/ani/ - animation

Would you browse /ani/ - animation?
Just a board for talking about all forms of animation/animating. No talking about the characters in the show, the plots, nothing but the animation itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14005918
youtube.com/watch?v=1HmaWsj3hNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe

Nope. Not enough content for a whole board. Just make specific animation threads when you want.

strawpoll.me/14005918

>Not enough content for a whole board
And yet /po/ exists
You're acting as if anime is the only form of animation as well, you'd have 3D animators, stop motion animators, flash animators, people posting progress, asking for tips, talking about certain professional animators work, discussing upcoming movies

There are a shitload of kinds of animation, and with an animation board we could have all animators in one place. It might be slow, but there is definitely enough content to keep a board going for a long, long time

Is /3/, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /f/, /ic/, etc, not enough, bro? Enough said.

They're all spread out and mixed with a much larger concentration of people that don't give a shit about the animation itself.
How does Sup Forums have so many boards for people that love animation in different forms, but not one for actual animators to talk about animation?

Fuck off and kill yourself.

Why does this idea offend you so much user? Are you worried that people on /ani/ would make fun of your favourite animes because the animation is shit?

I guess I could make a thread on /qa/ as well, but I don't see whats wrong with asking fans of anime if they would want a board to talk about the animation in anime or making their own.

on second thought I won't be making a thread on /qa/, I haven't been on there in like a year and holy shit has it ever gone down the drain

>down the drain
I think you mean it has transcended its original useless meta shitposting purpose and has become a much better board now.

More like this? This is fucking neat. Maybe more of TTGL?

It sounds okay on paper, but it would draw in all sorts of people who can't tolerate eachother. Sup Forums (in its' current state) and Sup Forums just can't coexist.

As a fan of animation, I'd lurk both Sup Forums and Sup Forums threads because they wouldn't be about the dumb shit that makes either board kinda gay sometimes, it would just be artists talking about animating in different styles and there would be a lot to learn from both groups.

>And yet /po/ exists
/po/ may be small and slow but it fills a niche that isn't covered by any other boards. An animation board would be redundant when you could use the boards that already exist.

Wasn't there an eternal sakuga thread on the text board for this before moot killed all text boards?

Fair enough. If insiders, or potential future animators went on there it could also be interesting. Perhaps western webgen will become a thing and breathe life into a stale industry.

>slow as fuck
>forced animation memeing
>circlejerking over retro Anime
n-no thanks

>An animation board would be redundant when you could use the boards that already exist.
But 90% of the people on those boards don't care about the animation itself, they care about the characters and stories. Its hard for animators to keep a thread going for themselves because they're so outnumbered and spread out across 8 different boards

>forced animation memeing
what does this even mean?

People crossposting sabuga credit guesses from japanese twitter and making painfully obvious observations aren't personally artists like, ever.

tbqh I wouldn't really care if non-artists posted on the board, as long as they were talking about the animation.

>circlejerking over retro Anime
Not him, but you know there are other things other than old american animation and old Japanese animation, right? I want more people to get into old Soviet, and modern Russian animation.
Sorry for the bitrate-starved webm, here's the same video with a higher quality and a longer length.
youtube.com/watch?v=1HmaWsj3hNw

I would as long as it's away from the /ic/ and Sup Forums.

/ani/ will be the bridge for a better future.

That's what the sakuga general was for on the old text board, but just making animation threads on Sup Forums and Sup Forums are fine too. Interest in animation is pretty niche.

>animes
Fuck off.

Not enough demand, and even the existing craft boards are slow save for /ic/.

Jesus christ thats some juicy animation

I think it would be a cool idea for a board even if its slow, its less about meeting demand and more about serving a niche that definitely exists. I mean, they made /3/, and its not as if there were thousands of 3D modelers on Sup Forums demanding a board, it was just a niche that was there and they gave them a place to talk to each other. Sure its slow, but it serves a purpose and I think the people that use /3/ are glad that it exists now, they didn't really have a place to talk to each other before that.

It's not as flashy, but look at the Old Man and the Sea (1999), it's made by the same guy and it's about 20 minutes long. It doesn't have crazy transitions like this one, but some scenes can be wallpaper-worthy.

>Old Man and the Sea
Watched that years ago and totally forgot about it, I'll have to give it another watch a little later tonight.
I really fucking wish we had that animation board so I could find shit like this in "inspiration" threads or whatever it would have, I fucking love animation but its almost impossible to keep up with it and chat with other people that care about it on a regular basis.
I even tried making a tumblr account just to follow animators but its not really what I was looking for

Animation is really lame just make a /ma/ - manga board.

Manga is just story boards that never got animated tbqh senpai

animation thread on /ic/, faggot

Animation is just moving moreover If you're going to make a story out of it. It's a complete waste of time.