Nothing beats a jelly filled doughnut

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_Media_Inc.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

EAT YOUR HAMBURGERS APOLLO

YOUR FATHER WAS AN AVERAGE WARRIOR, BUT A BRILLIANT SCIENTIST!

If you expected a literal translation you're hopelessly retarded and autistic. This was a dub primarily aimed at an audience below the age of 10 taking place in a fantasy world designed so that kids are supposed to project themselves into regardless of race and country.

No one dubs for 20 year old weebs with autistic standards who will pirate all their shows subbed regardless.

Weren't you already dead 4Kids?

Yeah only weebs can comprehend a rice ball

Stil, jelly donuts?

t. 4kids

I don't know what's worse about this, the assumption that children are too stupid to understand the concept of riceballs (it's a ball made of rice) or the assumption that they're stupid enough to think those things are jelly donuts when they should know what jelly donuts look like.

At least in a later episode they edited an onigiri into a sandwich, that was marginally less retarded.

They look the closest like Dunkin Bits. The Jelly filled ones tend to be white.

No one eats rice balls anywhere in the west. And to anyone outside of Japan who isn't a try hard weaboo it sounds odd and unpleasant. The point is that Brook had made something that's supposed to sound like a sweet delicacy to the audience. That's what matters.

The characters reactions fill in the blanks. Kids arent retarded

>onigiri
>sweet delicacy

Well then most kids would be thinking why the fuck are they eating a ball of rice.

Nigger, we're talking about a world where dragons live in your pocket. Do you really think balls of rice as a snack is the weirdest thing in this universe? Do you really think kids will be confused over that in a show where giant turtles can grow canons out of their shells?

>Make a show for children
>Don't educate them about other cultures

Holy shit. You are dead wrong. But I know I'll get no support here because you think belittling dubs make you sound smarter and 'in'.

These sweets could easily pass for Munchkins, a very common dessert in America. It's a lot more appetizing for the audience. No one eats rice balls in America and no one wants to because it sounds disgusting. Especially to kids.

If Pokemon had been too Japanish it would have never worked the way it did in the rest of the world.

There's some retarded idea flowing around that you shouldn't subject children to people who are any different from you.
I once overheard a mother who was worried about sending her kid to the same kindergarten as a Muslim. Not because she was worried about explosions, but what if her child noticed that the Muslim kid couldn't eat pork?
How can a small child cope with such a realization?

If you think 4kids was and is the norm for English dubs then you are even more retarded than you let on.

4kids knows better than you what's best for their target audience and how to make the most out of localization.

They're also the biggest dubbing company for a reason. The Japanese companies agree with their approach.

>They're also the biggest dubbing company for a reason
user they've been out of business for years

>They're also the biggest dubbing company for a reason.
does 4kids even still exist
i thought they died years ago

bankrupt in 2012 after years of no profit

does funimation have an in-house dubbing thing? I sawa part of the dub for tsugumomo and it seems really 4kids.

>They're also the biggest dubbing company for a reason.

Konami acquired 4kids and rebranded it as 4KMedia. They continue to do the dub for the YGO anime.

Yes Konami saw fit to continue 4kids's legacy of bastardizing the YGO anime. Just one more thing to hate Konami for.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_Media_Inc.

IIRC they quit with ARCV and theres no plans for VRAINS

Maybe if pokemon had a popup segment that explains what the fuck is in a riceball
but it didn't because it was not made to educate on different cultures

They're still dubbing Arc-V user. They're even on the last season now so they will actually finish dubbing an entire YGO show this time.

Did they make a statement about not dubbing VRAINS?

>what the fuck is in a riceball

Truly one of the greatest mysteries of our time. A child couldn't possibly hope to understand the intricacies of onigiri.

delet this pic kudasai still hurt

What is the idea of the black one being taller?

>take a show for children
>mutilate the soundtrack to change every song, which includes classic pieces, with "digimon, digital monsters"

>take a book for children
>change part of the title cause kids are too dumb to know or care about medieval alchemy

what i heard was that she was somehow made before the 3

she is a secret prototype that was too destructive so she banished herself to the moon or something but then came back for an epsiode and then disappeared again

I didn't actually watch I just read an article somewhere

To horrify small children that an evil black imposter has infiltrated the gang and will never be ousted

Aaaand it's bait.