Kemono Friends

>gooks, chink and japs are uniting together
>nationwide news
>abe is using this to make a snap election for power and nobody gives a shit cause tanoshii
>big daddy Dwango has taken notice of Kadokawa's sudden decision
>Kadokawa giving a response to save face

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/all_nations2/status/912284454818693120
donbei.jp/kemono-friends/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-26/kadokawa-dwango-head-worried-about-kemono-friends-director-removal/.121862
twitter.com/kirik/status/912706470205988864
track5.mixtape.moe/qnmaqw.mp3
umabi.jp/kemono-friends/
twitter.com/kirik/status/912707143857430528
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone translate the full statement kudasai

If Yaoyorozu really is removed from 12.1
Doujin rulings of Kemono Friends project is not to use content from the official such as voices
However does having the same voice actors perform new lines really fall into this?
Something is not right here

When the fuck are we all going to japan to burn Kadokawa HQ to the ground?

Beast Friends Project A

Regarding 'Kemono Friends', we are already announcing the creation of a new imaging project, but we are considering continuing with the same regime from the beginning of the presentation or a new expression under the new regime, It is a situation that has not decided anything yet.

Under such circumstances, we prioritized the same system as TV animation broadcasted from January to March this year, adjusted to meet the expectations of viewers, but Yao Yorozu shares, animation production company Currently it is supposed to seek to withdraw from the company when it enters in August and seek out the production system from scratch.

Under the philosophy of animal first, "Kemono Friends" has developed with games, comics, animation and the stage by the hands of all people involved. We would like to expand the world widely by opening up the doors and helping people who agree with the philosophy. For that reason, as a project not belonging to anyone, we have repeatedly acted as an "animal's Friends" for animals.

However, Yao Yorozu Co., Ltd., who was in charge of animation production, had use of the work without information sharing and contact to all relevant parties. As a visualization project I wanted to ask for the next production, so we requested to normalize that we would like to share information in advance, but YaoYorozu Co., Ltd. can not accept that condition I wanted to decline, so it was an answer.

Regarding the visualization project of "Kemono Friends", although it is partially stagnant due to the circumstances as described above, the "Kemono Friends Project" will continue to protect the work with everyone who cooperates, protect the fans, animals I will continue to pursue my first intention to continue activities to get to know more about us. Regardless of the imaging, we will continue to make a report again as soon as possible.

From now on, I would like to ask you for various "Fugen Projects"

Just read the google translation, it's pretty clear what they said.

So, lemme get ut straight, kadokawa shat all over this just because in their eyes, a microshort thatits a dvd extra that was made with a peanut budget, was gonna make them lose money as well as standing on the company?

Thats beyond retarded! These dudes make a microshort dvd extra whose budget is worth some peanuts, and they do all this shit to spite them, despite the fact that they would recover the spendings BY THE BILLIONFOLD!?

WHAT COMPANY DOES THAT!!!???

>trying to claim Tatsuki wanted to withdraw
If that's actually what it says, this is the absolute biggest load of shit I've ever read. This dude clearly loved Kemono Friends more than anyone.

a greedy jew company

>we are considering continuing with the same regime from the beginning of the presentation or a new expression under the new regime, It is a situation that has not decided anything yet
They'll cave. The reaction they've gotten so far is nothing compared to what's going to happen in the next 24 hours.

It's really long to t/l but the underlying explanation is .

The statement calls out that Kemono Friends was always intended to be a multimedia project, not tied to any single group and that Yaoyorozu was acting against this. Basically, it's Kadokawa trying to shift the blame onto Yaoyorozu. Never mind that KF was literally dead before and Tatsuki's group is the one that revived it.

>映像化プロジェクトとしては次回の制作を引き続きお願いしたかったため、情報は事前に共有してほしい旨の正常化を図る申し入れをさせていただきましたが、ヤオヨロズ株式会社からは、その条件は受け入れられないので辞退したい、とのお返事でございました。
Kadokawa wanted all of Tatsuki's "doujin projects" to be preauthorized and approved, but Yaoyorozu wouldn't accept that, so they got kicked off the team.

The End.

twitter.com/all_nations2/status/912284454818693120

This... might not be officially licensed by Kadokawa, other than throwing in partial credits there.
donbei.jp/kemono-friends/

THEY FUCKING FIRED HIM BECAUSE HE LOVED KEMONO FRIENDS TOO MUCH?!

Japanese business being retarded as usual. I bet it has more to do with Tasuki not respecting the chain of command and the old people in charge getting ass blasted for it.

Yeah it's clear from his tweet that he was let go. What a load of bullshit

FUCK KADOKAWA

Now's not the time to be stalking us, Japan.

>yfw this becomes nationwide news.

I think they also said something about making shorts that they didn't approve of (to make them money)

The fire rises.

>This... might not be officially licensed by Kadokawa, other than throwing in partial credits there.
It has the ©けものフレンズプロジェクト on it. Who has the authority to authorize projects under Kemono Friends Project? As I understand it, the rights are split across countless parties.

It already has.

So they're saying he got fired because Yaoyorozu didn't communicate well enough with them concerning the extra stuff they did?

I'm not sure what to think, honestly. Some deep and cold part of me wants to say this somehow makes sense, but everything else says firing him, instead of just giving him some kind of warning or even drawing the removal out was a bad idea. I'm not a business man so I can't say what kind of decision they should have made. But it's pretty abundant that the one they made was not the best.

Yeah, Kadokawa. I'm sure that making everyone even angrier at you will do a lot to help your image.

This is amazing, the guy did it for free, with his own money and got fired for that?

Kadokawa fucked up.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-26/kadokawa-dwango-head-worried-about-kemono-friends-director-removal/.121862

twitter.com/kirik/status/912706470205988864
KADOKAWAいろいろ話が違う… 正直に書けばいいのに。

Translation?

12.1 was harmless, but it's more likely that 12.4 and the udon commercial were probably not signed off by the "other rights holders."

Didn't Yoshizaki say that they explicitly wanted to encourage fans to make their own shit? And now they're firing Tatsuki for doing just that. Fuck them so much.

Yeah but Yaoyorozu's Quirk is Creation so she can just create a new show.

Do we have info on those eps? Maybe they had unappropiate content or offensive content for kado?

I bet it was Peafowl

It's probably the bit where he gets complete freedom prior and then they decide to tighten the leash when kf got popular. I feel like that Tatsuki and his team were basically doing their shit on their own for all of the episodes and it's because it got popular that after he make 12.1 the higher ups realize that it's too much freedom

From google: "KADOKAWA A variety of stories are different ... I wish I could write honestly."

Do we have a rabbit hole here? Because this is looking like a rabbit hole.

12.4 was on an official album, the fuck?

>unappropiate content or offensive content
Yeah that pedal car offended me so much

There was nothing bad about them per se. However, Kadokawa wanted Yaoyorozu to run these projects by them (and other rights holders?) for preapproval (notification?) before doing such things and Yaoyorozu did not agree to such a condition, leading to the termination of their contract.

Or something like that.

Everything gets much uglier when money is involved.

No. It's either ©けものフレンズプロジェクトA, or ©けものフレンズプロジェクト with company list after that.

If they rehire him out of pressure, do you guys think that Tatsuki would come back easily?

>Oh shit everyone's pissed that we didn't re-hire the guy!
>What do we do?
>I know! Let's pin the blame on him!

If they thought the shitstorm was bad until now they've not seen shit yet.

I dont know dude, im just asking, i barely know what the show is about.

ARE YOU READY TO TEARS ANONS

track5.mixtape.moe/qnmaqw.mp3

(note, i stole this from some DMCA'd youtube translation, is probably bad)
A happy relationship from a strange fate, once in a lifetime chance meeting you,
Even a sleeve touching someone's sleeve is a start of precious encounter
Filling tightly the miracle all around the world,
I was able to meet you

Even if this blue spring ends someday,
And it flutters down with cherry blossoms,
We will definitely
Meet again somewhere

Dear precious you,
Who resembles me,
If you fell down and get wounded,
I will run with you anytime, to anywhere

Let's fall out and get angry once in while
If we see each other crying, then ease each other
Make the extra long scolding short

Let's go and find beautiful things,
And let's go and eat a lot of delicious things,
So let's be besties forever

Time passes really fast,
it's already the season for farewell
The things we've done
Bring tears to us

Blue spring now ends,
And cherry blossoms flutter down silently
Sadness surged into my heart
Sunset of farewell day

Dear precious you,
Who resembles me,
You are alright alone, so just look forward,
And run the widening road

Let's talk together sometimes,
And spew the unpleasant things
Listen carefully to extra long advice

Let's report happy things,
And let's make new encounter precious one
So, anytime, everlastingly...

Ah, we are standing now
On the start line, but we have different goals
Put away the memories,
And step out into future

Dear precious you,
Who resembles me,
You are alright alone, so just look forward,
And run the widening road

Let's have a break sometimes,
If we had enough break, then let's start slowly
I am waiting for extra long update from you
No matter how many rivals you make,

I will be your friend,

So let's be besties forever

Sounds insanely against kadokawas financial self-interest to do that, but maybe thats just me not understanding japanese business.

I'd like to think he would. I think he cares more about the project itself than any sort of jap honoru bullshit.

Every time something new comes out it gets worse

話が違う means "that's not what you said before", "changing your story"

Please stop posting Google Translations.

Life spoilers: businessmen often don't understand business very well either. They effectively fired a guy from a multimedia company for being too creative.

As I understand it, it went like this:

Yaoyorozuya's contract was up for renewal. However, their old contract permitted them to legally produce independent work, such as 12.1, 12.4, etc. Kadokawa attempted to negotiate as part of the renewal, the removal of that freedom. Yaoyorozuya balked. Kadokawa dropped them. Bad End.

>12.4
>udon commercial

What?

No, its the typical company expects project to fail so they give the one in charge almost unilateral control of said project as a scapegoat in advance - but in this case KF became massively popular, so Kadokawa is trying to reign in said director in anticipation of further profits. However he didn't cave so they pulled a power play and fired him, and for some reason thought this would be completely accepted by the fans lol. It'd be a different story if they had actually been more involved/invested from the start though.

>autists shitpost on twitter
>while well grown citizen dont shitpost in twitter

12.4 was an audio drama on an official CD, the udon commercial was a recent collab

He made 12.1 without getting their approval (And more importantly to them, their input) and are using it to claim that the studio is acting against the KF project's goals. And that he withdrew on his own because he refused to play nice (In other words they didn't rehire him because they wanted stronger control over the anime to bring it more in line with the other parts of the franchise they're handling).

The one I'm worried about with honorubu would be the company since I could see a Jap company fucking itself over out of stubborness

They could easily have said something like "we just saw the amount of support they have, so we apologize for any inconvenience and invite Tatsuki to work in the project again" but nope, they decided to throw even more fuel into the fire to make themselves look even worse.
If their stocks took some damage today already, then oh boy I'm looking forward to how things look tomorrow.

They probably wanted him to come back begging Kadokawa to let him onto the project. "Please, I'll sign away my independent production rights, please, I'll sign anything, just let me back onto Kemono Friends!" They were probably laughing to themselves about how Tatsuki would be back the next day begging for his job back. If he had they would have settled the whole thing and put Yaoyorozuya back on S2, which is what they were expecting.

What they were NOT expecting was for Tatsuki to not compromise and instead treat the rejection as a rejection.

What you said is almost true.
Kadokawa has destroyed a number of projects because of their desire.

This is starting to sound like just another case of corporate dick waggling with the smaller company losing and getting fucked as always.
Tatsuki got caught into the mess and probably had no say in any of this. It's really sad.

Autists are Kadokawa's main audience though.

This too.
©けものフレンズプロジェクト instead of ©けものフレンズプロジェクトA.
umabi.jp/kemono-friends/

So that could mean there is one party making money off the IP without chipping some back to the actual IP holder.

Is there anything in Japanese business culture that prevents people who fuck up from taking responsibility for it?

Muh honor

Yeah, its actually depressing when you think about it - They are SURPRISED he had actual PRIDE and didn't beg to be allowed back.

By keeping hype alive, keeping fans happy, and putting out a very well recieved project he obviously hurt the company image (or more importantly, the execs are butt-blasted they didn't have stronger control over it and were looking for an excuse to replace him with a yes man who will follow to committee decisions).

I dont think he will return.

What the fans should do is to fight so no more kemono stuff is made and kadokawa not profit from that so the original work is never tainted.

>dear shareholders, I tried to get us better deal by refusing to give the other party the same deal they had previously which cost us a few billion Yen
>also the entire population of japan hates us now
>but man we got a great contract with the new studio :D

There's a reason they got the reputation as being stubborn fucks during WW2

>KF was the proof that small studios could do wonder without the big corporate's control
>KF is killed by the big corporate wanting control over the small studio
It's so sad

keep things coming

They don't even have a new studio though. They probably didn't even have a replacement in mind, because it never occurred to them he wouldn't cave. Now they've got to find someone shameless enough to side with them. Doesn't seem like a great negotiating position to me.

Who wants to bet this is going away in a month and only the extreme autists will continue galloping on?

Boy am I glad I don't give a shit about Japanese mlp otherwise I might actually be mad

If you're not an extreme autist, get the fuck out of Sup Forums.

What the fuck if that's true this is the worst timeline possible

twitter.com/kirik/status/912707143857430528
>担当編集と上役の社内メンツを守るために会社ぐるみで問題を外部制作先に押し付けて騒動に拍車をかけるとか、常識的な企業の危機対応から見てもよろしくないように見えるし、事情を知る人々から本当のことを次々と暴露されると会社もろとも火達磨になって大事なお客様を失う展開ですよね、これ。

I don't know about that. The amount of publicity this fiasco is getting is in a magnitude of its own. Kadokawa spilling gas on the fire isn't helping either.

user tell us what it says!

What's it say?

China and Korea care? As far as I was aware it wasn't popular over there. The view stats on their respective streaming sites are very low

>20K retweets already
Sugoi

Just wait for Index s3 to be officially announced, that'll make people forget about this quickly.

About Kemono Friends Project A "Kemono Friends", we are already announcing the creation of a new imaging project, but from the beginning of the announcement we will continue to consider whether to continue with the same regime or a new expression under the new regime In the situation that has not decided anything yet at the present moment. Under such circumstances, we prioritized the same system as TV animation broadcasted from January to March this year, we adjusted according to the expectations of viewers, but Yao Yorozu animation production company In the present situation it is supposed to seek to withdraw from the company (kemono friends animation company) at the stage of entering August and seek out the production system from scratch

>Boy am I glad I don't give a shit about Japanese industry over the issue of creative control
It's not just a show that's damaged, small studios will now see themselves at risk of not retaining any creative freedom, and that burns out a lot of talented people

Small or big studios, doesn't matter, have almost always had 0 creative control.

>we are already announcing the creation of a new imaging project
That's it, KF or Kadokawa, one of them is over.

They would if they had capital and did original shows.
The business model for licensed works however is absolute crap.

It's always been like that in any country. Why do you care so much now and why do you think you or anyone can change it?

>They'll cave.
I hope that they don't. Mainly because of this
>The reaction they've gotten so far is nothing compared to what's going to happen in the next 24 hours.
I want them to have to deal big investor's bitching about lost sales, burned good will, and falling market value.

It's the 15th time we've seen this posted. We know.

Couldn't read it all but it's the same speculation of when things get so bad (which it did) that Kadokawa wants to cut ties with all aspects involving Tatsuki (Kadokawa's side wins), what is affected
>Studio holding Tatsuki
>Tatsuki
>VAs affiliated with the studio
>Studio not allowed to touch anything KF rely anymore
>Implications of small to mid sized studios' creative freedom/rights taken away

He didn't specify himself, he just said "It would be nice if [...] could speak honestly." Don't know what he means to say, but the difference really changes the meaning.

Fuck does that mean Chansaki and Motomiya's career are over?

Having the "it can't be helped" mentality certainly doesn't help though. Least that can be done is to recognize and reflect these shitty practices to the industry

He means, "Kadokawa has deeper pockets and better lawyers than I do."