Kemono Friends

Kadokawa's talking out of their ass.

@Kamui_Arisawa: Tatsuki always obtain permission before publishing anything for Kemono Friends

This is in rebuttal to Kemono Friend Project's official announcement early today.

Other urls found in this thread:

nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/201709270000458.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp
twitter.com/yosrrx/status/849338523312377856
youtube.com/watch?v=Rcu2Sg5DT8Y
twitter.com/saltmine/status/912732809055236096
twitter.com/saltmine/status/912733408161275904
polygon.com/2017/9/26/16368340/kemono-friends-director-fired-season-two
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The part in question from the announcement:

>However, Yaoyorozu studio chose to utilize the project’s intellectual property on its own without having informed or shared the news with the committee. The committee has hoped to continue the partnership with the studio and we have asked for normalize full information sharing from the party in advance, but Yaoyorozu would not accept these conditions, and have asked to be withdrawn from the project.

It was damage control excuse.

If that problem existed why wait until now.

>Kamui_Arisawa
Who?

who is Kamui Arisawa though
and why does his words have weight

Because they were trying to give him second and third chances.

KF Pavillion info was supposed to come out today, right?

God, no one cares anymore

I tried ridding my bike drunk to forget a bit but I only ended up crying on the road.

Kemono Friends is dead and it took my joy with it

They might as well cancel it now.

Tatsuki canned is seriously mainstream news.
This is on Nikkan Sports, a Japanese daily sports newspaper.

>監督降板騒動「けもフレ」ラジオ開始にファン困惑
>Director firing, KemoFure radio launch leaves fans puzzled

nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/201709270000458.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

THE FLAME RISES.

You woke up too early.

What did Nissin mean by this?

> I don't read japanese

All these bots using #たつき監督

See

>dude we make noodles don't ask us

Now that JRA and Nissin have both confirmed that their collaborations were completely official, the problem can only be 12.1, right? Then what, precisely, was the context of the tweet here:

>最後の打ち合わせで、終わった後も自由に作っていいですよって言ったらたつき監督の目がキラーンってした気がしてたんだけど…まさか!

twitter.com/yosrrx/status/849338523312377856

They can obtained their permission but Kadokawa still have probpem with them

Kemono is shit anyway, gtfo out of Sup Forums with your furry bullshit. /mlp/ is annoying enough, don't add these furry faggots Kemono friends on Sup Forums.

Damaged control.
They don't have any other dirt on yaoyorozu

The kado guy was drunk and only approved it verbally so now they can use it to bullshit their way around.

Official or not, it's a completely ridiculous reason to fire anyone.

It's a doujin work for godsake. He used only his resources and made no money out of it.
Corporate fucks grasping at straws to hide the elephant in the room

We morning nus now!

>youtube.com/watch?v=Rcu2Sg5DT8Y

FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT

本コラボ動画に関するお問い合わせをいただいておりますが、同動画は2017年6月の企
画段階から「けものフレンズプロジェクト」と連携の上、制作したものであり、許諾を得た動画です。 また「けものフレンズ」新規映像化プロジェクトの制作体制変更に関しては、弊社としては事前に知りえない情報であり、関与できる立場でもございません

We've started to ask about this collaboration, and we've received permission to produce this animation in cooperation with Kemono Friends Project during June of 2017.

The change in the development plans of Kemono Friends Project's animation work is something that we did not know in advance, and we are not in the position to intervene in it.

>Damaged control.
>They don't have any other dirt on yaoyorozu
I fully expect Kadokawa to be short sighted enough to mark Kemono Friends as a loss. They could argue that they started with a dead franchise and ended with a dead franchise, so in the end they lost nothing. That they are big enough to sacrifice a potential hit to make themselves feel better about themselves.

That basically, they know they are killing a cash cow, and the leaders are spiteful enough to say they would rather kill that cow than to be humiliated by an outsider.

>they censored Kadokawa from his tweets
Hilarious

Their problem is not whether he made money or didn't. It's that they themselves didn't make money out of it.

This is surreal. Just watching that lady explain Kemono Friends with a straight face is enough to make me feel woozy.

The allegation by Kadokawa is specifically use of Kemono Friends without informing the proper rights holders. They can hardly authorize something and then turn and complain that they were not informed.

Either this is all about 12.1, or else there is there a way to authorize things under the "Kemono Friends Project" label without consulting Kadokawa (and this would be for Nissin only - the JRA notice specifically says they received notice from Kadokawa specifically). It doesn't sound plausible to me but at this point all explanations are total bullshit.

I don't think so, because this cash cow is saving Nico Nico, which is something that the leadership's been under attacked over due to it losing the company money for several years straight.

Just how big is this in Japan that a sport news take this scoop?

It's a swear word now.

Why did they censor Kadokawa?
Are they on our side?
Help, there's no subs

>Just how big is this in Japan that a sport news take this scoop?
Kemono Friends is the biggest hit of its season if not the whole year. And more importantly it was re-aired in child friendly time slots so it is something normal Japanese actually watched.

twitter.com/saltmine/status/912732809055236096
twitter.com/saltmine/status/912733408161275904
Can someone give a short summary please?

I'm surprised that 46% of tweets about this were from women. Being on Sup Forums all the time convinces you at some point that 95% of everyone is male.

Why is it that you user outside of Asia-Pacific remain skeptical about how big kemono friends have blown up in Japan?

The re-airing of episode 12 took precedence over north korea firing missile near Japan during broadcast, and the whole success of Kemono Friends were repeated in business section all around, never mind just within the anime industry.

You're asking about a news that actually trended worldwide from a small country like Japan. Of course it's gonna make waves. Kemono Friends is super popular in Japan for a reason. Did you guys really think that the show was just still for otakus and stuff? Normal people loved it.

It's the biggest anime in years

Angry moms is one heck of a voting block.

Shit man they've got an actual fucking lawyer for commentary. I guess I'll actually pull out a dictionary and try to figure out what he's said.

From what I know, it gets delayed.

>Kemono Friends
>from miracle anime that saved a dead franchise and made it a national phenomenon
>to whistleblower on nepotism practiced by large corporations and anime production committees
Truly, the miracle of our times.

First western media to report on this?
polygon.com/2017/9/26/16368340/kemono-friends-director-fired-season-two

They got views on Nico Nico Douga, which is also owned by Kadokawa. It also further excited fans for Season 2.

There was some Peruvian paper on it.

I fucking hate that things like your picture exist. Every time I see this gif I want to punch the person who put that cat in there.

What the fuck am I looking at here? Is that for euthanizing cats or something? Or a pet shower or something?

Explains the mass hysteria.

Everyone who gets sandstarred becomes female, so it was inevitable.

CR actually had an article since yesterday.

Regular 4channer here who never watched Kemono Friends.

Seeing this whole debacle unfold has must be fucking terrible. As an irregular visitor to Sup Forums, I give you my condolences and support for this series.

It says pet spa on front so I'm guessing it's a hands free way to wash your furry friends

Pet shower. It was meant for dogs, I believe

These are the kind of posts that remind me that a lot of people here live in a bubble and think that everything they don't know is not true or unbelievable to the point that even if the facts are already in being dangled in front of their faces, they'll still deny it to their last breath.

I'll be honest, I was about to report it because I thought it was an oven of some sort.

Initially Kemono Friends success made me hope anime production people realize their current production model is flawed and try doing things different way, but then Yaoyorozu got the boot for refusing to do things old way and it's back to square one.
There's no hope or dream left in anime industry.

Thanks. Hoping for a happy ending

The original Japanese text never mentioned "authorization". The original text said "Using the work without informing and sharing information with each/every involved party".

Yes, and they still wanted the money from that episode 12.1.

No user, it's not the time to discuss that

Right. Which is why I left open the possibility that Just Productions or Yaoyorozu had the rights to sign a collab without going through committee, and did so with Nissin.

I mean this is already a stretch of an explanation, but we owe it to ourselves to carefully and objectively consider every possibility that makes Kadokawa not the shitstains here so that when we do reject them we can be fully sure of what we say.

It's never the time bah

The kadokawa letter claims the reason why they are changing the production system is because they refused request to normalize the workflow, and thus it is not based on what they have alreafy done, but instead based on their expectation on future workflow

So that maybe means the workflow up until has not been "normalized"? As in, Yaoyorozu negotiates everything themselves and then presents the deal wrapped in a bow to the Kemono Friends Project, at which point the committee members are basically stuck approving it unless they want to cause a scene?

I'm trying to imagine a world in which even the most mercenary thinks that the problem is large enough to justify letting go a studio. There are limits to stupidity.

きみの名前を教えて。 きみは何が見たい?

There's no hope or dream left in the world.

kill yourself

this fanbase became the most annoying on Sup Forums seemingly overnight. remarkable.

The absolute state of kemono friend right now

We will all be waking up early every day for the next three months.

kemono friend was a hack. i am glad that it is now dead.

T. Todd Howard.

Please read just one of the translated staff interviews with an open mind, from start to end, and see if it doesn't cause you to reflect on what a shitter you are.

This

Just woke up anything happened in the last 8 hours? I know that Nissin released a statement saying they went through all the proper channels for their collab.

>"ah but they worked on things without telling us" was the only reason Kadokawa gave as to why they did this
>it got disproved
Oh boy, this keeps getting worse and worse for them.

Kadokawa's claim that Tatsuki violated his contract are being disproved

They still remain adamant about keeping all license for KF

>overnight
It's been a couple of months. It's just that shonenfags were more obnoxious when their shit was airing.

Problems can be solved by money are not problem

Yeah I just found out that the JRA also said their collab was legit with permission from Kadokawa.

Two nukes weren't enough. I hope Kim nukes the place and makes Japari Park real.

So the only excuse left for Kusokawa is 12.1 right?

A-Any good news?

Tatsuki is still alive.

kemono faggots are just retard

Which Tatsuki did with his own money and time so if it’s really that then Kadokawa is in the position of having fucked their goose over free advertisement.

The smell of SEA monkeys

SOPA DE KEMONO UMA DELICIA

Someone in this thread suggested that Yaoyorozu may have been resisting workflow normalization changes or something along those lines:

Tatsuki won't be rehired. S2 will happen with different people. And you will watch it nevertheless. Look at GoT, people have been shitting on it for entire years, yet they still continue to watch. Same shit will happen with KF.

>one example
Yeah, no backlash never meant anything to any IP ever. All decision-makers have impunity in everything they do. You figured it out.

Can anyone see Kadokawa going full Konami over this if things got bad enough and cancelling everything related to the project like all the physical merch slated to come out

GoT didn't completely remove GRR Martin from the creative process.