What is his endgame?

What is his endgame?

death

To live a peaceful life with Casca.

beast of darkness

guts

He finally kills Griffith

To be Berserk™

to be a gruff edgelord until the author gives up and admits he has no idea where to take the story

Impaling Griffith.

The story of Berserk

BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND GOD HAND.
BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND then settling down with Caska.
The end.

Im at chapter 7 already and its kind of tiring me to continue.

Should I keep reading?

yes

Alright but can you give me some reasons without any spoiler

Killing Griffith, I honestly don't think he's planned ahead for anything after that is done.

GRIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

CLANG Grifitsuu

the story is nonsense but the art becomes amazing later
also if you like grimdark edgy shit then it's going to be your shit

It's a good manga

Alright I will keep continue reading it
th-thanks..

the struggle of being born

Black Swordsman was just about an edgy guy with a big sword killing monsters. It only becomes something more than that around when the Golden Age starts.

this

>endgame

LOL

Character development and the manga evolves over time. Your time invested in the characters and plot are hardly wasted because almost all of it becomes relevant later on which leads to re-reads after you're up-to-date. Once you're hooked on something without putting it down is when it "gets good."

Killing Griffith, but I'm not really sure that's still possible at this point.

Everything during The Count arc can be thrown into the trash and nothing will be missed. Start with Guts' birth and go from there.

>mfw brainlets
>literally
Why is Void so smart? Who do you think he is? What's his problem with Skull Knight? Was he the one who sacrificed the whole fucking Midland before?

why do you guys keep saying Killing Griffith. guts goal now is to live in peace with caska.

reunion with his true love, Donovan

I read it somewhere that it's generally Skull Knight being a warrior king with Void as his right-hand man who had a relationship similar to Guts and Griffith. Void went on wars as a battle craving madman while Void founded the Holy See for the kingdom. At some point a discord is struck between them and Void was tortured by SK to look exactly as he does now (skinned mouth, his eyes shut and had his cranial exposed as a mockery for 'spewing lies', being a visionary and for his sage wisdom). Void obviously took that to heart and cursed SK with his founders branded in a ritual that summoned Angels or the Idea of Evil which lead to the creation of The Brand while Void ascended to being the first of Godhand. If we followed the parallel between Guts and Griffith, you can assume that SK is trying to strike down Void for over a millennium; to undo his brand and as a form of vengeance for leading their path of ruin.

>founders
followers*

Void is Saint Albion as Mozgus explains.

I want Berserk to ascend into DEEP DARK ̶F̶A̶N̶T̶A̶S̶I̶E̶S̶ LORE with explanations on what the Idea of Evil actually is. We need Miura to give us an answer on whether humans are fundamentally evil or good.

How is it even possible to give a satisfactory ending to Berserk now? Griffith is basically a demigod while Guts can barely even beat an apostle without getting most of his shit wrecked.

*blocks your path*

fuck you black swordsman arc is good

It's just FOTNS with swords instead of fists. The Golden Age arc is objectively perfect.

It doesn't have to end with Guts defeating Griffith.

He has to not just beat Griffith he has to fucking destroy him it has to be a goddamn banquet of vengence to be a payoff for this shit

It's fine, but I would say it's the worst arc. Even ignoring Guts acting out of character, which is the most egregious element of it, there's not that much to it. It's just about a guy with one eye being an asshole and killing monsters, and while it's well drawn enough for that to be entertaining, there's just not that much to it. Even the later arcs of Berserk that have great writing and improved art that wasn't present in Black Swordsman managed to have better fights than the ones in Black Swordsman, despite cool fights being all Black Swordsman really had to offer.

A waifu that isn't retarded
slan

The story isn't just about Guts getting back at Griffith. He's moved on, more or less, for a while now. He just wants to live a quiet life with Casca at this point, Rickert's probably more interested in killing Griffith than Guts is at this stage of the story.

Everything the Black Swordsman Arc does, Lost Children does better.

Black swordsman arc is cheesy but awesome. It's the manga version of evil dead how could you not like it?

Just because it isn't the best arc doesn't mean it's not great.
I much prefer the dark, bloody arcs of the past to the cutsey shit we're getting now. Even if the writing was half-baked and full of future inconsistencies, it's still infinitely better than cute lolis not being ripped apart by ogres.
Not to say that's all that berserk is good for, golden age was probably the best arc, but I sat through it the whole time waiting to get back to the bloodshed because that's what berserk was for me.

I do think it's fine, but not great. I would disagree on Fantasia being worse as well, though I also don't really want to give a verdict on Fantasia because it's incomplete, but I also don't think that it not being as dark as you might expect Berserk to be makes it bad. My only major issue with Fantasia so far has been that Puck's comic relief is going overboard and persists even in situations that should be completely serious, and it all just fucks up the tone, but I still think there's more interesting stuff going on in the story right now than there was in Black Swordsman. Also, Conviction is the best arc.

What's great about Berserk is that it changes tone throughout the volumes that each arc has it's own iteration of Guts whether he was brash, young and edgy to a much wiser and patient man that he is now. I like all of it since the Guts we have now is almost fully developed and he's more down-to-earth because of the previous experiences. Every adventure and adversity he's taken in has molded him so you can clearly see it by reading into the details. For example, because he had a shit childhood, he's very fatherly, protective of children and they gravitate towards him as a parental mentor. Pic in shows when he was about to hit his berserk form until Caska's presence quickly erases it all from the usual routine you're used to and simply having to protect her reformed Guts in a lot of ways.

You post that image with your opinion but you forget that he went full ragetard when he met griffith reborn

>He just wants to live a quiet life with Casca at this point
t. Griffithtard
Guts will decapitate him and fuck the corpse (both parts) while thinking of Donovan cheering for him

I know, but the point still stands that he made the decision to turn away from facing Griffith so he could stay with Casca in that moment. I'm not suggesting that he's just forgiven Griffith and he wants to just let everything that happened go, but I do think that he prioritizes the safety and healing of Casca over revenge against Griffith.

Griffith's a dickhead and I'm sure if he made any move on Guts or anyone he knows, Guts would retaliate, but if he doesn't then I don't think Guts is going to bother himself with Griffith.

All fair points, but I'd say the development is solely on guts.
Puck used to be the conscience Guts never had, but now he's just extremely pushed comic relief, among other joke characters. Miura doesn't even take the time to draw him anymore, it's almost always the chestnut thing.
Farnese turned from a conflicted warrior-priestess to Guts loyal prospective harem member and designated tard wrangler. Serpico only seems to be there to help kill fodder, which Guts doesn't really need help killing.
The loli wouldn't be so bad if he toned down the shipbait with Isidro, but then he went and added another loli to the too-big cast.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the influx of characters and less-than-grimdark arcs is only benefiting Guts character right now, but that goes both ways because it's putting his desire for revenge on the shelf to portray his humanization, which is odd considering this is a man who's never lived in a city outside of a standing army.

>"GUTS! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAY 'I SACRIFICE!"
>"I sacrifice... myself!"
>using his body as a conduit, Guts becomes Jesus and fixes everything

>Everyone thinks Guts is dead
>the ground is shaking
>GRIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHH
>guts comes back from fucking hell

>Guts is infinitely weaker than Griffith, literally no way he stands a chance
>guts sees all the people he became friends with on the journey
>becomes supersaiyan and beats griffith
>"I WON CAUSE I HAVE FRIEEEEENDS"

Can Guts ever escape hell?

This.
Just without a horse or shield and with a bigger sword.

He's literally living in hell

>literally no way he stands a chance
Have you forgotten Dragonslayer was able to damage Slan? And that Femto had to dodge Skully's attack, with the same kind of half-astral weapon as the Dragonslayer?
Guts can fuck up literally anything by now.

Yes

>Everything during The Count arc can be thrown into the trash and nothing will be missed
Kill yourself

>I sat through it the whole time waiting to get back to the bloodshed because that's what berserk was for me.
same but for me it was the old anime, I did not read the manga at that point but I knew that there will be monsters and demons nshit

as it seems to be setting up griffith's body(the demonchild) will probably work against him causing his demise somewhere down the line when he faces guts(because the familial bond), right?
It is not Guts's rage or some magical power, it is humanity that will bring down Griffith

A fellow man of taste

oh boy

Reminder that when Casca gets unretarded she's going to run back to Griffith and so she can fuck him while Guts watches and strokes his canon micropenis.

>"He truly was...BERSERK."

This is what actually happens
I am Miura

Is Griffith going to give the Femto-dick to Schierke in front of Guts?

Why is guts winking in every pannel?

I'm gonna sue for this line

Read the manga

He is actually a really cheeky guy.

I guess you could say it takes GUTS to read/watch Berserk, haha

Miura should just get berserk over with and work on his true passion, drawing sexy lolis

The hell is this from? Havent seen these characters in berserk.

I want to draw lolis for a living

Amen, and throw in some science fantasy too.

Schierke best girl

For a guy who like lolis so much, Miura's non-lolis are a lot cuter.

From the Grunbeld novel

Believe in your dream and do it.

Did they fuck? why are they both naked and she's making that face at him?

Was Miura turned by idolmaster or was he always a lolicon deep inside?

Little girls shouldn't have a butt like that

He looks like he is recovering from a fight and is waking up in the forest and she might be some forest spirit.

Oh man

Why not?

cause if they did, I would become a monster

bump

>Casca unfucks herself
>Guts just wants to settle down with her
>She says they have to go after griffith
>????
Murata has his work cut out for him. He needs to make it long, epic, and plausible without using writer conveniences since he laid nothing out for guts to be easy up until then, except for mermaids, but then again it was only the one time.

>Guts says he's tired of fighting and all that shit and just wants to settle down
>Caska goes on a crusade with the sole purpose of killing apostles

>cuts his current group with dragonslayer
>only instead of killing them, he absorbs their spirit
>the spirit of camaraderie, loyalty, of friendship, of love
>dragonslayer turns into the idea of good
>bursts open and imbues guts with energy
>"No Griffith, your own dream is just a NIGHTMARE for others"
>"K-Kusooo guts-kun!!!"
>griffith turns good after being sliced by DS

Casca wanting to get revenge and Guts relenting sounds plausible to me

How is Guts going to defeat him? He can't dodge arrows that fast.

irredeemable villain?
>Griffith gets killed
>Oh, now that I have killed Griffith, he has reincarnated as a baby/he has taken on a new form without power/he's fucking become an innocent somehow or the other
>Hopefully he can live this life as a good person!