Horikoshi loves to deconstruct tropes

Horikoshi loves to deconstruct tropes

So what will happen to Ochako and Deku?

Bakudeku.

>Horikoshi loves to deconstruct tropes
I feel like you don't know what many of those words mean.

She'll get the D eventually, probably after they graduate.

When has he yet?

>a villain kills All Might
>Deku goes into a rage mode and wants to kill the villain
>Ochako stands in front of him and says if he kills the villain he won't be a hero
>Deku kills Ochako and the villain with a 1000% smash
There is your deconstruction.

When will Uraraka go full melee combat and wreck shit? All it would take would be one touch and then a solid hit and anyone not able to control their movement in the air would be done for.

Deku discovers he's gay and Ochako ends up a fag hag.

>So what will happen to Ochako and Deku?
deku in uraraka

If Naruto can't be gay then nobody can

>Tsuyu stands in front of him and says "Midoriya-chan if you kill the villain you won't be a hero kero"
>Deku kills the frog and the villain with a 10000000% smash

Toga will replace Ochako and wear her like a skin

>Uraraka realizes that Deku might end up killing a villain due to whatever reasons
>uses her quirk on him to float him above the battlefield, trying to subdue the villain non-lethally by herself
>villain kills her, causing her quirk to be deactivated
>Deku drops from the sky with a super smash, leveling multiple blocks in the city

Of course he doesn't, he's a bnhafag.

He probably think that just because Hori does something slightly different than what people expected he'd "deconstructing" the shonen genre. Nevermind all the shonen tropes Hori uses THEY DON'T FUCKING COUNT

Deconstruct my ass.

Obliviousness -> time skip -> haircut + children

But Ochako doesn't have enough hair for a haircut. Does that mean we'll get the delicious milf ponytail that comes down in front of the shoulder?

>You can do this in the video game
Do you think deconstructing means doing the opposite of what is usual?

Oh god I hope so.

>Obliviousness
but there's already been obvious attraction between them, they're just oblivious that it's mutual.

I'd seriously like any ships to be made official (or even shot down) before the end of the series, isn't high school when japanese kids are supposed to confess their feelings to each other?

>MUH DECONSTRUCTION MEME

they don't end up together

Deku blushes at every instance of big boobies near his reach, his attraction isn't mutual to Ochako. Besides, attraction =/= romantic feelings. As far as I know, Deku hasn't shown '' interest '' in Ochako outside of thinking she is cute, which he probably thinks of a lot of girls.

That would be nice, but this IS a manga aimed at young boys. They don't care about romance, they care about big tits and cool fights and manly everlasting friendships

Yep, shounen readers care so little about romance that 99% of series that run in WSJ have a love interest and end with the main characters getting together.

What? I don't think BnHA has done a single proper deconstruction.

He's a reconstructor, not a deconstructor. Just because it's good doesn't automatically mean it must be deconstructing tropes.

>Deku blushes at every instance of big boobies near his reach
does he? I know he doesn't blush at the prospect of simple conversation with most other females like he does ochako.

BNHA is not a deconstruction.

It's a pretty straightforward, kind of simple approach to the old tropes, but in a, usually, well done and refreshing way.

If Hori wanted to do something different, he'd just have Ochako and Deku just confess ASAP and he'd write their developing romantic relationship in a way to supplement the already common themes of heroism and one's role in society.

Their relationship can even just take a back seat to all the chaos of the current arc and that would still be a thousand times more refreshing than the same old shonen crush bullshit.

>If Hori wanted to do something different, he'd just have Ochako and Deku just confess ASAP and he'd write their developing romantic relationship in a way to supplement the already common themes of heroism and one's role in society.
That would actually be pretty cool. I think Hori might be skilled enough to do that, but I doubt the execs would be happy about it. Really would depend on if he wanted to do something like that and if they have the power and will to get in his way.

Even better is if they hook up, date for a bit, and then break up, but it's shown in a positive light. That actually WOULD be a deconstruction though (of True Love), and is probably really unlikely.

Not to mention autists screeching about how people can't break up and still be friends.

Surely you mean Togashi.

>So what will happen to Ochako and Deku
They both die old and alone because they can't keep their spaghetti in their pockets.

>Their relationship can even just take a back seat to all the chaos of the current arc and that would still be a thousand times more refreshing than the same old shonen crush bullshit.
there's that one page where ochako seems to decide that she wants to try that. the western comic influences Hori's drawing from would certainly lean toward a more casual attitude toward a relationship than the weird impossible reverence most shonens have. Xmen have schoolkids in relationship up and down, and spidey and maryjane did the whole have a relationship and be a hero thing for a while. even the current superman and wonder woman have (or had, I don't keep up) a two supers relationship. I'd love for him to subvert the shonen battle romance trope. anything, make it canon, blow it away, just don't string it along with no acknowledgement forever.

>deconstruct
pls stahp

FUCKING SHIPPING CANCER THERE ALMOST NO ROMANCE IN THIS MANGA FUCK OFF

>last panel

I get the impression Hori wants to have romantic relationships actually developed during the manga's run, but between editor meddling and the trappings of romance in shonen who knows what'll happen. But with all this focus on Ochako realizing how much she loves Deku it'd be retarded to shelve it until the end, and Hori seems like a pretty savvy guy. It's easy to believe something will come of it but with the current arc it feels like there's too much happening at once to give romance any sort of focus.

Honestly best thing for him to do is have two or three chapters spaced out about a confession or creating a relationship, then promptly putting it in the backround and focus back on Hero stuff. No need to drag things down with MISUNDERSTANDINGS, just have a couple panels now and then of them being cute and you can spend time on the real meat of the story.

Nothing at all, there will be no development and horikoshi will just put them together at the end of the manga just like every other shounen

Dumb user. This is why we have a bad reputation.

Who cares. Only good think about BNHA is Tamaki.

Is that you?

>162705511

N-No... That's scary

Bakugo will NTR Deku.

This exactly.
But unfortunately will happen.

>that last panel
LMAO

Well he got real flustered with Mei and her big tits. Certainly it might be because her titties are pressing against his chest, but still.

Uhuh, and most of the romantic content really starts from the female characters one-sided obsession/love for the MC. But rarely do shounen series give the romance airtime outside of the girl being all blushy and girly and harboring (one-sided) feelings for the MC. This is of course appealing to male readers because such cutesy feminine acts make the female characters more appealing to them, outside of just putting their tits on the table.

But when it comes to actually giving any kind of romance airtime, it doesn't happen. This is possibly to ensure a masculine/cool/badass vibe for the MC, because would he get entangled in romance, it would probably be really lame for the male readers to read about the MC they look up to be all romantic and blushy and cutesy with his loved one.

But of course the MC ends up with the girl, but that's all there is to it. He ends up with her, but the romance is never handled in the manga, just timeskip, we married with children, and that is enough. MC getting the girl in the end is '' cool '' and '' manly '' of course.

I'm looking at this from a normal Japanese male kids/teenagers point of view, so I might be completely mistaken lol.

It takes zero effort to deconstruct tropes. All you have to do is take a stereotype of comics and manga and say, "what if this was taken seriously with needless cynicism?"

It's taking something unreal and tries to ground it in reality, which completely misses the point of having it in the first place.

I love how even Ochako was like GODDAMN in that page. My only complaint is that it never seemed like Mei had a huge rack before, but suddenly she grew three cup sizes as soon as she landed on Deku.

Those boobs are 8/10 at best

>Do you think deconstructing means doing the opposite of what is usual?
Fuck no, but that's what bnhafags pretend it is.

It's not a reconstruction of anything. It would be a reconstruction if shonens about overcoming your limits/reaching for your dreams/protecting thoses you care about were extinct but that's not the case.

It's just a classic shonen.

>hur dur bnhafags
Fuck off, retarded. Stop tying what one person said with an entire fanbase.

Must be an needy AsspullxAsspullfag.

Retarded manga get retarded fanbase, the only way you'll get surprised by it is if you're part of the retarded fanbase yourself.

Considering everyone on Sup Forums joke about how obnoxious you guys are I wouldn't be surprised.

>Todoroki appears and shits on Frog's destroyed body

>Fuck off, retarded
>Must be an needy

No surprise that MHAtards can't speak English

by making it go off without a hitch and subverting out expectations that there will be any drama around it

Reconstruction by no means requires the classic to be dead. It doesn't even technically require a deconstruction of the particular trope to exist, although for obvious reasons it works way better if the deconstruction is present and poplar.

BnHA reconstructs plenty of concepts. The "Hero has a amazing One-of-a-Kind power" and "Hero keeps leveling up his power" tropes are merged with OfA, where there's a logical and rational basis for why Deku's power operates the way it does - and more than the classic versions of these tropes, it has a caveat that's worked around, and a serious one. Deku actually does possess a one-of-a-kind power, but he can't use it at max strength. So rather than mope about it, or undergo some nebulous training, or simply push through the inability like he does the first few times, he tries to train /around/ it in a well thought out way.

It also takes the deconstructive question for "The Mentor is stronger than his student": "Why doesn't he fight the big bad instead?" and gives logical reasons why that's the case. Allmight doesn't just Texas Smash Shiggy and AfO because he got hurt and can't physically use the power anymore: but he's still stronger than Deku and able to train him because OfA has a lot of intellectual components Allmight has to pass on that Deku can't or won't come across in time to beat up Supershiggy.

Basically it resembles a classic shounen, but only on the surface. That's by design though. Gotta look at the questions and answers underneath the all the muscles and punching to see if it's a decon, recon or classic.

Fuck off, bnhatard. I bet you felt smart writing that.

No, your shonen is not deep and it does not reconstruct anything. It is even potentially the dumbest shonen I've ever read and I would take pre-timeskip Naruto any day over the bullshit that you call "Hori's design".

>enter bnha thread
>call everyone a bnhatard
is this low quality bait or just basic shitposting?

For non-'muricans?

different football team.

>OP says something hilariously false.
>surprised when unrelated people come in and shitpost.

>Deconstruction
>Romance

Just have them develop their friendship and comradery organically. Baby steps. They fall for each other. Or realize they can't handle a relationship at that point in their lives that's more than friends.
Do the simple things simply and move on.

Hori makes promises he can't keep, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ochako/Deku thing fell through.

not surprised, just disappointed.

Reveal that Ochako wasn't actually in love with him but only looked up to him. She discovers this on her own and her infatuation becomes real friendship and the develop into something else.

Also reveal that Ochako was in fact training so she could beat/impress Bakugo and drop Ochacko vs Bakugo stuff in the background where she fucks with him just to piss him off and take the wind out of his sales.

Bakugo pulls a "muh bulma" moment when she's in trouble. Surprises everyone. Surprises bakugo the most.

>Bakugo pulls a "muh bulma" moment
why would you invite such fucking garbage writing on yourself? also why would he suddenly get overprotective of her when the takeaway from their sports festival fight was that she didn't need kid gloves and he knew it? fucking shippers, seriously.

He'll actually have Izuku, and Ochako confess to one another and/or start dating before the manga ends. That would be the complete opposite of every shounen end game.

I think it'll be time to update this for fujos, and shitposters.

This is my favorite thing now, I love it

>call everyone a bnhatard
>Waaah he was mean to me that means he's mean to everyone

No, I just really hope you bnhatard will finally get the message and fuck off to reddit. Your generals are already hugboxes, you won't even notice the difference.

Okay faggot, you got me.

user, it's shmaltzy siliness that will and has popped up in every single shounen and shoujo and piece of romantic anything.

The dude litterally rages out over a simple fucking match against almight.

Him seeing ochako in the same kind of trouble he was in at the beginning of the manga and going nuts would be an interesting twist.

Him doing that for ochako(if they really were a thing)wouldn't be out of character or surprising. The only thing surprising about it is that he actually likes her and would see her as more important then his wish to be number 1.

Bitches will be all over that shit.

The tournament itself was basically the only time she ever did anything. It showed that she could take care of herself it also showed that bakugo respected her.

That relationship is more fleshed out and their interactions have more potential for entertainment then deku and ochakos dull thing.

So is Deku actually quirkless, or does he actually have a really niche quirk that becomes broken with one for all? Something like augmenting and boosting other people quirks based on his own capacity.

>well I don't know if it will make it into 2017

It will probably be the next arc, it sounds like he just wasn't sure how long this current arc would go for.

Stop spamming thread Ochakofag. I know it's you faggot.

>quirk is being quirkless
>the user doesn't have the quirk alpha cells
>this allows All For One to store infinite quirks inside the person's body without turning him into a Noumu

Where did this meme come from?

No idea, probably people like to think BnHA isn't a by-the-books battle shonen.

The same type that think OP isn't generic when certain characters names are literal stock pirate names you can find anywhere like Blackbeard.

Some people are convinced that anything good has to deconstruct tropes or otherwise buck trends when that's utterly false.

>Deku-kun, if you kill the villain then you won't be "My Hero Academia"!
Fucking really?

dumb frogposter

Ochakofag's an attention whore, doesn't he usually post with a trip?

Shouto was traded to Arsenal

I think she was more shocked by the fact that some other hoe with a nice rack was on top of her husbando.

>it's shmaltzy siliness that will and has popped up in every single shounen and shoujo and piece of romantic anything.
a) this isn't a romantic manga and b) all the more reason not to do it, since it doesn't make sense in half the shit it's come up in.
>for ochako(if they really were a thing)wouldn't be out of character or surprising
the idea of them actually being a thing would be surprising. he's butted heads with deku constantly and is only just barely starting to treat him like he's not human garbage. even playful antagonism from ochako would be totally out of character for bakugo to find attractive, or even endearing for that matter.
>The tournament itself was basically the only time she ever did anything
he also flipped 13 into a submission hold and grounded toga on contact. if you're gonan shit over both being a couple pannel or toga then stabbing her with an IV you're missing the point that she's shown capability throughout the manga, she's just not been center stage really since the festival.
>It showed that she could take care of herself it also showed that bakugo respected her.
actually it didn't show that bakugo respected her. it was eraserhead that demanded she deserved the respect any potential hero deserved. Bakugo was treating her like any other opponent, but he very clearly doesn't respect ANYONE. he's never taken it easy on anyone, his going full bore at ochako wasn't a sign of respect, it was his standard operating procedure.
>That relationship is more fleshed out and their interactions have more potential for entertainment then deku and ochakos dull thing.
except it's not they have no relationship beyond what any two random members of 1-A have.

>what if Bakugo was a le tsundere guys, that would be so epicccccccc XD
Why do you tumblr fags have such a raging boner for Bakushit to the point of giving him the main girl. He doesn't like anybody, him having only Kirishitma as a friend is due to that.

Soon

I just realized Orihime is gonna fucking die.

I bet you think Mashima deconstructed shounen with rave master too

They'll never be shown getting together.
Deconstruction of the romance trope.

Ochako's probably gonna die near the end because so far things are going too well for their relationship

Do you people can't simply like and enjoy a series? Why do you need to try to convince yourselves and others that the series is different, special, etc with those pretentious analysis that are laughable for the rest of the people?

That's just how to poorly deconstruct though. You can easily do so while still being relatively light, because all deconstruction needs is to see things in a more realistic light . Like you have a guy with shit tons of zippers, but it causes problems for him because he can't find a lot of his items.

After a few more arcs they are going to start dating. It is simply going to be a nice side thing that these character will have in a similar way to todoroki being friends with iida and deku after stain arc.

Im joking. Its totally going to be an ending thing jumping from a confesion to a photo of them as adults with their kids. The bottling up these feelings thing sounds like hori putting that in the backburner untik the end

Eh, there's been enough instances of Ochako realizing her feelings that logically Hori would be building up to do something with it. I'm pretty convinced the introduction of the Yakuza and Eri arc is the sole reason something hasn't happened yet, because between the Costume upgrades, Mina calling Ochako out, her intervening when Hands threatened him in the mall, and other small stuff like what we say a couple days ago in the anime makes it pretty apparent Hori is building up to something, it's just a matter of whether this falls into the same trappings as other shonen.

Are saying that luffy is gonna end up bald?

This is all Aoyama's fault

Aoyama is the true hero of this story for getting this kickstarted