Tfw don't actually know why I hate it but I know Sup Forums hates it so I dislike it too

>tfw don't actually know why I hate it but I know Sup Forums hates it so I dislike it too
Anyone else the same? I can't actually find any flaws in particular with this series (that wouldn't also stand for critically acclaimed shows such as EVA). Though I'll admit I've only seen the first season. What was wrong with it again?

These designs really haven't aged well

They actually all have pretty natural hair colors and forego the meme-color stereotype plaguing pretty much every show

why ask Sup Forums when you could check out any one of the 300 billion sao videos on youtube

>natural hair color
>pink hair on the cover art

I could tell you, but why bother, just search "Mother's Basement" and have fun.
Skip the shill tho.

almost everything I know about SAO I learned from anime critics on youtube while I had nothing better to watch. hile that will paint a pretty good picture for you, I wouldn't recommend repeating my experiences, unlike these other anons, it's not all it's pretty lean entertainment.

apparently it's mostly a case of decent ideas bogged down by an author unwilling to go any deeper into his own subject matter than the bare minimum to get his story across. this leads to a number of plot holes once you actually consider the mechanics and function of some of the technology and the game the world is supposed to be. also something about the "daughter" of the main characters having some bullshit anti-death power or something that killed a lot of narrative tension? I never got that one because I didn't have enough context.

I'm asking Sup Forums. Not some eceleb from Sup Forums. Can you at least try to stay on-topic

>pretty much all
It's a cool color. Not like actual pink.

>literally the most bland MC ever conceived
>a recycled plot even for Isekai standards
>a just as dull harem

If you want to get more specific, its not only bad but milquetoast. It does nothing interesting yet somehow it flew to the top. It does nothing with its setting, its characters, and doesn't even have the decency to have any cool fight scenes.

>skip the shill
So skip right past Mother's Basement?

>mother's basment
Why bother with him when he can just watch Digibro's 13-ep series destroying the very concept of modern light novels? That, now, is a fucking masterpiece.

>>literally the most bland MC ever conceived
>>a recycled plot even for Isekai standards
>>a just as dull harem
read >that wouldn't also stand for critically acclaimed shows such as EVA).

>all have pretty natural color
>pretty much all have natural color
these are not equivalent

look at OP, girl on the right side has actual pink hair. I'm not sure how that being "cool" makes it not "meme-color"

Digi also has a video or two about SAO specifically, which his biggest fanboy statistically proved is responsible for the downfall of SAO.

>digibro
>masterpiece
If I want to watch some unshaven ugly retard talk I’ll go stand in front of a mirror and talk. Fuck your stupid Digibro and go kill yourself.

>actual pink
It's a color-scheme that's seinen more than it is shonen. How hard is this concept?

>Shinji
>Bland
I can't believe that anyone is comparing Shinji to Kirito. I refuse to even entertain the delusion that they're similar in any sense.

>digibro
>retard
This is why we don't let plebs get into our ranks, Sup Forums

>me watching anime for around 20 years
>oh yeah this was really good
>hmm, this wasn't that good

>me watching anime after 5 years of browsing Sup Forums
>THIS WAS THE WORST ANIME EVER MADE HOLY SHIT
>This was good but good lord the fanbase is pure cancer FUCKING SHIT SHOW
>I really liked this series but nobody else does so it must be a bad show

He's not retarded but I'm against the concept of e-celebs by principle, especially talking about them when we should be talking about what they're talking about.

If he ever produces something then maybe I'll pay more attention to him.

Literally every anime ever. I only watched the first season but it's far from bad. It's not great either mind you, but I feel like the hate it gets is mostly due to the sheep mentality.

shinji is a beta while kirito as alpha

what are you even talking about, demographic groups don't have pre-determined color palettes.

pic related is seinen and has a more vibrant palette than many shounen series (SAO included), and it's not alone

Im not say this as a Defense for SAO. But I find it extremely pathetic for people especially on youtube, ti constantly Make Videos about a series they hate. Seriously make one vid and then shut the fuck up about it.

Dont continue makes 10 to 20 different videos ranting and bashing a series you hate because at that point you just making loud noise for ad revenue. And you look like a fuckboy in the process.

It just a pathetic as Star Wars fans still bitching about Jar Jar.

>daughter
Alright, so let me tell you about Onahole Fairy. I don't know her real name because she's stupid, so let's call her that. Anyways, Kirito and Asuna get ""married"" and adopt this random child they found just walking around the forest. But alas, she fucking dies or something.

But since nothing bad can happen in SAO under any circumstances, Kirito suddenly becomes an expert hacker and hacks her back into existence. That's the gist of it.

They don't need to be similar at all for that statement to work. I'm sure they have more in common than you and I

>what are you even talking about
Exactly what I said.
>they don't
Yes, they do.

Shinji:
>never does anything
>The only times he does is out of some kind of psychotic breakdown and not character development
>The only "character development" he got is a fucking big deus ex machina and it didn't even change him that much

Shinji is just a pussy that never does anything. I don't care if he's depressed or whatever shit you say, he's just a faggot.

>demographic classifications are statistically correlated with color palette
prove it

>there are Sup Forumsnons who actually watch anime yt reivews
>can't just watch it themselves and then decide whether it was good to them of not
Stop being such cucks

I like it when youtubers take a good spin on the hate and hate things others didn't. Like mother's basement and his "SAO is a bad videogame".

I never said that. Why are you so insistent on denying something you admitted to not understanding just a post ago?

>Shinji runs away because he's afraid exactly once, and that's after one combat scenario
>The next time Shinji decides to quit NERV, it's because he disagrees with their ideology and attempts to hold the entire facility hostage
>The third time Shinji "runs away", it's because literally everyone fucking died, and he still got into Unit-01 and beat the shit out of some angels.

Shinji gets literally everything done.

Sometimes it's ok to watch reviews. Changing your oppinion on something after seeing other's perspective is the way of life itself. It helps you mature and shape your own mentality.

>Literally every anime ever.
an unfortunate tend in current anime, but there are authors willing to build up their settings beyond what's absolutely necessary or dive deep into the implications of their premise. Even shit like one piece and BNHA and Jojo show that the author is willing to actually think about shit when a relatively simple power is extrapolated out into all manner of weird shit. SAO takes place in a wildly popular game basically because the author says so, despite everything we are shown about the game looking like a terrible gameplay experience that would never sustain any popularity in the real world. that level of plot hole is what drives a good amount of the hate.

I apologize Sup Forums, for taking the bait

Her true identity is actually a players' self-regulation program for mental maintenance, Mental Health Counseling Program or MHCP. After being forbidden by the GM Kayaba Akihiko to come close to the players at the beginning of the death game, she was flooded with errors and broke down. In the process she became an AI that possesses actual intelligence.

When the Cardinal system governing SAO decided to erase her, Kirito turned her into a tear shaped crystal pendant. He actually converted her to a part of environmental data for the client program and was saved to his NERvGear's local memory.

So how did Kirito know how to do that?

this thread is a perfect example of why they make those videos: it gets attention, which gets them ad revenue and/or strokes their ego

When Yui was being erased, the admin system was still up so he pretty much just copy pasted her data

Or, in english:
She's an AI with admin privileges and after being detected as a virus Kirito made an asspull and modified the code of SAO (a game he didn't program and that's technically ever expanding itself ) to make her into an object.

How the fuck did he get into the admin system? That's nonsensical.

Just watch SAO desu, the hate people are giving is over exaggerated

I dropped it because of the shitty forced romance with Asuna and the characters being pretty awful in general.

She's an AI created by the system.

>forced meme

>shitty romance with asuna
Nigga, of all the things this anime did wrong, the romance was probably the least bad thing.

I said "he". Was there just a computer hanging around that was connected to the admin system?

>SAO thread
>massive e-celeb dicksucking garbage
>citing youtube
Just kill yourselves. This is the reason Sup Forums hates this garbage.

It's just silly. The whole setup is silly and the people act like idiots. The drama feels forced and the main character unbeatable.

Watching it with Sup Forums was a lot of fun.

oh, yes, they were in some kind of strange safe room with a PC direclty connected to the gamecode for some reason.

The romance was literally the only good part.

They have their first kiss, marry and have sex for the first time in 24 hours. Then there's the whole "we have a daughter!" thing.

Everyone has their own guilty pleasures and self insert fantasies but that was just pathetic.

Oh, i mean, i tought you mean the kiss part. I think that until the sex everything's kinda ok.
After that it's garbage, i agree.

>Asuna's glop
>Tohsaka's anus
Which is the most iconic shitty sex scene?

>be mad that some people are succesfull talking about things you like

The two years worth of semen coming out with a "glop" sound is way more cringeworthy

Boring MC means no tension. At least S3 will be refreshing.
>SAO meets Bleach, with saberface heroine
At least Reki went full madman in Alicization

>I can't actually find any flaws in particular with this series

This is not a thread about SAO. This is a thread about baiting Eva fans.

>(that wouldn't also stand for critically acclaimed shows such as EVA)
By putting in this caveat, every single flaw that it pointed out can immediately be bounced back by referring back to it. OP doesn't even have to explain it. He just has to repeat it. It doesn't matter how many flaws you point out or whether these apply to Eva or any other show, the OP can simply act a brick wall and point back to this line, and watch the angry replies pour in. You're being duped, swindled, bamboozled. Don't reply. Just let it die.

Oh hey OP. Didn't know that you couldn't figure it out on your own.
Maybe you should take your meds since you seem to have such a small attention span.
Honestly, the show isn't even deep. It's following almost every cliche that exists in anime. Anyone could know the pros and cons.
Or maybe you should confess that you actually like SAO. Then this thread would be redundant.

You apologize before doing it anyways instead of replying to my post. If you want to be off-topic go to Sup Forums or /trash/.

>harem
>but he has a wife and daughter

>fate character
What the fuck happened in alicization? I don't dare look at light novels.

Don't remind me that Kino's author is forced to put bread on the table. It beats shitting out countless of Kino volumes though

Not at all. There's plenty of flaws you can't compare to EVA. But why the double standards dude?

The episode after they play house with the NPC loli is when it goes to shit. The main problem though is how it just randomly skips ahead. People want to see the progression of floor clears and the protag, but they just shit all over that with constant time skips. And then Azuna being a girl version of him before the capture, but then magically becoming a useless damsel.

The fairy-elf arc had a few good moments but otherwise filler-tier. And then 2 was just a fucking shitshow with him being a dual wielding melee edglord in a shootan' game

Don't forget that the second half of two made Kirigaya a side character and a guy with no personality whatsoever.

I actually liked that. Not many shows dare to do that. Felt like a fresh of bread air.

>>tfw don't actually know why I hate it but I know Sup Forums hates it so I dislike it too

Stop being a sheep and form your own damn opinions.

I also didnt mind him taking a backseat to what's her name's arc. I liked it for the most part and the end made me think of Anohana and tear up a bit.

This is just your average SAO hate thread, every now and then there are good threads that acknowledge the series' flaws and are able to enjoy it for what it is.
Its reasonable to not like SAO given all the flaws it has, but there's a strange fanaticism among people who feel the need to continue shitposting about how bad it is.
I'm almost certain that the user who constantly references watching "youtube anime reviews" is one of these zealots, unable to comprehend that no sane person on Sup Forums would be degenerate enough to watch anime reviews on youtube, the golden age of jii-san aside.

>a fresh of bread air

Yes?

That story was nice but I can't stomach the GGO girl and Klein being a big downgrade. Fuck, I hate Sinon. She's worst girl.
I shouldn't give the second half of SAO2 lots of flak as I also enjoyed some moments but these make my face red as a tomato.

It's not too often that independent youtubers can single handedly bring down juggernaut franchises through the power of autism and video editing.
But then again, Sup Forums did help influence the 2016 elections.

>What was wrong with it again?
Almost everything, except Sugu

Those are some really nice legs. Is that CG?

It's bad, but you're far worse if you don't know why.
And no, it's not bad for all the reasons everyone always spouts.

It's from the second opening

But SAO is still going as strong as ever? What influence did they have exactly?

Aged better than konosuba.

Hey you never know... Her dad could have gotten his dick stuck in a cotton candy machine and caused some weird mutation

>MAL's rating drops
>downfall of SAO

>still among the top selling Light Novels
>still got a high-budget movie
>still getting a live action series
>still getting a Season 3
>main characters still regularly reach the top of popularity polls

>What influence did they have exactly?
Made the hate-bandwagon (limited only to the English speaking community) feel good about themselves. So nothing special.

Have you read the author of Kino's take on GGO?
I'm told it's pretty good, but haven't bothered reading the translation.

This was the most fucking boring thing I've ever watched.
It's a bit of hyperbole but all of the animated effects in the world won't get me excited when early on you state the character is invincible in fights and his entire character revolves around how he sleep under trees all day while still surpassing the "top players" people because he already did it off screen and no one can catch up to him so even when he gets ganked nine to one he's unmatched and unscathed.

I remember liking it a lot the first time I watched it. Sup Forums made me hate it.

I disagree

>It's bad, but you're far worse if you don't know why.
>And no, it's not bad for all the reasons everyone always spouts.
Excuse me for what might seem like excessive quoting, but don't these two statements contradict one another?

I thought the scene where he was clearly overleveled and just standing still to be fairly memorable actually. It's a rather unsubtle way of having character progression but I still liked it.

I'm not going to read that shit. I like Kino. I'm not going to read some sao fanfic

Why?

>>still among the top selling Light Novels

Pretty sure it is THE top selling LN right now.

S3 in 5 days

>people unironically watch youtube reviews
Please someone tell me this thread is a meme and Im being baited

>I hate Sinon
How?

No, this is truly the current state of Sup Forums

This is a shit anime
Takes itself way too serious

I genuinely liked it because I went in without expectations, and decided it's an anime for surface entertainment. Just watch it and don't think about plot holes or anything, and don't ask other people's opinions because that is irrelevant to your own enjoyment.

>don't ask other people's opinions because that is irrelevant to your own enjoyment.
I feel this is true regardless of anything else

Dude why would expect anything else. This place is a fiesta.

Kill yourself newshit.

I've watched it completely and I have to say, the general consensus fits what I dislike about it: it's high degree wish fulfillment, to the point where anything good happening for the MC doesn't feel rewarding to watch. I didn't think it was very funny or tense either. It's not as bad as some people always make it out, but that's my problem: it wasn't bad in an entertaining way.