CCS

She's back
animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-25/maaya-sakamoto-returns-to-perform-opening-theme-for-card-captor-sakura-clear-card-tv-anime/.121824

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UHF3AH5xhCg
youtube.com/watch?v=kxi19mhpLrU
youtube.com/watch?v=L6vsdzE739o
youtube.com/watch?v=sh59AvisoZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=P7xuOiOfLq0
youtube.com/watch?v=EZ6BQDNHbdc
youtube.com/watch?v=aoXBSbQXCnk
youtube.com/watch?v=GnbzEwG7tQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too bad it's the worst OP with the worst singer of the three.

>Wataashi noh SEKAHYIIIGH

Our goddess is back

All praise our saivor

SAKURA
IS
SO
CUTE
HNNNNNG

Post photos of best girl

Fuck yes.
Fuck you.

>Implying
OP3 > OP1 > OP2

OP 3 = OP 2 > OP 1

This vanilla magical girl shit is so boring compared to Madoka, and you know it.

I haven't gotten to where the openings switch over but I've listened to all of them and OP 1 is the only good one. I'll probably skip the others when watching episodes.

Madoka is butt ugly to look at and you know it

except making a wish, what else madoka has done ?

Sakura is so cute and charismatic that everyone finish to appreciate her ( shaolan, mei lin,

And it's not only a question of this : she's also smart. She succed to hidding war axe between her father and nadeshiko's grand father by explaining, with subtility, why her father is a good guy.

She's the only one worthy of Clow's legacy, and like you know, there is no coincidence is this world , only necessity

Now, praise our goddess, or burn, heretic

Visually the third OP is best but the song sucks and the singer is unpracticed. OP2 is the best mixed and Anza is by far the most skilled singer of the three, something special whereas the other two just sort of seem like idols given a few voice lessons and a mic. But what do i know I'm just an audio technician.

Yeah I'm not really entertained by edgy melodrama.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

DRAW MOAR SAKURA

I love these new colors, they look fresh while still giving a late 90's feel

OP 2 got the best singer by far, completly agree with you

OP 1 is well build and cute, OP 3 is more epic and catchy ( ironic, isn't it ?)

But all these OP are very good

The third just sounds so generic to me. Cookie cutter anime opening #674. OP1 has a lot of character, OP2 gets me pumped and I think is by far the catchiest of the three, but unfortunately this isn't entirely captured in the OP itself as much as with the full version of the song, and it got the shit end of the stick as far as visuals go. I'll never get why the third's the most popular, I really think it's the visuals.

Best girl

Fuck this tall bitch.

unless you're a turbo manlet she isn't tall

I'm 163cm :(

Please try not to make Madokafags look worse than we already do.

You guys have been pretty much fucked since Re:Zero came out because of how easy it is to compare to Madoka.

>new Sakura doujins
ooh yeah.

OP3>OP2>OP1

Though even OP1 is like a 10/10. Fuck CCS songs were so good.

I know we've been a laughingstock for years but I at least don't want us to be the ones who go into other threads and talk shit.

>but the song sucks and the singer is unpracticed

What a horrible opinion

I think we were in need of a comfy and nice mahou shoujo anime again.
The first season of Prisma Illya made me think it could fill the void that CCS left in my heart, but then niggerillya appeared and everything turned to shit.
I'm glad we get to see more Sakura.

OP1 > OP3 > OP2

She lacks confidence in her voice, that's the most common form an unskilled singer takes. The lack of confidence makes sense given her poor inflection control that even made it onto the studio recording. Compare that to Anza who has no problem projecting boldly even through intonation shifts. The lack of skill is obvious to anyone with training.

ED2 > ED3 > ED1

You didn't watch Twin Angel last season?

>tfw have skipped ending 1 almost every time I've gotten to it
I can't bring myself to care about endings most of the time.

OP1 > OP3 > OP2
best song
best storyboard
best muh CLAMP symbolism

So does Tomoyo have the hot for Sakura or does she just have a cosplaying fetish and Sakura is the perfect mean for her to satisfy that?

Real best OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=UHF3AH5xhCg

"no"

Does anyone have the screencap set where she explains to Sakura about being friendzoned and that she should be happy that the person she cares about is happy? I've seen it posted here but I forgot to save it, forget which episode they were in a store or something.

I've never seen this. It's cozy, reminds me of my childhood.

She keeps an eraser that Sakura gave her when they first met in a memento box. And even if she just liked making the costumes she's always shown at her house rewatching the videos she's taken of Sakura.

And there's other hints dropped like

All right, mr. audio technician, she wasn't exactly an oldfag in singing back then so what say you to this: youtube.com/watch?v=kxi19mhpLrU ? Do you say she improved since then?

obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=L6vsdzE739o

So how will they do this anime? The manga is still on-going

Has Tomoya's mom been leaving the adult movies lying around or something for Tomoya to know this kind of stuff but not Sakura?

Sakura's growth is stunted due to too much onii-chan bullying

Inflection mistakes at 1:21 and 3:19, a few more but not going to go through the video and time them all, just pointing them out so you can hear them yourself. And maybe it's just because she's singing in English but she's holding back her voice still, I'm actually surprised as it's almost as if she hasn't gotten lessons since the nineties, as I was expecting to hear some improvement and didn't, thought at least with this song there isn't an obtuse intonation mistake in the opening words. Very generic voice too.

Hate me all you want but I'm perpetually convinced the only reason people prefer 3 is the visuals. Catch you Catch me and Tobira wo Akate rock. Listen to the full versions of the songs without animation and compare them.

It runs in the family

Try again.

youtube.com/watch?v=sh59AvisoZ4

Man the art style in the manga is so much more frilly and weird looking compared to the anime.

Fuck off spic.

it's a shoujo manga user, ofc it'd look this frilly and MEAT STABBING CHINS

You fuck off, nigger.

Why would you ever think a yuri CP show could compare to CCS

I feel sorry for anyone who had to watch this version.

Brazillian version:
youtube.com/watch?v=P7xuOiOfLq0

Bonus BR remix:
youtube.com/watch?v=EZ6BQDNHbdc

Most people that watched it were probably really small and didn't know any better. I watched it a few times when it was originally airing and don't remember thinking anything about the voice acting even though if you listen to it now it's pretty awful. Even if you don't like dubs now still, they're still a million times better than what was shit out in the 90s and 00s (and earlier too) in the US.

But both of the singers are retired while Maaya Sakamoto continues to thrive strong in the industry.

>all these international versions had faithful recreations
>english version replaces the OPs and all the music with their own bullshit.
Why does this always happen?

OP1 is the best opening:

youtube.com/watch?v=aoXBSbQXCnk

>english OP was just a bunch of reused show footage and shitty CG flying around
It's only in retrospect that I realize how awful this is

I'm kind of envious, actually. My parents were poor and I didn't have cable as a kid. Only anime I ever got to watch were Pokemon, Yugioh, and Digimon because they were on WB.

Tomoyo-chan is pretty kawaii too!

It's the AMERICAN way that's why.

>the original cuck family
Jesus.

It wasn't much. It was pretty badly gutted, especially in North America where almost half the episodes were cut out.

Yeah it's disappointing, I don't think they would have went for Anza even if she still did work. Kinda rather they'd roll the dice on a new singer instead, but I'm already disappointed in what I see so far with the new series so it'll just be salt on salt.

CCS is just one of those things that was perfect and didn't need further productions.

I always liked when dubs would have English versions of the songs if they were good. Most shows these days don't bother and just play the Japanese opening or if you're lucky have a really short version of the opening in English. I always liked the English version of Rurouni Kenshin's opening. Yu Yu Hakusho had an English opening too. One Piece did for the first few but stopped before opening 5, which is my favorite and I would have loved to hear an English version of it.

Considering other CLAMP families, that's not so bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=GnbzEwG7tQ0

>saKUra
>Clou
>kiribEEros

>living in constant pain knowing the only you suki will never be with you "isn't so bad"
You've either never been in love or are a proud cuck yourself.

Prepare yourself

>me thinking unrequited love isn't as bad as incest, rape, murder, abuse, or kidnapping makes me a cuck
alright buddy

To be fair, unrequited love can be devastating to the ill-prepared. Tomoyo is lucky to not be like her vile mother who blames Fujitaka for all her problems.

I'm happy, but still cautious.
There is a LOT more they could fuck up. Some of it could come from CLAMP themselves.

Picture if clear card ends like kobato

Why is this even happening? Especially after all this time?

The ending to the second movie was pretty much perfect and doesn't warrant a sequel.

.......will they be allowed to get away with this?

Is he gonna kill Sakura like TRC Syaoran and Syaoran did?

>wtf happened
computer rendering happened.
sadly this may retcon the movies.

It isn't a sequel. It's a continuation to the manga, which has a continuity separate from the anime and movies.

Revivals are all the rage now, because Japan is well and truly out of ideas

Picture, just PICTURE what Sup Forums would look like the day it was revealed that this was his end-game.

of course they changed the cool drawn eyes with lines in them to those generic glowing digital eyes

this bugs me more than it should

I'm convinced that the people who knew how to do that aren't in the industry anymore.
That style of using pencil shading for the Iris just flat-out died in the 00's.

This honestly bothers me way more then the saturated colors.
I can get over the colors, I can't get over not swooning when I look into their eyes. It feels like I'm looking at fanart.

Cute gay loli pervert.

don't worry, she's still young enough to grow up into a hateful old dyke.

It's not like that's unique to Japan

She wouldn't. How dare you speak ill of Tomoyo-chan.

Are you going to make that same post every Sakura thread?

Are they gonna refrecne trc

Well I can hope Maaya won't failed this OP

She still getting anime and signing roles same with Junko Iwao. One day both women will have MC roles next year since the newbie seiyuu can't even adapt in the industry.

They already have.
Numerous times.
And there's no hint of them stopping.

The only thing we have to fear is Clamp itself.

There's nothing hard about it. You just draw some lines coming out under the pupil. The character designer worked on the 90s anime as an animation director, so clearly they must have asked him to make it look more like modern Clamp's art.

in b4 his trip to China was actually him being swapped with this TRC counterpartwho is probably out to do the same thing as last time