The girls are stronger than the guys in the cast

>The girls are stronger than the guys in the cast
>The guys are the butt of every jokes
>The strongest character in the show is a girl
Getting sick of these nowadays. Is it too much to ask for diversity?

Yes. Fuck off.

Maybe you should stop watching bad anime

Misandry runs rampant in anime these days. It needs to stop.

Try watching good shows maybe?

A show can be good even if it's plagued with all the shitty cliches we all make fun of here.
A show that tries something different isn't always good.

Watch shonen anime instead of otaku pandering ones

I can't tell what's worse:
Shounen cliches or haremshit cliches.

It's not that any of these shows are bad solely because of that fact, It's that they're obviously pandering to "muh feminism" and that just pisses me off.
when a guy in anime is stronger than the girls It's not like he's beating up girls and the directors are like "lol it's because men are stronk, fuck women"
I just hate the fact that that's the case, an example of strong women in anime handled well is KlK in my opinion, cause at least it wasn't like the men were weaklings and running scared.
To be honest i only really hate this kind of cliche when it's really fucking unrealistic.

To be honest Japan is one of the last countries I expect to cater to those "feminists"

the thing that makes me think that they do is the generic shows where the male MC has no power whatsoever and all the females are all overpowered in one regard or another, even konosuba and date a live (which i both like) do this way too much, no male gods/spirits, all the women are epic, and all the men are cucks.

Fucking Konosuba and Majokoi.
Especially Majikoi, the biggest offender of this.

Nearly every time this happens it's less about feminism and more about the author's tastes in women.

If you think they are pandering to feminism you understand nothing user. Anime girls being important or strong was always a way to pander to the male demographic. Who do you think idealizes characters like Saber and Rem, females?

Cute girls is just a easy way to drawn people into your show. And cute girls who are strong and can protect you is something many otaku idealize. Anime has been full of strong female characters much before this feminism shit ever started

Strong girls are just sexy.

Rem is popular with females
She came first one a poll for women

Yes, now fuck off.
>watching show for males
>girls are the focus
>watching show for females
>guys are the focus
A real mystery why is that.

I don't doubt that, but do you really think the author made Rem to pander to females? She's obviously meant to be the perfect waifu, who will always love and protect you no matter what.

I am not sure that konosuba is a good example as all the girls have at least one thing wrong with them.

Only underage babies like strong males.

Grow up.

Shonen and magical girls exist

What kind of anime do you two like? I'm sure you have some excellent taste.

This is for the otaku to self insert. It's the fantasy of a you, a useless and hopeless guy, being loved and protected by strong, beautiful girls.
As much as I like the trope of a girl protecting the guy, I think that's getting excessive lately. I can't be the only who find all those wimpy and useless protagonists crying on the girls shoulders and needing their protection fucking pathetic and a shitty influence.

It's not because of feminism though, it's just pandering to the male demographic, which consist mostly of beta males.

>This is for the otaku to self insert. It's the fantasy of a you, a useless and hopeless guy, being loved and protected by strong, beautiful girls.
Only in Japan. I want to be the strong guy who protects girls.

But people who like strong females also identify with underages, that's what my adolescent mughal reliefs taught me

So who likes weak beta males?

Stop watching LN adaptations.

Keep politics cancer out of Sup Forums. I don't want a Sup Forums 2.0.

Nothing is more pathetic than somebody who feels emasculated by anime characters, OP. How fucking insecure can you be? Holy shit.

There's many anime that pander to your mindset as well. Thing is that as the time goes on, men are turning more and more into turbo nu males betafags for many reasons, and as such, the amount of fiction pandering to this demographic is increasing, both for economical and ideological reasons, in the case of Japan more the first than the latter, while in the west it's the opposite.
Japan has more of it because Japan is generally ahead of the rest of the world in terms of post modernist trends. And in this case, because the amount of shut ins and betas there is much, much higher(42% of men between the age of 18 and 32 are still virgins there)compared to the rest of the world. But you need not to worry, give 10 years and we will be in a similar situation.

>a useless and hopeless guy
But who wants to be like that? I like strong girls and I prefer them to the average damsel in distress, so it's not like I don't get their appeal, but I expect at least a bit of competence on the MC's side.

They're not. You're just a paranoid moron who thinks everyone is out to get you, and for some reason is doing so by writing cartoons you don't like.
The kind of anime I like is irrelevant. The point is that I'm watching it, not pointlessly bitching about cliches I don't like.

Yes they do, what about it?
>complain about trope common only in bottom of the barrel haremshit
>I'm s-sure your taste is shit
Really?

>but I expect at least a bit of competence on the MC's side.
Me and you both, user. The thing is that these people are so insecure about themselves and have such a level of low self esteem that they can hardly imagine themselves in a position of power, for them, it's easier to buy into the fantasy of a girl falling from the sky and saving you from yourself and from the rest of the world. This is a ''evolution'' of the trope of the high spirited and upbeat girl saving the gloomy and boring guy from his boring life.

>watching show for males
>girls are the focus
Not in shonen

Same goes for magical girls where females are the focus and the demographic is female

What are you, a fag?

Hey now. There are some excellent harems among the pile of shit.

>he doesn't like harems
fag please go

Not him, but I would like harems more if most of their MCs weren't fucking garbage.

>beta weak mc
>his one and only power is the ability to win any fight against females
Would you watch it?

It's a good thing most harems nowadays are moving away from the Ichika or Rito types of beta MCs.

>Watching harem trash

The worst thing about this formula is that it's so incredibly easy to improve.

>The male MC is the butt of all jokes
>The female MC protects her love interest at all costs

Imagine every scene in Infinite Stratos where one of the Haremettes beats Ichika up for no reason. Now imagine that every time that happened, Chifuyu stood behind said girl cracking her knuckles because she's the only one who can hurt her otouto. Wouldn't that be much more enjoyable?

It probably wouldn't work for harems though because it'd mean committing to only one girl, as the 'guardian' would be guaranteed to win unless plot contrivances prevent her from winning (in the case above, Chifuyu's blood ties would prevent her from even entering the Ichikabowl) or the author pulls a fast one out of his ass.

> Weak ass beta mc
> his one and only power is the ability to involuntarily seduce a single female of every socioeconomic archetype
Would you watch it?

This is basically the ultimate otaku self insert.

It's a super power that is oddly specific yet all over the place.

>"I was sent to another world with the power to involuntarily seduce a single female of every socioeconomic archetype and accidentally seduced the tsundere princess whom I don't even like and she kissed me in front of the entire royal court so now all of her noble suitors want to kill me but I'm actually kind of a pussy so I have to seduce powerful adventurer girls from around the kingdom to protect myself?!"
>The new hit Light Novel from Japan!

>"This has the potential to be bigger that Evangelion"
>-ANN

>"Harem done right"
>-Mother's Basement

>"10/10, it was okay"
>IGN

Just watch Shounen dude

It's because Japan is filled with beta cuck fags and since their the people watching anime Japan has to appeal to their Dom fetish.

What's wrong with it

>Japan has to appeal to their Dom fetish
The dominant girl never wins though. It's usually the physically abusive yet romantically demure tsundere who takes the crown in harems.

Fucking hell.

The reason these characters are written as useless dumbasses is not because the self-inserting viewers WANT to be that way, it's because they ARE that way, and they simply either cannot or will not self-insert into a character that is too different from themselves (by being, say, cool or competent). If you make a decent male character, they will instead view him as an 'other' to be jealous of and hate him for all the qualities he possesses and they don't.

Clearly your imagination is simply greater than theirs, user. Alternatively I guess you've fooled yourself into thinking you're worth anything unlike the otaku who know they're worthless, either way.

Not the user you are replying to, but one distinction I would like to make is that self inserting and relating are two different things. The vast majority of people, including anime fans, don't actually ''self insert'' into characters, they just either relate to them or not.
When I watch a heroic, capable, cool and strong character on the screen, I don't necessarily think that I am like him or see myself as him, but I can at least relate to his character, because part of me wants to be cool, strong and heroic as well. Most people in the world are mediocre, and won't ever be like the heroes and strong figures they idealize, but they still strive to be that way. They still want to be strong, cool and heroic, and they still at least have the drive within them to relate to their heroes situations.

Not being able to even relate/connect at all to a capable figure, and instead only feeling jealousy and of it and detachment from it is the epitome of mediocrity. Only asking for dumbasses, pussies, betas and bland guys as MCs on fiction because you cannot relate to the characters otherwise is the pinnacle of conforming to the cesspool and of not having any drive on you. It means that you see yourself as such a wimpy that you can't even feel a connection to someone who is capable. It's a representation of the fall of men.

I pity whoever is only able to relate to the likes of Shinji Ikari. And this is coming from someone who thinks Shinji is a great character.

Also, this is not even touching the fact that bland/self insert MCs are fucking boring and generally only drag the story down compared to an interesting MC.

I like seeing strong-willed females lose to the power of the cock.

You guys don't understand a thing. Bland MCs are meant to let the other characters, see girls, shine.

>The character with the most screen time is bland or retarded to make the characters with less screen time shine
>Which reads: You will see shit characters more than you will see good ones
Who thought this was a good idea, exactly?

If you're gonna make it a bland, boring MC to make the girls shine, just have a girl as MC instead.

>Is it too much to ask for diversity?
Yes! Good goyim! We must bring Muslims, Africans, and transgenders (not attractive) into anime!

While I can see why you would think this, it's just viewing japan through the lens of the west, I am absolutely certain they are not being 'feminist' in the modern western sense. Anime knows its audience and panders to them. Don't worry you can watch this stuff and know with safety its aimed at teenage boys with no ulterior motive

It's just not the same. That would make it yuri too

>female MC means it must be yuri

Take of your goggles.

In a mainly female cast, yes

> teenage boys
It's actually aimed at adult otakus with a lot of disposable income to throw at anime merchandise.

> Otakus spending money on trash and not on having kids

>Getting sick of these nowadays.
No you're not.
anime fans want bland, flavorless herbivore male protags that they can self-insert into while being surrounded by fantastic women that all want to fuck them.
You wanted it
You asked for it
You got it.
Enjoy you're waifu

Smartphone was AOTS

>The guys are the butt of every jokes
>The strongest character in the show is a girl
Get in the DeLorean Marty, we have to kill a certain manga writer to save the future.

Found the M

Tenchi came first.

Yes.

>People have magical powers
>some fucking 9 year old loli is the strongest person among them
>the main enemy, also a 10 year old girl is the strongest evil person with the power

STOP

> The 9 year old loli is over 600 years old and a magical demon and a nymphomaniac

This. It's like experience doesn't matter

>super-powered protag/antag is under 12 years old (at least visually)

Instantly discarded. Fuck every anime that does this garbage