In defense of Sword Art Online

Because you douches really struck a nerve, I'm going to chew you up and spit you out.

You guys can't even get your facts straight; you make up shit that didn't even happen.

Example 1: Asuna didn't ask Kirito to fight ANYONE for her sake. He simply chose to do so because he didn't like how her Kuradeel was treating her--->stalking her like a creep.

FROM THE NOVEL:

[Until that moment, I'd been grappling with my typical instinct to flee and avoid trouble. But the look in her eyes caused my hand to move of its own accord. It closed around the wrist of Kuradeel's offending hand, just soft enough not to set off the anti-criminal code within the safe limits of town.
"Sorry, pal. I'm renting out your vice commander for the day". It was a groaner of a line but there was no turning back now. Forced to acknowledge my existence at last, Kuradeel swung his arm away, his face a mask of rage.
"Insolent brat!" he gnashed. Even accounting for SAO's tendency to exaggerate facial expressions, something in his face seemed to have gone off the rails.
(This already implies he's insane and dangerous. Asuna is scared because ANY NORMAL GIRL WOULD BE)
"I'll take responsibility for Asuna's safety. We're not running off to fight a boss today. You can go back to your HQ."
"N-nonsense! I would never leave Lady Asuna in the hands of a no-name like you! I am a full member of the Knights of the Blood-"
"I'll do a much better job of it than you."
Honestly, I shouldn't have said that one.]

Kirito acted on his OWN accord. Same goes for when he decides to fight the commander. Reluctantly. Also, when he finds out Asuna leveled up to perfect her cooking, he thought it was insane. Obviously he doesn't think of her as a "kitchen girl". He thought it would be better to level up fighting skills!

Asuna makes food for him because she loves him. There's nothing wrong with that.

Asuna got angry at their misunderstanding about sex because she just embarrassed herself and wanted to take it out on him (typical for tsundere girls). That day was traumatic for both of them and people tend to turn to each other for comfort. That part is realistic. Asuna doesn't want to be seen as JUST some sexual object. She wants his heart too. She's in love with him partially because he changed her outlook on the virtual world and inspired her to try and partially because he protected her when she fell asleep for THREE HOURS. Three hours. What total stranger does that? It was a selfless act of compassion and she fell for him. Like with the other girls, he didn't win their affection by "acting like a bastard", he WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP THEM and protected them and was kind to them.

And sex is PART of love so yes, Asuna wanted to have sex with him. That's what people in love do. Stop being so vulgar and immature about it. It's a natural urge.

2. Kirito is NOT "perfect in everything"; he's a NERD WHO GAMES CONSTANTLY. He stays locked up in his room and plays games. All the time. Anyone can get good with that much experience. He has poor social skills and is implied to be a hikkomori (shut-in). That is partially why he doesn't like being social even in the game but the biggest reason is SACHI'S DEATH.

...............like did you people even watch this show? Did you read the books?
Being unsocial doesn't ONLY mean "not talking to others". He accompanies the girls and shares small talk but he doesn't open UP to them. Asuna was the first one to break down that wall. That's what makes them so good for each other. He trusted her enough to let her in and now the two share everything. He treats her as an equal.

I actually like SAO sir.

Being unsocial doesn't ONLY mean "not talking to others". He accompanies the girls and shares small talk but he doesn't open UP to them. Asuna was the first one to break down that wall. That's what makes them so good for each other. He trusted her enough to let her in and now the two share everything. He treats her as an equal.

3. Fanservice. Yes, there is some. Of course there is. It's in the novels too, which are aimed at GUYS. Why wouldn't there be fanservice? They want it to sell. The service in this show isn't A THIRD as bad as other anime I have seen. What's the huge deal?

4. Misogyny? No. Asuna shows signs of weakness, talking about suicide but Kirito shows EQUAL weakness; ironically he's definitely the bigger crybaby of the two and she comforts him more than he has to comfort her. After Asuna "dies" in the game, he totally loses his own will and couldn't even fight properly which is how he got STABBED!

Kirito had to save Liz.....because guess what? SHE'S NOT A FIGHTER. She is a craftswoman. He had to save Silica because Silica was foolish and took on more than she could handle. And if it were not for two, yes TWO different female characters in the series, Kirito would be dead; Shino had to save him in the BOB arc from being murdered by another guy!

Given that the side stories with Silica and Liz still take place in Aincrad, it would be weird to air those episodes after Kirito beat the game. Makes sense to put them towards the beginning

Suguha was a stupid character and I hated her guts. We didn't need her. But Kirito needed HELP FROM ANOTHER GIRL to save Asuna because he learned the hard way; will power alone can't always win. He relied on others (FEMALES) for help. Mr. Perfect indeed. Misogyny LOL.

In the Mother Rosario arc, KIRITO IS A SIDE CHARACTER and the focus is on a TWO-GIRL FRIENDSHIP; Asuna and Yuuki. That couldn't be further from misogyny since it passes the FEMINIST test: two named female characters talking about something other than a man!

Too bad its still shit.

>boring, invincible protagonist
>strong female lead gets princess'd
>characters are cardboard cutouts
>story pulls deus ex machinas out of its ass in order to force the series to continue forever
>forgetable OST
>the thing that made the series interesting in the first place got written out after episode 12
>that whole baby program girl pixie thing

Your first mistake was assuming anyone is going to read this wall of text.
Your second mistake was assuming Sup Forums is a hivemind and everyone has the same opinion.
Your final mistake was assuming Sup Forums unilaterally hates SAO when the most common opinion is that the first arc is decent, the second arc is tolerable and the rest is absolute dogshit.

Nice blog, senpai. SAO is still trash though.

tl;dr

>Forcing an OPINION in Sup Forums, especially SAO
Is there no other place to do this rather than here?

>forgettable OST
this is where you're wrong

Plus it's fun to watch, first anime that made me watch anime again

>Plus it's fun to watch

Maybe if you are 14.

Invincible gary stu leads are always garbage. Always.

SAO is shit for dumb teenagers.

I was 16 when it aired.

>NERD WHO GAMES CONSTANTLY

And can beat up bad bullies IRL because of his epic game skillz.

Fuck off.

>this is where you're wrong
It is objective anyhow. I didn't like it as much and certainly don't remember any of the tunes anymore.
>it's fun to watch
>that spoiler
Maybe mediocre shows are your thing after all.

It's like the whole show is a nerd fantasy.

Fuck damn it you newfags. This is an old pasta posted over a year ago. Stop treating it as anything new.

Wait a second, I recognize this copypasta.

glop

>is that the first arc is decent
you mean the first episode is somewhat promising

SSHHHH!!

二年

fuck off

Agreed.

>the most common opinion is that the first arc is decent, the second arc is tolerable and the rest is absolute dogshit.
What do you mean by "second arc"? Because from my experience, the second arc (the one with the fairy shit) is hated by most.
Season 2 is an overall improvement, but still has quite a few parts that are downright trash, while having a strong final arc.

>beat up bad bullies IRL
What? You mean the half-blind guy that was in absolute pain and couldn't aim a knife because of it? Doesn't take much to beat up a cripple.

>ITT people don't realize it's a copy pasta from MAL

>f/a/ggots going on MAL

It's shit

It was damned pretty to look at and listen to.

But watch the abridged series if you want actual plot and character development.