Serial Experiments Lain

Ok so tell me if I have this right:

Lain is some omnipotent internet AI, a piece of which is put into a human body. Certain people want to break down the barrier between the internet and the real world by using stuff such as natural global resonance waves that affect people's brains and using data from experiments on tapping into children's psi energy wirelessly. Breaking down the barrier will essentially wirelessly link all humans to each other without any hardware interface needed. Lain is the last piece of the puzzle to accomplishing this, I guess they needed some information on human brains that they could only get by having the AI inhabit a body and grow up with a relatively "normal" life, thus the need for the fake family.

The internet protocol is about to be updated and some secret code was inserted in that will trigger the break down with human Lain's help. The guy who made the code killed himself but his consciousness lives on in the internet where he plays God and tries to push Lain to break the barrier down fully. As the series progresses, the barrier weakens, so Lain's omnipotent internet powers allow her to do shit like change people's memories. However, the other versions of Lain also are able to influence and interact with the real world as well, which causes her some troubles.

Eventually the barrier breaks down, but Lain is disatisfied with this outcome, so she alters everyone's memories and maybe even constantly alters their perception of the world so that they are unaware of the break down and continue living on as if the real world is the same. She also maybe destroys the other versions of herself so they can't get in her way/cause trouble??? Since the barrier has broken down, Lain still retains her omnipotence, but she chooses to just watch humanity without interfering, becoming God in a way.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(Gnosticism)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alex Jones was right

you pretty much got it, but Lain isnt an AI i dont think.

what is she then?

I'm pretty sure there's only one Lain with multiple personas.

There are 3 Lains.
First is the timid Lain. Second is sassy Lain, who is timid Lain's alter-ego in the Wired.
Then there's evil/fake Lain, created by the Knights.

A god that put the idea to MAKE god in the minds of the people that build the internet protocol that created her

I think its kind of a semantic thing. like they clearly don't all share the same consciousness or goals, and they appear at the same time sometimes so they must be somewhat separate entities unless those scenes are just symbolic or something?

Who is the Lain that likes to watch people masturbating?

all three

Fake Lain
But the real Lain knew about it too

bear lain is best lain

All Lains are best Lain.

>AI
>memories
Nah, it's God and reality. She brought a dead girl back to life. The alteration of memories change reality because reality is only perception.

post more rare lains

So I just was this show the question it's always the same haha. Valavala just first time valavala. Insert "I don't umder stand" haha what a great LAIN referents. Ha Ha that's a referents to SERIAL EXPERIENTS LAIN I watched that show I UNTASTUD.

I GOTTA GIVE IT REPOSE:
[Reply]
Regret you honest man.

OH WOW IT S A INSIDE JOOOKE WOW! IM IT TOO

[Reply]
Elopes you hold a deer.

A HA HA HA WOW IT'S LAIN IT'S THE SHOW It'S REALLY SERIAL EXPERIEMNTS LAIN. ME TOO ME TOO.

[Reply]
Wilt anischer in and near.

W O A H. IT'S THE THE REAL OPENING. IT'S THE REAL THING. WOW.

I don't figure it out. Explain the point of this.

wat

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(Gnosticism)

There we go. Someone else is onto it.

What is Lain remains a mystery iirc, a god is the most plausible because she doesn't have a definite origin and has total control over both "reality" and the wired. In the late episodes she dethroned Eiri as a god because he lacked those features, before Eiri was autoproclaimed "god of the wired" he was just a regular human working for a company, and even as a "god" he never had power over reality as Lain does.