What what do you think the Haibane are?

what what do you think the Haibane are?

babby's first OMG SO DEEP anime.

>reading comprehension

>all these people like it but I didn't
>they must be saying they like it to look cooler
so what do you think the Haibane are?

Winged onaholes.

Everyone is dead and in purgatory. For real.

Do their wings twitch when they orgasm?

why it's only them who have wings while the citizens don't then?

Something something suicide something something redemption

babby's first "everyone is jesus in purgatory"

The only thing the show asks you to do is not take everything at face value.

0 name-dropping, 0 tryhard cinematography, simple dialogue, blatant abstract symbolism that's woven into the narrative for a specific purpose, the characters get psychologically affected by it, doesn't answer the questions it asks because doing so actually helps the thematic core exploration without betraying it.

The show is actually very accessible and the elements that can make it appear pretentious actually help the thematic exploration therefore stopping it from being that.

Great show, would rewatch again.

Everybody except the angsty angel that tried to take advantage of people's unconditional kindness by manipulating them for a selfish gain.

And Jesus is in all of us motherfucker, don't you know that?

Citizens aren't in limbo. They're residents of the limbo, existing for the sake of guidance towards redemption.

Pretty much. They are seen as God's "ideal" people, living virtuous lives because it is inherently the right thing to do and not because they are obsessed with what potential lies beyond the wall.

Monthly reminder that using Haibane Renmei for shitposting is morally wrong.

>tfw thought that pic was text and hovered my mouse over it for like 5 whole seconds

good show but it seems like much of the mysterious unexplained stuff doesn't serve much purpose, since the story itself is a pretty straightforward purgatory allegory

I want to rape Rakka until she is so emotionally damaged she can't have her day of flight. That way I could keep her forever.

Like what? The only things that aren't explained are "what lies beyond the wall" and "where do the haibane and regular people come from"? In other words, pretty basic existential questions that are taken advantadge of within the narrative and left open to interpretation to reinforce the thematic exploration; i.e Haibane offers a solution to accept and find peace in the unknowable by putting an exploration of altruism at the forefront.

And it helps with the dreamy presentation too, which also has its purpose (and not for immersion only).

Remember, only used goods. A virgin won't do.

To be more specific about the "dreamy presentation part having a grander purpose", the whole show works as a nostalgic haze inside which obvious questions are raised but not answered, that haze is created thanks to the show's melancholic atmosphere, particular tone, literary devices and "show don't tell" situations. The role of that haze is to organically project the anime's core themes (self-awareness, self-realization, self-acceptance, etc, etc...) onto the viewer, and it's pretty effective at doing that.

Who cares? This was the most pointless anime ever created. I wish I could unwatch it and do something useful with that time.

>ADHD ridden teenager (or manchild) who completely missed the point of the anime.

Such a beautiful story.

*crack* *crack*

Seeing your tiny joke of a dick will make her laugh, only sad Haibane stay in Glie.

Haibane is surprisingly Christian.

allegory? No, it's literally purgatory.

Abe said this animation was made in just six months.

Why their wings must be so small?

They're cuties

yea I was reading about this, he was finishing the script/rewriting the ending as they were about to start recording for that episode. crazy how they were able to finish it in time and have it work so well.

because they aren't supposed to be able to fly (except on their day of flight which is more metaphorical it seems like). It shows how they are different from the normal people and are meant to "leave the nest" someday but not yet

Allegory for life with its philosophical limitations, the concepts of "hell, heaven and purgatory" are altered to make a psychological difference.

One of the main reasons the anime feels so genuine when you experience it. It's good enough on its own to stay on its feet and allow the palpable rawness to hit your soul.

cute

Communicator best girl.

They are a bunch of whiny crybabies.

Name some other shows that do that