Katekyou Hitman Reborn!

Now that the dust has truly settled over the years, what did you think of Hitman Reborn? Admit it, you enjoyed it on some level.
I'd say the last couple arcs were a terrible drop in quality, but I think in the beginning it did a good job of transitioning from gag manga to shounen battle stuff.
Varia Arc was great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3pGfF3PN3_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i got to like episode 45 and gave up

Good till future arc.

Absolutely loved it.

Definitely a show where character interactions shine over story/plot

Future Arc was terrible. Boxes, Rings, Spiritual Animals, Motorcycles, what the fuck?

I really enjoyed the first few arcs a lot. The characters were cool and interesting, and so were their powers and abilities. It was really funny, and then when it turned serrious it did a great job. The Vongola 7 versus the Varia is a great example of shounen done well.
It's a shame that most of the following arcs followed the same formula of "7 new bad guys turn up and the 7 Vongola members have to fight them one on one".
Still, it was pretty cool and I loved it back when it was published/airing.

I really liked it, hated the fanbase though

Nearly five years later and it's a bit sad that he didn't get to choose between Kyoko or Haru.

I suppose it's for the best though?

A mafia boss doesn't have to choose

One of those series that make me feel nostalgic and i still like, even if they weren't THAT good. Also i didn't mind the Simon family and i liked Enma desu.

The ending was so shit. No real conclusion, it just showed everyone being happy, and nobody paired up. Haru should've won.

Wasn't around for the fanbase, what were they like? I imagine the series drew a lot of fujoshi in.

Also what the fuck happened to Dr Shamal? He was a really cool character but was completely forgotten about once they started the Future Arc stuff.

Pretty much this. Was good until this arc and then everything went downhill with such a shit ending.

The arc with the 7 rings was top tier in term of shonen arcs.

I quite liked it, and I've been waiting for Amano's next work. She did the character designs for Psycho-Pass but apart from that it seems she hasn't done anything. I enjoyed Reborn so I'd like her to do a new original manga sometime.

Didn't she do another series with an alien pet or something? I remember reading a couple of chapters but it didn't really grab me. She really loves drawing cute animals, doesn't she?

It's alright, the mafia thing was pretty cool.
I probably wouldn't have anything nice to say if I rewatched it though

Went back and checked, turns ot i remembered correctly. She has another series called eldlive (even got an anime), might give it a try again.

Haven't heard of that, is it still running or just one of those one-offs that didn't quite take off?

The mafia-themed premise was quite good and original, and I liked the Italian references and things. It was really popular for a while but in the end they did cancel the anime because it just got too close to the manga, resulting in episodes with 8 minutes of actual adaptation, 8 minutes of filler, and 8 minutes of post-credit skits. Not popular enough to warrant a new anime, kinda like Bleach.

eldive sucks dick
she can't write that well

But her art and character designs are top tier

Huh, might check that out actually. Even know Amano's work attracts a lot of yaoi/fujoshi audiences, I can't help but love her art style. The Vongola in their white shirts with black sweaters was really aesthetically pleasing, and the Psycho-Pass designs she did were really good as well. Thought it was a shame she didn't do more stuff so it's good to know she's still going.

I really liked it up until the Future Arc. Can't remember if I just dropped it in the middle of that because it was boring or if it was because I heard about the manga's ending. It was probably the first one, but hearing how basically all of the MC's character progression gets reset was bullshit. The batter was probably my favorite character, but the boxer was also cool. Actually, I liked pretty much the whole cast and even the wimpy MC since he actually stopped being a wimp when it mattered.

Kyoko is literally just Tsuna with eyelashes and a better haircut. Together they'd be one of the blandest couples in chinese comic history.

But Haru belongs with Gokudera.

>eldive Sucks dick
Nice opinion Eldive is way better than KHR

Like other anons are saying, I dropped it during the TYL arc. I really enjoyed it up until that point, my favorite arc being the first one with Rukuro. I tried reading through it again many times after that but end up dropping it at different points during TYL every time. I wanted to get to the rival family stuff after it but can't justify skipping a whole arc no matter how much it sucks.

Nope, the manga was a goddamn mess and only seems to get by because retards like OP and everyone in this thread had some longing nostalgia for it. As a gag manga it was dull and as a battle shounen it was shit, it only really got by because of fujoshits.

>eldlive
Only saw the anime, it was pretty borring and the plot was just all over the place. MC and everyone have the most borring powers to come out of a shounen. It was honestly nothing like reborn(and not in a good way) other than the character designs.

I'd just like to mention how triggering it was to learn that Tsuna had white hair, and Gokudera white hair, when in the manga their drawn almost exactly opposite

I somehow stuck with it tell the end. It had its ups and downs. The beginning arcs were great, but everything slowly went down hill after the future arc. Also, the anime ost was actually pretty good.

I got hooked after reading the first chapter or so on weekly shonen jump. I was a sucker for the oddly specific powers the death bullet gave. The Varia arc was pretty cool, mostly because the first arc introduced me to the characters and everyone had a cool little moment. After that, I pretty much don't care.

monthly*

I liked it but Future arc dragged waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for my taste
The mango was fun until majin boo, then it was just sad and i wont talk about the ending because i dont want to get pissed.

Nope its garbage, the fact you could place the final chapter after the first and you'd realize the only difference is the MC got friends. He had no character development

Once the real funeral wreaths got revealed by Byakuran the series passed the bearable point and delved into complete garbage zone.

It's a shame the future arc sucked so badly. The simon arc and the final arc were amazing.

One of my guilty pleasures even though I knew it was bad, the powers, the girls, the character designs, and anime ost are all what kept me watching and reading the series. The Vindice were probably one of my most favorite shounen villain group.

Watched it when I was like 13? And it was one of my first long stuff. I enjoyed it, it was enjoyable and the gears were rad. Wouldn't rewatch it though, I'd rather let it stay like a good memory.

Peaked at the varia arc

future arc killed it and then the final arc shat on its corpse, i couldnt believe it actually got worse after the future arc. only reason i finished was because hibari was a boss.

Literally dropped it in the TYL arc when Tsuna spent like 30 chapters in mechanic overalls trying to perfect some new technique or whatever and then pokemon were introduced.

I don't understand how it went from mildly funny comedy, to decent slapstick shonen to kickass shonen action during varia arc and then into some massive clusterfuck.

I tried really hard to get into the manga and it didn't seem to excel in any particular way or have any memorable traits. I remember introducing the characters was a terrible slog of just going through the motion of introducing incredibly typical archetypes with little substance behind them.

What's wrong with the fanbase

The ending made it pretty clear it was a waste of everyone's time.

>the fight is going badly
>good guy is on his last legs
>enemy about to deliver the finishing blow
>good guy looks down
>and smirks
>youtube.com/watch?v=3pGfF3PN3_Y
>BABABAN BABABAN BABABAN BABABAN
>new technique revealed
>good guy explains all the ways the enemy is btfo'd
>finishes the fight by uttering the new tech's name

It was just so good. So cheap, but it worked every single time. Even if they ended up losing after (eg: 20 years Lambo) it was just so hype.

Also Vongola Rings arc best arc

I kind of like how it dramatically it shifted from a gag manga to a battle manga.

It had some cool techniques and super powers I thought. X-Burner and everything Yamamoto did was great,

The Vindice had amazing designs, in fact one of the best things about the series was its character designs.

>Once the real funeral wreaths got revealed by Byakuran the series passed the bearable point and delved into complete garbage zone.
This was so, so bad. You finally think the arc will reach its end and suddenly it's revealed that the big bads you've defeated weren't the TRUE big bads, so here's 6 more for you to fight! Also go learn to drive a motorbike!