Why do people hate Index? What did she do to deserve the hate?

Why do people hate Index? What did she do to deserve the hate?

Talking about the girl, not the series. I know everyone loves Railgun more than Index but that's not the point.

>Why do people hate Index?
She's irrelevant in her own series.
>I know everyone loves Railgun more than Index
Only secondaries.

She's an annoying headcrab and a crappy excuse for a tsundere.

TOUMA FEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*BITES*

:( you think a bunch of scientist could just down load the books on computers rather than keeping books in a little girl

She has a bad gag and doesn't get a lot of scenes that doesn't have said gag. Otherwise she's alright

Less people would hate her if she participated and be useful in fights.

>Index
Who? Is that some girl from the first novels?

Index is not a bad character just poor depiction of the manga season 2 was a mess focusing on toumas memory loss

I don't get this meme. I can understand for Himegami who hasn't had a line in like 6 novels but Index at least helps out occasionally when it comes to magic like in NT18

Index is cute!

Kamachi should have portrayed her hunger in a more tragic way. Her mana drain is literally sucking her life away and she has to overeat to keep up. She would have been a lot more moe if they played up her mortality.

I love Index.

Kamachi severely underuses her and overuses her hunger/biting gag at the same time.

I think she's got a close relationship with Touma that's incomparable with other characters but Kamachi would rather write her biting him for the 1000th time.

I still care about you, Index.

You may be a side character in your own anime, but I'll never stop caring!

Index is annoying and the whole hungry gag gets annoying. She probably doesn't even wash herself properly so fucking her would be pretty rancid.

It's the same exact joke every single episode that annoys me

>but Index at least helps out occasionally
Were you not here when everyone was praising index ironically for helping carry nephentes because that's the most useful she's been in forever? Sure we were forgetting NT12, but honestly when was the last time she did anything useful before that? I'm thinking and coming up blank. OT?

I hope S3 strays from the LN and makes index an actual character

>I hope S3 strays from the LN
How about fuck off

I want A Certain Punished Touma is good, don't get me wrong, but I want to see more of A Certain Magical Index

Himegami will be the true heroine of Ingun just you wait. She'll get what's rightfully hers.

>annoying headcrab
this desu senpai

TOUUUMAAAA ONAKA HETA XDDD

I will laugh my ass off if she end up with touma somehow

Index a slut that sleeps with gingers, alchemists and touma's dad

>She's irrelevant in her own series
that should warrant indifference not hate.
nobody would want a character they hate to receive more screentime

Considering she's already living with him, he lied about remembering her just so she wouldn't leave him, and the final push that got him to try and commit suicide was her forgetting him, and being happy with Stiyl and Kanzaki

Well, she's basically won already

REJECT

>she's basically won already
This is the most delusional shit when it comes to waifu wars by far. Same with Othinuscucks going around sayng "fairy already won cuz she's his understander" and Misakafags with their own reasons. Stop deluding yourselves and wait until something actually fucking happens. Which can be anything with all the bait and switch that Kamachi likes to do.

Index is CUTE!

We don't hate Index the character.
We hate Index the TV show.

Who is we?

speak for yourself nerd

Don't remember much about the series. She is kind of bitchy as far as I can remember.

I'd more feel sorry for Touma than anything

Index hasn't been relevant i her own series since the vampire arc. Mikoto has gotten more character development and significant character development with Touma that Index has.

Senpai>Kouhai

> Bites Touma constantly for dumb shit 90% of the time
> Eats all of his food and doesn't even allow him to do his homework in peace
> thousands of grimoires in her head and knowledge of high level magic but can't even make usage of them outside of disrupting enemy magician spells
> Another damsel in distress for Touma to worry about since she can't defend herself against high level opponents half the time
> Doesn't do anything in the story 99% of the time outside of stay in Touma's dorm and eat his food, highly irrelevant
I wish Index did more or had a real role in the story, I mean hell how hard is it to give her something to do? At least give her the ability to use the grimoires, she'd at least be able to accompany Touma during missions and fight high leveled opponents without getting kidnapped. There's still some lore between her possibly being related to Lola or Aleister, or in general being a walking corpse or magical being so there's some hope for her but not much.

TOUMA I'M HUNGRY

>Himegami
Now there is a best girl.

It honestly wouldn't change a thing considering he already lives with her, feeds her, goes out with her to buy groceries and stuff, and even lets her have the bed, and sleeps in the tub when she's perfectly okay with sleeping together with him

Hell it'd be an improvement actually since she'd be able to be more showy with her affection, and he'd be able to talk himself into sleeping in the bed again

I guess Index having perfect memory and having the ability to use her grimories in her head seem to be too much for Kamachi to actually implement in the story without shifting the narrative of what he is trying to accomplish. It feels like he is stalling on that matter until he finally has to get to it.

Their relationship has become more of a sister/brother type than anything. She hasn't shown any real romantic interest towards him, despite living together. It's all just her biting him when he does something pervy with a different girl or just general misunderstandings. That shit happens with pretty much any other girl anyway. We could have at the very least seen/read an inner monologue regarding her feelings for him but nah. I literally just see them as a brother/sister at this point, with some occasional pervy moments to go along with it since it's Japan.

Index is precious, it's a shame that LN authors basically are forced to pander to popularity polls.

I generally take Kamachi not developing their relationship any further than their current comfortable routine as him being very firm about not letting romance become a major element in the story, except to bully Misaka, and that Index's advantage amongst the girls into him is absurd

Kamachi doesn't pander. Mikoto was barely in the second part of OT despite being popular.

>Barely in
>Basically forced into Russia for absolutely no reason other than to have that one scene with Touma
You don't have to have a character hugely prominent to be pandering to their fanbase.

I'm not sure really. It's true that the romance part of the series is mostly a secondary plot point, but it's still there. A lot of Mikoto's purpose for being relevant revolves around that. If Kamachi wasn't interested at all in that department, he could have simply not written the story like that at all. We pretty much see her doing more and more crazy stuff because of it with each volume so we know what her goal is. Index on the other hand has shown nothing at all to suggest that she's interested in Touma in that way, apart from the first volume, which to me seemed more like she was afraid to lose him and be left alone again and is why she told him she loved him. I don't know, it just seems like Kamachi wants to keep their relationship more as the sibling kind.

>Basically forced into Russia
Why would you assume this? It took her 15 volumes to realize her feelings for him and when she saw that he was in danger and trying to help people again while risking his life, took the oppertunity to help him/save him. Add the fact that she's a level 5 and they're known for having some screws loose and it's totally believable.

desu she's already with him whatever as waifu or not, he also like her more than everything else "i think"

He sees her as something that he absolutely must protect, along with Othinus and swearing to protect Mikoto and the world around her. So he likes all his close friends and is never implied who he likes more.
>she's already with him
Things can change at any time. It's Kamachi writing the story and he could go any which way with it. Touma's mentioned how he'd be sad that Index might eventually leave him and have her own life which could mean a lot of things. Right now people are speculating that she might be Aleister or Lola's daughter. We also know that Lola is being possesed by a demon. If it turns out that She is her mother and they end up freeing her from the demon, she might even take Index back to live with her in England after it's all settled. Who knows what's gonna happen and that's why it's so exciting and frustrating at the same time.

He likes Tsuchimikado the best obviously.

Buttblasted Mikotofags
Ignore then

Yes, i should have stated that it's not mentioned which GIRL he likes more than the rest. My bad. Bro's before hoes obviously.

I do have a similar view to you that they have a familial relationship, it's that from what I'm seeing and considering Kamachi still includes her as those who get irritated when girls go all over him, and that Touma himself is still attracted to her, rather than that of siblings it seems more like they're like a married couple with how casually close they are, early on they would still focus on her feelings for him such as how she cried and hugged him in worry after he ditched her to go help that one archer dude, but since she's mostly taken a backseat in the plot, and that she's already as close as it gets to him without taking that extra step, Kamachi just lets it stay stagnant

Misaka on the other hand gets a lot of focus on her romantic feelings because her story is still moving and is all about wanting to catch up to him, since it's her grand motivation, but in exchange while she shows off a lot of romantic feelings for him, Touma never really any such feelings toward her, even if he does think of her as a good friend

>Touma himself is still attracted to her
He's attracted to a lot of girls. Him blushing when he see's their panties, seeing them naked and all those other things are normal. Especially for a highschooler.
>Touma never really any such feelings toward her
It's the same for any other girl. NT16 might have had some indication about him holding some feelings for her but it's too vague and a lot of that has happened with other girls aswell. Kamachi has still not shown him being attracted to any of the girls and just goes for the "dorm manager onee-san"" meme. Whatever happens it'll be towards the end of the series. We still haven't even seen Misaka confess and there are a few ways that could end but i don't really wanna guess too much about that sort of stuff cuz i'll just go crazy.

I don't even trust the end of the series tackling any of the harem romcom stuff, somehow the way this series is written, I can only see him dead, or still living his regular routine with his pet headcrab, cat and fairy without any of that shit being resolved

Would that really be a satisfying ending for you? I'm simply curious. Atleast to me, keeping the status quo just seems lazy. Him dying is something i can deal with, although it depends on how it all happens. I mean i know im being bias when i say this but it's just that there's way too much buildup with Mikoto trying to get to him for it to just end with a Fukou da while he gets electrocuted/bitten and nothing changes.

Yeah it would, it feels too weird to imagine him living without his freeloaders, but then it also feels weird for a girl outside of them dating and eventually living with him and them too, that comfy happiness he already has fighting and laughing with them just feels right

I also never saw Index as ending with him living a peaceful happy life anyway, always an open his adventures continues deal, even after the big villains get their ass kicked to the point of giving up due to how his life always worked, and his attitude towards seeing trouble brewing, or his adventures ending permanently, well we'll just have to see whatever the hell Kamachi cooks up, I'm sure none of us will see it coming

>I'm sure none of us will see it coming
Most likely. Good talk, user.

It wouldn't change yes but that's precisely why I would feel sorry for him. There is no light at the end of the tunnel

This.
Worst part is - the Index probably could solve a lot magic incedents by herself via dissecting the magic like protagonists of 2 other Kamachi novel series dissect Objects and Packages, but she is forced to be a side character.
And for the love of the god, they should give her some more casual clothes.

It's not her series. The name stuck because they didn't let Kamachi publish each volume with a different name.

>your own
>anime

You have to go back.

>At least give her the ability to use the grimoires
That would be like Othinus still having her power of a Magic god. It would be much too OP I'm still surprised at Pendex being on the same level as black-winged Accel on that powerlevel chart

Her relevance and being mostly a damsel in distress aside, it's her behaviour that's annoying to a lot of people. Considering the position she's in she has no real right to be acting the way she does towards Touma. I guarantee you that if she wasn't a constant drain to Touma's resources and was simply a shy girl who just wanted what's best for him without all the dumb shit she does to him she'd be WAY more liked. And that's without getting development. She's a ruined character for me at this point. Kamachi could do whatever he wants with her to make her relevant but i'll always remember those anoying things about her that lasted for longer than 40 volumes and no other noticably decent traits to go with them.

This.

This. There's still the chance she's actually Lilith's dead body magically grown a bit and preserved by Coronzon. It did it to one daughter, why not a different one, too?

That is like saying that the Zashiki Warashi wasn't about Zashiki Warashi.

user this was literally in an interview, Kamachi wanted to call the next volume a Certain Deep blood and they told him it would be too confusing

But the second volume was about the Index anyway.

What's your point user?

Index was still planned as one of the core characters, even discarding the name argument.

Oh so we're playing the "let's pretend Index is relevant" game I see.

That would made it soo much better

Are you retarded? No one was arguing that

She wasn't relevant in the one after that. OT4 wasn't about her aswell. That's not really an argument.

>Index was only good for explaining magical shit to Touma and others
>Intorduce Othinus who can do the same but Touma can carry her around in his pocket or on shoulder
What did she do to deserve this?

TOUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE