Re Zero

I just finished watching this yesterday, I think this scene in particular ruined the series for me
>MC: hey let's run away and live together, Rem
>Rem proceeds to say a lot of awesome things about MC in order to cheer him up
>MC spergs on her hard
>Rem still understands him, tries to cheer him again AND confess she loves him
And he was like "okay now Im fine, but I love Emilia anyway, now help me with all this while I court another woman"
What the actual fuck, is this some anime only bullshit?
Re: Zero Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u3VJggF6
docs.google.com/document/d/1_wOtTltdwZhHK0UKaV1AelPcA-K70SdWPcY3FTBJGnA/mobilebasic#h.k6z2h15fdxmk
remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/arc-5-subaru-visits-rem/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, but keep reading retard

On which volume does the anime end? Or it's prefered to read it from the start due to missing stuff from the adaptation?

It's a ton to explain, here's the pastebin
pastebin.com/u3VJggF6
But to answer your question the anime ends near the end of Arc 3, and it's near the end because if they continued Re: Zero would've caused mass suicide, you'll see. Follow the pastebin though

Thanks

Absolutely, have fun with the 1 million word Arc 4
I'll still never make it to Arc 5 myself, I don't know how anons caught up

Is it really that long

A faithful adaptation would be 100 episodes long.

Only in the Web novel. The light novel is extremely condensed but it roughly covers the exact same thing.

This is how you know people don't understand everything that was built up since episode 1. It's like people forget how much he really likes Emilia.

What the anime didn't show was why Subaru said he like Emilia despite Rem's confession.

In the LN, he is monologueing that if he says to Rem that he loves her, she will easily see through him and know that he is lying. Since she has been totally honest with him, he decides that he too will be honest with her. He loves her but he loves Emilia more. That has been brought up since forever.

Didn't you see why Rem didn't want to go with Subaru when he said that they should run away? Because she fucking knows he doesn't really want to. Goddamn speedwatchers. Can't even into context, forget what has happened in the past episodes, etc. No wonder everything is shit to you people.

Well I'm not surprised, you people have the attention span of a child anyway.

Its sort of complex, but ultimately it comes down to the most of her speech being about how he's not one to give up and that he shouldn't. Both because he wants her to understand that he got what she was saying and also so that she isn't surprised when he still pursues Emilia because of it he says 'I love Emilia'

She didn't really want him to say that per se, but expected him to, which is why she reacts the way she does. It does hurt her, and both of them knew that it would, but it was also expected and Subaru was simply being honest.

Also it doesn't stop her in any way and pretty much two days later they're trying to make out before the stupid cat cockblocks them, which was cut from the anime, but is present in both the WN and LN.

>What the actual fuck, is this some anime only bullshit?

EMT is just way too perfect for Rem to even begin to compare.

Post more lewd emilia

Is there a reason these LN/WN writers somehow always make the second girl really appealing to the audience just so she can lose to the girl that they want?

It happens so much that I can only think it's some kind of agenda

REzero is all about suffering.

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

It's because they're following fragments of formula without any understanding of why or how the larger formulas work or what effect they're trying to have on the audience.

They're just badly written trash.

Would it be better or worse?

Its that time again huh?

Better, you also see how Rem fell or Subaru more in the other chapters as well and lots of plot ties/ character development the anime left off such as a number of Satella scenes.

It was one of the worst episodes. Half of the episode for this drama shit he could just start "Yo I like Emilia shut up demon and let's go"

Too bad they never had enough time to do any couple shit after they confessed to each other

Fucking Satella

Rem is my girlfriend.

You should have expected that when Tappei started drawing parallels of Rem and Subaru between Wilhelm and Theresia, the author has a vendetta against couples I swear.

So what happened with translation user? Mega folder hasnt been updated in like 3 months now/

>I'll still never make it to Arc 5 myself, I don't know how anons caught up
It's called enjoying it.
I read it all in one day because I wanted to know what happened with Garfiel's amazin' self.

docs.google.com/document/d/1_wOtTltdwZhHK0UKaV1AelPcA-K70SdWPcY3FTBJGnA/mobilebasic#h.k6z2h15fdxmk
>Re:Zero Translation Link Compilation (Updated Sep.10)
a new user has stepped up and is doing translations for arc 5

Why is everyone calling her whore then

Actually you won't. How Rem fell for him is pretty much how you see it in the anime. The side stories already show her being really in love with him. They just focus bond between Subaru, her read rest of mansion residents goofing off. Subaru himself isn't lovely dovely with her, but treats her well.

Sup Forums calls every female that

I mean in WN/LN Everyone calls her whore.

It's only natural to despise such an abomination.

>is totally inept by herself
>relies on a man to do absolutely everything for and constantly save her through the offer of romantic love
What else would one call this but being a whore?

You say this as if Emilia doesn't already appeal to a lot of people. The base isn't a hivemind. This even getting into fact there are people like both girls anyway in the fandom.

Case in point: this pic is drawn by one of biggest Remfags around.

Subaru never asked her for help until arc 5 or so

I read the WN. and only one person does that. Mainly because she biased hates Emilia due to looking like Satella. Emilia doesn't even give shot.

Go away Echidna

>Sub: run away w/ me.
>Rem: Nah, cuz u ain't the sub I lik.
>Sub: I suck, lol.
>Rem: No, u awsem.
>Sub: lol, I am over it naw, let's go sav Emi & Fr!
>Rem: I love u, u love me?
>Sub: ... I love Emi, that's way we sav them. U com sav too?
>Rem: Y u so mean, u reject me and ask sav Emi.
>Sub: Well you rejected me first, lol.
>Rem: You right, let's go.

If Rem wanted him for herself, she should've just run off with him initially, it was her fault. :D

>give shot

*give a shit

Rem is a beta female being friendzoned by the MC

Regulus also called her whore if i remember correctly.

Its not like Subaru's heart doesn't belong to Rem anyways. She did the right thing, and now Subaru is even more devoted to Rem because of it.

>wake up
>check translation page to see if today is the day
>can't wake up

Regulus, Sirius and Echidna who mind you is unable to lie. Three people actually.

Mad, mad Remfags namecalling.

>Regulus
This is a guy we should trust who clearly has a very high opinion of women in general.

Tappei is taking his sweet time with the WN ever since Subaru went into amnesia

Only in Arc 5 after she rejected and fought against him. Before that he wanted to add her to his "collection".

When the living hell are we going to get the end o arc 6? I want them to continue where they left off with the SubaRem romance.

He also called Reinhardt a manwhore and Elsa a slut if I remember correctly

>People trying to defend
Just give up. The thing about this scene for most people isn't that they hate Subaru or Re:Zero because of it, is more like the last straw for them to want to totally shit on Subaru.
>Subaru spends all the episode on the series being a absolute unrelatable retard on all fronts
>Meanwhile Rem is winning the hearts of the audience again and again, and is doing everything for Subaru
>After 18 episodes, he admits to being a complete failure as a human being, as if this would excuse him being a failure or he would be any less of a shitty character for spelling It out for the audience, but Rem, the saint waifu, pulls his shit together and literally saves him from the bottom of the abyss
>She's also completely selfless by refusing his proposal to live with her, because that would be wrong
>In response, Subaru says ''Yeah right, this is all good and all, but I love Emilia, will you help me fuck her like the good cuck girl you are?''

So basically, it's already a very hated character breaking the heart of the most beloved character in the series.
>But he had to be honest with her
Sure, but you have to understand that for most of the audience his love for Emilia is unjustified. They think that Rem deserves more love and I agree. Add that to the fact he didn't need to tell Rem to help fucking him getting Emilia, that was fucked up, and you have a very pissed fanbase.

He got chased away by a specific vocal minority about how he translates his chapters. Ungrateful cunts.

>Echidna who mind you is unable to lie

That doesn't stop her from being biased. She can certainly have the opinion to like or dislike somebody which she excises. She just can't lie about the past or hide information.

Already spoke about Regulus and Sirius insults everybody but Petegeuse.

If you've read the "From Zero" chapter

>Nobody made expectations for Subaru. She is the only person who didn’t abandon him and didn’t accept the Subaru who abandoned even himself.
>This is the “curse” that Subaru cast on her.

-----

>[Rem: You woke up with a smile, told me the words I wanted to hear the most when I wanted to hear them the most, from the person I wanted to hear them from the most.]
>The frequency of the “curse” that Subaru cast on her is spoken from her mouth.
>That “curse” profoundly and gently restrained her heart with the chains called faith, and she was tied by them like this now as well.

----

>Because he only continued to show his unattractive side…
>Because Subaru himself cast an everlasting “curse” on her…
>He had an obligation to fulfill that duty.

-----

>He raises his face, looks forward, and then looks into Rem’s eyes. She calmly and kindly waits for Subaru to let out his answer.
>Because Subaru wanted to be the Natsuki Subaru that she loves…
>[Subaru: ??I love Emilia.]
>[Rem: ??Yes.]
>Rem responds to Subaru’s confession by nodding with a smile that made it seem as if she knew everything.
>And while knowing how cruel he was being to her smile and her kindness

Which is further emphasized

>Did he really have enough merit to him for a girl as well-done as Rem to love him so much?
>Even now he had to wonder it. That said, he was simultaneously thinking that he'd have to become a man who matched up to that merit.

Basically he thinks of himself as a man not worthy of Rem. Not like it matters because he confessed to Rem twice and tried to kiss her, then sneaks into her room every night after arc 3. Since people keep getting confused as to what that confession really is in retrospect.

Fuck that, I ain't reading all that shite. Quick rundown, what happens to Rem after that whole coma thing

Wait for when Tappei has free time or something or has free time to cut slabs of meat. I he is taking this long writing the next chapters we're probably going to see some heavy stuff going down.

What a nice man.

Well, he's not wrong.
>tfw no best ending

She is still in coma in arc 6. Nothing changes

Arc 4 has Subaru running around being sensitive about her, arc 5 has Subaru dealing with cities being under siege, and arc 6 has Subaru trying to find a cure for her. Ram provides opposition questioning if Subaru really loves Rem romantically to which they bicker over it.

posting best boy

>Sure, but you have to understand that for most of the audience his love for Emilia is unjustified. They think that Rem deserves more love and I agree. Add that to the fact he didn't need to tell Rem to help fucking him getting Emilia, that was fucked up, and you have a very pissed fanbase.

Then that audience is pretty dumb and watched ep 14-18. The very fact she killed than tortured him should already disqualify her and sort of entitlement. Most people in Subaru's position would have killed her or runaway, in fact I remember during the anime calling for her head in Arc 2. Rem is just lucky he is very forgiving and his feelings of wanting to be Emilia's side were stronger.

Also while a lot Japanese fans loved Rem they understood why Subaru stood by Emilia. She is someone he's been risking his life throughout the anime and he's not sudden just stop because another person is doing the same to him recently.

You say that as if Subaru spoiling her was not him being romantically inclined with her. Even the end o arc 2 he starts describing Rem's face as cute and lovely and in the mayo chapters with "blossoming feelings for Rem". even the birthday chapters where Ram finds him behaving strangely.

Well, even the nips were pretty pissed about it. Considering that it was also the nips that complained about Whitefox changing context for every Rem scene.

>Basically he thinks of himself as a man not worthy of Rem. Not like it matters because he confessed to Rem twice and tried to kiss her, then sneaks into her room every night after arc 3. Since people keep getting confused as to what that confession really is in retrospect.

You exaggerating some of that and isn't why rejected her. Especially becasue of Rem being too good for him and not Emilia which makes no sense because one of Subaru main personal conflicts in the arc was he no worth to Emilia since he was weak and made everything worse. That didn't stopping him from seeing her again after he said that line.

And he starting going to Rem's room almost every night in Arc 5.

Its probably because Subaru went into amnesia that Tappei is taking his sweet time, I wonder just what his plan for the story is to have him remove all of Subaru's character development like that. But reading Subaru running around acting like arc 1 Subaru in arc 6 is annoying.

That doesn't tell what is happening with Rem herself.

Which honestly is nothing. Her coma remains the same.

>"WOW AN ISEKAI FANTASY I CAN'T WAIT TO USE MY MAGIC"
>dies repeatedly
we can only hope the amnesia is caused by a curse on his body that gets deleted when he dies because otherwise we are in for the long haul.

You do know that the goal in arc 3 Subaru changed from "I have to save Emilia" to "I must not fail Rem" right? Also after arc 3 is arc 5+ even then during arc 4 he still spent the time to visit Rem regardless. As well as during the events between arc 4-5.

I was monitoring the Japanese reaction at the time. If they were pissed most of them must of been minority because a lot of the people liked ep 18 and even Subaru's. Also Ep 25 got most praise out of series which broke 100k tweets.

Except no it didn't. Rem's issue just go added to the things he wants to do, but even throughtout Arc 4-5 he's mostly about Emilia. It's not an either or thing for him anyway.

And there is no scenes of him spending time with Rem in Arc 4.5. The only reason we even know about him spending some nights with her during is because he says it in Arc 5.

I don't know what you were monitoring for but looking at the whole of everything Rem was the one being praised for episode 18 not Subaru, Subaru instead was the black sheep for awhile because of it, but those in the WN/LN community were disappointined because the end of arc 3 wasn't adapted.

From 2ch to tieba it was like this all over.

Tappei's priority list:
>LNs
>store specials
>supervising the VN / OVA / whatever else happens
>retweeting every emilia birthday fanart
>FGO
>chopping meat
>WN

we are already in for the long haul

Emilia wasn't even on his mind up until the close end of arc 4 and the beginning of arc 4, he was juggling more pressing matters such as Gaaf and Sanctuary. Saying he's mostly about Emilia is you over exaggerating. He thought about Echidna more about Emilia during that as well as Roswaal/White Rabbit problem and Elsa.

user, read this to me and tell me he never visited Rem during his year of training in arc 4.5.

Actually, it would be more hard pressed to deny if you just read the chapter.
remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/arc-5-subaru-visits-rem/

Its not really even that in arc 6 Ram made comments about this as well before Ram found out Subaru got his memories erased she mentioned that it was strange for Subaru to not be visiting Rem every night like he usually does. Which would not be possible in arc 5 considering he was at Pristella at the time.

Twitter and various Japanese forums. Also ep 25 had special early screening that was attended by fans they loved it including the SubxEmi parts. That opinion as spread out to Japanese viewers on twitter and was one of the top trends. People still retweet gifs of Subaru and Emilia's reconciliation scene. The fanbase is nowhere as petty as you think.

Was it the same people who kept yelling at Remon to stop translating "non-canon chapters" even though they were canon?

>this development
I don't know what to think.

That's the thing, opinions were spread out. Not concentrated, saying most people liked it while having a good half and a few feel disappointined in it, is just mincing. I've also had people who went to the screenings and there are also forum posts or people who went to talk about the screenings in tieba, from what I can see is that the overall reception was good by the audience but lackluster.

Yep

Reading about the stuff missing in arc 3 really wants me to just learn nip and read it myself. Since our blessed translators abandoned us except for discount user.

>Emilia wasn't even on his mind up until the close end of arc 4 and the beginning of arc 4,

I'm literally re-reading Arc 4 by following TranslationChickens translations right now and most of chapters he mentions or talks about Emilia. So what?

> he was juggling more pressing matters such as Gaaf and Sanctuary

That was his most pressing matter. The reason why he even wanted to convince Garfiel to let villages go was so that Emilia wouldn't be pressed anymore than she was to finish the trial. We have many scenes of them togetehr either in her room or various places in the Sanctuary.

> Even the end o arc 2 he starts describing Rem's face as cute and lovely and in the mayo chapters with "blossoming feelings for Rem"

He lterally does the same thing r\to Echidna multiple times in Arc 4. I guess that means he loves her too right? C'mon man.

It's pretty obvious he really didn't start falling for her until Arc 3. Yes he gotten some doki doki" moments, but he's even gotten that with Ram on occasion.

New user translated some Arc 4 interludes that the old cunt had skipped and has also done few Arc 5 chapters.

Or just chill and wait for official LN translations.

>Translation chicken
That's your problem, chicken isn't even done 1/4th of arc 4.
?The reason why he even wanted to convince Garfiel to let villages go was so that Emilia wouldn't be pressed anymore than she was to finish the trial.
No? He needed to get Gaaf to stave off Elsa from the mansion and preventing him from stopping evacuating the village etc.
>We have many scenes of them together either in her room or various places in the Sanctuary.
We had 5 scenes.
>He lterally does the same thing r\to Echidna multiple times in Arc 4. I guess that means he loves her too right? C'mon man.
Where did this come from and who are you replying to?

No that what I mean. I meant the positive impressions spread. Seriously dude, the Asian fanbase as whole like this series. Their aren't nearly into waifu as this place or 2ch. That some many Emilia or Rem fanart of each others characters by both camps. All disc volumes sold excellently too and the anime was nominated and won several anime of year polls among the Japanese.

Now just recently Remfags celebrating Emilia's birthday too and even going to event Shibya.

Which chapters?

>> Even the end o arc 2 he starts describing Rem's face as cute and lovely and in the mayo chapters with "blossoming feelings for Rem"
This
>Be that as it may, Subaru can’t just bluntly shake Rem off, especially since his feelings for her have started to bloom.
is different to
>Having an individual as undeniably attractive as Echidna interact so warmly toward any man would be enough to open their heart. Though of course, for a Subaru whose heart was already harbouring two girls, it's not enough to push aside his feelings.

I bet he'll love hanbaagaas.
>That's your problem, chicken isn't even done 1/4th of arc 4.
Going by Summary's word count he has completed about a third actually

>Garfiel will never grow despite drinking all that milk because then he'd be too tall for this shoehorned shit
being a manlet is suffering

Were people that shocked by the rejection? Was it the first time they watched a romance anime? Here I thought it was so predictable considering Subaru's character development up until that point.

So are Emiliafags going to Rem's conventions as well but you seem to not understand that these are unrelated to what we are discussing, People who love the series will naturally go to events and vice versa but opinions do not change despite how different the atmosphere is between which forums or places people are at. Which is that they did not like how Subaru rejected Rem at episode 18 to the point "I love Emilia" even became a meme for a small time, and how they changed the wagon scene in arc 3, nor do they fully enjoy the end of arc 3. Putting a blanket statement saying "well overall everyone loved it!" without crunching what transpired during each specific event is just turning a blind eye. I can also turn this around on you and say Emiliafags fully support the SubaRem relationship since I too see some Emiliaags post fanarts of them acting like a couple, but I'm not.

>Rem is the typical bestfriend-that-has-feelings-for-you character that exists even in real life
>Cutting his losses and running away from his ultimate goal(Emilia) is the traumatized Subaru talking so Rem is not taking that shit and she doesn't want to be second best option as well.

If you cut out all the isekai bullshit this is just a guy who's after his ultimate prospect while his second one is sticking around.

>inb4 anime-only
Yes, I am but even then the anime made sense.

On a scale from 1 to 10 how wet is she?

>That's your problem, chicken isn't even done 1/4th of arc 4.

I said I'm reading the arc. I read everything Chicken did then jump to user's translation. I'm reading Chickens because it reads better and aren't just detail summaries.

>No? He needed to get Gaaf to stave off Elsa from the mansion and preventing him from stopping evacuating the village etc.

That was later. Re-read ch 22.Subaru is thinking about it right when he's discussing the situation with Sanctuary with Garfiel. Subaru doesn't even know about Elsa then. Even when does he doesn't attempt to get Garfiel on his side until 5th loop because he is antagonist for every other loop afterwards.

>We had 5 scenes.

No it was far more than that.

>Where did this come from and who are you replying to?

You're talking about how Suabru describes how pretty Rem is and makes him feel funny to prove that he had fallen fro Rem before Arc 3. I just said that He does that to Echidna too and makes him react similarly so doesn't mean much of anything. That's simply how choosing interpret that regardless of consistency. If want to look at that in vacuum that's up to you.

>Hand on chest, wide eyes and mouth open
At least 7.