Swiss vote NO to abolish tax funded state media

>be Swiss
>have direct democracy
>get opportunity to abolish tax funded state media that promotes leftist propaganda
>vote No

Democracy was a mistake.

20min.ch/schweiz/news/story/No-Billag-Initiative-Abstimmungen-live-Resultate-12508155

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mm27d7KD3H4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

F

bump

I get depressed whenever I hear bad news from Switzerland. It's the only country I want to move to

probably boomers that caused the no.

mountain jews jewed themselves

>probably boomers that caused the no.
true. my dad is classic cuckservative boomer and he voted no.

jesus told me that switzerreichh was a direct democracy and you vote on precisely what the public money is spent on, not just big vague game-show categories like "media" or "finance"

I am unfamiliar with Swedish media, but in Australia the commercial media is significantly worse than the government funded media. While I do sometimes worry about the quality of the government funded channels, I worry even more about them disappearing and commercial broadcasters filling the vacuum.

>Ah bloo bloo bloo people aren't voting for what I want

Why don't you move?

>consuming any australian media
kys

God damn Switzerland, I want the public funded media gone from my country but Australia thinks its some sort of blasphemy if you say you want it gone. The ABC and SBS here are pure cancer.

By what margin mountain nigger?

It looks about 65% to keep looking at that map, but most is grey?

youtube.com/watch?v=mm27d7KD3H4

For the record I miss nature documentaries and shows like catalyst. facts don't have to be boring, neither does R&D

great job cucks now we will never get rid of BBC

It's a shame, honestly. It's way too much money for the shit they do.

awww poor medpakhazar
rot in hell

is it even many people that votes?

No real surprises. The electorate get fed the same old "muh publik brudcasting is so important" by the nice man in the suit on the 6 o'clock news and they follow like ducklings.

Would you really prefer foreign media? I don't understand why anyone except liberalists would vote yes. Here in Ticino we are a linguistic minority and regional media is absolutely important otherwise we'll invaded by italian media (that is already too spread).

We dont want bullshit propaganda channels like fox news here in switzerland.

That would be glorious.

Well don't we already have a state-owned, taxpayer-financed bullshit propaganda channel?
I want off this ride...

Our state funded media is more objective and let more anti-immigration voices through than the other newspapers. Actually the biggest private TV-channel is the worst.

"All" of their big TV-series has the male protagonist in a relationship with a female non-European.

Of course democracy was a mistake.
Especially when you have more and more naturalized "Swiss people" be allowed to vote. We should have just made Blocher dictator for live when we had the chance.

Just state-sponsored propaganda that spends most of its money on garbage "Krimi-shows", some entertainment shows and comedy that is about as funny as a child dying of cancer. If all they did was actual news broadcasts and would at least try to be somewhat objective/ neutral, you could make a case that they should survive in some form, but as it stands with the changing media landscape (less and less young people having TV subscriptions, most news consumed online...), I see no reason why it should exist.

What the fuck is wrong with young people..

you seem to like chaos.

young people?

kids vote for commienism big gov bullshit and believe the leftist state tv propaganda
voting age should be 35+ and only land owners should be allowed to vote

we´re migrants allowed to vote?

>kids vote
switzerland is all boomers and old people, young people are few and thus not important when it comes to votes.

its also mostly people 35+ that absolutely like a state with strong propaganda channels. young swiss largely dont watch state tv.

dumb frogposter

F then S

I voted no :^)

Only dumbs lolbertarians would vote for it. I hate the state of the big medias in Switzerland but small regionnal medias shouldn't pay for the shit the rts do. I hope we get another votation in the future to hang the greedy fucks managing the rts

Not really
Because the SRG wants to create a media and information monopoly, i.e. all news has to come from SRG otherwise it's "fake news". Also funding of leftshit (((artists))) from tax money is not justifiable in any way.

Young people are politically very active in Switzerland, especially the left. See Operation Libero, Juso, Antifa, etc..

Shame, Switzerland is pretty much the only European country I truly care about

>Be Dutch
>Have every shitty law passed without referendum

This is worse

>chaos
explain

>Operation Libero
I hate those cucks.

>be Brazilian
>give away half of your salary in taxes so your govt can fund Venezuela, Cuba and other commies around the world

look at how well work in usa ,privatization is no the solution at least you have the chance of electing someone that could align with your views and have total control of the state

I reckon the same thing. Old people are very dependant on TV since it's considered ''their beloved tech''. Plus habbit and stubbornness are bad advisors.

>privatization is no the solution
Wrong

Direct democracy doesn't work that well. But you have to give it to the Swiss for some things.

My god you are one of those fucking idiots that think we should not have statefunded media.

Instead you want more leftleaning bs media like there is in the US.

The statefunded media has to be neutral under the service public act.

Sp shut yourfucking mouth you fucking trator commie.

You are a fucking left trator of our nation.
You should be exicuted emmidiantly.

Fucking shill

All of switzerland laughts at you commie fuckers

>he believes what the government tells him the results were
laughinggirls.wav

This is why secret ballots shouldn't exist, you can never know what the true results of a poll if you cannot verify all the votes are real or accurate.

When people surrendered to cowardice is when Democracy truly died

And yet they never are. The BBC is “neutral” yet look at their front page. There is never any reprimand for their leftist propaganda and lying by omission

>The statefunded media has to be neutral under the service public act.
You are one retarded fucking nigger. Who the hell do you think makes the judgement call whether the media is neutral or not? The fucking government itself. Gee, do we think that the propaganda machine that we fund ourselves is neutral or not... You can pass anything into law, that doesn't mean that it will or can be enforced. We also passed like a hundred initiatives for tougher immigration laws and somehow we still get more and more niggers into our country.

>Instead you want more leftleaning bs media like there is in the US.
You want to know what is also a leftleanign outlet in the US? NPR, an at least partially publicly funded media outlet. Do you think that the BBC is neutral? Do you think that ARD or ZDF are neutral? Open your fucking eyes, every single statefunded media outlet is leftwing.

Also, it's not like they only broadcast news or informative TV shows. A lot of that money is invested into third rate entertainment programs.

>Sp shut yourfucking mouth you fucking trator commie.
Are you retarded? Like geniunely, have you read or watched any news at all in the past year or so? It has always been the left defending statefunded media and always been SVP attacking them for not being objective. The mere concept of public broadcasting is leftwing, commie.

>statefunded media
>neutral
kek

Fuck you marxist faggots. You got trashed one more time.

The people voted NO; that's it. Get fucked.