Tomino: Hack or a genius?

How can one man constantly flipflop between making 10/10 shows like Zeta and Turn-A, and making 1/10 garbage like Brain powered and Garzeys wing?

Alzheimers

the line between genius ideas and stupid ideas is very thin and blurry, that isn't that hard to understand

Zeta sucks my man

No director is consistent.

He is just autistic

>1/10 garbage like Brain powered

BP was not that bad OK

How good is Brain powered? I dont think I have ever heard anyone defend it.

All of the shows you mentioned have shit directing tho. He is sometimes a passable writer, but he's kinda shit at everything else, so I wouldn't call him a genius.

It has a 10/10 review on MAL, if you are interested in the opinions of someone who loves it.

Personally I haven't finished it yet, not that engaging and can be a bit boring, but you can do much worse.
The last episode I saw I unironically saw to help me fall asleep because I was tired.

He never made anything 10/10 but he made 0079 which is out of scale in term of industry and cultural impact over last 35 years

>10/10 shows like Zeta
Stopped reading right there

Brain Powerd was a 10/10 though. It is the thematically strongest of Tomino's work - with every frame and interaction ultimately relating back to Tomino's core theme about how the abandonment of motherhood in women leads to psychological and social ruin. It also just has an amazing aesthetic, and ultra powerful directing which uses it's jarringness to give that feeling of chaos and erraticism which is the natural side effect of the social ill that Tomino is attacking with the work. Brain Powerd is taking the masterful directing style that made Zeta so good and turning it up to 11.

ZZ is better than Zeta.

Fight me.

>1/10 garbage like Brain powered
Unless you think EVA is worse than 1/10 this is wrong

Brain powered is better than Zeta.

A bit of both. He's an industry man who did it as a job but he's also responsible for some great stuff. Ideon, Xabungle, etc, plus he's a fantastic storyboarder.

G-Reco is one of the worst shows I've ever wstched.

I don't even remember why I so strongly hated ZZ, but there has never been a worse experience in my life than trying to force myself to watch that piece of shit

Name one genius that ain't crazy

>Zeta
>Turn A
>10/10.
Lmao

The OVAs are the only thing from that franchise that's worth talking about

>10/10 shows like Zeta

>He never made anything 10/10
But he has

No one cares about your MAL, retard. Fuck off and never post on this board again.

Is people posting their MALs the biggest cancerous growth this board has developed in recent years?

>Zeta and Turn-A
>Brain powered and Garzeys wing
The ommon element between all of those is that they're all boring.

Depends, are you fluent in Japanese?

It was the retarded cast and the mountain of asspulls to justify their illogical actions.

I'm a dub guy.

You're thinking of Zeta

Tomino's dialogue is a world apart in japanese and English, this includes subs, the quirkiness (in a good way) doesn't translate 90% of the time at least.

And brain powered is the ultimate example of this.

Unironically a genius.