Kino no Tabi

New PV is out
youtu.be/ij21njEpveg

Considering this is PV, a "promotional video", it looks like shit, but I'll pick it up anyway.

Some of the shots look incredibly cozy, and the backgrounds are kinda nice.
What were they thinking with that song, though?

Is this a remake or sequel after all?

New Kino is sexy

Both

>cgi hermes

Also why does that dog look so strange.

Looks like absolute dogshit.

>cg
fuck

Her face looks dead

Fucking lerche

Goodbye potato Kino.

>3DCG Hermes

As far as I know, each episode is gonna feature different background art studio

Hiding in plain sight, I see.

That's the point

DON'T

What's wrong with the song?

>Not liking Nagi

This classic moe way of eating food is very much at odds with the tone & style that defined the original adaptation. seeing kino, a very distinct and fascinating and observant character, eating cake like any other female anime character these days, tells me all i need to know about this new adaptation: that it's going to be run-of-the-mill, conformist, uninspired, etc.

Kino is a girl

“Kino asked the waiter if they had anything sweet and was told that there was the recommended special. Without really knowing what it was, she ordered it.

“Here you are. Please take your time.”

“……”

What came out was a cream crepe of tremendous size, piled up like a mountain on a huge plate.

“……”

“Kino?”

“Everything’s a challenge.”

>Kino is eating! I'm mad! This new anime is shit! Why isn't she potato! I want my potato back! Classic moe is bad moe! I don't know what moe is!

KYAA OISHII

>the original adaptation
opinion discarded

freestyle boypussy eating cake the animation?

Well there's actually a running joke in the LN series that Kino is a complete gullet who'll eat anything that's put in front of her. The LN does actually have its light moments now and then, though none of that really came through in the original adaption. I don't really have a problem with Kino eating cake, other than the fact the animation looks a little too cutesy.

Yuuki Aoi sounds surprisingly good.

These people thinking the original Kino was some kind of masterpiece are truly going to be insufferable while the new one is airing.

bruh

There were few cute moments in the first adaptation tho. Pic related for example.

why are they showcasing her butt?

How's that ironic autism going for you?

Delete this from my mind holy shit.

Also this
Seems like some guys were too focused on scanlines and didn't notice

That screenshake looks really bad. I don't know if they need to parallax it or reduce the amount or what, but it needs to change.

I think they wanted to capture how it feels to ride a motorrad.

Kino was plenty cute in the old anime.

I'd rather want to know what it feels like to ride Kino.

KINOS CLOTHES ARE NOT GREEN
I swear they make it greener with each PV they release

Why are they doing this to me why are they doing this

Kino a cute.

And they failed. Your head stabilizes your view so things don't flail about that wildly. If this was 3D, I'd say go for translation screenshake instead of rotation screenshake, but I don't know how that translates into 2D besides maybe parallaxing.

I wanted to say that also her eyes aren't green, but seems like it depends

Finally a remake that looks better than the original.

Chapters getting adapted:
Colosseum
Ti chapter
Permitted murder

That's already 4,5-5 episodes of content.

Chapters probably getting adapted:
At least 2 Kino backstory ones (yasashii kuni included)

Did I miss anything?

She's so fucking adorable.

is Riku the only dog we've seen in the series?
he was talking by moving his mouth

since when she wear a helmet?

Does the novel explicitly state the color somewhere, because in the illustrations Eyes, Hair and Clothes are always share the same color which is not defined.
Not sure if intended, just stylistic choice, or laziness (reusing same color/pallet)

She only wears it in this chapter.

Wait, the MC is female?

Almost every chapter where Kino is featured starts with a detailed description of her appearance. The color of eyes isn't mentioned anywhere, though

I hope they tone it down with the CG a bit. But who am I kidding really?

Not that user and I really love Nagi but it is a bit pop-y for Kino I think.

Though to redact my own statement here I suppose when the '03 journey was kind of the same for its own time.

Song is boring and generic, some nice shots but overall also pretty bland, kind of a shame, since old kino had a lot of really nice lighting and color.

What the fuck is up with the CG use though? I'd be fine with it being animated as sparsely as old kino if it managed to keep the CG to a minimum.

So adaption aside what do you guys think of the chances of this popularizing Kino again and getting a new English publication?

I just want the Kino VNs translated to english

I want this CG meme to end.

>shitty snout design/perspective
>opening of the mouth doesn't show the rest of the head or fur

That's one bland OP song.

That's a little weird, to call it "The Animated Series" as if it's the only one,

Anyway, I hope that was just the OP or ED over that pv, the music better not be generic

Looks shite

He is speed and I am balance better reappear or there's war

truth =/= trolling

I prefer monkey-ears Kino to this new stuff. It was a more unique style and it reminds me of something else, but I can´t quite remember what.

Meh too cutesy and generic

why do they do it, just because its cheaper?

Nice SOL anime!

From what I've heard it's actually a bit more expensive, but takes less time and effort.

The direction and animation are all very bland. If Kino no Tabi wasn't such a well-known series it would be easy to dismiss this as generic fantasy trash.

Honestly it really would. I'm skeptical even as a fan of the artstyle because of the boring directing.

Wow people were right.

Most of the people here who liked Kino never liked Kino itself. They were faggots who liked Nakamura's pretentious directing. Maybe if you suck his decomposed zombie dick, he'll come back to life and finish up Despera for you twats.

For reference I'm I love the novels even more than the '03 anime. Is it really so wrong to be skeptical of what we've seen so far?

look like moe shit

lol

Fucking hell

No, I feel this will be straying from the LNs too. It's hard to tell cos I've only read fan translations that were very forward and factual that actually felt like the '03 anime but I still feel the colour palette etc feels off for this anime

This is not beautiful, therefore it is

so can I watch this without any prior knowledge to the series?

berserk tier trash

I don't see why you wouldn't just watch the 2003 run instead. Not to say you shouldn't watch the new one as well, but there's already a good series of Kino available for you to watch.

Its not billed as a sequel

for a second I thought the song is by eufonius

Need your ears cleaned?

Shit?

holy shit dude calm down not everyone has superhearing like you

The original adaptation was bad.
There I said it.

DELET

The original adaptation is kino. There, I said it.

Hardly an achievement with this particular franchise.

Yes, that's the name of the main character.

I recognize that dog.