Would the average user on Sup Forums be able to do a better job at writing a shitty manga/anime/VN/LN etc than their...

Would the average user on Sup Forums be able to do a better job at writing a shitty manga/anime/VN/LN etc than their original creator?

considering the japanese entertainment industry is notorious for the hackiest of hacks, I'm sure we could

The average user cant even flip a burger right.

No.
It takes discipline to sit down and write an entire story without getting bored and starting a new project, discipline none of us have.
Even if it's hacky shit, that means wading through hacky shit for hundreds of hours.

It cant be that hard, no?

Manga is one thing but Light Novel is probally fucking easy, like slightly above average at best. Most Light Novel i have read so far has simple as fuck wording / phrasing. It was as though they were written by / for elementary kids

They would definitely think so but no

Hell no.
Just look at one of those "ITT: Write an anime plot" thread. Most of the ideas were shit.

given the number of anons who intelligently claim X would've been better if Y I'm sure said intelligent anons would intelligently write their stories better than the unintelligent creators

>Most of the ideas were shit
You do realize most of those aren't serious responses right?

It still takes a long time to come up with a story, even if you execute it with the literature equivalent of stick figures.
Anyone can write a paragraph, but try writing 500 of them in a row.

Not better job, no, something as shitty maybe, though you would be surprised how much brainpower it takes to do a half decend paneling that makes sense.

Yes they are, they are just that. I know that it's hard to imagine that people that agree with you on best and worst girls can have such a shit of a taste and yet it's the reality.

Give me an artist, a composer, and eighty litres of a specific diet soft drink, and I could make a product that'd put most current OELVNs to shame.

I wouldn't even need an artist.
My stick figures alone would invoke more emotion than 90% of the crap in this entertainment medium

>My stick figures alone would invoke more emotion
well if Togashi can do it then why not us right?

How can you say that with masterpieces like the polar bear isekai

I'm sure I have the creative ability to write a decent weekly series. Do I have the ambition and perseverance also needed? Probably not.

God no.

they could make an interesting idea or concept but would probably give up halfway through. you need patience and discipline to fully realize it

This. Most of Sup Forums has entirely the wrong kind of autism for this sort of thing. Just putting in the hours to get enough words down is well beyond the average user.
Being able to write well isn't actually the main issue.

maybe

Dose anyone on Sup Forums actually like anime? It's almost like everyone here has outgrown it but doesn't have the gumption to move on to more intellectually stimulating media, so they sit here and be miserable.

No.

>discipline none of us have.
Dont project your failures onto others. Many of us have actually sat our asses down and wrote a novel or two. Are majority shit? Yeah, but Id argue it'd still be a breathe of fresh air to have an anime story written by an Sup Forumsnon instead of one written by a corporate hack out of touch with the times.

>Many of us have actually sat our asses down and wrote a novel or two
So what's your novel's name, user?

One is called "That Gilded Stage". I never said these novels got published, but Ive still written hundreds of pages worth of completed story over the years.

I don't think so. it's like writing a long essay for hours every day with your editor/producer breathing down your neck. it's easy to criticize, but coming up with ideas on your own is too much for the average user to bear.

You can like dumb anime and other "intellectually stimulating" media at the same time. we're kind of post-weeb era where it's not contradictory to like anime and also watch other stuff.

I can't speak for everyone but I get the feeling a lot of people here had a hard anti-anime stance at some point to overcompensate for being a weeb in high school, but now they've gotten over themselves and reconnected with jap shit now that it's not a fresh point of embarrassment

I think you replied to the wrong person there bud.