I just finished watching Akagi. It was amazing overall, but that ending man...

I just finished watching Akagi. It was amazing overall, but that ending man. It pretty much forces you to read the manga and from what I have heard, the washizu game goes on forever. Is it worth it?
What did you like most about Akagi's adaptation? For me it was the OST that really made it stand out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4FOAVlqDBP0
readmanga.today/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji/7.5/all-pages
gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
my.mixtape.moe/qnuoqe.flac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no, the match ended earlier this year

Alrighty since today is the special akagi day you'll see a ton of spoilers so just close the entire Sup Forums and go read the manga right the fuck now.

How do you even make an arc this long?

I am at chapter 140 as we speak

Kakegurui masho

60% washizu being awesome
20% akagi finally acting like a human
5% yasuoka beautifully fucking up again
1% ohgi being a furniture
1% suzuki bullying
0,5% the only no name 6th whitesuit ignoring
ad 100% WASHIZU SAMAAAAAA

Reading the rest of Washizu mahjong is well worth it. The pace slows down considerably as it approaches the end, but it's well worth it, and the pace is a meme for the most part. The only time that really comes to mind is when Washizu hallucinates for 10 chapterswhich is arguably the best part of the manga anyway, and (with the exception of when someone's trying not to pass out) the other points it stagnates are skippable anyway. You should also read Ten (which Akagi is a spinoff of), as it provides a conclusion for Akagi's character.

I am not complaining, it just astonishes me. This has to be one of the longest arcs of all time.

they are both overpowered, it can't be helped. Even Akagi didn't plan to do the 6th hanchan but Washizu is goddamn Washizu.

I am in love with the style ever since I watched Kaiji, so I plan to read most of his work.
The pace is fine so far, I am getting hyped and I don't even know how to play mahjong.

washizu is really a blessing

Lots of metaphors and stuff happening

Try it www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

4 triplets 1 pair.

which can only mean...?

metaphors are the best kind of filler

What a day to finish watching on! Seriously though user, be careful, don’t get spoiled.

i don't remember but basically it worked alright

THIS IS NOT MAHJONG

Why do you think that?

don't listen to the weebs, play chinese mahjong

high impact elderly bullying

It's good now, but around the 5th-6th hanchan the pace falls through the floor.

Leave onis to me!

>manga is named Akagi
>real MC is Washizu
Fukumoto is a hack

>tfw this will never get animated
The 4 man drawn was better than the dora 12/1 pin

What gets me is that, from the very first episode, they taunt you with that 1 pin. Rewatching it sent shivers down my spine every time the opening played.

youtube.com/watch?v=4FOAVlqDBP0

RON RON RONRON RON RON ROOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN

You walk into a bar and this guy stab your foot... wut do?

Akagi ain't gonna characterize himself, it's Washizu's work.

Can't we just become friends? Maybe being chill around Washizu would work

>young Akagi lets other people characterize him
>old Akagi characterizes other people

literal 20 year mahjong match

>Huh?
>Did you hear me, are you deaf?

I played some rounds and I seem to have incredibly shitty luck just like when I play poker.
Guess the flow of the game isn't with me.

I can't believe I finally had a chance to undrop it and actually read it all translated. Just a bit of years ago there was nothing fkmt in english, besides the animoos. Holy shit

F
Let's have a drink guys.

I wonder if the mangaka knew the total of an adult human theeth is 32 or it was just blind luck.

Saki and Washizu teached me that luck is proportional to your moe
Guess you aren't moe at all user

Alwys knew it deep in my heart.

I think Harada used to have all 100 but it was too scary to save.

Is this worth reading/watching if I don't know how to play mahjong?

As a fellow mahjong noob I say yes, do it.

yes but you should give mahjong a try anyway
read guide readmanga.today/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji/7.5/all-pages
play with AI gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

ED 1>ED 2
tfw I'll never find the full version or at least a version without the burp

Yes. When they write information about the game on the screen, just pause and read it. You won't know all the hands and finer details of the game, but you'll be able to follow along. It's a really fun game, though.

There any mahdong video games I can play by my lonesome on computer?

Full version isn't that good but here my.mixtape.moe/qnuoqe.flac

I'd suggest "mahjong and friends Japan" for android. Was my go-to game for when taking the bus and whatnot for a long while. Not sure about good options for PC.

Literally in the post you quoted
Also Noten Riichi Mahjong for Android

>aw yea time for some gay-ass post war mahjong

For those wanting to learn about Riichi Mahjong, check out the OP in the /jp/ Mahjong thread.

When I read AI I thought it was multiplayer.
I'm retarded.

It's worth reading even if you skip all the mahjong just to get to Washizu getting to and from hell.

>earlier this year
How fucking long is this arc?

like 200 chapters

No, the reason Washizu is fun is how he layer by layer with his money and spoiler shreds his hubris and arrogance, keeping his CHA. It won't work as intended otherwise.

monthly manga ongoings are for the toughest

It's amazing show of will and motivation to achieve your goals at all cost which is shown in a relatable way.
It would be a sight to behold to have it animated.

I think the match began in 1996. Honestly, I think he just wanted to write the single longest "fight" in manga ever.

I mean usually there's a piece of media, there's a villain who is hyped to be strong, there are 100 episodes to deal with their goons artificially making us feel the strenth and might and there are maybe 3 episodes to deal with the actual person. Repeat with all the things shounen and not alike. So were they really strong truly? Hell no they were not.

Rest in piece

F

I wish this moment wasn't spoiled to me
I feel like it'd have much more emotional impact
I guess I'll know when I actually read Ten though

Alagi has to die in order to complete his character arc.

When I first read it, I also knew what was gonna happen and still cried like a baby. Happens everytime I reread. Call me a pussy I don't care.

rip

Keep in mind the Akagi manga hasn't officially ended

Hoping OP fucked off with peace like he was told to, in time.

Sorry user, you should have gotten lost while you still could. But trust me almost everyone was spoiled to what happens, but it still gets you good. You’ll still get fucked up, I promise.

I have been in Sup Forums for a while, I know what happens thanks to epic trolls.

nagisa dies
spike dies
kamina dies

Spike could still be alive.

Hhahahahahahaha FUCK YOU
I sure hope I don't remember any of these names
Nah I'm not OP, just another user

Being spoiled on a character's death doesn't change the emotional impact you get when you actually read it happen.

now do you think Akagi and Washizu are in an eternal mahjong battle in hell?

Hell would be knowing that Akagi and Washizu are playing Mahjong somewhere but you are unable to see it.

I honestly think they'd get along more now that they're both technically on the same level
Either that or Akagi has to take over hell from Washizu's hands after he conquered it

>Washizu dying
Nah not enough space in the manga. We are good.

It's literally announced at the beginning of the arc. It's even in the fucking title. Don't worry you haven't lost anything. By the way, the death is actually the least sad thing of the whole arc. A man walking barefoot on the grass is where I cried.

Yeah, if you want to spoil the entire fucking show.

It is overrated anyway.

>wind up with

Isn't that a big 4 winds or something? Who did that?

Akagi was awesome but I never finished it, the last match was dragged on way too long and I lost interest when the last couple eps were rolling around.

It's more about Akagi (and Washizu) than mahjong really.

>the last match was dragged on way too long
The Washizu arc IS the entire series. Everything else was just buildup to it.

stupid but I'd say it's ok. The main hero of Ten is the game. The characters are still going with their life and often unnoticeably but developing, so there's this weird end arc with tying all that up together. I think Ten manga as a whole has the greatest reread value of them all.

Three winds, white dragon and wait on the fourth wind. Yeah. It's pretty unbelievable a hand.

Binge-reading Ten in honor of Akagi's death. I'm surprisingly hooked despite the old artstyle and lackluster beginning.

it's super cute

So that's a little 4 winds, yakuman. I only saw this once and it was random.

Was that Akagi cheating at the beginning?

Don't know. I wonder if he won via tsumo or ron.

>calls 3 winds and 1 dragon
You'd have to be blind to deal into this, that's a tsumo or nothing. Unless someone called a riichi and drew the wind

are you all 2lazy4reading or something
it was a big deal of course why would I just tell you who and how has gathered that

Is this the Akagi memorial thread?