idea (supposedly thunders from the sun, as stated in mythology mars was struck in the face w lightning and became scarred)

There's 99.9% chance Mars had life

>even lower g
>no atmosphere
>no magnetosphere

X
DOUBT

It's not to live on. It's to mine.

Sauce?

>fertile plains
You know that the "rock" or surface is majority ice right user? Meaning if you heat it up to the temperature that is needed to grow stuff it would turn into water.

>it would turn into water
Literally nothing wrong with that, unless it's methane. In that case, more fuel

fuck it, posting thread tonight
contribution welcome

Mars is practice, Venus is the real prize

A fat load of good attempting to terraform anything would do when we can't even have a proper space station or low g mining operation. Of course terraforming could take thousands of years so I could be wrong.

Hey... I just realized something. Elon Musk is building heavy lifter rockets that can take lots of heavy equipment to mars. He sent a tesla, an electric vehicle, to mars. Electric vehicles do not need oxygen to run, and his development of tesla is not for people on Earth, but to be the primary above ground transport on Mars. He is deceiving us.

Now, secretly developing a mars car is not illegal or a bad thing. However, that is only the begining. He developed the Boring company in order to build hyper loop systems. Hyper loop systems are great systems in low pressure environments... like the moon or... atmosphere of mars. Open air hyper loops are very fast. He is secretly developing a train system for his martian colony....

Now, you are probably wondering how he would build a mars colony. Well, what do you get when you have a small, lightweight tunneling vehicle that can fit on a heavy lifter rocket? Martian tunnel colonies. Elon Musk is secretly developing technologies for underground martian colonies with hyperloops that connect them all. Hyperloops are run via magnets, and we know what magnets do. How will those magnets be powered? Lithium Ion battery banks.

Now, this would not be too bad. Luxury cruise liners built on mars wouldn't be too bad. But here's the kicker. The Boring company has developed inexpensive and economical flamethrowers. Do you know what this means?

That's right. There are aliens living underground on mars. When Elon goes there to build his colonies, he will give out the flame throwers to the colonists to fight the insectoid alien hordes that will no doubt be infesting the tunnels. He is prepared to fight to victory. That, and his brother is developing highly efficient indoor farming techniques that could be used to farm renewable bio fuel and food for the flamethrowers and colonists. They will be able to fight the aliens indefinitely. It won't be long until the underground war is brought to the surface, where the colonists will ride in their teslas and run down the remaining alien scourge in those new, and very functional space suits.

Elon Musk intends to have victory. And when he does have victory, you will see a military force on Mars armed with boring flamethrowers in boring tunnels on boring hyperloops... hyperloops that can be built up the side of a martian mountain to magnetically launch fleets of starships into space. SPACE!!!! Starships run with big rockets, big lithium Ion batteries, and SPACE FLAME THROWERS!!!

Do you know what this means?

The Illuminati can have the Earth. The Martian Imperial Battle Fleet shall rule the stars, and Elon Musk will be its king.

>find a spot in space
>build a station
>rotate it to simulate gravity
>repeat until the solar system is full

Lack of gravity will ruin anyone living in mars

So, you asy why people are so interested in Mars?

That is why. The first man who makes it to mars is the first to defeat the Illuminati.

>inexpensive and economical flamethrowers
No, what does it mean?

Yeah, enough to matter. Enough to fuck everything up with storms and make living there a pain in the dick

Venus. Get a type of airborne Algea that can survive in the acidic atmosphere, and there is enough stuff there to get it terraformed in about 1000 years.

Your gonna have to get over your fear of Hurricanes eventually.

Read next half here.

Too hot

>Martian Imperial Battle Fleet
You can't build that shit on the surface of a planet, you need an orbital drydock. Even the moon's gravity is too strong for building any sort of sizable space vessel.

How the fuck do you plant things in "soil" that is water ice, when it turns to a liquid from heating it up?

>implying the hurricane didn't turn me on
You forgot what site this was, eh?

High altitude at the same pressure as Eath Atmosphere is good temperature.

There are already bacteria that can thrive in acid pools at near the boiling point of water.

If you can breed a form of bacteria that can survive in the heat and acid of Venus, you might be able to splice them with plant DNA to feed off the acids in the atmosphere and photosynthesize food. The problem is getting them airborne and keeping them airborne at the proper altitude.

Perhaps there is a tall enough mountain range where it is cool enough to plant these in the ground.

Europa has atmosphere.

Duckweed and genetically modified algae makes soil absolutely unnecessary. With the proper generic aterations, seaweed and algae could supply all nutrient requirements

>calling it luna

Magnetic launch systems and rockets.

It's all about colonizing Vesus.

wut? dig down and faraday cage nigger

It would crumble under it's own weight. You need to build space vessel in a 0g environment. Unless of course it's a dinky little ferry shuttle, in which case is it still completely useless without a mothership or spacestation to dock too.

>Fuel sources
Mars has frozen ice, which can be made into O2 to breath and water.

Venus will be the religious center, an allusion to heaven. As for colonization, there is only so much a blimp could do

>not calling it luna
back to Sup Forums you saltlick ^:)

Space X reusable rocket systems with magnetic launch assist can assemble minor components into a singular major mass. They can launch the core vessel separate from the SPACE FLAME THROWERS.

You need energy to split water molecules, genius. Deuterium is on the moon. Not mars.

>-243 degrees
No thanks.

are there really idiots on here that think we can stop the jews from boarding? we'll be fucked if its by money

I wonder how much material could be mined from the moon and brought to earth before detrimental consequences.

Do you know how outrageously expensive digging down to build anything is? People will have to deal with the weather. Just getting equipment down there to dig anything but some basic foundations would need so many explosives, you might as well strap a nuke to the rocket.

>>Needs to be developed before we colonize mars.
I disagree

It's gonna need a name eventually
One they we will be looking at many moons and will be living on many earths

Luna and Terra will become suitable replacements

Airships could be the beds for hanging gardens. Get a large enough nutrient bed, and plant things like vines or ivy that dangle down towards the surface.

The acidic lower atmosphere would provide nutrients and there should be airborne water vapor in the clouds if we find a plant that can take it, splice the DNA, make sure it can take the water in the form of vapor...

You have oxygen producing balloons.

Correct, but only for the building of the preliminary orbital drydock. After that is done it's smooth sailing for any contruction/spacemining project. After the orbital drydock is complete space x rockets will be obsolete.
>They can launch the core vessel separate from the SPACE FLAME THROWERS.
stop being retarded. this is serious business. With issues that can only be solved with the help of the brilliant minds of Sup Forums.

>something bad happens to our sun, planet, or galaxy
>all of humanity is wiped away

We need to go galactic. And cure mortality. The fact that our generation will probably be the last to die of old age at 70 is a fucking travesty.

No you just need electricity, which is easy to produce on Mars.

You can disagree all you want, but you're still wrong and don't can't even state reasons to support why you disagree.
Order of Events:
-use spacex rockets to assemble an orbital drydock
-use drydock to build mining and transportation vessels
-mine the moon
-Build bigger transportation vessels
-use resources to build orbital stations around terraforming prospects.
-build drydock->planetary surface ferry shuttles
-terraform and colonize
Notice how terraform and colonize is last on the list? Probably not, because you're a fucking idiot.

Oh yea? tell me how you're gonna do that. Oh, oh you can't? what? you're gonna make solar panels? how many solar panels are you gonna pull out of ass on mars? Tell me how effective they will be?

>bottom right of planet just have huge squares of black where i guess mars missing south pole now

Europa

Look, of course everything will take steps. Space flame throwers are much larger than boring flame throwers. Of course there will be economies of scale to worry about in both the financial and engineering sense.

Magnetic launch assist to aid in the hauling materials into orbit for the space docks will be necessary. Smaller vessels for the carrier fleets would still be built on the surface of mars in mass and launched in mass to meet with their carrier, which will be built in orbit.

You will have large carriers that carry small space flamethrower fighter wings as well as space flamethrower cruiser types. Of course, the flag ships with the mega space flame throwers would be a massive undertaking, but the Imperium of Mars will be run with many automated industrial systems. The works of few can be multiplied indefinitely when done properly.

The initial battle fleet will be made up of small vessels to defend the space dock while the main fleet is being built.

because it doesn't exist.

Is this a fact or are you just taking some speculation and wording as if it is a fact?

take your car up there. unless your a bong.

Elon Musk did it. How hard can it by?

>space flame throwers
lol
You mean liquid fuel rocket engine propulsion systems, right?
I certainly hope so. ROFL. I can just imagine now some retard trying to use a flame thrower in space.

Because it has a lot of large underground pockets or some shit that can be opened and resealed and terraformed in a "short" amount of time

That is where the aliens are mining it for resources. They bite out large chunks and process it elsewhere.

At least it has an atmosphere with oxygen.
So I can take a proper gasoline powered car instead of having to take an electric toy like the cucks going to mars.

>Why do people hype this planetlet so much?
Because I want a place to live without niggers.

mars is the space nigger of planets.

north korea.

>planetlet
When will they learn ?

Venus:
>hot enough to melt lead
>weak magnetosphere
>constant volcano eruptions
>ultra-dense atmosphere
>strong acid in the air
Fuck that shit.

>galaxy

Nigga we can't leave the local group. It's literally physically impossible to do so because space expands faster than light.
The Local Group is the extent of our existence, anything else we can't interact with.

because theyre kids who think science fiction is reality.

spinning tin cans make better living spaces and we can place them anywhere we want.

Earth's flat.

You know that's cgi right?

Venus is easy. Just need to lesson the greenhouse affect, which we know how to do. Grow some trees. We just have to grow them thousands of feet above the surface of the planet where it's currently comfortable enough to grow them.

Why? Is the air different in space or something? I used a flamethrower at night when space happens the other day. It worked fine.

>I know. I am trying to be humorous here.

Still, though. Look at all the technologies Elon is investing in and developing. It is almost enough to build a complete infrastructure for Martian colonization alone.

I am taking it to its illogical extreme for laughs.

Still... I want it to be real.

Provided what we think we know to be correct is actually correct, but our current calculations don't really add up anyway, so the mysteries of physics are far from fully explored.

>Earth's flat.

Actually it's impossible because we live on a plane of existence not some round ball hurling through space at irrational rates of speed.

It is.

Instead of trees, you can do this.
Perhaps an extremophile airborne algae.

He means the retarded use of an apostrophe.

Well, as long as we fly straight up far away, we could live among the stars above us. The stars stay up there, why can't we? We just need to make sure our space ships are flat enough to simulate Earth's conditions.

There's no Jews there

reason math is almost worthless

they live in Jupiter's moons. close.

Oh. Sorry, I forgot how autistic this place is.

>It is.

Just learn English.

You can't achieve anything without making assumptions and you can't do physics without math.

Fucking morons that don't know science posting complete bullshit

>Closer is not better when you want to go FARTHER.
>We never need to touch that useless fucking rock.
>Since when? It has neither hydrogen nor hydrocarbons. No fucking dinosaurs lived on the moon dumbass. NO FUCKING OIL. NO FUCKING GASES. NO FUCKING URANIUM. It's a dead useless rock.
>Don't fucking care, and neither should you. Did people keep going to Iceland rather then go to America? It's closer in case something goes wrong...
>Weather provides protection for radiation you fucking windowlicker. Because it has a FUCKING ATMOSPHERE!