Sci-fi anime released 2017

>sci-fi anime released 2017
>main character uses flip phone
Why the fuck is this the only anime to have smart phones in it? what's the deal with the nips and flip phones? I've only seen a few animes where they actually use smart phones and two of them were movies released last year.

>2017
>using word
>save icon is still a floppy disk

what did they mean by this?

>I have to but a new model phone every year
dumb american poster

Smartphones have been popular for a while now user. I got my first smartphone in 2012 and even then it was an older model I got for free.

I've had a smartphone since 2007. Fuck off little boy.

flip phones are still popular in japan

>released 2017
Is every Parasyte thread just retards shitposting?

>the year of release dictates the timeline of the story

there weren't any smart phones in the 80s you dumb fuck

its easyer to for japs to use number pad some times vs keyboard since unlike english there letters work pretty good on number pad.

Jojolion has smart phones. The main character has a flip one though but I can't remember if he got a smart phone at some point or not.

they're considered cute

Are you? He's only referring to Parasyte as the one that doesn't have flip phones, reread the post and cover in shame.

>smart phone released in 2017
>open phone app
>icon is still a picture of a landline's headset

why was this allowed?

In japan you have 2 kinds of phones, flip phone or iphone

Seriously iphones are fucking everywhere in japan

The same reason people say they'll "hang up" even though they just end the call by pressing the screen/buttons and won't put the phone anywhere near a wall.

>he doesn't realize that the story takes place in the late 80s/early 90s
underage pls go and stay go

>I've only seen a few animes where they actually use smart phones and two of them were movies released last year.
OP just stop

Many people in Japan surprisingly still use a flip phone. Something to do with conservative or utilitarian values. One mangaka if I remember still uses a flip phone (despite urging to get a smart phone). Jin, was it? Author of Elf x Orc and General tits.

>Something to do with conservative or utilitarian values.
I thought it was that it made typing in Japanese easier somehow.

haha i love ironic forced memes XD

i hate ironic forced memes

You must be new to either anime or Japan. The japs carry both flip phones, and smartphones. If you actually pay attention in Parasite you're gonna see his smartphone.

This is now a comfy anime tech thread.

>The japs carry both flip phones, and smartphones.
Why don't they start making smartphones in flip phone format then? It can't be that hard.

Yeah it has to do something that flip phones can do better than smartphones. I think user is right about the typing since I remember reading something about emails ages ago.

There are some smart/flipphones out there too. They are stupidly expensive though

Not an argument.

they do, they just aren't popular in the Europe or the us

I know this is meant to be bait but it is an accurate post regardless, I still have my old cellphone from 2008(+-) and works perfectly fine, it does what a cellphone must do, send/receive messages and calls, why would I buy a new one then? Though if some day it breaks or stop working(though shit is resistant as fuck) I guess I'll get a smartphone, they must last 10 years like my old phone too right?

bae

I would gladly pay for an android flip phone in north america

You can just buy one from Japan, import it, then use a SIM card from a GSM carrier (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile).

>Why the fuck is this the only anime to have smart phones in it?
We literally have a show about a smartphone this season. Watch more anime, OP.