Will Violet Everkino live up to expectations?

Will Violet Everkino live up to expectations?

Ever since this got announced as a novel, like 2 or so years ago, this board has jerked each other off because of it. It will obviously not live up to expectations. It doesn't matter how good it might turn out to be.

It's a light novel adaptation so expectations should be really low.

Whoa, new screenshots. This looks fantastic.

It's already confirmed to be AOTY 2018

Netflixed

Even if the anime is hot garbage at least we have some pretty visuals and animation to look forward to

>‘It’ was a bewitchingly beautiful doll. Golden hair shining as though ‘it’ had been born out of moonlight. Blue orbs that glowed like gems. Bright rouge-colored lips so plump as to seem they had been pressed hard. A Prussian blue jacket under a ribbon-tie snow-white dress that bore a mismatched emerald brooch. Cocoa brown knitted boots that stepped steadily onto the ground.
Can't wait to see it. This prose it soo good, holy shit, I am jerking to it right now. Sasuga GodAni.

>expectations
I just want to see Kyoani try and top Hyouka in terms of beauty.

It looks like a budget monster. Bit dangerous

>This prose it soo good, holy shit

Kyoani has to come up with a popular title to compensate for its flops

The expectation of having an overly animated first episode, sure.

I've read that the novel suffers from over-explanation. Like the author is G.R.R.M. on steroids and takes too much time describing every little thing and that it gets tiring after a while.

Yeah, but my expectations are low. Light novel adaptation done by B-tier Kyoani staff? Not super exciting.

le budget mene

I saw the first episode and the plot is awful forced drama shit

Isn't telling us that going to change the outcome of the past, Mr Titor?

Why does my favorite anime not look this way?

>implying they didn't have pre-airings

newfag?

Because your favorite anime has good writing.

waow, I don't know what to think. Wjat a revelation

1st episode was screened in summer at some anime con but that guy is just a buttmad kyoanus hater

it'll be mediocre just like everything else kyoani has made in the last decade

>clannad
>mediocre
maybe the first season but you gotta look at it as a whole

>clannad
>not mediocre
it had good moments but it was ruined by the ending.

Will it be the most kino show of the season? Maybe even year?

Decade, even

What does kino mean?

It will look great but disappoint on everything else.
Like Phantom World or Hyouka.

shit

German for film

Every Kyoani show gets overhyped and in the end people get disappointed.

>Not even while being a machine girl can she be left with wet clothes. As a change of clothes was necessary, she lay a bathrobe around her supposedly perfect body and headed for the bathroom. It had been a while since anyone other than Oscar regularly used it, so in a lapse of memory, he entered it without knocking and ended up seeing her while she was had not changed yet.

>“Ah, I’m sor… ry… eh?”

>He swallowed his breath due to perplexity.

>“EEEH?!”

>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.

>Her artificial arms consisted of metal rings from the shoulders to the fingertips. But it was only them. Despite the many scratches, other than the arms, the rest was surprisingly real skin. With that delicate body, she did not seem at all like a mechanical doll, but a relatively normal human being.

>With everything he had believed in until then being mantled over by the shocking revelation, Oscar tried to confirm what he was seeing many times.

>“Master.” Violet called with a voice that seemed to be judging him as he continued to ogle in astonishment.

>“UAAAAAAH! UAAAAAH! UAAAAAHAAAAAH!”

>Part of the outcome of that incident was Oscar’s screaming. The other was him half-crying while going beet-red, after having yelled on top of his lungs, frantically inquiring, “Are you human, after all?!”

>Wrapping a towel around herself, Violet plainly commented, “Master is, truly, a troublesome person.” Her cheeks were rose-dusted as she muttered, her face a little lowered.
Is novel a true litkino?

I wasn't disapointed by hibike or maidragon

Cinematic.

>“UAAAAAAH! UAAAAAH! UAAAAAHAAAAAH!”
I don't know about the rest, but this bit is really good.

By the looks of they might actually be able to top that.

Man, that movie is good but it sure is overrated

kino dance moves

When has KyoAni disappointed? That's right the answer is never.

This is the kind of thing that would benefit from an anime adaptation, because you can accomplish in 5 seconds what would 7 minutes to read through because all of what is described can be put in a single shot and it wouldn't take away anything.

This. Literally all you have to do to translate it into anime is a moving shot.

/thread

I completely forgot this part of Lucky Star even existed. What the fuck was that?

Shouldn't be too long until this gets another trailer, right?

Can't wait for the scene where guy walks on her undressing and gomenasais.

Why did Sup Forums use a germ word to signify the highest art when Krauts are a retarded, nation-wrecking mongrel race?

The first episode adapts chapter six of the first novel and chapter two of the second so there's no need for that scene to establish that she's human, it'll probably be altered or cut.

>implying Sup Forums won't hate it thanks to IRC/Discord + Steam

Reminder that there is at least one steam group that has been made for the dedicated purpose of organizing shitposting on Sup Forums and /jp/.

I'm guessing you're one of them.

>GRRM on steroids
Sounds awful.

>Implying Hyouka was bad
Slow, maybe, but not bad.

Hyouka did not disappoint one bit.

it was slow and bad

so Tolkien or Tolstoy basically?

Name one thing actually wrong with it. It was a detective show. Were you expecting constant fanservice and fast paced action?

the annoying shitty characters

How specific. What didn't you like about them?

I'm curious.

It didn't have enough fightan or guns. The mysteries were all set in a high school as if the characters were high schoolers. Too much focus on characters instead of on finding the murderer. Too much focus on production quality and artistic style. Too slow paced for my attention span.

>“EEEH?!”
Fucking dropped.

The problem is that Kyoani hyped this up so much that people are inevitably going to be let down by it.

Kyoani once again finds a way

They already have.

>Judging a LN's prose by an autistic translation

This is going to look beautiful as fuck but the writing and/or characters are going to be lackluster. Just like for Kyokai no Kanata.

>It was a detective show.
With shit mysteries, where you're supposed to self-insert into Oreki and masturbate.

Looks like a parody of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei just from looking at the screencap but I haven't seen Lucky Star in almost a decade so I don't remember the context of the scene

I think you mean masturbate TO Oreki

Yuri?

>Hyouka.
>disappoint

You know what, this is a valid fear to have for the show, and I feel the same way, but I'm a bit more optimistic.
I felt like the characterization of KnK was it's strongest point, though the writing fell on it's head near the end, and the sequel movie wasn't a sequel, it was a retread of all the themes and character beats presented in the show, albeit, done a whole heck of a lot better.

If the director has learned from KnK this could be great, and what I say of it an AX was really good. It's paced really well and the writing was good.
KnK's first episode was fucking awful, but it got better and better up until the last two episodes, so who knows how VE is going to turn out.

But KnKs best episode is the idol one which is in the middle. I don't know where you got this keeps getting better and better

>But KnKs best episode is the idol one
Stop memeing.
But to be clear, what I mean to say is that it was getting better until the last two episode as the plot moved along, then it started going way downhill in the last 2 or 3 episodes and had a terrible ending by trying to cop out of a sad but meaningful one.

Aside from the rushed pacing of that one girls character arc in the episode just before the Idol one, each episode was a good deal better than the last, with episode 8 being the most dense and well written on in the series.

My expectations are pretty low so it probably will.

>tumblr filters
fuck off